Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Time Paradox Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Win  (Read 40135 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Time Paradox Mafia [6/9] Day 2; One third gone
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2017, 09:02:24 am »

Okay, why are you voting me instead of no lynching? As you said, assuming there's two mafia, it's MYLO. If we lynch wrong today, there won't be any more scum hunting, that's it. If we no lynch, and scum only kill once, it'll be LYLO instead of game end.

Why did you use up all your AP on Night 1 instead of drawing it out and giving you more chance to win?

FallacyOfUrist
Cop claims are strong, but you had time to back yours up.
You didn't.
I had one night to act.
~~~
And I'm fairly sure we've got a Teneb-Tiruin scumteam now.
~~~
Re-reading the thread there's no way that Tiruin's ability isn't maf-orientated. They can nullify all the abilities of the town members killed n0, which to maf means nothing, they WANT people dead. From the other claims there isn't really anything that would make that balanced at all, unless TDS is hiding a nuke up his ass.

Moving kills earlier = good
Moving pretty much any other ability earlier (except vig. which makes the vig read more town to me now) = bad

Tiruin
I do agree with you, but if we don't unify our votes, we'll get a no lynch because both Tiruin and Teneb happen to be voting me. Please help me lynch Teneb now and if I'm still alive tomorrow, we can lynch Tiruin. Alternatively, if BlackHeartKabal switches votes to Tiruin, I'll change vote to her as well.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2017, 09:11:03 am »

Okay, why are you voting me instead of no lynching? As you said, assuming there's two mafia, it's MYLO. If we lynch wrong today, there won't be any more scum hunting, that's it. If we no lynch, and scum only kill once, it'll be LYLO instead of game end.

Why did you use up all your AP on Night 1 instead of drawing it out and giving you more chance to win?
It is LYLO -.-
3 Town
2 Mafia
Technical LYLO.
It can't be MYLO because the Mafia don't need me dead to win, because I'm not against ANYONE IN PARTICULAR.
As in Town or Mafia can win and I'll lose if I can't accomplish my wincondition. There is NOTHING else in the wincondition saying anything other than 'be part of, or cause, a paradox'.

Just because you only read that after I booped you? :P
Because that's pretty much the ripest time to cause a paradox. Night 0.

I had one night to act.
>_> Yes. But you didn't detail ANYTHING other than saying 'I inspected Caz, she's town'.

And I'm fairly sure we've got a Teneb-Tiruin scumteam now.
::)
This game is just a brevity of details, innit?

You're fairly sure but lacking details to back it up. Yeah you're really pushing my certainty on you actually being scum here.

I do agree with you, but if we don't unify our votes, we'll get a no lynch because both Tiruin and Teneb happen to be voting me. Please help me lynch Teneb now and if I'm still alive tomorrow, we can lynch Tiruin. Alternatively, if BlackHeartKabal switches votes to Tiruin, I'll change vote to her as well.
IF YOU ARE TOWN, VOTING ME WILL CAUSE YOU TO LOSE.
I cannot make that any more plain than that. -_-
With a lack of detail from MANY OTHER PEOPLE HERE, I'm pretty much being the most detailed I can, and yet I'm facing a blatant wall because there's no communication on the receiver's part.
It's just 'oh let's vote Tiruin because she's scum'

And nothing conducive to even being aligned to the wincondition of TOWN.
Which is to UNDERSTAND who is SCUM and what prevents them from WINNING their WINCONDITION. :I

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2017, 09:19:29 am »

Although technically Town can still win with lynching me (why -_-), because BHK is an uncontested claimant of a vigilante who can SOMEHOW choose to act when to shoot and he shot at N0 FOR SOME REASON by his own behest.

It's pretty inefficient, especially with a LACK of a case being brought by the complaint of the one being voted.

The basic reasons why I'm voting FallacyOfUrist boils down to that--the lack of essence in his push in pulling out details. Even a simple 'why' on why you inspected Caz would suffice, alongside details as to why you think Teneb-Tiruin is scum, or even basic reads on the other 5 people around you.

None of that is happening, so I'm either assuming the other FIVE people here are busy busy busy, or there are 2 scum really hiding in the wood work.

