Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Database of all vanilla reactions?  (Read 575 times)

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Database of all vanilla reactions?
« on: April 18, 2017, 09:19:42 pm »

So I've read the wiki page about reactions, http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Reaction, and about all the tags and whatnot, and while I generally understand reactions, I'm mostly familiar with the metal smelter reactions and anything else still confuses me.

I'm wondering if there exists any list of all of the standard reactions in the game to be used as examples of all the stuff you can do?  Or maybe some better reaction guides out there that I might have missed?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Database of all vanilla reactions?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 07:42:19 am »

did you read through the raws?

all reactions are simply transactions.  bring all the items called reagents in the reaction to the shop and get the products.  if you download a base copy of DF from bay12 the reactions found in the raw\objects\ folder are all the base vanilla reactions.  if that's what you are looking for, being familiar with them will help a lot in the process of creating your own reactions.

really in the end, like all there is in DF, you best way to understand it is to dive in and actually edit raws.

create a building_test.txt
 inside of it put:
Code: [Select]
[OBJECT:BUILDING]

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:TEST_BUILDING]
[NAME:test building]
[NAME_COLOR:7:0:1]
[DIM:3:3]
[WORK_LOCATION:2:2]
[BUILD_LABOR:ARCHITECT]
[BUILD_KEY:NONE]
[BLOCK:1:0:0:1]
[BLOCK:2:0:0:1]
[BLOCK:3:0:0:0]
[TILE:0:1:' ':' ':150]
[TILE:0:2:' ':' ':'/']
[TILE:0:3:'-':' ':' ']
[COLOR:0:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:6:0:0]
[COLOR:0:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:6:0:0]
[COLOR:0:3:6:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[TILE:1:1:' ':' ':'=']
[TILE:1:2:'-':' ':8]
[TILE:1:3:' ':' ':150]
[COLOR:1:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:6:0:0]
[COLOR:1:2:6:0:0:0:0:0:6:0:0]
[COLOR:1:3:0:0:0:0:0:0:6:0:0]
[TILE:2:1:'-':' ':8]
[TILE:2:2:' ':' ':8]
[TILE:2:3:' ':150:' ']
[COLOR:2:1:6:0:0:0:0:0:6:0:0]
[COLOR:2:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:6:0:0]
[COLOR:2:3:0:0:0:6:0:0:0:0:0]
[TILE:3:1:150:' ':8]
[TILE:3:2:' ':' ':8]
[TILE:3:3:' ':240:' ']
[COLOR:3:1:6:0:0:0:0:0:6:7:0]
[COLOR:3:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:6:7:0]
[COLOR:3:3:0:0:0:7:0:1:0:0:0]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

create a reaction_test.txt
and put the following in it:
[OBJECT:REACTION]

[REACTION:REACTION_TEST_1]
      [NAME:reaction test 1]
  [DESCRIPTION:this is the 1st reaction test]
      [BUILDING:TEST_BUILDING:CUSTOM_A]

[REACTION:REACTION_TEST_2]
      [NAME:reaction test 2]
  [DESCRIPTION:this is the 2nd reaction test]
      [BUILDING:TEST_BUILDING:CUSTOM_B]

[REACTION:REACTION_TEST_3]
      [NAME:reaction test 3]
  [DESCRIPTION:this is the 3rd reaction test]
      [BUILDING:TEST_BUILDING:CUSTOM_C]

[REACTION:REACTION_TEST_4]
      [NAME:reaction test 4]
  [DESCRIPTION:this is the 4th reaction test]
      [BUILDING:TEST_BUILDING:CUSTOM_D]

[REACTION:REACTION_TEST_5]
      [NAME:reaction test 5]
  [DESCRIPTION:this is the 5th reaction test]
      [BUILDING:TEST_BUILDING:CUSTOM_E]

