Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Bloodyhalls, Fortress of Immortality: Weremoose Apocalypse  (Read 9607 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhalls, Fortress of Immortality: Weremoose Apocalypse
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2017, 02:06:46 am »

Could you dorf me as one of the builders? A mason or a miner will do. Please.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2017, 10:14:38 am »

This is awesome. XD Looks like there's still a few bugs to make sure the dwarfs res. as proper citizens. :P I'll be able to play when May comes around because I'll be out of college for the summer. Seems like fun, although I really hope that LNP can get up to the right version with its stuff...
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2017, 02:46:33 pm »

Could you dorf me as one of the builders? A mason or a miner will do. Please.

I got you hooked in , Capt Imic, and used you for some of the excerpts since my Sanctume is one of the cursed ones already.

Progressed to Galena fullmoon.  Hoping to get a post tonight.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2017, 12:00:47 am »

Chapter 2: Weremoose Corral

1st Hematite, 251  Excerpts from the mumblings of Sigun Snakeorb

I, Sigun Snakeorb, the Savage Execution of Lashes, is now the expedition leader.  There are only the ten of us left untouched by the curse.  Capt Risen now commands The Outrage of Creations with me as Recruit Sigun, Hunter Asen, Recruit Onul, and Recruit Urdim.

The Fenced Meteors is captained by Miner Goden with Farmer Momuz, Mason Ushrir, Mason Olon, Wsmith Ingish.

The priority is to segregate “us” from “them”, because “they” are not akin to accepting labor at the moment.

My kills list are sadly from the citizens of this fortress: Unib Lakeslance the Turquoise Prince of Inking, Ingis Dikeshimmers, Aban Glazedoil, and twice for Fikod Sunnyrelic.

The North Ramp burrow is now deisignated for ”them”.  I hope they all go there peacefully. 

The Weremoose Corral burrow is set far to the south east on the surface.  These are for:
1.  wm Metal Kumil
2.  wm Dobar
3.  wm Litast
4.  wm Armor Ingiz
5.  wm Wood Cerol
6.  wm Wsmith Feb
7.  wm Udib
8.  wm Mech Ablel

Wsmith Ingish just finished killing wm Miner Ubid with a kick in the head.  There is still a brawl against wm Wsmith Feb.

2nd Hematite.  The fighting stopped abruptly after the dead transform back to dwarfs.

Three kobolds thieves: Plif, Kulu, and Krodo flee away from the sight of your predicament.  I don’t blame them.

9th Hematite. A human caravan from Behal Puc has arrived but we’re still busy trying to gain control making doors, hatches, and a bridge.

Someone opened the tavern The Unsweving Lime to the public because we have 3 guests: the human Bard Fikod, Speardwarf Urvad, and Swordsdwarf Vabok.  The tavern is now reserved for citizens only.

Brawls still happen when dwarfs rises up from death to continue with their vengeful thoughts.

13th Hematite.  Miasma is pouring out of the central stairs.  I am anticipating another carnage when the moon rises once again.  All the bedrooms are removed from designation.  Miner Goden starts digging a small hideout to the south.  I hope our squads can station away there before the carnage begins.

17th Hematite.  Miner Gogen finished digging a room the south Hideout, so I order the 10 of us to station.  Recruit Urdim is on a table in the hospital, having lost the ability to stand, and Wsmith Ingish is still in the hospital bed.  And I, Sigun, too have to lay down in the hospital bed from injuries in my hands and feet.

19th Hematite.  The full moon rises and many more transformed into weremoose.

Spoiler: Summer Moon Chaos (click to show/hide)

Four of the beasts stayed in the Weremoose Corral burrow.  Each of these weremoose are given the title prefix of “wm”.  They started fighting each other.   wm Metal Kumil kicks wm Litast in the head to begin the chaotic night. wm Ubid K start brawling with wm Wood Cerol.

In the North Ramp burrow, Mason Rakust remains a dwarf in the middle of weremoose transformations.  wm Lor bites Mason Rakust’s finger, tearing apart muscles.  wm Civ Udil bites Mason Rakust in the head, tearing apart muscle.

And in one corner, wm Broker Kogan bites wm Cilob to begin their private brawl.

Spoiler: the North Ramp (click to show/hide)

In the fortress proper, a guineacok pet is being mauled by the weremoose: wm Ryukan, wm Imush, wm Tun, and wm Armor Ral.

I, Sigun, Urdim, and Ingish are stuck in the unsecured hospital.

Capt Risen locked himself in a room.

Medtob is choking in miasma in the hallway, and Stone Astesh is in the bedrooms.  Both remain as dwarfs for now, but the use to be kid, wm Nomal is wandering in a nearby hallway.

