Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Time Paradox Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Win  (Read 40146 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Time Paradox Mafia [6/9] Day 2; One third gone
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2017, 10:13:32 am »

I'mma town phoenix, I rez people using the power of moebius strips or something. Still think massclaiming on day2 is dumb though.

Yeah Teneb my original vote was really just to put pressure on you and see who'd join the bandwagon. Results were interesting.

Been keeping up with the thread a bit but haven't had the time to post, tomorrow or smt.

Tiruin - joined the vote then changed mind after awhile. possible 'look i almost bussed, i'm totes town' play? also already claimed 3rd party and i don't really believe that 'yea i will help town!!' stuff
BHK - nutter with a gun. vigs are always liabilities
TDS - so quiet.
FoU/Teneb - likelihood of two cops being town? seems a bit much. one of them.

I am thinking Teneb+Tiruin possibly but if FoU survives tomorrow I will wonder why.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2017, 10:20:16 am »

Actually, hold on. if a paradox happens Tiruin wins alone? If so, we need to lynch Tiruin today.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2017, 10:45:33 am »

Re-reading the thread there's no way that Tiruin's ability isn't maf-orientated. They can nullify all the abilities of the town members killed n0, which to maf means nothing, they WANT people dead. From the other claims there isn't really anything that would make that balanced at all, unless TDS is hiding a nuke up his ass.

Moving kills earlier = good
Moving pretty much any other ability earlier (except vig. which makes the vig read more town to me now) = bad

Tiruin

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time Paradox Mafia [9/9] Day 1; Days of Future Past
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2017, 10:49:05 am »

Everybody else - I suspect that the majority of town are very strong power roles, and the mafia have time manipulation to account for this.

Forgot to include this in my last post. Do you still agree with yourself BHK?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2017, 12:29:54 pm »

...huh, I thought I posted already.

Anyway: BlackHeartKabal:

We massclaiming?
I'm a Vig. I killed Roo on N0.
Err ._. you missed the note way back?
> Why, and reason on target, please :3

Also!

I targeted:
> ROO
> TENEB
> FOU
> BHK
And moved their actions one day earlier. Meaning N0.
I already acted N0 though.
...You already acted on N0 meaning you CHOSE to act on N0?
1 - With the lack of leads, I simply chose to shoot roo.
2 - Yes.

How is this a town-oriented action? It's not just that you killed roo early without any info, it's that you moved it back an additional night (which makes it even harder for someone to stop it). It just seems like a way for scum to get rid of someone and then get away with it.

I'm a roleblocker. Well, I remove 1 AP from people (+1 per time I use the action), but given the setup I'm effectively a roleblocker. Last night I targeted juicebox (because something about his posts gave me a funny feeling) but he died.

And before you say anything about that causing a paradox, see Deus Asmoth's response to my question. Targeting dead people does not cause a paradox.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2017, 05:54:51 pm »

Everybody else - I suspect that the majority of town are very strong power roles, and the mafia have time manipulation to account for this.

Forgot to include this in my last post. Do you still agree with yourself BHK?
No.

Anyway: BlackHeartKabal:

We massclaiming?
I'm a Vig. I killed Roo on N0.
Err ._. you missed the note way back?
> Why, and reason on target, please :3

Also!

I targeted:
> ROO
> TENEB
> FOU
> BHK
And moved their actions one day earlier. Meaning N0.
I already acted N0 though.
...You already acted on N0 meaning you CHOSE to act on N0?
1 - With the lack of leads, I simply chose to shoot roo.
2 - Yes.

How is this a town-oriented action? It's not just that you killed roo early without any info, it's that you moved it back an additional night (which makes it even harder for someone to stop it). It just seems like a way for scum to get rid of someone and then get away with it.

I'm a roleblocker. Well, I remove 1 AP from people (+1 per time I use the action), but given the setup I'm effectively a roleblocker. Last night I targeted juicebox (because something about his posts gave me a funny feeling) but he died.

And before you say anything about that causing a paradox, see Deus Asmoth's response to my question. Targeting dead people does not cause a paradox.
I'd say that, in the absence of evidence, killing roo is a town oriented action.

Teneb, then TDS/Tir, I guess?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2017, 05:59:34 pm »

I'd say that, in the absence of evidence, killing roo is a town oriented action.

