Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: The World of Dwarvemon - Succession Fortress of Pocketball (ENDED)  (Read 60162 times)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile

Picture by Nopal!

Come to Pocketball for the Pokemon; stay for the giant beast in our water supply.
-Zefermcdwarfpants

This is a succession fort; completely vanilla DF... except with one twist; it takes place in the world of Pokemon!

Pokemon?
Yes, Pokemon! We'll be using a mod called Dwarvemon, which adds 700 Pokemon into Dwarf Fortress. And it's awesome; you don't want to have a boring maximum of 6 Pokemon on screen at once? Well, that's fine! Have an all-out Pokemon war! See who wins between all of the Mega Evolutions without legendaries! (Note: It's Mega Metagross, I checked.) The possibilities are endless, and thanks to the wonderful mod creator FirePhoenix11, the possibilities even stretch beyond endless!

Can I have the link to the mod?
Of course; if you want to play outside of this game, please, I strongly encourage you to try it out!

Are we having other vanilla animals?
Nope; we are solely using Pokemon in this run. No dogs, only Lillipups. No cats, only Purrloins. No dragons, only Charizard Alolan Exeggutor. No HFS, only... wait, what'll happen when we get to HFS? Nobody knows! We'll have to see for ourselves!
Though because Cole is known for being a major screwup, we do have pre-generated monsters such as megabeasts. Guess HFS will have the same HFS, probably. Whoops.

Because tonight, we venture to Pocketball! What kind of stupid name is that?

If you'd like to participate, simply post that you'd like to be in, and possibly your ideal role in the fort for your dwarf. If you want to have a turn or just be dorfed, let us know as well!

If you ever want to adopt a Pokemon, refer to this document!

Players:
  • RedMageCole (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)
  • FirePhoenix11 (1) (2) (3) (4)
  • MCreeper (1) (2)
  • Paddywagon Man (1)
  • RedMageCole 2 (1 - Art) (2 - Art) (3) (4 - Art) (5 - Art)
There are many turns past Cole's second turn, but Cole is in the process of colleging and probably will not have time to index them, unless someone else wants to take up that torch. However, it might get done. Maybe. Either way, if you're a first time reader, you don't want the index. The in-between posts are the fun parts. Don't you want to see Nopal's ☼artwork☼? Of course you do.

Other Dwarves:
  • Glass
  • Nopal
  • Beirus
  • Lord_lemonpie
  • Shidoni
  • Zefermcdwarfpants
  • Taupe
  • Fluffe9911
  • Imic
  • DrewLegend
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:25:11 am by RedMageCole »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the World of Dwarvemon! - Fortress of Pocketball
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 07:54:10 pm »

I'd like to be dorfed as the blacksmith... with a Charmander, because the char line is awesome.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 08:10:23 pm »

I'd like to be dorfed as the blacksmith... with a Charmander, because the char line is awesome.
Welcome! Would you like to play, or just be a dorf helping out in the background? :)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 08:25:31 pm »

Just a dorf. I don't have DF.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Nopal

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:30:31 pm by Nopal »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile

I haven't done a succession game before, but I'd love to give it a shot! I'll be the resident Pokemon caretaker (animal related jobs besides hunting) with a Snivy if possible.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't done a succession game before, but I'd love to give it a shot! I'll be the resident Pokemon caretaker (animal related jobs besides hunting) with a Snivy if possible.
Hey, it's my first time too! Though I think you deserve to be the expedition leader; technically you are the Pokemon Professor here :) (Just try not to make your mandates too impossible, okay? We can't make Magcargo rugs.)

If we hit 7 dwarves, I'm thinking we can start tomorrow! I'm too excited to not want to not do this.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile

Hey, it's my first time too! Though I think you deserve to be the expedition leader; technically you are the Pokemon Professor here :) (Just try not to make your mandates too impossible, okay? We can't make Magcargo rugs.)
That could be my profession name, since I think it makes more sense for the starting player to be the leader.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Sure, sign me up
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure, sign me up
Any Pokemon you'd like to have accompany you?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the World of Dwarvemon! - Succession Fortress of Pocketball
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 03:13:21 am »

This looks neat. Would you mind dorfing me as a Mason/Swordsdwarf with a Gible?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 03:43:18 am »

I'd love a turn!

