Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27

Author Topic: The World of Dwarvemon - Succession Fortress of Pocketball (ENDED)  (Read 60167 times)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile

I love it when notifications randomly stop working...
Also, it seems as if Professor FirePhoenix11 has given up on the whole being disturbed by killing Pokemon thing.
Only if its in self defense.

"New Pokemon to research?" ~ Famous last words.

Good luck dealing with the HFS, it looks like there's a lot of FUN to be had.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Nopal

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:58:32 pm by Nopal »

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You know, it'd be so easy to kill that badger. He probably would just be too busy humping the water tower. But I can't, dammit. He's like our mascot now. He's not hurting anyone; he's just having a good time. Might be disturbing, but still."
You know why the ocean is salty?
Giant Badgers are the whales of this land.

"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile

Hey RedMageCole
Spoiler: Useless Opinion (click to show/hide)
The current narrative isn't bad either but it also isn't very sketch inspiring. )-:
I knowww, but it's really hard when nothing's getting done. A lot of it is just tapping feet and waiting for the dwarves to actually do some stuff rather than just fiddling around waiting for Urist to stop collecting socks and actually go build the traps I told him to build.

Only halfway done with this season though, but it will get closer to a better narrative. Promise!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pokemon Additions
Gave Glass Excadrill, Lampent, Solrock and Bronzong.
Gave Shidoni Litten.

Autumn, Limestone 1

Time to put the plan into action this season, if these dwarves would make the traps...

As I get ready... a hammerdwarf-in-training named Imic comes up to me introducing himself. I tell him to go back to training.

Speaking of military, why is some nobody captain of the guard? This calls for drastic measures.

That's better. Wear your new outfit with pride, Nopal.

Autumn, Limestone 2

You.

We all know Stungin; bastard keeps coming to our fort expecting to steal something, but he always gets caught. But I'm not letting him escape this time!

THIS ENDS NOW, YOU BITCH!

...Of course, Stungin escaped. Damn him; we'll have him one of these days!

Autumn, Limestone 3

My heart leapt in excitement! We can become the Capital!

...Or not. Damn it; I'll have to offer them a crapton of stuff when they come next and hope they draft up the requirements immediately, or else my hopes of nobility will be shattered.

...You guys, he's long gone now. You can go back to work.

Autumn, Limestone 14

Yes! The best caravan!

Autumn, Limestone 17

C-...Could it be?

...You could at least tell me what you meant by that. I want to be a count. :(

I put in requests for Pokemon and lots of them.

And here's what they want, for the next ruler;

What the fuck!? You can't just say "durr hurr we're gonna make you empowered" and then just walk the hell away! What did you mean, 'empowered'!? You guys suck so much ass >:(

Anyways, let's see what they have to trade...

This... was literally it.

What?

Minus the steel bars, this is crap! What am I supposed to do with any of this!?

Before I get more annoyed, I just give them offers to get us to a higher status. Hopefully.

Boom.

Autumn, Sandstone 7

Welcome aboard, slave labor! You're early to the plan!

They bring a mason, armorer, engraver, Servine (owned by the engraver), brewer, cheesemaker, carpenter, dyer, Grimer (owned by the dyer), Loudred (also owned by the dyer), and a animal trainer.

Autumn, Sandstone 10

Lately, Nopal has been disappointed in my antics; I have been going in more of a to-do fashion rather than actually showing my feelings on subjects. I wish I could, but since I'm still waiting, I have decided to try and appease Nopal with a kickass room. The previous, lesser Captain was less than pleased to hear that while he had never gotten a room, Nopal got a room almost instantly, but who cares?

Also, a wild Herdier tried to maul a child, but was quickly stopped by Beirus's Excadrill and ran off with its tail between its legs. Nice.

Autumn, Sandstone 11

Come on! Can't we just have a Pokemon boss or something? Why do we keep getting freaking werewolf abominations?

Before going in to kill the werebison, Paddywagon does a warmup by instantly murdering the Herdier that was begging for its life. She takes no prisoners.

...Hm. Not really a pretty sight, but I'm instead left wondering if that counts as a were-bite.

Okay, that definitely counts. But jesus christ, ow.

Then my Chandelure and a Pignite come in, fire off twin Flamethrowers and a Psybeam, and it's all over.

...H-Hey, um... Paddywagon? You doing okay?

...Paddywagon?

...O-...Oh my god...

YOU MANIACS!!! YOU BLEW IT UP!! DAMN YOU!! DAMN YOU ALL TO HFS!!!

And did I mention? The werebison still isn't dead! What does it take for you to die, damn it?!

Autumn, Sandstone 12

Finally dead, but... at what cost? We lost Paddywagon and one of her Crobats... don't really give a shit about the children, they're useless fucks, but... god damn.