[REACTION:REACTION_TEST_6]
      [NAME:reaction test 6]
  [DESCRIPTION:this is the 6th reaction test]
      [BUILDING:TEST_BUILDING:CUSTOM_F]

[REACTION:REACTION_TEST_7]
      [NAME:reaction test 7]
  [DESCRIPTION:this is the 7th reaction test]
      [BUILDING:TEST_BUILDING:CUSTOM_G]

[REACTION:REACTION_TEST_8]
      [NAME:reaction test 8]
  [DESCRIPTION:this is the 8th reaction test]
      [BUILDING:TEST_BUILDING:CUSTOM_H]

[REACTION:REACTION_TEST_9]
      [NAME:reaction test 9]
  [DESCRIPTION:this is the 9th reaction test]
      [BUILDING:TEST_BUILDING:CUSTOM_I]

[REACTION:REACTION_TEST_10]
      [NAME:reaction test 10]
  [DESCRIPTION:this is the 10th reaction test]
      [BUILDING:TEST_BUILDING:CUSTOM_J]

then go to your entity_default the one for a dwarfs
add to the bottom of it:
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:TEST_BUILDING]
 [PERMITTED_REACTION:RECTION_TEST_1]
 [PERMITTED_REACTION:RECTION_TEST_2]
 [PERMITTED_REACTION:RECTION_TEST_3]
 [PERMITTED_REACTION:RECTION_TEST_4]
 [PERMITTED_REACTION:RECTION_TEST_5]
 [PERMITTED_REACTION:RECTION_TEST_6]
 [PERMITTED_REACTION:RECTION_TEST_7]
 [PERMITTED_REACTION:RECTION_TEST_8]
 [PERMITTED_REACTION:RECTION_TEST_9]
 [PERMITTED_REACTION:RECTION_TEST_10]

now you can generate a new world and start an embark and create your test building.

save your game and exit the embark.

now you have a reaction test world.  you can add or delete tags from those ten test reactions all you want, then reload your reaction test world and check the resullts.  I suggest you play around ith production tags first, then work on reagents. once you have creating items down, you can then use some of those reactions to produce the items you want to use as you test reagents.  and there you go.  enjoy.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 07:49:58 am »

I was mainly curious to see if there had already been an example of every reaction already in the game because I wand to create a set of... semi-industrial workshops that basically copy all the existing workshops but require more materials to build, and are able to create larger batches of items at once.

From my experience so far doing modding in DF, and a little basic programming education, I've learned that if it already exists it can be easier to copy/paste rather than starting entirely from scratch.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 09:52:40 am »

I was mainly curious to see if there had already been an example of every reaction already in the game because I wand to create a set of... semi-industrial workshops that basically copy all the existing workshops but require more materials to build, and are able to create larger batches of items at once.

From my experience so far doing modding in DF, and a little basic programming education, I've learned that if it already exists it can be easier to copy/paste rather than starting entirely from scratch.

ah.  well you was asking about a database of "vanilla" reactions... well that's what I was pointing out, they are inside of the raw\objects\ folder... what your asking for is a database of examples of how to use all the "reaction tokens" available in use.  I don't personally know of any, I learned by experimentation and reading other people's mods.

As far as what your stating your looking to create, mass production buildings, like the blast furnace in Masterwork, you just change the amount of reagent materials and the production materials.  If you are trying to find one place of examples of DF reaction tags, well other than what is in the wiki, there isn't much.  I think the biggest issue with one being created is that there are so many different options of how the tags can be put together to produce all sorts of reactions.  But at the same time, there's not much left that can be done with reaction raws, that someone hasn't done before.  picking up someones large mod pack and searching it for tags your interested in understand should glean hundreds of examples of their usage, and probably the end resullts your looking for.

If you look around here hard enough there are posts that have links to hundreds of different "modding guides"... shoot after speaking to you, I feel like making my own set of examples.... but only a little bit, I have a lot of things I'm working on all at the same time.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:55:20 am by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal