Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: You are a Fantasy Wizard!  (Read 5649 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Fantasy Wizard!
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2017, 07:26:24 pm »

You confirm your adherence to the general's plan before splitting ways. Another soldier comes - likely ordered by the general - to show you to your new spot in the ranks. The humans nearby are a bit puzzled by the presence of a Dwarven wizard, but they continue their marching nonetheless. Your stubby determined legs eventually begin to tire, but soon the men come within view of the city.
The gate opens as expected and the first wave charges through it nearly immediately. The wave housing you follows them closely and within what feels like minutes you're inside the city walls. No opportunities present themselves to you, but at least you aren't the recipient of any arrows shot from the scattered garrison. Staying away from the fighting, you find a spot to slip out of the legions and leave the humans behind.

The sounds of fighting grow distant as you wander through the city. You've never actually been here before, but its presence isn't unknown. Its name doesn't come to you immediately, but eventually you recall it - Karthia. It's not uncommon for Dwarven caravans leaving Silverhall to have Karthia as an early stop in their journey.
It's not a huge city. The keep juts out of the center of the city in a very obvious fashion, but the routes to it will undoubtedly be under heavy guard. The occasional city-dweller runs across the streets, but it seems most of them are hiding in their houses or in the sections of the city closer to the keep. You vaguely recall the position of the city's Wizards' Guild based on the occasional story told by your father. It could perhaps be reached by foot without running into any soldiers. Plenty of establishments which could be scoured for potentially valuable items litter the city. You're sure there are plenty of other places of note, but none you can specifically recall at the moment.
The fighting is contained to very specific portions of the city, currently. From the smoke and distant sounds it'd seem like they're attempting to make a beeline for the keep. You have no idea how well it's going for either side, too.

With the populace hiding and the city's garrison moving towards the fighting, you have a large amount of freedom to do as you wish. Whether that's helping the noble's army or something completely different is entirely up to you.

Cazot Bobokundin
Mana: 9/11. (A general measure of endurance that is restored primarily with rest and "used" by magical exertion.)
School Proficiencies (Your talent at magic of the various schools and types in existence.)
- Pyromancy: 1 (The art of manipulating fire.)
Spells & Abilities
General
- Manipulation [0m] (The use of magic to manipulate your surroundings via levitation and minor transfers of energy. Generally takes no mana to perform unless extreme feats are undertaken.)
Pyromancy
- Flame Tongue [3m] (For 5 seconds, extend a flaming tongue up to 3 inches from your hand and manipulate it to a limited extent.)
- Basic Sense Inner Flame [5m] (For five minutes, attune yourself to your surroundings and sense the inner fires of those in your proximity.)
- Absorb Inner Flame [1/1 uses] (Absorb the inner flame of another being. If they cannot resist, they will be made a flameless without emotionless and you will gain mana depending on the person. Can only be used once between meditation sessions.)
- Flame Absorption [0m] (You can "absorb" nearby flames for varying amounts of mana depending on the size, heat, and intensity of the flames.)
Inventory
- Robes

Assets
- Noble Family Home in Silverhall
- Lower Family Home in Silverhall

- 1 Death-sentence Convict
- 1 Flameless Death-sentence Convict
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2017, 07:29:14 pm »

Head for the Wizard's Guild. We could loot valuable magical artifacts.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2017, 11:58:22 pm »

Aid the army of your "ally" in the many skirmishes they will meet.
Edit: Also I believe we should somehow study the nature of fire more closely, to become a true master of fire. Yet, we should never keep the possibility out of sight that we could learn to understand all of the elements to become a true master of the universe. I think in the short future, we should learn how to use firemagic to smith better so we can make a dime off of smithery and such. With the discovery that flame magic is corrisponding to the souls of people we have a hint how the classical elements might interact with other aspects of the soul.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 07:41:48 pm by Detoxicated »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]