Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heroic Bloodline  (Read 710 times)

Greywalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Heroic Bloodline
« on: May 15, 2017, 08:18:47 pm »

This is an Adventure mode suggestion, allowing for parenthood and succession.

In adventure mode, one should be able to successfully romance an NPC, and reproduce as the dwarves do. Should this adventurer die, the player will have the option of starting a new adventure as the child of their previous adventurer, and carry on the lineage in Legends mode. Possibly also have retired adventurers able to reproduce, and have their children become player options as well, should they outlive their parent.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Heroic Bloodline
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 09:00:32 pm »

Cool idea, it would be neat to be able to influence their childhood...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 09:21:03 pm »

Yes. Just as it says in the dev notes.
So what's your idea on how to implement it?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 10:53:08 am »

What I would do:
• Give adventurers sexual orientations and players a modicum of control over it at character creation
• Add a "flirt" option during dialogs with eligible characters (compatibles orientations, same race and -10 years age difference)
• Doing this would play on social skills of the character, can suceed or fail
• If it succeeds it gives the character some points in a romance kind of relationship (similar to quareller, friendly etc.)
• Over a set ammount of point under condition of marriage possibility (both characters can marry each other), unlock marriage proposal, which can suceed or fail
• Baby making should happen by itself upon retirement I believe

Edit : Influencing the childhood of kids seems unprobable as ...well, kids just go around and play, theres not much to influence
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:54:44 am by Cathar »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 11:08:48 am »

-10 years of age difference Why?  What if I wanr my 25 year old dwarf to romance a 151 year old dwarf.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 01:04:43 pm »

Oh, because it's currently the requirement for marriage in automode and fortress mode. I don't know if it's the requirement for romance, but if we're talking about babies and legacy we're talking about marriage

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 01:44:11 pm »

Oh, because it's currently the requirement for marriage in automode and fortress mode. I don't know if it's the requirement for romance, but if we're talking about babies and legacy we're talking about marriage
Oh I dident know that.
Why? I wonder probably some dwarven taboo?
Because I imagine marriage ages and requirements would be different for most races.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 02:21:03 pm »

Lets also take into account that mythical heroes from the age of myth having children with possibly magical powers/such a illustrious ancestor and all the spoils will likely mean that the hero is the familial root descendant ages later, all their gear being shared & claimed by descendants, a entire armor kit could be spread out across the kingdoms. A cousin with a leg-grieve, a long lost sister with a amulet, a particularly zealous preist descendant with their head on a shrine.

"My great great great great grandfather's uncle was once a mighty warrior and slew the last dragon to menace these lands

And other gloats.