Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: False Illusion - Step Past the Mirror - IC  (Read 14409 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: False Illusion - Step Past the Mirror - IC
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2017, 04:56:32 am »

"There's a word we have in fairy land for this, Bryn, it's called a 'need-to-know basis'. Let's wait on what he tells us first and then see if it's worth telling him anything more."

Exercise caution and get information!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2017, 11:15:01 pm »

"There's a word we have in fairy land for this, Bryn, it's called a 'need-to-know basis'. Let's wait on what he tells us first and then see if it's worth telling him anything more."

Exercise caution and get information!

"If it's worth..." she mutters over the hissing and whirring of the machines, glancing back at the pair of dimwits ooh'ing and aww'ing over the pendulum. "I get it."

After watching the pendulum go 'round, Mr. Artificer and the ecstatic Seren go over past records.
"When I performed the procedure on Seren as a young child, she made a most peculiar pattern. It is from this pattern I predicted she would turn out to be a fine magician, if not one to be revered for centuries. I have the record in here somewhere," the artificer muttered, pawing through his drawers. "It must be--Ah! Here."

He pulls out a hand-drawn spirograph and compares it to the markings in the sand. He's right, the general pattern is the same... but at the same time there are some differences. Lines wavering, not completely drawn straight in the sand. Despite the variation, the number of spokes, the symmetry, and the general shape of the spirograph are identical.

"I've never seen this before," he corrects his glasses. "Lady Seren, did you notice anything off about the pendulum? It must have absorbed some kind of resonant pattern that alters its trajectory."
"Sorry, I was looking at the fairy!" she says, pointing at the butterfly wings inside the cage. The creature inside, its head covered in some long, straw-like white hair, turns to look slowly.

You can feel it coming off his face, the terror, his uncovered eye widening as Seren catches his eye... he darts between the bars of the cage and hides among the boxes in the back of the workshop.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2017, 03:32:50 am »

Approach the creature in the cage, make a request. If possible, make the request in a language only fairies can understand (a fairy dance? a secret dialect?).

"Hello. Identify yourself."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2017, 05:31:35 pm »

Approach the creature in the cage, make a request. If possible, make the request in a language only fairies can understand (a fairy dance? a secret dialect?).

"Hello. Identify yourself."

(Float out of the pocket, ask your human to bring you closer, or do you use Atom Clock to cross the room unnoticed?)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]