Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Bloodyhalls, Fortress of Immortality: Weremoose Apocalypse  (Read 9467 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhalls, Fortress of Immortality
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 12:31:32 am »

I manage to bloody reach summer.  I must contemplate on my notes over night and post the update tomorrow with choice screen shots.  Bloodyhalls indeed!  I can't get my project progressing quite as I like.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 03:17:12 am »

Is that somehow possible to have the INTERACTION that makes those lovely body parts regenerate ?

I'd like to play around with this hability in a world of my own. Does that work in adventure mode ? :)
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 08:36:11 am »

Is that somehow possible to have the INTERACTION that makes those lovely body parts regenerate ?

I'd like to play around with this hability in a world of my own. Does that work in adventure mode ? :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is almost the regional resurrection interaction (I changed it to only resurrect CAN_LEARN creatures for Bloodyhalls) plus the one I made to be used by creatures.

Herodian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 08:50:06 am »

This premise really lends itself to so many fun projects. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
The world is grey, the mountains old,
The forge's fire is ashen-cold;
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls:
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-dûm.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 09:59:23 am »

Between the resurrection and the lack of metal, I can see "just keep throwing dwarves at it" being a viable strategy. As long as "it" isn't sentient.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 10:24:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is almost the regional resurrection interaction (I changed it to only resurrect CAN_LEARN creatures for Bloodyhalls) plus the one I made to be used by creatures.

I was laughing so much during my play of spring last night, and I can only hope to convey into words the humor I found.  Busy at work at the moment, but I will have time to wordsmith something when I get home.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 10:27:02 am »

YES !! Thanks =D

It would also be possible to resurrect even non-sentient creatures then ?
Interresting ! :D

Also, you could mod the game so everything resurrects but your dwarves !
Making even the littlest siege so much more deadly :P

That's terrifying !

I was laughing so much during my play of spring last night, and I can only hope to convey into words the humor I found.  Busy at work at the moment, but I will have time to wordsmith something when I get home.
Looking forward for that !!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2017, 12:36:23 pm »

I think the biggest challenge for this fort will be population. The Picks of Immortality are dead and I'm not sure we're going to get any more migrants. We only have one married couple. It's very hard to play matchmaker in 0.43, and it's even harder in a succession fort. Our dwarves will get whittled down by fire-based stupidity sooner or later.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2017, 01:04:53 pm »

Before we could seal the cave with a drawbridge, a gorlak wandered in, went through the whole fortress, and left via the surface. Okay then.

Lol, that happened to me once with a giant rat. I mean, seriously, the giant rat went through ALMOST EVERY SINGLE ROOM IN THE FORTRESS. It can't be that hard to spot a giant furry rodent.

EDIT: We should use cage traps -- that way we can collect goblinite without actually killing goblins. Also, we might use some !!SCIENCE!! to make a contraption that knocks trap avoiders unconscious on cage traps, allowing the trap avoiders to be caught and looted.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:11:52 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2017, 01:40:19 pm »

I think the biggest challenge for this fort will be population. The Picks of Immortality are dead and I'm not sure we're going to get any more migrants. We only have one married couple. It's very hard to play matchmaker in 0.43, and it's even harder in a succession fort. Our dwarves will get whittled down by fire-based stupidity sooner or later.

I now have gray hairs from the non-fire-based absurdity of that I have.  Only lunch time here, and this sounds like I'm hyping expectations on my first progress.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2017, 01:54:10 pm »

I tested the ressurection thing on a dwarf.

The dwarf ressurected properly. But I believe he is no longer part of the fortress. I can't assign him labors from vanilla DF's interface. He is basically some sort of mercenary (squad assignement should be ok, though I haven't tested). Burrows do work for him.

Captain ?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2017, 11:08:11 pm »

Chapter 1: Values Martial Prowess

3rd Granite, 251 Excerpts from the journals of Sanctume

Three days into this new season come with three days of pouring of rain.  The murky pools must be overflowing by now.  I am so cooped up down here, and the frequent thunder seems to roll inside my head.  I am making poor quality mechanisms in the shop stuffed inside a rough-hewn quartzite nook.