Random shooting when you have a 75% chance of hitting town/third party is town-orientated to you? Lol.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2017, 06:34:03 pm »

Actually, hold on. if a paradox happens Tiruin wins alone? If so, we need to lynch Tiruin today.
Da heck @_@
I was the FIRST PERSON WHO FULL CLAIMED and this is the reasoning I waited upon (with a total lack of anything following up on Teneb)

I'mma town phoenix, I rez people using the power of moebius strips or something. Still think massclaiming on day2 is dumb though.

Yeah Teneb my original vote was really just to put pressure on you and see who'd join the bandwagon. Results were interesting.

Been keeping up with the thread a bit but haven't had the time to post, tomorrow or smt.

Tiruin - joined the vote then changed mind after awhile. possible 'look i almost bussed, i'm totes town' play? also already claimed 3rd party and i don't really believe that 'yea i will help town!!' stuff
And nooooo reasoning whatsoever :v

Re-reading the thread there's no way that Tiruin's ability isn't maf-orientated. They can nullify all the abilities of the town members killed n0, which to maf means nothing, they WANT people dead. From the other claims there isn't really anything that would make that balanced at all, unless TDS is hiding a nuke up his ass.

Moving kills earlier = good
Moving pretty much any other ability earlier (except vig. which makes the vig read more town to me now) = bad

Tiruin
-.-
"No way that Tiri's ability isn't Mafia oriented!"
> No reasoning otherwise whatsoever.
"They can nullify all the abilities"
> You didn't read what I wrote :v I FULLCLAIMED.

Meaning I claimed FULLY WHAT THE ABILITY WAS.

Goodness what's with low activity + horrible reading comprehension in the short term :I
Caz, get yo reeds right I: I have -3 AP.  There is no way I can bloody act.
Gods, it's like people jumped ship and went 'PARADOX ONLY WEN DED!', when a paradox can happen if people DID NOT DIE, which is why I initially VOTED TENEB, because he couldn't HAVE acted on Roo (meaning his action would've failed) TIL (ok, moreso remembered than learned) that I targeted HIM too.

Dudes :I Y U do dis.

Teneb, then TDS/Tir, I guess?
Yeeeep, I'ma have dat feel that people aren't really reading and instead just planning lynches. -_-
Nice thinking BHK :v

Yes. It does.
Because if the person you acted upon is dead, and you couldn't have acted before--you cannot willingly target a dead person as that cancels your action -_-

Deus Asmoth: Can investigations cause paradoxes? For example, if you attempt to investigate someone and they are retroactively killed that same night, does it cause a paradox? Or are you just attempting to investigate a dead person?
You'd just be attempting to investigate a dead person.
What does this mean for the player, Deus Asmoth?
Because your PMs to me had more clarity than this :P

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2017, 07:41:48 pm »

Tiruin, the fact that I'm not dead means that visiting a dead person doesn't cause a paradox. If I'm reading the rules right, paradoxes only happen when you have a set of actions that can't be resolved. Basically grandfather-type paradox stuff. For example:

N1: Player A attempts to kill player B, player C protects player B
N2: Player B blocks Player C on n1.

Then the question is, did player C protect player B or not? If yes, then he's retroactively blocked. If no, he's not blocked because Player B is dead. As a result, players B and C die (but not A because nothing is stopping his action).

Deus Asmoth: Is my explanation/understanding of the rules correct?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2017, 09:54:57 pm »

Tiruin, the fact that I'm not dead means that visiting a dead person doesn't cause a paradox. If I'm reading the rules right, paradoxes only happen when you have a set of actions that can't be resolved. Basically grandfather-type paradox stuff.
TDS, the only reason why the paradox didn't work is because we're using the common action order. I know this because DA told me that in PMs. Which he didn't apparently make public :V

Deus Asmoth: Action order please. Public. Thankies.

As in, whatever you did goes before the kill. Person was alive back then.

So as with the lacking case on Teneb, and FoU INVESTIGATING Caz as true, and me being all weird to BHK, I'm pinpointing either of FoU/TDS or FoU/Caz :v as scum.
Because I believe Teneb, and BHK is weird but there has been NO counterclaim, and there's no way that he could've killed twice -.-

So either one of y'all 3 who are taking the SAFE ROOT.
Although y'know, you can lynch me by making a silly case and then lose the game for Town. -_-
Which I don't want. (Please don't hate me Mafia, I don't know who you are too, so that makes it fairsies)

Although...
Deus Asmoth: If a person died on an earlier night but was alive due to movement of actions (eg Kill action), the flip will be on the next night in normal order, or will you edit the previous night with their flip that they were killed in?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2017, 02:40:53 pm »