Spoiler: The Halls (click to show/hide)

On the east hall workshops, wm Mother Ubid is having a fight with wm Baby Asmel. wm Aban is just beginning to go berserk.

Spoiler: Mother and Baby (click to show/hide)

Six manage to station in the Hideout burrow.

Spoiler: We Hideout (click to show/hide)

Screams and curdling cries continue to be heard echoing in the stone halls.

Spoiler: When the Moon is Full (click to show/hide)

21st Hematite.  The chaos spilled out on the surface towards the visitors of the outdoor tavern, and the human merchants.

Spoiler: Chaos Depot (click to show/hide)

When everyone is no longer berserk and transform back to dwarfs, we get out of the Hideout to investigate the aftermath.  There are equipment to be claimed from the fallen visitors and merchants.

25th Hematite.   Excerpts from the journals of Capt Imic

Nine of us arrive and are greeted by blood-curdling screams.

I just met Cmdr Risen and he immediately give me a promotion to captain my own squad,  The Oily Marks.  I shall lead my seven companions.  Cmdr Risen requested that my 8th companion, Hammer Etur, join to his squad because Etur is the most skilled as a novice hammerman.

My seven companions are Surgeon Degen, Wood Doren, Wood Kogan, Mason Meng, Smith Datan, Farmer Ustuth, and Farmer Edem.  I, began searching for an available pick to help dig the Hideout.

4th Malachite  The cursed Smith Kol, a High Master Bowyer has been possessed.
Ustuth O built a bowyer shop, and Kol was removed from out of North Ramp burrow.  Nine days later, Kol creates a jagged walnut wood crossbow.  Xbow Onul seized it for herself.

Malachite, 251.  Excerpts from the nightmare of Commander Risen
Spoiler: It was just a dream (click to show/hide)

13th Malachite.  Excerpts from the journals of Capt Imic

I, Capt Imic, am thankful for Cmdr Risen’s dream warning.  Risen gave up his room with a door and gave it to Goden.  We locked the hospital door before anyone else may not can enter and hope Sigen and Ingish will not die of thirst. 

We order for station sooner in the Hideout.  Unfortunately, Recruit Urdim deems it important to get a drink, and thus succumb when the full moon’s chaos arrive.

19th Malachite.  The berserk is over for now.  Eighteen of us remain.

We will move any weapons in the lower level of the hideout. 
Then we will move food and drinks, then expand room by room.  Go, go!

Cavern 2 will be opened and the Weremoose Corral burrow will be moved down there.

The North Ramp burrow, we will be cleared of any citizens and reserve for those newly tainted.

25th Malachite.  The news from the Weremoose Corral in cavern 2 is that magma has been discovered.  Indeed, there is a magma tube in cavern 2 that connects down to cavern 3.  Maybe the cursed ones can fall down there and not come back!

4th Galena.  A new month, and so we dig a new room for our tavern, The Garlic of Ringing, in the Hideout, and set exclusively for citizens only.  The tavern, The Unswerling Lime, has been removed.

11th Galena.  Excerpts from the journals of Cmdr Risen

The Hideout burrow is expanded for the future constructions and dig sites.  I called for a civilian alert to activate Hideout.  And I was immediately horrified as the cursed dwarfs all began coming over as if they still belong.  I cancelled the civilian alert for Hideout, and instead activated Weremoose Corral.  After watching everyone head down to cavern 2, I ordered the squads to station, and this somewhat separated us from them.

But there are some cursed who aren’t moving towards cavern 2.  What is worrying most was the full moon is almost here, and Capt Imic and his companions are overcome by exhaustion and slept outside the Hideout.

Spoiler: exhausted companions (click to show/hide)

Here’s a glimpse of The Weremoose Corral showing it’s chaos in cavern 2.

Spoiler: the Weremoose Corral (click to show/hide)

15th Galena.  The tricky part is how to shut close cavern 2 gate.  A plan.  Build door before Cavern 2 bridge to help secure when pulling bridge close.  Build a hatch path towards cavern 2 as alternate entry. 

And then dig a room designated as some meeting room, but with a trap-door floor to drop its occupants in cavern 2.

Spoiler: Cavern 2 Plan (click to show/hide)

Summer is almost over.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2017, 08:40:05 am »

Could I be dorfed as someone from the military? :D Also, see if cage traps work in capturing the ones still roaming. If they do, you can throw the cages into the second cavern.

Couldn't you have made a second fort, rather than expand off where they're known to roam?

