Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Star Wars rejections and the wrong person picking locks (glitch?)  (Read 2209 times)

gwynfshae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm not sure which version I'm playing because the folder is labelled Liberal-Crime-Squad-master, but my talk.cpp is only ever returning Star Wars quotes.
It was funny at first but having a conservative police officer in her 50s telling me that she is my father is a bit annoying after a while.
*shrug*
Is there any way to change this without messing with the code? I have no idea whatsoever how to modify these files without breaking everything. I just want more spice!

Also, for some reason, when I'm in the garment factory and I have some new naked recruits following me around, they attempt to pick the locks before my thief gets to them, causing the pick to fail and forcing the squad to kick down the door if we want in. How does the hierarchy of skills vs actions work, should I reorder my party or is there a better fix?

Anyway, love the game. So glad I found it last week, and extra glad that this version I have been playing (whatever the hell it is) has a source code I can poke around in.

Oh, if it helps, it's a version where I can travel between cities, and I don't have that glitch where my recruits fail to show up for meetings. Maybe it's the latest release? Not sure  :P

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars rejections and the wrong person picking locks (glitch?)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 08:43:13 pm »

Star Wars rejections are only if you play with Free Speech at C+. You must be playing on Nightmare Mode.

Not sure why naked recruits with no skills try to pick the lock.

Liberal-Crime-Squad-Master must be the Github version. Kudos to you for actually getting it to compile without pain and frustration, and mind sharing how you did it?

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: Star Wars rejections and the wrong person picking locks (glitch?)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 11:24:45 am »

I'm not sure which version I'm playing because the folder is labelled Liberal-Crime-Squad-master, but my talk.cpp is only ever returning Star Wars quotes.
It was funny at first but having a conservative police officer in her 50s telling me that she is my father is a bit annoying after a while.
*shrug*
Is there any way to change this without messing with the code? I have no idea whatsoever how to modify these files without breaking everything. I just want more spice!

My fork allows custom pickup lines without touching the code.
all in plain text,
art\talk\pickupLines.txt
https://github.com/King-Drake/Liberal-Crime-Squad

I kinda stopped updating it, but if I introduced those glitches, I have some idea how I would be able to fix it.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe