Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Scrolls lying around not taken to Bookcases  (Read 2787 times)

Szkeptik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Scrolls lying around not taken to Bookcases
« on: April 23, 2017, 03:55:12 am »

Hi!

I've had this issue in more than one fort. Usually in the inn a scroll or codex will be on the ground and there's no way for me to get the dwarves to take it to the library. I tried dumping it and forbid unforbid, but none of it helps.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scrolls lying around not taken to Bookcases
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 08:07:15 am »

There's a bug that locks up all hauling. My memory is hazy, but I think some item got blocked from hauling, and that somehow stalled a hauling queue. I think it's also related to scholars ceasing to write new books. Hopefully someone else has a better memory.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 06:18:10 am »

I personally think the issue is dwarves claiming them as property. Usually I find scrolls stuck in the mayor's office, etc.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 02:52:53 am »

It doesn't always help, but you can try building something -a table, a chair, a box etc- on top of the unhauled scroll. This seems to sometimes unbug the item. Sometimes it doesn't. But it's worth a try. You can unbuild the table again afterwards.

Also, scrolls in my fort are kept in a grown wooden chest we got from the elves when we were selling off some XXclothingXX. Perhaps you could build a chest in the library, next to the bookcase? I have a manufactured items stockpile for books, quires and the like in the room next to the library. Funny how many of them end up sitting on that stockpile instead of being put back on the shelves or into the library chest, but it all cycles around eventually.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!