Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 19624 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #600 on: December 29, 2017, 10:11:36 pm »

Sera got up a little later than most of the others, tired from the previous day - she might have had a significant amount of robotic parts, but she also had human ones and those could still get tired. She stumbled across a pair of the others as she came to the dining room. "Good morning." she said with a wave. She was in the civilian outfit again, although it had a couple grass stains after she'd discarded it to fight the previous day.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #601 on: December 30, 2017, 04:01:23 pm »

"Good morning, Sera. If you're looking for coffee, I'm afraid you won't find it; I've been thinking of brewing some morning tea as a substitute, though." He blinked a few times, trying to clear his head. There was something he had wanted to ask the woman. . . Right, the cybernetic augments. Among other things, anyway; they'd never quite been able to finish their conversation about the differences between their worlds. "I believe last we spoke, I asked you about your world, and you never had a chance to answer properly. You had mentioned something about a surplus of superpowered individuals running about."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 30, 2017, 04:06:52 pm »

A very drowsy-looking Ophelia stumbles in, looking rather undignified as compared to her composed attitude. She is clutching a small clay jar.
"I don't believe they call it coffee here, but I.....believe I've found some."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 30, 2017, 05:19:37 pm »

Sera nods to Ophelia. "That'll be appreciated - I'll make some for myself in a bit." she turns back to Nobunaga. "Yeah, that's right. A while back, something happened. Nobody's really sure what happened - just all of a sudden, people started getting superpowers. The government tried to keep it under wraps, but that only lasted a year or two before they figured out there were just too many. I was a kid then, I don't remember it particularly well. So nowadays the main thing supers have to do is get registered. Of course, not everyone likes that, and there's plenty of people who do bad things with their powers, but that's what the Union's for. Of course, not all powers are natural," She knocks on the back of her leg for emphasis. "Although I suspect the sudden increase in mad scientists and tech-geniuses a couple decades back might have been related to the event, too."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #604 on: December 30, 2017, 08:04:27 pm »

"Oh, thank the heavens. I'll have to retrieve some water in a moment and brew it up shortly." His expression visibly lifted at the prospect of coffee. "In my timeline, most of the phenomena that you'd describe as outside normal happenings seem to have begun after the discovery of the Boundary. So much history was lost with the appearance of the Black Beast, though, that it's hard to say how prevalent it was before that point. There are more than Drives in my world for that sort of thing; the beastkin of all varieties, for one, and the Observers - though I'm not sure you want or need an exhaustive list." He stopped, for a moment, considering his next statement.

"Pardon me if I'm being overly forward, but would you mind if I took a look at your augments at some point? I wouldn't call myself a tech genius, but I've  a fair amount of engineering experience, and I think I could make improvements to them based on some designs I've seen and worked on previously."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 30, 2017, 08:59:45 pm »

She blinked. "I've only got enough of an idea of how they work to do some maintenance anyway, so a more tech savvy person taking a look couldn't hurt. I should probably warn you they're... extensive." she frowned for a moment, before nodding. "There are parts I'd rather you not mess with. But as long as you keep away from those it should be fine."
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #606 on: December 30, 2017, 10:41:24 pm »

"I can tell exactly how extensive they are, you know, and I'd already planned on leaving the more sensitive parts alone. I wouldn't want to be fiddling with those, anyway; my expertise doesn't extend to the medical side of things nearly as far as I would like, and it would be foolish of me to try and make improvements to something of that nature. No, I simply think I could help improve the combat-capable portions; the designs are quite robust, but there are a few optimizations that could be made. But I'm rambling now. I think I'll go fetch that water now; anyone care to chat with me while I do so? It should stop me from dozing off on the way, heh."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 31, 2017, 04:36:25 pm »

Sera shrugged, and gestured for him to start. "Anyone with superpowers in your world? Or is it mostly technology based?"
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #608 on: January 01, 2018, 12:45:47 pm »

Nobunaga stood up, and started heading toward the kitchen. It occurred to him that this place likely didn't have plumbing as he spoke, but he would cross that bridge when he came to it. "The former, certainly. Certain individuals - such as myself - possess Drives, which are a unique power connected to the Boundary that is specific to the individual. There are also entities such as Hakumen who are far more powerful than any baseline human, or beings such as vampires and therianthropes who seem to exist outside of reason entirely. Much of the technology runs off of the Magic Element, or seithr; it's quite abundant and we don't have easy access to some of the fuel sources of the past."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]