Besides that, there is no discussion that MY WHOLE ROSTER OF PEOPLE that acted on N0 are inapplicable for being targeted because their actions are technically at N0; unless anyone can subvert my actions, which I doubt given the claims, that means those who ARE OUTSIDE OF THAT LIST can be prominent targets if people want to subvert this situation into people NOT being dead (or y'know, BHK is somehow lying that he acted N0 when that doesn't even matter because I moved his action to happen on N0, and people can manipulate his action on N1 instead, when the best course is manipulating MY action since I targeted 4 people)

Other than our vigilante-who-is-uncontested, activity is at an all time weekend low ._.
And brevity is taking the fore with all the other posts here, other than mine and Teneb.
Try refuting that point before calling people scum please, just because we're typing stuff. :/

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2017, 09:27:16 am »

Quote from: Claims
Tiruin: Rewinder(causes an action to occur 1 night earlier).

Teneb: Role cop, action unaffected by actions that resolve after it.

FallacyofUrist: Alignment cop.
Investigated Caz N1, pushed back to N0, got town result.

BHK: Vigilante.
Killed roo N0.

Unclaimed:
TheDarkStar, Caz
Interesting how only one player has any additional stuff to their action. That includes the dead players, and the only player that sorta-kinda violates that rule is the third party.

The one player that has something more than a single action? Teneb. And one would expect mafia to have a bit more power per role than town...
It's backed up by the fact that TheDarkStar and Caz also don't have secondary abilities.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2017, 09:31:20 am »

Oh.

I investigated Caz because of how much she supported Roseheart.
~~~
It is LYLO -.-
3 Town
2 Mafia
Technical LYLO.
My statement that it's MYLO assumes that you're scum.

Because that's pretty much the ripest time to cause a paradox. Night 0.
Why? And seriously, why didn't you just save your AP? You could have waited until the massclaim now and modified actions based on what people claimed to cause a paradox... instead you just act at random?
Also, that's quite a gamble. You ruined your chance of winning by spending all your AP at once. Maybe that could have worked, but it was a ridiculous gamble.

Basically I'm saying you're scum because your vote happened to align with Teneb's vote, and because you didn't play to your claimed wincon all that well when there's obvious better choices for how to do so. And I've already stated why I think Teneb is scum.
~~~
Ah, I'm an idiot. The above post was supposed to be a part of this one, replacing this sentence.
Generic Arms Race.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2017, 09:53:35 am »

And my only point for Teneb was his day activity >_<

EITHER of you three though :I because I can shift my vote to Teneb as per uncertainty.

Also please notice that BHK has an additional point to his stuff, at least that's what I assume because of the note of 'being able to act at a time away from my time'. Because a regular vigilante does NOT have this kind of choice--or at least, he has the choice of multishooting, because of the Annoying Parrots, but he could choose to act on N0? Nothing mentioning that kind of ability anywhere, and I'm only using the dead as cross-comparison.

Also sorry if I sounded mean .-. the thought just hit me that the activity is reasonable to be at this rate given how many are alive.
Noting however:
2 Third-parties [Roseheart's actions were...very unfriendly to Town though -_-]
So in a 7 player game, that's pretty much making it a 2/5, assuming nobody else is third parties.

Now out of us 6:
We've got 2 claiming Inspect/Cop, with FoU marking Teneb as different in ability. [FoU/Teneb] {FoU/Teneb; I don't see anything about 'action unaffected by actions resolving after it' though. Maybe people misinterpreted (...like myself too? :-[) that I targeted Teneb, hence moving his action to N0, thereby CLEARING him in my eyes from doubt because it really fixes up the things he said before I even claimed.
One Vigilante, who can seemingly shoot whenever, at least give or take a day. [BHK] {here}
A Phoenix, who...resurrects others, so that goes against a technical LYLO and is good, but may tie with FoU being scum because a really solid claim is on both extremes of 'convincing' and 'utterly winning if a fakeclaim' [Caz] {Same page as the TDS link}
Me, hopefully the only third party left alive [Tiruin]
And [TDS], has claimed a roleblocker

Although when you did mention no lynch, I'm also okay with that, but the reasoning may not help as much given the context of...the situation.

Oh.

I investigated Caz because of how much she supported Roseheart.
But...he was obviously a non-party at that point? :/
And moreso tied to TDS?

It is LYLO -.-
3 Town
2 Mafia
Technical LYLO.
My statement that it's MYLO assumes that you're scum.
Yes but...that's the point. It may help a lot more to include everything I've done D2 to add into it. Like my whole claim there, and how it matches with Teneb being scum too.
And me also mentioning the layout of the game as-is, because you'll have to go after what I've written (or dismiss it entirely, that's also possible and I think what you're assuming in turn?)