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2017, 01:34:44 pm »

They can't be cage trapped because they show up in the Unit List as part of the fortress. 
But they cannot be assigned labors to do stuff, nor be assigned to a squad. 
The visitors are shown friendly after they transform back. 
And weremoose are trap avoid and destroy workshops. 

The Hideout burrow is a separate fortress with a hatch from above type of locking for now. 
I plan to build a wall on the surface to secure the farms from tree growing and leaving a hole on the ceiling. 

I do plan to use the current Hospital as part of the Hideout.  However, sometimes injured cursed dwarfs are brought over there to Rest then turn. 
The 2 patients Sigun and Ingish seemed to have been ignore while they were in bed or traction bed during the full moon even when one of the bed has a weremoose turning and remaining in bed. 

One big problem is body parts and teeth are scattered all over.  Sometime, they res back outside the cavern 2 Weremoose Corral burrow. So they die there during a full moon, res back elsewhere and turn weremoose again since it is still a full moon. 

It's just too dangerous for the uncurse because there is no time to train, nor we have metals to make armor, or even decent weapons.  We have galena ores some 50+z below the central stairs.

I am slowly making garbage chute with atom smasher.   It will be at least 5z deep, with natural smoothed walls in some levels, and magma-safe atom smasher at the bottom.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:37:21 pm by Sanctume »

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2017, 01:58:37 pm »

Loving it.

Kind of remind me of that korean movie : "last train to busan" :P
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2017, 05:45:43 pm »

They can't be cage trapped because they show up in the Unit List as part of the fortress. 
But they cannot be assigned labors to do stuff, nor be assigned to a squad. 
The visitors are shown friendly after they transform back. 
And weremoose are trap avoid and destroy workshops. 

The Hideout burrow is a separate fortress with a hatch from above type of locking for now. 
I plan to build a wall on the surface to secure the farms from tree growing and leaving a hole on the ceiling. 

I do plan to use the current Hospital as part of the Hideout.  However, sometimes injured cursed dwarfs are brought over there to Rest then turn. 
The 2 patients Sigun and Ingish seemed to have been ignore while they were in bed or traction bed during the full moon even when one of the bed has a weremoose turning and remaining in bed. 

One big problem is body parts and teeth are scattered all over.  Sometime, they res back outside the cavern 2 Weremoose Corral burrow. So they die there during a full moon, res back elsewhere and turn weremoose again since it is still a full moon. 

It's just too dangerous for the uncurse because there is no time to train, nor we have metals to make armor, or even decent weapons.  We have galena ores some 50+z below the central stairs.

I am slowly making garbage chute with atom smasher.   It will be at least 5z deep, with natural smoothed walls in some levels, and magma-safe atom smasher at the bottom.

Atom smasher you say? That's how to get rid of the body parts, and then the weremoose! >:D Chuck the body parts in, smash 'em, then put the weremoose in and smash 'em.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2017, 07:01:35 pm »

Can you use tweak/makeown to fix the troubles with giving orders?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2017, 10:24:16 pm »

Can you use tweak/makeown to fix the troubles with giving orders?

I never used it before. I'll google it and test.  But do we want 20+ weremoose training 24/7 in the caverns? hehe

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2017, 10:50:58 pm »

I never used it before. I'll google it and test.  But do we want 20+ weremoose training 24/7 in the caverns? hehe
You know the answer to that question. And it's not even cheating, it's just fixing something that's broken.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2017, 10:59:25 pm »

You know the answer to that question. And it's not even cheating, it's just fixing something that's broken.

When the maker of a succession game suggests something and says it's OK, it's ok. XD Plus, 20+ weremoose= amazing military.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2017, 11:16:38 pm »

It did not work.  I selected unit 'Sanctume' using the cursor k.
Typed "tweak makeown" in the dfhack console, result "ownership for 0 clothes fixed."
Still can't assign labor, and ineligible for military.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2017, 11:16:06 am »

well shit

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2017, 12:57:05 pm »

The scary part is that most of them are high master fighters.  They punch, fight, die, raise back up to repeat.  Meanwhile, our "real" military do not even have a barracks yet.

I'm on the 9th month, and I will need some more time, probably until up to this weekend. 
Reading my notes, it's "routine" shit of setting the burrow, and stationing the military, but with minor differences each pre-full-moon routine. 

The last season threw me off from 2 crashes.  So far in autumn, no crashes.  But I play until some project plans are set, then save. 

It's a bit tedious, but I manage to update everyone's profession title. Not nicknames for the un-named dorfs.  The profession title shows up in the combat reports.  The "wm" is kinda ugly, but it will do.

Also, adding here to remind myself that I did not keep notes on Ghosts.  I think I slabbed 5 so far, but I did not look to see if those failed to resurrect.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6