Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Bloodyhalls, Fortress of Immortality: Weremoose Apocalypse  (Read 9540 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Bloodyhalls, Fortress of Immortality: Weremoose Apocalypse
« on: April 18, 2017, 09:34:48 pm »

The Picks of Immortality have been nearly wiped out, only a single hillock remaining of their once proud country. There is only one hope left for them: to send an expedition to the Silky Swamp, where it is said that no being can die. But the swamp titan will defend its home - and the elves and goblins that wiped out the Picks of Immortality in the first place won't take this lying down.

This is the tale of Bloodyhalls, Fortress of Immortality!

No succession fortress can go without a twist, and this fort has a big one - the fort is founded in a good biome that revives any intelligent creature that dies there, no matter the damage to the body. Not only does that include dwarves, but also humans, goblins, elves, trolls, blind cave ogres, animal men, etc. This means overseers will have to use other methods to take care of invaders besides throwing dwarves at it.

May the blood flow freely!

Rules
DFhack is mandatory. When a dwarf revives, you won't be able to control them again unless you use tweak/makeown. This script is also highly recommended. It does tweak/makeown on every dwarf in the fortress.

Turn List
Flame
Sanctume

Herodian
Ryukan

Journal of Dobar Figuredeer

1st Granite, 250

Today our little expedition departs. I have been elected as expedition leader. I look forward to immortality!

10th Granite, 250

The journey has been uneventful so far. We have been traveling beneath the mountains via the cavern roads to avoid detection.

The king did not give a name for this fortress, leaving it to me instead. So I've thought of a pretty good one. Here was my thought process:
1. We'll be immortal, but we can still be wounded.
2. Immortality + wounds = blood
3. Bloodyhalls.

14th Granite, 250

We have finally arrived at the place chosen for the new fortress. It's a relatively flat plain, lightly forested, with murky pools scattered all around. Perfect for building a surface fortress. I have ordered the digging of the fort's entrance.

We must make this place fit for the king - he needs immortality more than any of us. As a human, the years weigh more heavily on him than a dwarf.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:58:35 pm by TheFlame52 »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhalls, Fortress of Immortality
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 10:19:11 pm »

I don't know what this is about, but sign me up!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 11:14:06 pm »

Perfect pun on my name aside, I like this idea, sign me up
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 08:36:46 am »

I've added you both. Yes, I realized last night that the name is incredibly similar to Bloodyhells. That wasn't planned but we might as well roll with it.

Herodian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 08:44:22 am »

I'd love a turn if possible.
The world is grey, the mountains old,
The forge's fire is ashen-cold;
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls:
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-dûm.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 08:54:50 am »

Added.

Damn, this is shaping up to be a popular fortress. You guys want dwarves? Right now only the starting seven are available.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 09:06:24 am »

Added.

Damn, this is shaping up to be a popular fortress. You guys want dwarves? Right now only the starting seven are available.

!y fort is more popular....

Anywho, when will this fort start?
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 11:02:06 am »

Sure, assign me a any dwarf and I'll roll with it.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 11:29:33 am »

Note to self: save more often. I just lost most of a year to a mysterious crash.

EDIT: Yeah, no update today, I am pissed that I lost all that time to play any more. MY DWARF HAD A STRANGE MOOD. ARGH.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:47:05 am by TheFlame52 »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 02:13:55 pm »

Note to self: save more often. I just lost most of a year to a mysterious crash.

EDIT: Yeah, no update today, I am pissed that I lost all that time to play any more. MY DWARF HAD A STRANGE MOOD. ARGH.

