Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: The World of Dwarvemon - Succession Fortress of Pocketball (ENDED)  (Read 59695 times)

Nopal

Re: The World of Dwarvemon - Succession Fortress of Pocketball (PLAYERS NEEDED!)
« Reply #375 on: September 11, 2017, 09:36:08 pm »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:19:36 pm by Nopal »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The World of Dwarvemon - Succession Fortress of Pocketball (PLAYERS NEEDED!)
« Reply #376 on: September 11, 2017, 09:42:34 pm »

Aww, I never even got a Tyranitar. Guess that'll be a goal for the new fort. Did my dwarf survive? Did I get anymore kills?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 12, 2017, 08:14:01 am »

What should we call our next fort? I was thinking a non-standard Greatball fort...
I think some metallic badass name would be cool.
This is the second generation of Pocketball, yes? Welcome to GOLDSILVER.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 13, 2017, 10:36:19 pm »

What should we call our next fort? I was thinking a non-standard Greatball fort...
I think some metallic badass name would be cool.
This is the second generation of Pocketball, yes? Welcome to GOLDSILVER.

Genius.

And we can still move to a smaller fort; I did 3x3 here, maybe we could do 2x2? And again, we can still do a lower population cap if we wanna try to go for the long haul.

Oh, and another thing I'm gonna do; I'm gonna try and see if I can poke around in the raws and make it so that everything is Pokemon-based so we don't end up with giant badger megabeasts anymore. Unless people enjoyed the amusing strange animals.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 13, 2017, 11:29:05 pm »

Oh, and another thing I'm gonna do; I'm gonna try and see if I can poke around in the raws and make it so that everything is Pokemon-based so we don't end up with giant badger megabeasts anymore. Unless people enjoyed the amusing strange animals.
Just do a world with advanced parameters and set demons, titans etc to 0 (FB's cannot be disabled as far as I know).
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 13, 2017, 11:53:31 pm »

It would probably be pretty tedious, but it's definitely possible to change the generated raws in world.sav with a hex editor. Should be able to solve the problem any way you want. That said, I'll never not love that line about Pokémon 803 being "Badger".

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 14, 2017, 04:16:10 am »

See how DF from scratch disabled random creatures by modding the body_rcp file.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 14, 2017, 10:16:19 am »

Just do a world with advanced parameters and set demons, titans etc to 0 (FB's cannot be disabled as far as I know).
Aw, but that's like... no !!FUN!!. :(

I think we'll just stick to the random, occasional non-Pokemon Pokemon. I'll have fun making Pokedex entries for them as well.

When I get home, I'll see if I can start a new save!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 14, 2017, 03:33:25 pm »

Got everything set up; are there any concerns before we start? Like, do we want to wait until Phoenix finishes 1.1, or are we good with the beta?

And also, if you guys have confidence in Toady and Phoenix, should we go as far as to wait for the next version of DF?

Nopal

« Reply #384 on: September 14, 2017, 04:41:01 pm »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:20:19 pm by Nopal »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 14, 2017, 07:01:55 pm »

Got everything set up; are there any concerns before we start? Like, do we want to wait until Phoenix finishes 1.1, or are we good with the beta?
With the current pace I'm going at, it would be around 3-4 weeks until 1.1 is completed. I'd say wait, because the beta is going through quite a few changes, and there's been some interesting bugs. But at least, maybe wait a few days for the next version of the beta? There's some changes that you'd might like to have (like being able to see what Pokemon won't be affected by the evolution chamber).
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 14, 2017, 07:17:43 pm »

With the current pace I'm going at, it would be around 3-4 weeks until 1.1 is completed. I'd say wait, because the beta is going through quite a few changes, and there's been some interesting bugs. But at least, maybe wait a few days for the next version of the beta? There's some changes that you'd might like to have (like being able to see what Pokemon won't be affected by the evolution chamber).
3-4 weeks doesn't sound too bad! It's up to you guys though; I'm fine with either, but a completed 1.1 sounds nice. At the same time, we can get a head start if we just did the beta.

And I can gladly give you the second turn, Nopal! I'll probably generate a... small world, just to save FPS? But again, it's up to you guys.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 14, 2017, 08:44:50 pm »

3-4 weeks doesn't sound too bad!
Agreed; I vote for waiting. And, needless to say, I'm going to want a turn.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 15, 2017, 03:13:13 am »

If it will be artifact versin already, i'm probably taking a turn too.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 16, 2017, 03:54:25 pm »

If it will be artifact versin already, i'm probably taking a turn too.
If everyone says we're doing it on the next Dwarvemon edition, we're doing it on the next Dwarvemon edition.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27