I would rather learn some martial skills than working on stones.  Perhaps I will get my hands on a mace.  But alas, there aren’t an abundance of weapons-grade ores here.  Maybe something can be used from galena, if we have someone volunteer to go deep below and use the forge.

I decided to toss the mechanism aside, and assert my needs to Leader Dobar.  My grand visions of glory seems to be absorbed well by Dobar who just passively nods to our entire conversation.

I say, “alright, I will look over everyone and start on my plan.  You seem to be comfortable with leather and clothing.  And you ok just lounging in your office?”  With a shrug, Domar proceeds to slaughter the remaining alpaca.

--

We have 3 picks and the miners: Miner Logem, Miner Atis, and Miner Ubid will also be part-time engravers.

Mason Rakust and Mason Aban will be the masons producing quartzite blocks to help clean up the place.

I, Sanctume, will be weaponsmith apprentice if we ever have a master smith come and teach us.  Wsmith Ingish, Wsmith Feb, and Wsmith Kogan will also be weaponsmith apprentices.  In the meantime, I will serve as architect, while the others help in constructions.

Our armorsmith apprentice will be Armor Ingiz, and will also serve as the current manager and record keeper.

Farmer Momuz will be our sole farmer, brewer and cook.

Mech Ablel will begin dabbling in mechanic.

Metal Kumil, our metalsmith will be out temporary the fisherdwarf.

Stone Astesh will be our stonecrafter and gemologist.

Ryukan remains our carpenter.

We make a decent work crew for the design I envision.  First we need a hole in the ground, and a north entry ramp.

Spoiler: Strike the surface. (click to show/hide)

We need a deeper hole.

Spoiler: Dig into clay loam. (click to show/hide)

Miner Atis reminds me that digging deeper will require ramps to get out of the hole.  I reluctantly agree to proceed finishing the north ramp first before continuing with the hole.  I also wanted feather wood ramps and floors for the spiral ramp entry.

--

The 1st of Slate comes with fresh workers loitering at the edge for a few hours until I pointed a nice patch of quartzite floors on the surface as meeting area.  I greet everyone, “Welcome all, how you like the weather?”

Twenty-three glum faces look at me, that includes choice personnels:
+the outpost liaison, Omol.
+an accomplished hunter, Hunter Asen.
+a high master woodcutters, Woodcut Cerol and Ral.
+our master, accomplished weaponsmith, Recruit Onul.
+a high master bowyer, and anvil loving Smith Kol.
+a high master paper maker, Recruit Urdim.
+a proficient book binder, Recruit Udib.
And the rest can learn engraving, or something.

Someone removed the ramp before constructing the featherwood ramps.  This delays the project because the north ramp is needed before the digging a deeper hole.

--

Wsmith Ingish Rockstrotted withdraws from society and claims a craftsdwarf workshop.  She grabs 2 galena stones and begins to make… something.  I was hoping someone smelt those in hopes of gaining some silver ores.  After five days, Wsmith Ingish creates, “Trappedcounsels”, a gelena mug worth ☼18k.  Cheers Ingish!  Sadly, we do not have a tavern yet.

--

Hunter Asen begins peppering the roaming draltha inside the fortress with iron bolts.  Iron!  I hope a few stray bolts can be retrieved and melted.  But Hunter Asen ran out of bolts, so he orders 10 stacks of bone bolts to be made.

--

12th Slate.  I am distracted by loud “squishing” sounds emanating from the caverns below.  A giant cave spider is spewing webs all over the two  friendly trolls.  The gcs is shaking the troll around by the head bruising tendons.  Both the friendly trolls are dead by the next day. 

Spoiler: And on the 3rd day… (click to show/hide)

The Flesh Ball has transformed into a troll!  It is a friendly troll.  But I am having a bad feeling about this place.

--

17th Slate.  The “noble’s level” of the pit is dug and smooth, but digging further will be delayed.  The constructions of the north ramp proceeds.  One undug wall will serve as a ramp to exit the pit, for now.