Turn on seasonal autosaving! I also manually save and backup whenever I finish something particularly time consuming, like designating large constructions.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 03:52:39 pm »

Wait... explain to me again how this works. Any intelligent creature that dies gets reanimated à la evil biome? Or does it just pop up back to life again, with no changes? I assume this uses a mod.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 05:38:49 pm »

i want a turn!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 05:44:29 pm »

Wait... explain to me again how this works. Any intelligent creature that dies gets reanimated à la evil biome? Or does it just pop up back to life again, with no changes? I assume this uses a mod.
No, they get resurrected. In vanilla the only place this is used is in the interaction that raises mummies. However, this interaction uses a quick transformation to heal the creature when it revives. So a dwarf dies, they revive, you have your dwarf back at full health.

i want a turn!
You're on the list now.

Journal of Dobar Figuredeer

Granite 23

The workshop space is being dug out. Also it is raining. I hate rain.

Hematite 1

Oh shit! I found my journal! I guess I'll give a summary of the spring. The miners dug out bedrooms, workshops, farms, offices, stockpiles, and a hospital. The mason has been very busy furnishing all these rooms. The carpenter has been making beds, mostly. The farmer has been working the plots and gathering plants from the surface. The jeweler has been making stone crafts for trade. Meanwhile, I've been mostly hauling. There's not much need for a butcher or clothier yet.

Hematite 8

The miners are now digging the central staircase down into the earth. A few days ago they both reached legendary status, a testament to how much mining they have been doing lately.

As far as I can tell, the only ores we have are galena and sphalerite. Looks like we'll have to import metal.

Hematite 17

The miners reached the magma sea. Unfortunately, we have too few dwarves to set up magma forges yet.

Malachite 28

Migrants! Two herbalists and a woodcrafter that are all brothers, a glazer who is also a pretty good mason (yes!), a clothier, a leatherworker who is a surgeon (nice), and a miner. Those last two are husband and wife. May they have many children!

Now that we have a spare mason I have ordered the construction of rock blocks.

Limestone 1

There is now a small construction over the entrance to the fort. This can seal the fort in an emergency.

Limestone 2

Three kobold thieves visited the fortress, but were chased off.

Limestone 17

The caravan is here. We don't have a depot. Masons, get on that!

Limestone 18

Migrants! A metal crafter, a trader (how convenient), and the metalcrafter's 11 year old daughter (who has no father). I made the trader our broker. While I was at it I made our woodcrafter the manager and bookkeeper. He's not doing anything.

I met with the liaison. The world is the same as ever. I ordered iron and steel bars, drinks, and lye. She wants quivers and ash. Okay.

Limestone 20

The depot is built. We're bringing clear zircons and a shitload of quartzite crafts to the depot. There are only two merchants with their pack animals. They brought no drinks or metal bars. The broker traded for some seeds, two barrels, and some meat animals.

Sandstone 18

The magma forges are complete - except for one anvil. Then the merchants announced that they would be leaving and took their anvils with them. Shit.

When the miners opened the magma sea they spotted an adamantine spire.

Sandstone 22

I've ordered myself to slaughter all the stray herbivores in the fort.

Timber 8

We pierced the first cavern today. Looking around, the miners spotted a bunch of trolls fighting a troglodyte. The trog would die, revive, and die again, over and over. Luckily they're on the other side of a lake from us. ((OOC: I've discovered a bug. Those trolls are all marked as friendly. Also I think they all came from a single troll. I may have to rework the revival interaction.))

Before we could seal the cave with a drawbridge, a gorlak wandered in, went through the whole fortress, and left via the surface. Okay then.

Opal 3

We now have 47 bedrooms for 17 dwarves.

Opal 7

We opened the second cavern. This time it was a draltha that got in. He's just hanging around in the hallways, not bothering anyone.

Opal 11

I've ordered everything to be smoothed.

Obsidian 6

We pierced the third cavern. Nothing got in before it was sealed.

Granite 3

Whoops, my term as overseer ended two days ago! I'll be passing the mantle on to Sanctume.

SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12848

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 06:20:49 pm »

I will assume this is 43.05 64 bit version.  Perfect time as taxes are done and only death is no longer certain in here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 06:34:41 pm »

I will assume this is 43.05 64 bit version.
yep
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6