Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: The World of Dwarvemon - Succession Fortress of Pocketball (ENDED)  (Read 60123 times)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the World of Dwarvemon! - Succession Fortress of Pocketball
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2017, 08:21:59 pm »

So was it my Gabite that got its hand broken? If so, you seem to have confused me with Ryukan a couple of times

Interesting update, though. Can't wait for the summer update.

...God damn it, I'm extremely bad with names. That's been fixed! Because yes; you are the owner of the Gabite.

And thanks Phoenix; I always forget to keep track of the grazers! Does Miltank also need grazing since it's basically the Pokemon version of a cow?

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2017, 08:36:14 pm »

So was it my Gabite that got its hand broken? If so, you seem to have confused me with Ryukan a couple of times

Interesting update, though. Can't wait for the summer update.

...God damn it, I'm extremely bad with names. That's been fixed! Because yes; you are the owner of the Gabite.

And thanks Phoenix; I always forget to keep track of the grazers! Does Miltank also need grazing since it's basically the Pokemon version of a cow?
The Miltank will be fine. I was thinking of making it a grazer but decided to keep it more exclusive to grass types (unless specified otherwise, but as far as I know Miltank is just kept in pastures. Unless people would like it to be a grazer).
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2017, 06:07:13 pm »

Time for an update!
I realized that I accidentally put the pictures before the text instead of after. That's garbage and I am extremely sorry about the formatting last entry. I can fix it later; but this entry will have my pictures taken properly. I also plan to make images smaller so they focus on the subject better.

Summer, Hematite 4

Once the day was started, Professor Phoenix told me that grass types required a pasture. I was less than pleased to hear about this; what good is a war and hunting animal that has to sit around and be lazy all day? But alas; that's the way the world works. Not like Professor Phoenix engineered this world. Therefore, I made a pasture. It's kind of shabby, but I'm sure a later ruler can make it prettier if it bugs them.

Also, I decided to work on a new project! A lot of vermin-like Pokemon roam around, and I figure they're useful than rats and spiders that you catch from small animal traps because they can evolve into something more useful, so I decided to get on that.

I got to work on a storage for untamed vermin-like Pokemon, and I notice the Professor running around the food stores like a maniac with the trap trying to catch something. Well, hope they find something soon because it's creeping me out a bit.

It's there that I realized I forgot to turn TrueType on. What's TrueType? I don't know, but it wasn't on.

Summer, Hematite 20

Lord Lemonpie started to take the Professor's place in running around maniacally; that's good that we're all taking turns on our sanity, at least. Meanwhile, I ponder perception in the library, and realize... we need to get on making this library nice. So I put in orders for chests, bookcases and bindings. In the meantime, I get the miners to carve out a wood stockpile with some workshops for carpentry.

Oh, yes! We finally strike sand! I can finally get some farms working!

Pictured in the animal stockpile; an Igglybuff and a Solosis. Not sure why vermin-like Pokemon take the forms of objects like this was some sort of ASCII game rather than the tiles I made, but maybe when we tame them it'll be different.

Summer, Hematite 24

Professor Phoenix's Snivy has taken to leaving the pasture. At least I know they can leave the pasture in case of emergency, but still! Why doesn't my Bulbasaur have that kind of audacity?

Oh, and we got a visitor!

Not sure what he wants, after all, our library is kind of... empty. I'd say the shelves were collecting dust, but we don't even have shelves. What do you want from us?! Give us some time!

Summer, Malachite 10

A Pikachu keeps drifting close to my traps. I can't see it too well from this distance, but I'm pretty sure that's a Pikachu from what I've read. It'd be much cooler than a Dedenne even if it's not a Fairy type; c'mon, I want it... c'mon, Pikachu, get into the traps...

Summer, Malachite 19

Yaay, nameless generics! My favorite! If they scare the Pikachu, I'm gonna-

They brought two fishermen, a bookbinder (yesss!), a peasant who is going to be drafted into the mines once I get a decent pick, a Charmander named Kikrost (owned by the Fisherman Olon), and five useless children. If anyone wants to get a child care working with Pokemon, be my guest; I hate children.

Summer, Malachite 24

SUCCESS! SUCCESS! WE CAUGHT IT! WE CAUGHT THE-

...Pikachu?

Upon closer inspection, that was indeed not a Pikachu. I had to look it up in the Pokedex... and apparently, it's a Mimikyu; a Pokemon that terrifies people with its own appearance but just wants to find love, and therefore disguises itself as Pikachu. It also kicks ass in battle.

Congratulations to me for becoming the first one to own two Pokemon, then! Because Mimikyu is mine now.

Farm has officially completed construction, and so I work on a Pokemon training area; it's big because we're gonna have a lot of Pokemon, more than just the Solosis, Igglybuff, Mimikyu (Mine.) and the absolute crapton of Budews we caught. If any of you want to claim a Pokemon when they evolve, let me know! But just know that the Mimikyu is mine. He just wants a friend... Kind of like me. Also, I can't give you vermin-like Pokemon until it evolves. We caught a Masquerain though, and that's a vermin-like Pokemon, so that one's just gonna be left up to the AI.

In the nick of time, I remember that there's an entirely different process to taming for vermin-like Pokemon, so I shorten the area designated.

Summer, Galena 18

It's then that I realize this was a mistake in doing this whole thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That... That was my Mimikyu.

I'm... I'm gonna find out who did this to you, Mimikyu. And I'll make them lick my ass. I know it was a miner; it won't take long before I find injuries.

Summer, Galena 19

Whoever was hurt covered their injuries up well. But I can check clothing articles; they had a Joltik silk robe and a Galvantula silk hood. I will find whoever did this to my Mimikyu. Nobody hurts Mimikyu without good reason.

