Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: False Illusion - Step Past the Mirror - IC  (Read 14418 times)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: False Illusion - Step Past the Mirror - IC
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2017, 09:24:09 am »

"Lets see now, how am I going to get through?" she pondered before a idea came to her.

Transform into spider and fit through the gate, then resume fairy form and check out the man who appears to be sprawled on the ground.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2017, 09:26:23 am »

"There we go. All that's needed now is some snacks."

Yuktuk snaps her fingers at the butler-man.

"You there! Fix up some refreshments, will you? Some squishy things with meat inside them, por favor!"

Take control of the situation!

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2017, 09:56:04 am »

(Sorry about that!)
"Why was I not expected? Am I... abnormal?" Bors  looks around, and attemtps to communicate with the bed. "Can you help me learn?"

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2017, 12:00:42 am »

That was a bit more of a ride than Hermia had bargained for. She shivers and picks at her now matted hair before managing a nod.

With a flutter her wings are dry. Mostly anyways.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2017, 03:18:58 am »

That was a bit more of a ride than Hermia had bargained for. She shivers and picks at her now matted hair before managing a nod.

With a flutter her wings are dry. Mostly anyways.

Your wings are cold--so cold. This world has its grip on you.

The human sits down under a tree and brushes clean an area of dirt, setting the knife down on top of the fish.
He then gets out another knife, and chops a set of branches. You expect him to start a fire the old-fashioned way, but then he does something different, after collecting a pile of twigs and wood on the ground. He gets out his sword, and stabs it into the earth.
"Lend me thy spirit," he says calmly. The sword glows brightly and fires a beam of light at the woodpile, setting it alight.

"I don't plan to eat it here," he says, roasting the fish over the fire. "But that fallen star might delay us, depending on what's inside."

Spoiler: WunderKatze (click to show/hide)

In the other conversation, it seems like there's another fairy! You hear her say, "You there! Fix up some refreshments, will you? Some squishy things with meat inside them, por favor!"
The man hears the call. "Sorry, her Highness calls!" he says to you, revealing where his true loyalty lies.

You find yourself without an audience.

The man did say something about his companion having sandstone sculptures. That thought hangs in your mind.

Spoiler: Sentient Bowtie (click to show/hide)

"There we go. All that's needed now is some snacks."

Yuktuk snaps her fingers at the butler-man.

"You there! Fix up some refreshments, will you? Some squishy things with meat inside them, por favor!"

Take control of the situation!

"What is this?" Butler-man asks, flummoxed about the pint-sized orders coming from a pint-sized flying... person... thing. He is quick to point out the difference in rank.
"You must have mistaken me--this young woman is princess Bryn Lockmoor, to whom we owe our respect and our servitude. But a hired servant I am not--I am a salesman at the bazaar, so if you would be so kind as to explain why I have to make meat dumplings..."

"Why don't you? This is a reunion!" said Seren.
Bryn looks up at the sky, expecting to find the sun and determine time of day, but finds none. There is no sun. "This is all just a sick illusion."

Spoiler: Harry Baldman (click to show/hide)

"Lets see now, how am I going to get through?" she pondered before a idea came to her.

Transform into spider and fit through the gate, then resume fairy form and check out the man who appears to be sprawled on the ground.

Ah yes, the gate must be there for a reason. Put there by fairies, clearly meant to keep fairies out. Fairies that can't transform into spiders, that is.
You don't actually need to, because both you and the object of interest are outside the gate, but it's good to have that power in any capacity.

The man sprawled on the ground seems weak. But he isn't dead--he breaths slowly, but regularly. You notice he is wearing a plaid robe, green and black, and a bag of coin at his waist. Well-off or not, depends on the society. But he does seem to need a doctor.
You hear shrill voices from inside the green house.

...laughing?

Spoiler: flazeo25 (click to show/hide)

(Sorry about that!)
"Why was I not expected? Am I... abnormal?" Bors  looks around, and attemtps to communicate with the bed. "Can you help me learn?"

"You are... well..."
"An Earthseeker! Like, a fairy that can go between worlds, right? That's what I always heard."
"He was probably born from that book, so you're right..." she refers to the giant book you're carrying.
"Yeah, just send him across. Have him make a mirror on their side, and we'll make one on our side."

Meanwhile you commune with the bed.
Heavy... it moans. So heavy... if you help me, I will help you, yes? Please get this... thing off of me...

Spoiler: Mardent23 (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2017, 12:01:25 pm »

((PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2017, 12:57:53 pm »

Hildegard thumbs her chin.

".....Who's Seren?"
Black lives matter.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2017, 01:24:44 pm »

"Well this mister certainly needs help, but I should wonder what the shrill noise is as well?, maybe the one responsible is inside." muttered Lilith as she was examining the injured man.

Use shape shift on the injured man to try turn him into a salamander or anything smaller to carry safely.

Sweat poured down from her face as she concentrated on using more than one of her powers at the time. "I hope this works out."

Then have Lilith use mixture of trance to heighten the specific thoughts of the shrill and then use mind reading to understand whats the shrill about.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:01:24 pm by flazeo25 »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2017, 04:25:25 pm »

Hildegard thumbs her chin.