Spoiler: Noble’s Level (click to show/hide)

I envision this level serve the comfort of nobles and provide gems windows to view the activity in the arena below.  Did I not mention, I envision an arena?  Well, yes, how else will I practice my martial skills when the time comes?

--

21st Slate.  The rain has stopped for a moment.  The still silence is pierced by inhuman scream of sort.  Hmm, looking the the combat reports.  The gcs has ripped away the troll’s third toe, off the right foot.  A Flesh Ball has transformed into a 3rd friendly troll.  It is friendly, and that is good, right?  I really have a bad feeling about this.

--

24th Slate.  Excerpts from the memoirs of Miner Atis, Militia Commander.

Sanctume is exhausted and went off to a sleep in his quarters.

The weremoose Uhos Escuzicab has come from the southeast, and we are caught with little to defend ourselves

I am Miner Atis and step up to the position of Militia Commander.
I created a squad with no uniform and recruit the miners, woodcutters, and the hunter
The Outrage of Creations is formed: Logem, Cerol, Onul, Ral, Asen, Ryukan, Ubid, Goden, and me, Atis.

A second squad, The Fenced Meteors is captained by Capt Risen with Ubid, Feb, Sigun, Litast, Ingis, Metal Kumil, Imush, Minkot, and Lor.

A third squad, The Oily Marks is captained by Wsmith Ingish the make of the galena mug, with: Ushrir, Dobar, Cilob, Urdim, Momuz, Ablel, Kogan, Medtob, and Rakust. 

There are 9 remaining civilians including Sanctume who is asleep, and two children.

There is a large murky pool between our meeting floor and to Uhos.

Uhos dips in the murky pool as we wait, but it is engaged by a recruit (Litast). 

The battle begins in a frenzy of weaponless dwarfs, many complaining that there is no path to Uhos due to the deep murky pool.

Spoiler: The first death (click to show/hide)
, Leader Dobar, was violently shaken from the head until an artery opens which reddens the pool with blood.

Uhos has its lower right leg cut open, and suffer small bruises only.  Uhos remains unreachable to most soldiers who do not know how to swim. 

Cmdr Atis grimaces upon seeing Mason Aban bitten in the lower body which tears through the fat and muscles.  Bloody guts and shit further fouls the murky pool.

Metal Kumil is next to get receive Uhos’ onslaught: lower arm opening artery, collapsing right shoulder, severed right foot, bruised pancreas, and shaken from the lower body spilling more guts, and collapsing the lower spine.

“Oh shit!” muttered Cmdr Atis describing Metal Kumil’s corpse as “a large moose twisted into humanoid form…”

Armor Ingish is next to receive bites on the upper arm and lower body.

Miner Ubid is also bitten in the lower body, opening artery.

Weremoose Metal Kumil starts biting the civilian Fikod’s upper leg.  A dog helps and starts biting Kumil.

Uhol latches on Wsmith Feb, shaking head around until the spine collapses.

25th Slate.  It’s only been a day, and the deluge resumes to washes dirt and blood, but do not hide the tears for the fallen, nor the massacre being witnessed.

Uhol punches Woodcutter Cerol in the left foot, and bites the right leg.

Hunter Asen for some inane reason choose to beat up the Draltha who intermittently goes unconscious.  A stack of 50 alpaca bone bolts remain unused.

The dog distracts the “weremoose.” Yes, weremoose, the plural form.

Metal Kumil rises from dead and into a weremoose! 

Seizing this turn of event, Cmdr Atis orders everyone to station by the meeting area, away from the water.  The dog died.  But what is this? Metal Kumil begins attacking Uhos.

Despite the commander’s order, the eager Recruit Onul has no discipline and continues to fight the weremoose in the 7 deep water.  Get back to station!

The list of the dead is high and the fight is not over.  Metal Kumil is now the threat.

Ryukan Nosepick has assumed the position of expedition leader of The Fortress of Death.

Doctor Tun is now the chief medical doctor.  Sanctume awakens to this nightmare, and begins helping recovering the wounded, but only to be interrupted by the remaining weremoose.  Until… Metal Kumil has transformed into a dwarf! 

This bizarre day is not over unfortunately.