Summer, Galena 20

I found the culprit.

Galvantula silk hood. Joltik silk robe. Even guilty tears in the eyes.

Why, Glass?

Why?

I don't have the courage to ask why they killed my Mimikyu, but... hopefully they'll read this and give me a reason as to why.

Autumn, Galena 1

The season has changed, and thus ends another entry. We caught a Poliwag and a Cleffa, but...
Sigh.

I'm gonna need a drink. :(

CURRENT POKEMON
Hunting-Trained

War-Trained

Untrained

Vermin-like

Dead :(

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2017, 07:09:31 pm »

It wanted to steal my skin!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2017, 07:23:53 pm »

IT ALREADY HAD ITS OWN SKIN YOU MEANIEFACE.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2017, 07:26:38 pm »

That was the worst part!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2017, 07:32:45 pm »

That was the worst part!
...Can't argue with that.
Still, Mimikyu is one of my favorite Pokemon. ;-; Ah well, hopefully there'll be more of them.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2017, 07:34:15 pm »

That was the worst part!
...Can't argue with that.
Still, Mimikyu is one of my favorite Pokemon. ;-; Ah well, hopefully there'll be more of them.
Agreed.
Now let's kill the quote pyramid before it scares them all away.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2017, 11:47:06 pm »

I'll take that poliwag when it evolves if that's alright.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2017, 04:07:56 am »

I'll adopt the solosis if possible!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2017, 04:59:43 am »

I probably will take a turn, because it looks cool.  ;D  Don't even looked at mod yet, though.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2017, 07:48:52 am »

Got all your requests!
MCreeper, any specific roles you'd like to be, or any specific dwarven migrants you'd like to take over being?

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2017, 05:11:54 pm »

Preview of what's to come;

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2017, 05:17:22 pm »

Aww man. I hate necromancers.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2017, 07:09:38 pm »

Autumn, Galena Limestone 1 (Not Galena, what was I doing last update?)

Well, I got over the Mimikyu; Glass had an excellent point. Those claws looked terrifying.
So, in hindsight, moving to an embark point with a 'Tower' neighbor was probably not the best idea. It was a nice spot; give me a break!

Beirus was less than pleased to hear the announcement, but thankfully no actual necromancers showed up; just the corpse of an elf named Nisa Styleoiled. Naturally, I tell everyone to get the hell back into the fort while I think of a plan. I also quickly draft for doors to be made. I send for a new burrow and try to start up the military. We're going to have to be ready for anythi-

...Well, that's no !!FUN!!.

Oh, and the peasant (now a Planter) came up to me, telling me their name was MCreeper. Wasn't sure what I was going to do with this information, but regardless, nice to know the migrants weren't all nameless generics. Turns out they're actually pretty good with a hammer; when I get started on that squad, I'll draft them.

Autumn, Limestone 7

Making the new squad was a success! I thought the name Legion of Somethings would be cool, but I wasn't sure of what Pokemon to base the name off of. I figured Nopal, Beirus and MCreeper are smart enough to decide what Pokemon they want to represent.

I also order the miners to dig out a basement for us so that we can store finished goods and furniture for later use. I hate having separate stockpiles for them; they're all the same stuff anyways.

Autumn, Limestone 14

Praise the lord and Hallelujah!

It's then though that I realize I don't have shit to give them, so I immediately put in orders for craftdwarves shops and get them to craftmaking. I might offer them one of the metric shittons of Budews we have, or the Cleffas we've been getting.

I ask them for booze, meat, as well as any Pokemon they can provide us with.

Of course, now they just don't bring us much at all; no Pokemon or anything. I just decide to get a bin of leather as well as a book so we can have a decent library. What kind of dwarven caravan doesn't have booze?

And speaking of booze, we're low. Therefore, I get a still constructed.

Autumn, Sandstone 23

A long time without an entry, but look! Library's finished!

Booze production is going well too, with our bookbinder being the resident brewer.

Autumn, Sandstone 25

Hooray! Dead weight!

Only seven people have come in, and five of them are goddamn children. I'm this close to building a childcare with Pokemon. I bet that Miltank will gladly crush them all.
At least we got a woodcutter.

Autumn, Sandstone 27

Ten goddamn kids, a woodcutter, two peasants who I've stuck to my usual plan of drafting into the mines, a fisherman, two farmers, an administrator who has become our new broker, a Hunting Tepig, a furnace operator, a thresher, a goddamn Sceptile holy shit- owned by the thresher, a holy shit a Blissey- owned by the furnace operator, a ranger, and an armorer. Despite the shittons of kids, it's not a bad haul especially thanks to the Sceptile and Blissey.

Autumn, Timber 10

People keep treating my library like a dining hall. :(

On the upside though, I finished the basement! And now a new project; an ore deposit where I can also make metals and eventually more picks for the peasants.

Autumn, Timber 20

Finally, a child makes itself useful!

He takes two hunks of rock salt and a hunk of borax before starting work.

Autumn, Timber 27

Aaaaand of course the kid makes an artifact out of a trade good, though at least he becomes a legendary stone crafter.

That's it? I didn't even know the queen was named Asob Tindented. I was hoping for a figurine of a Mimikyu ripping Glass's skin off; that would be kickass, though I guess the child isn't that disturbed yet.

Winter, Moonstone 1

And thus comes my last season of reign.

Gotta say, it was fun, though I really would like to get back to my studies. Though for my last three months, I'm gonna make the best of things.

Also, the winter palette is bitchin'.

CURRENT POKEMON
Hunting-Trained

War-Trained

Untrained

Vermin-like

Dead
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27