Aldo a dorfing, preferably a ranger with a turtwig

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 07:03:47 am »

That's 7! :)
We'll be starting at around 5PM EST!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 04:14:10 pm »

Since the dawn of Dwarfkind, everyone got along with animals. Whether as pets, food, servants and tools of war, they were an integral part of the world of Dwarfs.

But we were a different story. We didn't have animals. We had Pokemon.

In the beginning ages of our world, we had noticed an abundance of creatures called Pokemon rather than regular animals. They were virtually the same thing, except much more useful. Though it was damned hard to get the right ones to cram into childcare; if there's one thing dogs had over them, it was that they just kept to the simple scratching and biting rather than just outright setting the dwarven babies on fire. Other than that, they're pretty much kickass. That's why we were sent on an expedition to discover more than the ones we already knew about.

I was put in charge of the expedition; from The Scholarly Rags, I, RedMageCole, and my trusted Bulbasaur who has been at my side for as long as I could remember. Not sure why they chose me; I'm a scholar at heart. I don't really do other things; if it weren't for my astronomy studying, I wouldn't even know what the sun would look like. I guess it was due to my knowledge that I was chosen to go discover new types of Pokemon. Either way, I know I'm making a library before another ruler comes in and neglects to make one.

I found comfort in having the Pokemon Professor FirePhoenix11 and his trusted Snivy join the party; he was the one to discover these things were Pokemon in the first place. I just called them 'fresh meat' before their official name was coined because god damn, it was like Russian Roulette trying to eat those things. For the record; the meat tastes better as they evolve, like Pidgeot meat tasting better than Pidgey. Tastes also could go with types; Water types were a bit soggy, Fire types are kinda spicy, Dragon types had an uncanny ability to get you drunk off your ass, and Poison types... well, rest in peace, Uncle Urist. Dumbass.

Oh, and don't taste Tepig meat.

Just don't.

Either way, the tradition of expeditions is a group of 7, so along with me and Phoenix, we also took;
Glass, an average blacksmith with their trusty Charmander. Appropriate choice for a blacksmith, I'd say.
Nopal, a military dwarf. I told him to leave his goddamned cow at home, but we had to take the damn thing with us, otherwise he'd probably throw a fit.
Ryukan, a... not really sure what they do, so I'll be giving them the odd jobs, with their... well, I asked what Pokemon they'd be taking; didn't get a response, but hey, more embark points for me, I guess. Hopefully they'll get back to me before we set out.
Beirus, a mason who is good with a sword, partnered with their Gible that chewed my shoes up.
And Lord Lemonpie, a ranger who owns a Turtwig. Not sure what they're the lord of, but hey.

Why are none of them miners, I asked? We're dwarves for crying out loud; I usually recommend embarking with 5 miners and 2 woodcutters. They don't care; they said to work with it. Well, at least I know I can trust Ryukan to do mining, and I figure Glass won't mind, being a blacksmith and all. Lemonpie can probably also cut trees; they'll be outside all the time anyway. Nopal can join him; I figure Nopal can use an axe.

Our outpost was to be called Pocketball. No, I have no idea why we were calling it that, but I overheard Glass telling Phoenix about a more efficient way of capturing Pokemon without traps, some tiny little ball called a Pokeball that you cram the giant monsters into. Personally, I don't know what kind of stupid idea that is, but I guess we'll keep an open mind, I guess.

Oh, and I have a Pokedex. I know, like... 50 off of the top of my head. And people are theorizing that there are 700 of these things.

And a good handful of them are on par in power with the average megabeast.

Lovely.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm a democrat at heart, so while I could just tell everyone to saddle up and go to the scorching hot forest rich with savages as I stay in a comfy, cool cave, I don't think everyone else would want to be so uncomfortable. Look on the bright side; I checked, neighbors do NOT include elves. Either way, I'll listen to opinions on where to embark.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's also the matter of what we should take for supplies. The usual, plus cages for trapping Pokemon (forgot to add those in, stupid me), sword for Beirus, pig tail products with extra thread for my books, two picks, two axes, plump helmet seeds, meat, booze (hell yes), and an anvil. Again, thought this would be optimal, but I'll see what everyone else thinks.

I also need to see if there's any last minute changes anyone wanted on their jobs or Partner Pokemon... and if someone wants to eat a different Pokemeat, let me know. I heard Solosis meat is in season...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 04:23:55 pm by RedMageCole »

Nopal

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 05:04:05 pm »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:32:34 pm by Nopal »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27