Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Time Paradox Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Win  (Read 39967 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Time Paradox Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Win
« on: April 23, 2017, 04:19:54 am »

The time stream has been shattered. People skip through it, waking up three days ago, or twenty years in the future. Some people (and groundhogs) are doomed to live through the same day for years on end. You nine have learned to manipulate your passage through time, and have gathered to find a way to restore order to the world. However, it's all but guaranteed that some will do anything to hold on to their newfound power...

Welcome to Time Paradox Mafia! There are no hidden mechanics, the semi-bastard rating is simply a warning to expect some strange interactions over the course of the game? What kind of strange interactions? Well, it all stems from one thing: as the Shakespearean level flavour suggests, your night actions don't have to resolve on the night you submit them. As a result, by saving (or killing) someone last night, you can also affect today's lynch result!

Rules:
* Every player has a resource called AP, which probably stands for Action Points (or Annoying Parrot).
* Players begin the game on 0AP and gain 1 at the end of each night phase.
* Each action has an AP cost.
* Players can only take an action if their AP is 0 or greater, but can stockpile any amount of AP. They can spend any amount of AP on their actions, but can't go below -4AP. (Any action whose resolution would put a player below -4AP will fail).
* Players can submit any number of actions each night phase as long as they have enough AP to pay for them all. If they don't, they will attempt resolution in the order submitted.
* Players may have an action resolve one night earlier for an additional 2AP, or two nights earlier for an additional 4AP. They can also delay an action by one night for free. (The game will start on D1, but you can have an action happen on N0 if you really want to).
* A time paradox occurs when an action results in that action being unable to be submitted (e.g. during N3, a players submits a roleblock to resolve on N2, blocking the person who protected them from a kill on N2). In the case of a time paradox, all involved players will die, ignoring anything that would prevent them being killed.

Other rules
* Days last 72 hours, with up to two extensions available. Nights last 48 hours. Weekends don't count toward a this.
* Extensions require 51% of players to vote for them.
* There are no hammers, but the day can be shortened to end immediately if 75% of players vote for it.

Players
* TheDarkStar
* BlackHeartKabal
* Tiruin
* juicebox [Killed Night 0]
* Teneb
* Roseheart [Lynched D1]
* FallacyOfUrist
* roo [Killed Night 0]
* caz
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 05:39:22 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Time Paradox Mafia [0/9] (Semi-bastard)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 06:16:12 am »

Ye.

in

Sounds like a total headache for me, but I need something outside of my comfort zone.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 08:18:36 am »

Sounds like a lot of WIFOM to me.

I'd like to apologize for talking shit about this setup in deadchat, I thought it was something else.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 09:06:31 am »

In, this looks really interesting.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 10:15:47 am »

In
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 06:51:55 pm »

Thank you for reminding me to put Achron on my steam wishlist.

In

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 07:42:19 pm »

Ooooh, shenanigans.

In.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 08:09:34 pm »

I'm actually going to out because I should probably play Vengeful mafia, I'm too reliant on power roles so I should get some experience without them existing.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 01:37:25 am »

Oh, I am watching this one.

Question though, since it would get asked by someone eventually:
Are people able to make past actions occur after they die?
Example: Player 1 gets lynched D2, but never did anything N1, so still has an Annoying Parrot, and decides to travel back to N1 (before the lynch) to kill someone. Is that legal?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 02:32:03 am »

In please

I'd like to apologize for talking shit about this setup in deadchat, I thought it was something else.
You...kinda did that for the whole sub-board though ._. It was a nice rant, but the pointy bits were spiking the rest of the quality content.

And/or I was just spiked by those pointy bits.

. . .You In? :3
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:42:10 am by Tiruin »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 03:30:23 am »

can someone revive those killed via paradox by resolving the paradox?
ex: P1 Nks P2, P3 protects P2, P2 retro-blocks P3, P1, P2, P3 Paradox-killed... then P4 retro-redirects P2 to P5.
Do P1, P2, and P3 revive from the paradox-kill?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 07:02:46 am »

Oh, I am watching this one.

Question though, since it would get asked by someone eventually:
Are people able to make past actions occur after they die?
Example: Player 1 gets lynched D2, but never did anything N1, so still has an Annoying Parrot, and decides to travel back to N1 (before the lynch) to kill someone. Is that legal?
No, players have to be alive to submit actions. Any of their delayed actions will still resolve even if they're dead though.

can someone revive those killed via paradox by resolving the paradox?
ex: P1 Nks P2, P3 protects P2, P2 retro-blocks P3, P1, P2, P3 Paradox-killed... then P4 retro-redirects P2 to P5.
Do P1, P2, and P3 revive from the paradox-kill?
In theory, sure.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:26:01 am by Deus Asmoth »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Time Paradox Mafia [5/9] (Semi-bastard)
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 09:35:11 am »

In terms of gameplay, will a retroactive action affect the day game? (eg player 1 casts the deciding vote on player 2 on D2, player 3 submits an action on N2 that retroactively kills player 1 on N1)

Never mind, notetoself: read the OP properly first.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 11:39:20 pm »

* Players begin the game on 0AP and gain 1 at the end of each night phase.
Just to be silly about this: We can't gain action points any other way, yes? :)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 05:07:45 am »

Now that would be telling, wouldn't it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18