".....Who's Seren?"

"The real Seren is my younger sibling, fifth daughter of the Lockmoor family," says the girl dressed in noble attire.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2017, 04:31:26 pm »

"Royal family? Is she a queen? Are you a queen...?!"
Black lives matter.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2017, 09:59:26 pm »

Hermia warms and continues to dry herself at the fire. "Did you make note of where it landed?", Hermia asks, desperately combing her hair as it drys in the heat. At this rate her long glossy hair is going to be a mess.

"Tell me," Her nose welcomes the tempting fumes of roasting fish but Hermia shows restraint, she remains focused. Relatively. "What do you do?" The bluntness of her own question to the man leaves Hermia flustered.

What will we find in that star? She asks the future.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2017, 10:03:30 pm »

"I'll see what I can do."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2017, 01:52:38 am »

Hermia warms and continues to dry herself at the fire. "Did you make note of where it landed?", Hermia asks, desperately combing her hair as it drys in the heat. At this rate her long glossy hair is going to be a mess.

"Tell me," Her nose welcomes the tempting fumes of roasting fish but Hermia shows restraint, she remains focused. Relatively. "What do you do?" The bluntness of her own question to the man leaves Hermia flustered.

What will we find in that star? She asks the future.

"It left a note," the man lifts a finger toward an expanding smoke pillar in the trees. It seems like it landed reasonably close to the stream.

"Aryn is my given name. I was the son of a baron," he answers. "Perhaps it isn't an apt description anymore.

I suppose it never was. The son of a baron means differently to different people."

You need not look at the sky, but rather the surface of the water, to receive your answer from the stars. Motes assemble in myriad shapes, in the shape of a man. But the proportions are off--the limbs are much too short--and there is a smaller figure at its shoulder, made up of lesser stars.

"The waters are stirring," quips Aryn.

Spoiler: WunderKatze (click to show/hide)

"Royal family? Is she a queen? Are you a queen...?!"

She shakes her head.
"Lineage matters little. The queen could be general, or she could be a courtesan. All that matters is rank,"
Seren smiles.
"Little Bryn doesn't have a rank," she says, stealing Bryn's hat. "Not anymore!"
Bryn choked.
"I never had a rank to begin with. But I am prepared to enter service!" she reveals her personal defense weapon: a hammer clipped to her waist, obscured by the jacket.
"But how will I earn a title if I cannot protect my younger sibling!" she shouts, staring intently into Seren's face. With a sigh, she collapses against the wall.

"How-ever could I explain this..."

Spoiler: Sentient Bowtie (click to show/hide)

:(

Spoiler: Harry Baldman (click to show/hide)

"Well this mister certainly needs help, but I should wonder what the shrill noise is as well?, maybe the one responsible is inside." muttered Lilith as she was examining the injured man.

Use shape shift on the injured man to try turn him into a salamander or anything smaller to carry safely.

Sweat poured down from her face as she concentrated on using more than one of her powers at the time. "I hope this works out."

Then have Lilith use mixture of trance to heighten the specific thoughts of the shrill and then use mind reading to understand whats the shrill about.

The man's skin turns orange, and soon exudes slime. But he is still a very large salamander. Perhaps the mucus will do it--you give him a push, using your feet to gain traction with the ground.
...somehow, it works. You're strong for your size. He slips out of his shoes in the process.

The great amphibian hardly notices you moving his slimy body across the pavement.

Using your instinctual powers on yourself is perhaps a more risky proposition. Surely you can play with a human's thoughts, but self-alteration seems like it could result in some kind of feedback.
All the more reason to try it!

...Your ability to read minds only applies to emotions. While the voices coming from inside give you a firm grasp over the emotions at hand, the kind of energy radiated by the laugh is purely emotional.
But you know there are many kinds of laughter... joy, ridicule, unease... With this case, it feels like the former.

Spoiler: flazeo25 (click to show/hide)

"I'll see what I can do."

"Splendid!"
"Now, er..." starts the doctor. "How shall we create a mirror on this side?"
"Well mister, how'd you get through in the first place?"
"Why, through a large puddle, of course. Large enough for many people."

Alis jumps in.
"I can make it rain on this side.

It's part of the power I was granted over this region."

New Objective (Villagers in Wonderland): Find a way to enter the human realm
(There is a mirror in one of the cabins in the village)

Spoiler: Mardent23 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:47:40 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2017, 05:30:30 am »

"So it's joy huh, well it doesn't seem malicious now, but I better keep watch since whoever injured the man could still be around." Lilith nods as she continues to push the giant salamander what was once the injured man.

She pondered where to go next while pushing "I'll guess I will roll this lizard to Chance house to get him to take a look."

Roll and push the salamander to Chance house, then fly in though the window to inform Chance of what happen.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2017, 06:03:17 am »

"What's a courtesan...?"

Then the woman fell against the wall. She seemed upset.

"Oh, don't be sad. You get to be a queen! That's amazing! I wish I could be a queen..."
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8