Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: [SG] A Choice: Transit: College, Superpowers, and Drawing  (Read 3247 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
[SG] A Choice: Transit: College, Superpowers, and Drawing
« on: April 18, 2017, 10:00:56 pm »

((Hello all. Since FBYOR 2 is close to finishing, I decided I could handle another game.))
~~~
Depending on what world this book arrives in, this story may be totally believable or utter hogwash. Hopefully, you'll believe it and not be horribly aggravated when I arrive all of a sudden.

But anyways.

My name is Leona Hobbs, or simply Leo. I was just an ordinary female college student that drew comics as a hobby, until the fateful morn that most in my world remember as simply the Morning. On that Morning, I awoke... and received something unlike most of the others who awoke on that morning, and unlike most of the exceptions as well. I was offered a choice of concepts, of powers. I choose Transit.

And my life was never the same.
~~~
[input1]: Write-in a somewhat realistic first name, last name, and optionally something in between and/or a nickname.

[input2]: Choose a piece of each of the selections.
Selection 1:
A: Male
B: Female
Selection 2:
A: high school student
B: college student
C: college dropout
D: middle-aged [write-in profession]
E: senior citizen
Selection 3:
A: writer
B: [write-in hobby]

[input3]: Choose one of the following: clue estimated difficulty
A: Truth spoken hard
B: Transit possibilities variable
C: Domain anomalous variable
D: Destruction controlled easy
E: Quest gifted variable
F: Query gifted hard
G: Shop gifted variable
H: Shield pocket easy
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:24:39 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] A Choice: ???
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 10:05:01 pm »

My name is Jimmy Gent. I was just an ordinary male, senior citizen, golfer, until the fateful morn that most in my world remember as simply the Morning. On that Morning, I awoke... and received something unlike most of the others who awoke on that morning, and unlike most of the exceptions as well. I was offered a choice of concepts, of powers. I choose Destruction.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 09:15:01 am »

Bump because I would prefer to have more than one vote, though I can work with NRDL's vote if I don't get any more.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 09:26:07 am »

Depending on what world this book arrives in, this story may be totally believable or utter hogwash. Hopefully, you'll believe it and not be horribly aggravated when I arrive all of a sudden.

But anyways.

My name is Leona Hobbs, or simply Leo. I was just an ordinary female college student that draws comics as a hobby, until the fateful morn that most in my world remember as simply the Morning. On that Morning, I awoke... and received something unlike most of the others who awoke on that morning, and unlike most of the exceptions as well. I was offered a choice of concepts, of powers. I choose Truth.

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 09:30:35 am »

My name is Mark Sheldrake. I was an ordinary male who dropped out of college. I was a standard IT guy (who has a strong sense of justice and harbors wishes to shape a new world), until the fateful morn that most in my world remember as simply the Morning. On that Morning, I awoke... and received something unlike most of the others who awoke on that morning, and unlike most of the exceptions as well. I was offered a choice of concepts, of powers. I choose Destruction.

And my life was never the same and I will ensure the world will never be either.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 01:17:05 pm »

But anyways.

My name is Leona Hobbs, or simply Leo. I was just an ordinary female college student that draws comics as a hobby, until the fateful morn that most in my world remember as simply the Morning. On that Morning, I awoke... and received something unlike most of the others who awoke on that morning, and unlike most of the exceptions as well. I was offered a choice of concepts, of powers. I choose Truth.

+1

This one's the coolest.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 01:21:13 pm »

Destruction is far too easy and common power. I would choose Shop.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DoopUltimate007

• Bay Watcher
  • The Spirit of Seven.
    • View Profile
    • My totally-feminist tumblr.
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 02:46:05 pm »

But anyways.

+1

This one's the coolest.
Mm. I'd plus one this template, but go for Transit as our power. That seems to be the 'freshest' option.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 03:06:59 pm »

My name is Jimmy Gent. I was just an ordinary male, senior citizen, golfer, until the fateful morn that most in my world remember as simply the Morning. On that Morning, I awoke... and received something unlike most of the others who awoke on that morning, and unlike most of the exceptions as well. I was offered a choice of concepts, of powers. I choose Destruction.

+1 but they were a retired Stone Mason
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 03:08:46 pm »

But anyways.

+1

This one's the coolest.
Mm. I'd plus one this template, but go for Transit as our power. That seems to be the 'freshest' option.
+1 All aboard the transit train!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 03:36:03 pm »

But anyways.

+1

This one's the coolest.
+1 All aboard the transit train!
Personally I'd go for Domain, since it's the most fitting for any kind of artist.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 03:41:21 pm »

Folks seem to like Leona Hobbs, so I'll put that in. I can't seem to detect consensus on what power to choose, though. Choose wisely.
Generic Arms Race.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 04:23:41 pm »

Changing vote to Transit.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 05:13:14 am »

Actually, I was torn between Truth and Transit and rolled some dice. Truth was the lucky winner.
I'm still okay with Transit, and I guess with that Transit has the most votes.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:01:44 am by Asgarus »

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 11:20:19 pm »

Transit
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: [1] 2 3 4