Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 19605 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2017, 03:37:56 pm »

Florida shrugged, and then smiled just a little. "I'd have said that sounds a little outlandish, but it's a better explanation than anything I can some up with, and if I hadn't fought off an alien psychic invasion myself, I'd have said that sounded outlandish too. So, what... we're all from, like, different dimensions? Should we go around introducing and explaining our worlds, then, you think? Oh, uh, and should we wake up that kid?"

It's then that a blue haired woman appeared, walking down the stairs, and Florida turned to look at her with an expression of surprise.
"...that make you the one that brought us here?"

He spared a glance for the running woman and not much else, considering how much more he had to worry about at the moment.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2017, 03:40:39 pm »

The calm lady turns to the escaping assassin.
"Please, don't run. You won't find anywhere except the village for miles. You're nowhere near home, and you're not likely to find any help without us in an unfamiliar land unknown to you. If you ran, you would have little to turn to."
She then turns towards Florida, shaking her head in the negative.
"No, actually. I am a Champion, like yourselves. I was pulled from my world a few days ago, personally. My name is Ophelia. It is a pleasure to meet you all."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2017, 03:42:34 pm »

Sera shrugs. "I would prefer to wait until we know why we're here, to be honest. Put the main confusion to rest before starting that."

"Oh, good. You're much more punctual than the explain-er last time something like this happened to me." Sera says, before finishing her coffee. She gently bumps the sleeping boy with her foot - he's gonna need to hear this.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2017, 03:42:43 pm »

Florida finally slung his rifle up against his back.
"Well, it sounds like you know more about what's going on than we do anyway, right? Where are we, and why did we end up here? What purpose, I mean?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2017, 03:49:26 pm »

Nobunaga merely tilts his head in the soldier's direction, indicating that he had the same question.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2017, 03:51:29 pm »

Ophelia breathes in deeply.
"I know not much more than you, but I will endeavour to assist you. From what myself and my other companion have managed to glean, we have been summoned here by a being calling herself Harmony. She claims to be the embodiment of Order. From what I know, you have all been summoned as Champions, in order to fight for Harmony. She has yet to tell myself or my companion anything; he should be here shortly, and Harmony promised to speak with us when the rest of her Champions arrived. To settle matters, so to speak."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2017, 03:52:43 pm »

Bianca slowed down, then turned around and stopped. The thought of being alone didn't bother her much, but several miles worth of travel in a totally unknown land was another story; though she was still highly skeptical of the whole situation. She hastily checked her pockets and determined that she at least still had all of her weapons, and ensured that all of the strangers were within her field of vision. She spoke not a word, concerned that this might be some kind of trick employed by her enemies.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2017, 04:30:48 pm »

"I see. So it's a phenomenon intervention." He turns back to face the rest of the group, after having turned toward Ophelia. "It occurs to me that I've been terribly rude; my name is Sasaki Nobunaga."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:40:42 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2017, 04:53:08 pm »

Kumo sat through this entire exchange, trying to find a way to reverse whatever just happened.  She had been living it up luxuriously, and now she had to sit here and wait for some Harmony goddess thing to tell her what to do?

Ah, Icarus.

She stood up, her face in a scowl, and looked towards Nobunaga. "A pleasure, really." Her voice is dripping with sarcasm.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2017, 05:15:01 pm »

"Certainly, I can tell that my time here is going to be nothing but exceedingly pleasant." Honestly, it's not like he caused this. . .
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2017, 05:40:56 pm »

"I-I'm....Ryuko. Nice to meet you all, I-I guess...."
Ryuko backs away from Kumo.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2017, 06:24:34 pm »

"Fucking hell, I have a headache and it's not because of the magical shit this time." Stretching a little, the darkly-clothed, young-looking man shakes his head, hair flopping comically about. He turns to Ophelia, still stretching and working the kinks out. His remaining eye and hands begin to glow purple suddenly, before the light fades away just as quickly. Judging by his pallor, he must not get out often.

"So we're gonna be introducing ourselves now? Before that..." He looks sourly at the surrounding temple-like structure. "We've been summoned to fight for this Harmony person, then? Like a demonic contract or somethin'?"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2017, 06:28:58 pm »

"As far as I can tell.....yes."
Her voice skips ever so slightly, but nothing else in her expression or her speech betrays her.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2017, 06:35:24 pm »

"Sounds pretty shitty to me." He folds his arms behind his back, looking at the countryside with a strange expression. "Names' Angelo. Angelo Abate."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Gary_S_Modd

• Bay Watcher
  • chaos...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2017, 07:57:46 pm »

Ntchito's droid leg's electronic whine and mechanical clicking is heard along with the sound of wood clacking against the marble floor as he stands. He looks around, unfamiliar surroundings and unfamiliar beings. "Well well well, what is this place?" he looks down at the marble platform. "hmm... wonder who she is?"
Ntchito just stood there for a second, thinking. Wait... how did I get here? what in the name of the wills?! ugh... I thought I was the only one who knew how to move objects objects like that using the force... Ntchito was now tapping the large metal bone-colored claws on his droid leg as he thought, similar to how someone would do with their fingers on a desk. Suddenly, he noticed the beings around him and how different they all appeared to be, and a smirk spread across his face, making his single fang more visible. "Oh! Fantastic! All of you are so different! I could not have made a more disorganized group if I tried!... I should probably introduce myself! I am Mphamvu Zosagwiritsika Ntchito, but you can call me Ntchito."
~Gary S. Modd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41