Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Bloodyhalls, Fortress of Immortality: Weremoose Apocalypse  (Read 9468 times)

Herodian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhalls, Fortress of Immortality
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2017, 09:25:10 am »

Oh god this is only going to get more and more unhinged as we go, with constantly resurrecting flesh piles dotted all over the place. Sieges are gonna be interesting.
The world is grey, the mountains old,
The forge's fire is ashen-cold;
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls:
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-dûm.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhalls, Fortress of Immortality
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2017, 10:42:24 am »

I think I have an idea, but it depends on several factors:
1. Do the infected fight each other while untransformed?
2. Do they listen to squad commands?
3. Can you order them to build things?
You might be able to stuff all the infected down a pit to keep them isolated.

EDIT: I opened up my save in Legends Viewer. Apparently there's a weremoose plague in this world. At the end of my turn there were 94 weremoose in existence. Every single one of them is "descended" from a single human who profaned the temple of Mete, goddess of consolation and twilight.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:54:33 am by TheFlame52 »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhalls, Fortress of Immortality: Weremoose Apocalypse
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2017, 12:19:14 pm »

I think I have an idea, but it depends on several factors:
1. Do the infected fight each other while untransformed?
2. Do they listen to squad commands?
3. Can you order them to build things?
You might be able to stuff all the infected down a pit to keep them isolated.

EDIT: I opened up my save in Legends Viewer. Apparently there's a weremoose plague in this world. At the end of my turn there were 94 weremoose in existence. Every single one of them is "descended" from a single human who profaned the temple of Mete, goddess of consolation and twilight.

Round 1, Uhol vs Us the uncursed = Lots of dead in the 7/7 water.

Round 2, Metal Kumil rises from the dead as were-moose because the moon is still full. However, the other dead before and after Kumil did not res.
Kumil attack some dwarfs, but kumil suck in military skill.  Recruit Onul stayed in he water fighting and dodging.  The 3 squads were able to station away from the pool. 

Round 3, Kumil reverts back to dwarf.  Everything looks ok, but Kumil seems to be upset, interrupting recover wounded, and even dwarfs who wants to give her water.  A civilian brawls with Kumil, another civilian joined, and the 4th civilian Stone Astesh had a enough and kills Kumil. 

End of rounds, everyone was peace and doing labors.  However, unknown to me was the death and Leader Dobar removed all the noble positions.  No manager to make the rock hatch orders.

Next Battle, another full moon.
Round 1, 8 dwarfs turns were-moose.  We were unprepared.  6 were on the surface, 1 in the farm area, 1 midway to forge in central stairs. 

Possible burrow would be the north ramp, but it's a one way in and one way out. 
Next burrow is no-door, no-hatch rooms connected to central pit, with stairs from noble rooms, down to the targetted arena level, around 4z in total.  This has a dig hallway to central stairs.  I made the burrow here, and 14 made it ok, until once of the were started moving towards it.  Miner Logem lead it away to the surface without micro-managing. 

Round 2, currently.  No more berzerk were-moose.  However, only 10 or 11 are citizens or controllable. 
The others are listed as Units, but cannot be given labors, nor be set to military. 
And in this round 2, some dwarfs are still brawling. 

All I know so far is Miner Goden is continuing to mine the rooms below the current bedrooms.  Each is a ramp + 1 tile for door + a 3x3 room. 

If I cannot set these infected into the military, the untainted 10 (or 11) dwarfs will be in 2 squads and find a seal-able room  until some control is established.

Options?
1. Open the caverns, maybe the infected will go out there and occupy themselves. 

2. Create a tavern, library, and temple for all visitors and let them deal with each other. 

3. Wait patiently for control, keep working on arena, then have a nice gem windows to view the fights. 

I might as well spoil my plans, as I it will be difficult. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2017, 02:01:06 pm »

I'm going to go with the cavern plan, as well as maybe making drawbridge drops in. They can fight forever down there and kill anything that might threaten us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2017, 02:48:21 pm »

Screw it, just let everyone get infected. Once a month you'll have to burrow everyone in a quarantine room while they transform, so they don't destroy everything. Otherwise, you have a godly military force once a month.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2017, 02:55:58 pm »

Screw it, just let everyone get infected. Once a month you'll have to burrow everyone in a quarantine room while they transform, so they don't destroy everything. Otherwise, you have a godly military force once a month.
But loyalty cascades mean they kill each other. Even when untransformed.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2017, 04:26:12 pm »

We only have 4 picks, 2 or 3 axes, and a crossbow with bone bolts.  We will have legendary wrestlers and biters though.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2017, 03:39:52 pm »

Crap. had a nice-ish result after Hematite fullmoon, but when migrants came, it crashed.  DF simply closed without even a df.exe error dialog.  The last announcement I saw was Flech Ball has transformed into human!

I'll see what I have last saved, and re-try again later.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2017, 05:12:54 pm »

Can I ask for a later turn... I really doubt my abilities to pull us out of this nosedive. I'll give it a shot but don't expect too much
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2017, 05:38:53 pm »

Crap. had a nice-ish result after Hematite fullmoon, but when migrants came, it crashed.  DF simply closed without even a df.exe error dialog.  The last announcement I saw was Flech Ball has transformed into human!

I'll see what I have last saved, and re-try again later.
I think the revival causes crashes sometimes but I don't know the exact circumstances.

Can I ask for a later turn... I really doubt my abilities to pull us out of this nosedive. I'll give it a shot but don't expect too much
I'll put you down as the last turn. You can go when you feel confident or there's nobody else.

Herodian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2017, 06:09:07 pm »

Well, Sanctume, I wish you luck in providing me with something liveable to rebuild!
The world is grey, the mountains old,
The forge's fire is ashen-cold;
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls:
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-dûm.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2017, 06:44:26 pm »

I still want the next turn, just voicing doubts over my competence in bringing forts BACK from the brink, I usually drive them TO it

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2017, 07:08:54 pm »

I'm sticking you after Herodian then.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2017, 07:13:44 pm »

I'm sticking you after Herodian then.

😂 thx

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2017, 09:15:27 pm »

Crap again.  Manage to pick up from Hematite to Malachite.  I saved on 13 Malachite.  Fullmoon happen.  Write lots of notes.  Waiting for the Berserks to be over.  Then crash on the 19th.

Of the 19 untainted, 4 died gloriously. Then this crash.  Knowing what I know now... I wonder if I can save those 4.  Here's to a replay (after dinner).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6