Later, some dwarf came into my office, screaming at me as to why people thought she was dead. I noticed this was Paddywagon Man. I was so overjoyed to see her still alive, I nearly cried...! Though then I remembered my Venusaur and was still not amused. She was angry that people mourned the death of the baroness, yet she was still alive. I merely nodded my head a few times, watching the dwarven traders leave without saying a damn thing about our so-called 'empowering'. I couldn't promise her becoming the new baroness once another ruler took over, especially since I doubted they'd let me become royalty, but I did promise to give her the Crobat back. But I was keeping my Venusaur.

Also, she had a Serperior all of the sudden. Strange.

And apparently, Chandelures can indeed melt when in their own fire. Sigh.

This is stressful. I need a nap. With my three babies, of course.

Autumn, Sandstone 17

Devastation and destruction plagued the lands...

But at least we were a duchy, right? Right?

...Not that we had a count to actually prove it, so...

Sigh.

Autumn, Timber 5

After long periods of waiting (in reality I actually had to AFK and accidentally left the game running until it paused), the plan is completed!...well, I wanted another weapon trap, but I was sick of waiting, so...

Step 1: Get the squads underground behind the Galvantula in case of emergency.

Step 2: Get the people underground before the squads for quick hauling and quick wall building.

We're not safe until they're dead!
They'll come stalking us at night!

Set to sacrifice our children to their monstrous appetites!
They'll wreck havoc on our fortress if we let them wander free!

So it's time to take some action, dwarves! IT'S TIIIIME TOOOOO FOOOOLLOOOOOWW MEEEEEE!

Through the mist, through the caves!
Through the darkness and the shadows, it's a nightmare but it's one exciting riiiide!

Say a prayer, then we're there!
At the entrance of our mineshaft, and there's something truly terrible insiiiide!

They're demons! They've got fangs, razor sharp ones!
Massive paws, killer claws, for the feast!

Hear them scream, see them steam, but we're not coming home,
'Til they're deaaad! Good and deaaaad!

KILL THEM ALL!

Step 3: Tell civillians that I changed my mind and tell them to fuck off because these goddamn idiot kids are making my FPS drop to -500 FPS.

Step 4: Get demon to actually start moving through drastic measures since god knows the military is fucking around and not actually going to kill it.

Step 5: Are you fucking kidding me?!

Step 6: This fucking moron's grand master idea to build a floor using a granite right next to the demons we're trying to keep out rather than using a granite right goddamn next to the floor, then lead the demons right exactly where we do not want them.

Step 7: Pray that one part of the plan actually goes well...

Step 8: Gotcha! Flare Scepter was caught!

Step 9: Wish I could just have nice things for once in my miserable life.

Step 10: WONDER WHY THE FUCK THE BRIDGE ISN'T GOING UP EVEN THOUGH I CLEARLY TOLD SOMEONE TO PULL IT.

Step 11: Be relieved, but at the same time, hate life.

So, the plan was a complete failure. FPS drops making it impossible to tell what's going on, massive announcement spam that made it impossible to notice anything including the fucking wonderfully-timed werebison attack, and that one goddamn idiot dwarf deciding it's a better idea to lure the demons over to our unprepared traps rather than barricade them off for good. We're worse off than before; no Galvantulas, and many demons in the adamantine room rather than just one.

I hate my life, and I suck ass as an overseer.

Nopal

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:58:59 pm by Nopal »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The third picture... that's so adorable and it made me actually squeal a bit with adorableness.

...But then I just got sad. At least I still have one, but... ;-;

Also the detail on that Werebison holy shit

Thankfully the FPS went back to normal once I sealed off the demons again, but I might leave the demon fighting to someone with a better computer than mine.

Real talk I was so in love with that Mimikyu snuggling picture that I even showed it to all my friends and they were all 'aww'-ing and praising Nopal's wonderful artistry

EDIT: It turned into me showing the rest of Nopal's art to my friends and them 'ooh' and 'aah'ing at it while I try to explain exactly what the heck is going on in Dwarf Fortress
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:09:16 pm by RedMageCole »

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thinking we may just have to pasture all the fire types deep in the fort, never to be heard from again. Why did my kickass baroness have to die?  *sadness*

And the Galvantulas reeeeally should have been in fortifications instead of just wandering freely. Still, we caught a demon! Nicely done!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Now, the real question is can we tame it?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

This is rapidly flying down hill at light speed.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah. We just need to stay sealed up till we can trap a legendary or a few mythicals and train em.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DrewLegend

• Bay Watcher
  • henlo my guy
    • View Profile

Cool fort, dorf me with a Ampharos and Excadrill please.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just out of curiosity, what was my character's title prior to her death?

Nopal

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:59:35 pm by Nopal »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

:D :D :D

I think that actually gives us pictures of all of us, in fact.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27