Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 19610 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 03:04:02 pm »

"Oh, powerful psychics could probably do it too, yeah." Sera said in regards to the teleporting thing. She raised an eyebrow at the mention of 'XCOM' and at the woman's claim aliens didn't exist (which they did). And then the other man's claim half the planet was useless... "I can't be the only one noticing that there seems to be a bit of conflicting information. This is confusing..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 03:04:24 pm »

Florida froze and stared at Ryuko as if she had a third eye growing out of her forehead. Aliens don't-- how could she think that? There wasn't a rock big enough to live under that could have shielded anyone from the war. It didn't make the slightest bit of sense. Unless...
"Are... you one of those people that thinks the war was some sort of governmental conspiracy? 'cause I fought in it, I can tell you that it isn't one. The aliens really did exist, it isn't even a matter of evidence. Maybe you live out far in the boonies or something, but it'd be easier to name the major cities which DIDN'T see any alien activity. People saw them. People got killed by them. How does this conspiracy theory keep going?"

Then the older man spoke again.
"What the hell? What do you mean why would the aliens want to invade us...? And what do you mean that Iraq - no, half the world was destroyed? What the fuck is going on??"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 03:07:22 pm »

So....aliens and a nuclear holocaust. We can't get drugged. Can't even get drunk, for God's sake, which is a shame. So.....that means everyone else here is drugged. Somehow. Too many possibilities, not enough time, too much risk. Can't I kill them all already?
Tatsuki, you promised. No killing not in self-defense. Please, just....can you shut up for a moment? I'm trying to figure out what's going on here.
Ryuko looks around, staring at them all like they're insane. She steps back, reaching into her hoodie pocket for her taser, one of the few things she owned of comfort.
"I-I mean....Japan was ravaged, b-but.....I was there, it wasn't aliens! And the world wasn't....destroyed....."
She takes in some more deep breaths. She shakes her head.
"That can't be right, no. No...."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 03:12:22 pm »

Nobunaga holds up one hand in a placating gesture. "Just hold on for a second." He nods toward the hoodie-clad - wait, was that cybernetic enhancements he was picking up? - girl. "Like she said, we've got conflicting information here. Let me ask a question: do you know what a phenomenon intervention is?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 03:14:02 pm »

Florida let himself relax a bit as Nobunaga held out a hand, but a fairly deep frown still hung upon his face. "...never heard of it, no. Is it something psychic...?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 03:16:22 pm »

Sera took a breath as she adjusted her glasses. "So how about we calm down? We've got a few conflicting stories and more than one of them are mutually exclusive. I like to think most of us aren't so sheltered as to miss an alien invasion, the ravaging of Japan, or half the world getting nuked. I'm guessing none of you know what I'm talking about when I say Mysterious Being, Heroic Union, or Turning Point? Those are all proper nouns by the way."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 03:18:10 pm »

"Psychic? You mean....telepathy? Like.....like what they do in magic shows?"
Ryuko looks less panicked as she shakes her head at Sera and Nobunaga.
Oh boy. I've figured out now.
What? What've you figured out?
You take a guess. I'm in your head, after all, you should know.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 03:20:16 pm »

"Magic, in it's purest sense - that is to say, it's a power that comes straight from the Boundary. It's the important part of what makes an Observer an Observer. In essence, it's a way to overwrite one reality with another. I suppose it's worth asking, do you know anything about multiverse theory?" He turns to the cyborg girl. "No, but I believe I have an explanation for that."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 03:21:49 pm »

Florida's frown grew less offended and more perplexed now. "No, no, and no. Hmm. You all haven't ever heard of a worldwide war against a bunch of aliens and alien-worshippers called EXALT, then? Plasma guns? Little grey aliens with big heads and glowing chests? Big scary bug aliens who turn people into zombies? Alien psychic (which, uh, I guess I could describe as mind control and telekinesis) technology?"
Florida looked at Nobunaga and just listened attentively.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 03:22:43 pm »

"...y-yes, actually. It's.....a theory where.....each possibility spawns a universe of its own, right? And.....you're saying that.....it's true? We're all from these different possibilities."
And the last horse crosses the finish line. Well done.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 03:25:35 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 03:23:11 pm »

Sera nods. "I take it we're coming to the same conclusion. Multiverse theory it is, then." That would certainly explain most of the conflicting information. It'd be interesting to see where things diverge for each universe, assuming most come from some variant of Earth.
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 03:25:23 pm »

"As far as I can tell, yes. At least, each of those worlds exists as a possibility. A Phenomenon Intervention takes part of reality, and overwrites it with one of these possibilities. If I had to guess, there was some sort of massive-scale phenomenon intervention here; why, I don't know, but it pulled all of us - as different possibilities - into this one reality."
GM of Trespassers V2.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 03:29:13 pm »

Off to the side on the dais, there was another stranger laying on the ground. His clothes were relatively modern, with sneakers, jeans, and some cute mascot-yimage of a yellow fox on his shirt. The object he held with both his hands hands, though, was decently strange; a large ring of some unknown silvery-gold material, embedded with a few gems here or there. and a tad bit of engraving. There was also his purplish-blue hair, which seemed oddly natural rather than being dyed that way.

He had yet to wake up, unlike most of the others, and the only sign that he was beginning to wake up was him beginning to snore. It wasn't too loud, though it was still annoying.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 03:33:27 pm »

"Not quite."
A blue-haired lady in a long, billowy dress, a red gem inset in the middle of the chest, has appeared from the stairs, a silver tiara with a similar red gem on her forehead. Her azure ponytails are carefully groomed, blowing in the faint wind. The expression on her face is rather calm and unperturbed by the ragtag bunch of misfits before her.
"Yes, it is true that you are all from other worlds, but.....it is not quite as you say. This is a world in itself, independent of other worlds, and you have all been pulled into it for a single purpose."

Oh boy. Now we've got a fairy queen wannabe too.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 03:36:53 pm »

Bianca, the woman wearing the black cloak in the group, had been in the process of infiltrating a large manor at the time of the teleportation incident. She had been mentally prepared for some setbacks in her mission, but not for something of this scale. Her hand reaches for one of her concealed daggers as she quickly assessed the situation. Strange people using dialect she wasn't familiar with combined with verbs that she did know. She wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but she did note that she was probably outnumbered by at least ten to one in an open area.

Bianca did the first thing that came to mind. She turned around and started to run.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41