Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: The World of Dwarvemon - Succession Fortress of Pocketball (ENDED)  (Read 60172 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the World of Dwarvemon! - Succession Fortress of Pocketball
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 05:30:07 pm »

Let's find a forested mountain. With elf neighbors.
What? They sell animals in vanilla; if anything, that should be more useful with Pokedaemons.
Just don't piss them off.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 05:30:37 pm »

You can have my dwarf help with the mining when possible if that would help. Also, if I remember right from looking at the raws for the mod, all Pokemon including the semi and megabeasts are trainable and not trap_avoid, so I'd like to be a backup Animal Trainer on the off chance we catch a dragon or ground type one later on, if that's okay.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 05:33:56 pm »

What? They sell animals in vanilla; if anything, that should be more useful with Pokedaemons.
Wrong; the correct answer was raid the caravan for their Pokemon, slaughter them all and wear their skins to go back and tell them that they should send more elves and promptly say you're committing suicide for the trees' sake.
But good idea, regardless.

Either way though, I thank you all for your offerings of help; I should be able to continue playing in an hour and a half. :)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 05:50:10 pm »

Wrong; the correct answer was raid the caravan for their Pokemon, slaughter them all and wear their skins to go back and tell them that they should send more elves and promptly say you're committing suicide for the trees' sake.

Either way though, I thank you all for your offerings of help; I should be able to continue playing in an hour and a half. :)
No, that is not the correct answer. Mind you, you keep them pissed off enough hat they send animals/pokedaemon instead of cloth, but death is not the answer here.
But anyways, you're the player. It's your decision... and I expect my input to be vetoed on this subject.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 06:00:52 pm »

No, that is not the correct answer. Mind you, you keep them pissed off enough hat they send animals/pokedaemon instead of cloth, but death is not the answer here.
But anyways, you're the player. It's your decision... and I expect my input to be vetoed on this subject.
Death is always the answer though! It's all we have to live for!
Don't worry, after a year you'll get someone less willing to kill the elves off. And it's not like I'll kill them when their caravan comes around. Don't worry.
Maybe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 06:08:12 pm »

_
 -  -

Ok, RM.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 06:29:40 pm »

Death is always the answer though! It's all we have to live for!
Don't worry, after a year you'll get someone less willing to kill the elves off. And it's not like I'll kill them when their caravan comes around. Don't worry.
Maybe.

Elves train and use every Pokemon they can get their hands on (which includes vermin ones, I'd love to see how war versions of those work). So I'd advise not pissing them off. Not only are they a good source of unique Pokemon, they use those same ones for war. Which unless we get an army of our own Pokemon, will tend to outdo most soldiers. They also use Totem Pokemon and get assistance from other Pokemon like Spiritomb sometimes.

I'm not an Elf sympathiser, just giving my tactical analysis.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 06:32:46 pm »

;-;

Okaaay, we won't piss the elves off. If only if that means we get more weapons of mass destruction.

I'm gonna go play now, I'll post the next part soon!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 07:22:40 pm »

I feel like if we manage to catch and train a few mythical or legendary Pokemon, we can use them to destroy the elves. After we trade for all the neat Pokemon we can get, of course

I wonder how elves see Phantump or Trevenant. Or Sudowoodo.

Anyway, good luck playing. I look forward to the update.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 07:35:04 pm »

I feel like if we manage to catch and train a few mythical or legendary Pokemon, we can use them to destroy the elves. After we trade for all the neat Pokemon we can get, of course

I wonder how elves see Phantump or Trevenant. Or Sudowoodo.

Anyway, good luck playing. I look forward to the update.
Just imagine what an elf would think if they saw a dwarf chasing after a Sudowoodo with a pickaxe... XD

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 08:00:53 pm »

Spring, Granite 8

Well, today's been a hectic day of planning. Again; I'm a scribe, not a leader. I don't know why they tasked me with this. I suggested a nice place far away from the elves, but everyone was insisting that I moved towards the elves. Well, hopefully I won't have to put up with those snooty pricks at least. And they did make a convincing argument; I like the idea of getting more Pokemon.

Everyone was accounted for, except Ryukan. I'm not sure what they're doing, but I just figured I'd assume they were okay with whatever.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

By request, I tried to find Magikarp meat, but... didn't have it in stock. Whatever; the meat's too tough for me anyway. I hope Nopal doesn't mind Mudkip meat; it's the same thing, just chewier.

Before leaving, I noticed that Beirus's Gible evolved. I asked what the heck they fed it, and they just shrugged. Well, we have a Gabite now; hope nobody minds that. I actually for some reason could not find Gible on the list anymore, so Gabite it is.

Spring, Granite 15

God damn it I forgot the goddamn cages again I want to kill myself fu-

Okay. Calm down. We can make cages. At least we got everything else.

Not exactly sure what constitutes as a 'Totem' Gumshoos, but I suppose that's what we're here to find out, eh?

Well. Here we are. Sunlight sickness is kicking in, and I want to dig immediately. I set jobs to those in need of work, and off we go.
I survey the wildlife as everyone starts working. Only a lone Reuniclus.

Hopefully they're plentiful. I like Solosis jelly; it'd be nice to get a farm of those going. But alas.

Miners are mining, cutters are cutting. Lord Lemonpie gets hit by one of the falling trees, which is fun to watch.
I figured while we were waiting for the miners to dig out a home, I would work on getting some traps set up. I'm good with mechanics, I'd say. I could try to fashion a couple cages too. I deserve it.

I also decide to set the Pokemon that can be trained to be trained, giving Ryukan the Skiddo that was pulling our cart. I also gave everyone the Animal Trainer job so that we can own our respective Pokemon.

Success! After nearly a month, we pierce the underground! Of course, with my plans, it'll take me the rest of spring to get these plans mined out... I got the essentials; meeting room in the center, food storage on the bottom, and a library on the top with a stairwell leading to books. Don't worry; meeting area comes first.

I'm minding my own business, making some cages, when suddenly...

...there's this jerk! As I'm trying to get it the hell away from me and stop stomping on me, the Stantler eventually pisses off and I can go back to work.

Beirus's Gabite apparently also hates Stantlers, but then it runs away itself once it suffers from a bruised lung and a broken hand. Too bad; would have liked to have tried Stantler meat.

Oh, and success! The meeting room is finished! It's kind of dinky, but it'll improve with time.

And then our food stores and library finish! I set the miners to work on a corpse pile outside, next.
Also, I set up my cage traps, and I start intently watching them. A couple Dedennes get extremely close to wandering into them, but no luck. I'll have to start making more!

But summer has started, and thus ends this update! I'll be continuing tomorrow with more. :)

BONUS: Paranoia at its finest.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:21:10 pm by RedMageCole »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2017, 08:09:51 pm »

A'aight, good times. Also: lel at the last part. XD

Could we try taming a stantler?

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 08:13:02 pm »

A'aight, good times. Also: lel at the last part. XD

Could we try taming a stantler?
Unfortunatly, the Stantler wandered off near the end of Spring when the Dedenne started coming in; but rest assured, I'd like to tame one.
Our ultimate goal should be capturing every single Pokemon. Including the ones classified as Megabeasts. Won't that be fun?

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 08:18:29 pm »

Remember to put those grass types in a pasture with grass (pretty much all grass types are grazers, so they need a supply of grass/underground moss).
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 08:19:25 pm »

So was it my Gabite that got its hand broken? If so, you seem to have confused me with Ryukan a couple of times

Interesting update, though. Can't wait for the summer update.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27