Leader Dobar who is no longer a leader has transformed into a dwarf! 
Ryukan jibes, “Like you were dead, but not anymore. I am the leader of this place now.”

But ex-leader Dobar could not respond because he is now drowning in 7 deep water until he died again.  Welcome to Bloodyhalls.

Spoiler: I am leader now. (click to show/hide)
Anyway, there are still some more wounded dwarfs by the murky pools, and Metal Kumil remains upset and keeps interrupting those who wishes to help, even though she is the target to give water to. 

Kumil’s thoughts: she did not feel anything after seeing Dobar die.  Her neck is torn open and oozing.

Apparently, civilian Fikod has a major beef against Metal Kumil still, and a brawl ensues while feeling vengeful.  Armor Ral joins the brawl, but is now using a silver battle axe against Metal Kumil.

Cmdr Atis helplessly watch and station the three squads away from the water and cover the escape of Uhos in case he rises back from the dead.

28th Slate.  Stone Astesh had enough and joins the fight and instantly kills Metal Kumil.

Uhos transforms into his human form.  Maybe he will drown in the murky pool. Noe one can reach him.  And Uhos is friendly!  Cmdr Atis feels let down and cancels the station order.

Excerpts from the journals of Sanctume
Sanctume asserts himself and orders the miners to dig out rooms underneath, and the masons to make rock hatches.  We are going to make quarantine rooms. 

Felsite.  Why aren’t the rooms dug?  Where are the hatches?  Apparently, the labors continue towards the north ramp, and arena viewing rooms.  We do not have a manager anymore, or rather the death of the expedition leader clears the noble assignments.

We have time to switch priorities. I hope.

9th Felsite.  Ahh, a bit of good news in this late spring.  Miner Ubid has given birth to a girl.  Our population rises to 40 with no one dead or missing.

--

21st Felsite.
Spoiler: Oh no! (click to show/hide)

The quarantine rooms aren’t done and the full moon rises and 8 dwarfs has transformed into weremoose: Leader Dobar, Tanner Litast, Armor Ingiz, Woodcut Cerol, Wsmith Feb, Civ. Fikod, Miner Ubid, and Mason Aban.

Most of the weremoose are on the surface with a couple in the central stairs. 

Cmdr Atis takes charge and activates up a civilian burrow in the dug arena viewing room.

Chaos erupts at all level. 
22nd Felsite  Excerpts from the tales of Miner Logem

We are ill prepared, but I, Miner Logem, assumes the position of expedition leader now.

The weremoose who are left starts fighting each other.  Some of us managed to hide in this door-less room.

We 14 citizens remain untouched for the moment.  We must resume the quarantine, or perhaps we will quarantine ourselves from “them.”

The thunderstorm boomed, and deluge of rain resumes.

24th Felsite  Excerpts from the memoires of Recruit Sigun

I, Recruit Sigun, am the expedition leader.

There are brawls all over, but no one is a berserking weremoose.  Perhaps they carry the hatred from dying, and rise to continue the violence.  Miner Logem charged the stairs in order to distract those seeking out meager defenseless shelter.

Perhaps we can continue to dig rooms and build the hatches to proceed with the quarantine.

Our population shows 32 alive and 10 dead.

But I know only 11 of us remain untainted by the curse.  We will split into two groups:

The Builders:
1. Miner Goden
2. Farmer Momuz
3. Mason Ushrir
4. Mason Olon
5. Smith Kol
6. Wsmith Ingish

The Defenders:
1. Capt Risen
2. Hunter Asen
3. Recruit Onul
4. Recruit Sigun
5. Recruit Urdim.

1st Hematite Summer arrives.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 03:21:53 am »

:o Never seen so many death messages in a while ! Welcome to the fortress of Death !

Fun occured quickly ! :P

There is no way to stop the were-curse from spreading xD

We need more migrants, maybe... There must be a way to stop the infection !
Vampire can't be were cursed right ?
We need a vampires VS were-moose (plural form) never ending fight arena ;)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 07:00:21 am »

And I'm the one inheriting this mess 😭😭😭
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 08:48:19 am »

This is pretty much exactly how I imagined this fort going. :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6