Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Long After Magic; An Unconventional Fantasy RPG [OOC/Signups] [3/5]  (Read 1112 times)

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Long After Magic; An Unconventional Fantasy RPG [OOC/Signups] [1/5]
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 11:12:35 pm »

Seems interesting enough.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still debating which two attributes I want to put points into (possibly medicine).

Also, do I have to put negative amounts next to the attributes affected by negative stats?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:51:30 am by Elvish Miner »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 11:39:27 pm »

((This probably looks good, but tell me in what world beside dark elves are their elves that actually have a negative to dexterity, it's kinda funny because elves are the archetypal dexterity race; Also if I have a racial penalty and a initial player decided bonus for a stat, do my attributes based on that initial player decided bonus still get a +1 to them?))
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:41:04 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 12:30:53 am »

((This probably looks good, but tell me in what world beside dark elves are their elves that actually have a negative to dexterity, it's kinda funny because elves are the archetypal dexterity race; Also if I have a racial penalty and a initial player decided bonus for a stat, do my attributes based on that initial player decided bonus still get a +1 to them?))
Looks good.
A world that subverts a lot of the typical fantasy elements you'd expect to see, a concept I'm sure you'll see more of as the game goes on.
If your stat is 0 or lower, it does not receive the free corresponding attribute bonus. You only receive a bonus to your attributes if the corresponding stat is 1 or higher.

Still debating which two attributes I want to put points into (possibly medicine).

Also, do I have to put negative amounts next to the attributes affected by negative stats?
No. Negative penalties are hidden; your attributes will behave as if you had a 0 in them, and it will simply take longer for you to upgrade them. You can list them as negative if you want, for simplicity's sake, but the number being negative won't affect the quality of your rolls any more than a 0 would.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:36:15 am by thatroleplayerGal »
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 06:45:47 am »

A world that subverts a lot of the typical fantasy elements you'd expect to see, a concept I'm sure you'll see more of as the game goes on.
If your stat is 0 or lower, it does not receive the free corresponding attribute bonus. You only receive a bonus to your attributes if the corresponding stat is 1 or higher.
I personally like the more nymph-like elves myself, which is why I was so interested in playing one.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 06:52:19 am »

There, I'm happy with my sheet.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:05:43 am by Elvish Miner »

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 02:37:52 pm »

There, I'm happy with my sheet.
Looks good!
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Long After Magic; An Unconventional Fantasy RPG [OOC/Signups] [3/5]
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2017, 03:44:03 am »

Moderately happy it's taking this long to get sign-ups. It's given me carpal tunnel, and also a lot of time to work on flavor text for the plot of various quest lines.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Long After Magic; An Unconventional Fantasy RPG [OOC/Signups] [3/5]
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2017, 08:25:48 pm »

Hey hey. Signups are still open y'know guys.

Pages: 1 [2]