Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 19606 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #480 on: October 21, 2017, 06:16:41 am »

Ophelia rolls up her sleeves and produces a small glass jar full of greenish ointment, which she carefully unscrews the lid off of and gently slathers over his wounds. True to Ophelia's words, it stings quite a bit. She keeps her eyes on his wound as she continues talking.
"I will need more records from this world's history to confirm my suspicions, but it seems to be a long-range magical device, designed to provide clairvoyance over a desired area, and then with application of energy, bombard the area with burst of magic. The weapon is broken; it wouldn't work without someone fixing it, but Discord most likely knows how to repair it.

Though what Discord would need with such a weapon is beyond me; he does not know the location of our base, so he can't bombard that, and bombarding a field of battle would risk catching his own people in it. As soon as I can access records about this, I can tell you more; Harmony has promised us to locate an old library that may assist us.

Is there anything else you would like me to take care of? You seem troubled."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #481 on: October 21, 2017, 07:12:13 pm »

Nobunaga shook his head slightly. "No. At least, not anything an ointment or healing magic would handle, and not something for you to be concerned about either way. Other than this business with Ryuko, to which the former applies at least." Was his thought process that visible? He would have to work on schooling his expressions more. . . though he supposed it didn't help much when the person he was speaking with was a telepath.

Changing the subject, he continued. "I believe that, given enough time, I could possibly determine the device's purpose. Or repair it, though I doubt you would actually desire such a thing."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 22, 2017, 02:51:20 am »

"No, you are just easy to understand. Oh, my apologies. That was.....rude. An unfortunate habit of mine. I'm sorry.

In any case, if you would like me to conduct a scan on Miss Inui's mind, I could. Unless you would like to discuss this with her directly. For my part, on my sweep of you all prior to your battle, I did not detect the entity called Tatsuki Ogami.

As for the weapon...repairing it would be useless to us and would make it even more valuable, should it fall into enemy hands. In any case, I am not quite sure even a man of your experience would be able to repair it without knowing the processes by which it was created."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 03:00:44 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 22, 2017, 03:11:02 am »

Kumo shrugs her shoulders, walking inside.

"Oh, yea, I guess."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #484 on: October 22, 2017, 03:13:10 am »

"A shame. Truly, I strive to be an enigma," he said dryly, playing off his discomfort at having his mind peered in upon. Like the ancient legends of the satori, repeating one's thoughts to them. . . but is this the kind that peacefully coexists, or the kind that kills and eats? The former, it would seem, but the most pleasant of surfaces can disguise the most rotten of cores. . . though I have tried to push out what rot I could.

"That wouldn't be necessary, though; miss Inui's thoughts, however wayward and incorrect, are her own. I simply have a hard time trusting someone at my back after they refused to warn me of something of such potential danger. And as for your assessment. . . you are probably correct. The design is utterly incomprehensible to me; I doubt I could manage a projection of the damaged thing, much less try to fill in the blanks on the real one."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 22, 2017, 03:17:05 am »

The briefest flicker of guilt (and was that fear?) flashes across Ophelia's face before she continues, her expression returning to calm placidity.
"I see. I will leave it to you and Miss Inui, then. I would advise you to be softer with her, however; I do not need to read her mind to know she is troubled by something.

As for this weapon, it seems we will need those records. Harmony has promised us access to them, which she will discuss with us in the coming days. Is there anything else you require of me?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 22, 2017, 03:19:34 am »

Kenta follows, pulling out his pipe momentarily before deciding it would be bad manners to smoke without the host's permission. He tucks it away as he speaks.
"So where are you from? The clothes look vaguely Japanese but uh... only vaguely. Not that it's that odd with this group..."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #487 on: October 22, 2017, 03:22:28 am »

"Not that I know of. Unless you can point me in the direction of the tea leaves." He falls silent for a moment without moving for a moment, debating with himself over whether he should respond to the emotion he watched move across her face. "I may not be gifted with telepathy, or with a degree in therapy, but if there is something that concerns you, I will do my best to address it."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 22, 2017, 03:24:30 am »

"It......is none of your concern. Hopefully. If your concern is whether or not it will affect my performance or my ability to aid you, it will not. As for the tea leaves, I believe Lord Mircea acquired some. I placed them in the pantry."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 22, 2017, 03:28:59 am »

Ryuko nods slowly.
"She's.....w-what you kinda expect....someone called Harmony to be. All....holy...and motherly and.....golden."
"Ah. Hm..."
Levis considers for a second.
"And what do you think of her, then?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #490 on: October 22, 2017, 03:29:33 am »

"Quite frankly, my concern was that I was in conversation with someone, and appear to have inadvertently caused them some degree of distress. Something I've tried to avoid doing without cause. If there is something I have done, please tell me. Heaven knows I haven't fixed nearly enough of my mistakes."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 22, 2017, 03:30:31 am »

".....like something isn't....right. She's too....nice. Nobody has ever been that nice, though some have come close."
The unsaid "to me" is left hanging in the air.

Ophelia shakes her head.
"My.....slip has nothing to do with you. At least......it is not something you can fix."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 22, 2017, 03:45:14 am »

"Well, if she calls herself Harmony, it's to be expected, right? It'd be pretty weird to call yourself that otherwise."
Ah, but the fact that being nice to her makes her suspicious is kinda weird...
"To be honest, this doesn't seem too different from what I was already doing, but... What is it Harmony has had you do so far,
 anyway?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 22, 2017, 03:53:18 am »

"She has asked us to....mainly interfere with Discord's forces. That's all."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #494 on: October 22, 2017, 04:04:39 am »

"Very well. If you desire my modest attempts at brewing a proper beverage, I'll be in the kitchen." He stood up, gave a short bow of farewell, and turned to walk away, already deep in thought. Harmony has those records. . . if we've no plans on using it, why keep the weapon around? It is a great risk. . . I wonder if Harmony is the solely benevolent force she claims to be. Chaos and disorder, after all, have their place in creation as well - complete order would be no different from complete disorder.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41