Tiruin, the fact that I'm not dead means that visiting a dead person doesn't cause a paradox. If I'm reading the rules right, paradoxes only happen when you have a set of actions that can't be resolved. Basically grandfather-type paradox stuff.
TDS, the only reason why the paradox didn't work is because we're using the common action order. I know this because DA told me that in PMs. Which he didn't apparently make public :V

On action order, the game is reasonably close to standard action resolution, with protects/blocks etc. going before kills, inspects and so on. A couple of special actions go before protects.
If you want more specifics, the resolution would typically go fast!other>blocks>protects>inspects/slow!other>kill>actions affecting dead players (though these actions wouldn't be blocked by a kill affecting their user on the same night).

Deus Asmoth: If a person died on an earlier night but was alive due to movement of actions (eg Kill action), the flip will be on the next night in normal order, or will you edit the previous night with their flip that they were killed in?
Any flips are revealed on the day phase following the action taking effect, even if that action affected a previous night, simply for convenience.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 14, 2017, 06:05:57 am »

I'm at odds with wondering if Town wants to win given this activity, or wondering if people are motivated to post because of how gridlocked this is. Either way I'm going to vote on the premise I posted about back there.

Because I've been waiting all weekend for posts :P

If you want more specifics, the resolution would typically go fast!other>blocks>protects>inspects/slow!other>kill>actions affecting dead players (though these actions wouldn't be blocked by a kill affecting their user on the same night).
How will acting on a dead person by time-shifting action occur?
What is the result on acting on a dead person?
What is the result on WILLING acting on a dead person?
Is there any difference between the two?
Can you act on a dead person? (ie Roo, as of now in this time)

I'm betting there's an either/or on Teneb or FoU being scum, but with lacking details and more daygame to go on, I'm hedging my bets that one of them is scum given that:
1. NOBODY is contradicting BHK (BHK, we need more activity, can you post there too please? Thanks ahead!)
2. That means BHK is literally cleared.
3. To expound, that means BHK killed twice or once and had his stuff moved--I claimed to move him, that implicates me with him but two people died and NOBODY ELSE IS CLAIMING. Or even trying to touch him with a ten foot pole.

Hence it'll help for people to protect him tonight.

4. Outside of all that, I'm pretty much the only person who told everyone everything firsthand -_- Caz, you're being silly.
UNLESS YOU AND FOU ARE SCUM.

So out of all 6:
Tiruin
FallacyOfUrist
Teneb
Caz
BlackHeartKabal
TheDarkStar

TDS and Teneb claimed they targeted people who died. TDS targeted Juicebox. Teneb targeted Roo.
Tiruin targeted (FoU/Roo/BHK/Teneb)
FoU claimed inspecting Caz, didn't give any details further. Said she's Town.
Caz is a...phoenix? So...err, somehow this shouldn't be claimed but that is a seemingly custom/unorthodox role.
BHK claimed he killed someone AT NIGHT ZERO, without my prompting.

That means someone died N0 or N1. Problem being that kills are announced on the after when they're intended to happen (so you can clearly track me without even needing to do so.

So some obv town folks:
Caz (Unless tied with FoU)
BHK (infallible :V)
leaving FoU, Teneb, TDS, and myself [I'm a third party :V]
SO OUT OF THE THREE, it'd be hilarious if the person I targeted is town -.-
FallacyOfUrist
Cop claims are strong, but you had time to back yours up.
You didn't.

Because if FoU is town, then Teneb and TDS are scum--both claimed targeting people who are dead.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 06:08:17 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 14, 2017, 06:07:38 am »

Anyway: BlackHeartKabal
Also for the record, while this may be fishy given the reasoning I've posted, I'm seeing this more as a 'response push vote' rather than a legitimate vote.

TDS: Are you serious with your vote position?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 14, 2017, 06:09:01 am »

« Last Edit: Today at 06:08:17 am by Tiruin »
Yeah just because I've slow net and broke my quote on Deus Asm enveloping everything after it. -_-
HMPF.
At least it's fixed >_>

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2017, 07:48:57 am »

Why do you care who's scum, aren't you a third party who needs to cause a paradox?
While I'm adherent to my wincon, this doesn't stop me from being a player and playing. :V
Even if I've a wincon that basically "doesn't care", to appeal to the third-party stigma, that doesn't mean I can play. :I

...Also y'know, unless someone refreshes me, I've lost, because I'm at -3Ap? And that means a pretty pretty narrow hole for my actions :P
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18