Why? And seriously, why didn't you just save your AP? You could have waited until the massclaim now and modified actions based on what people claimed to cause a paradox... instead you just act at random?
WHY would anyone massclaim when most of my actions caused the thing happening today :-\
I could've waited...OR, given the information at N1, and the opportunity at N0, I could've acted and caused a paradox by making players' actions not applicable. That means also happening before people can even act, which means ALSO not killing them >_<

Also, that's quite a gamble. You ruined your chance of winning by spending all your AP at once. Maybe that could have worked, but it was a ridiculous gamble.
That's...basically my point???
Because it's either I win and get out, or I stay back. It's best at N0 and that's all I'm saying on this matter, however :P

Basically I'm saying you're scum because your vote happened to align with Teneb's vote, and because you didn't play to your claimed wincon all that well when there's obvious better choices for how to do so. And I've already stated why I think Teneb is scum.
Err...the orange bit doesn't make me scum because I apparently voted you; I've reasons why I picked you out, and those reasons aren't being acknowledged whatsoever (just because you dislike Teneb and go versus his claim of a cop, doesn't mean I am with him just because I voted you. Read it this way--in my perspective, his is more believable, because a fakeclaim from scum targets literally ANYONE and can mostly be right unless you hit a third-party. He picked a non-action, especially before me mentioning my actions)

because you didn't play to your claimed wincon all that well when there's obvious better choices for how to do so.
Um ._.
Your predictions don't make 'my play not going with my wincon'.
It's like assuming the present, as if it is the past, when it isn't, because I've affected seemingly a few people.

And mostly, the discussion veers away from the SCUMKILL which has targeted one of the two dead TOWNIES.
Who is pretty much JUICEBOX.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2017, 10:10:59 am »

Tiruin, the fact that I'm not dead means that visiting a dead person doesn't cause a paradox. If I'm reading the rules right, paradoxes only happen when you have a set of actions that can't be resolved. Basically grandfather-type paradox stuff.
TDS, the only reason why the paradox didn't work is because we're using the common action order. I know this because DA told me that in PMs. Which he didn't apparently make public :V

Deus Asmoth: Action order please. Public. Thankies.

If you want more specifics, the resolution would typically go fast!other>blocks>protects>inspects/slow!other>kill>actions affecting dead players (though these actions wouldn't be blocked by a kill affecting their user on the same night).
How will acting on a dead person by time-shifting action occur?
What is the result on acting on a dead person?
What is the result on WILLING acting on a dead person?
Is there any difference between the two?
Can you act on a dead person? (ie Roo, as of now in this time)
If an action attempts to occur on a dead person, the action will basically do nothing. It won't be treated as failing completely, because if the target is later made to have been alive on the night the action would have otherwise occurred it will do so. There is no difference between this being voluntary or the result of someone else's interference. You can attempt to act on a dead person, but in most cases this means you're wasting an action unless someone else makes them have been alive for the result.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2017, 10:20:36 am »

Also for conciseness, why I'm voting FoU, in comparison to Teneb...

Is that BHK claimed a kill (Priority link #1), that is uncontested. Weirdly, but that's acceptable.

And, Juicebox died as a BODYGUARD ON NIGHT ZERO.
Meaning someone out of my 4 targets was the killer.

Meaning not Roo.
meaning not BHK.
Meaning ONE OF FallacyOfUrist and Teneb.

I'm unsure why this hasn't been the major point of discussion ever.

If an action attempts to occur on a dead person, the action will basically do nothing. It won't be treated as failing completely, because if the target is later made to have been alive on the night the action would have otherwise occurred it will do so. There is no difference between this being voluntary or the result of someone else's interference. You can attempt to act on a dead person, but in most cases this means you're wasting an action unless someone else makes them have been alive for the result.
>_>
Deus Asmoth: Is there any situation where, outside of roleblocks and kills and redirects and protects, a paradox can happen?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2017, 11:50:52 am »

Deus Asmoth: Is there any situation where, outside of roleblocks and kills and redirects and protects, a paradox can happen?
Kill interactions do make up the bulk of the ones I was thinking of when the game was designed, yes.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 14, 2017, 04:35:06 pm »

Okay, you think scum is one of me and Teneb.
Except this isn't in comparison to Teneb at all. It's just reasoning saying why either me or Teneb is scum(good reasoning), but it doesn't really compare me and Teneb at all.

And again, why are you pushing for a lynch when a no lynch will (slightly) increase the chance of fulfilling your win condition?
Generic Arms Race.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 14, 2017, 10:08:08 pm »

Okay, you think scum is one of me and Teneb.
Except this isn't in comparison to Teneb at all. It's just reasoning saying why either me or Teneb is scum(good reasoning), but it doesn't really compare me and Teneb at all.
You're probably not including the whole juicebox thing in the quote there. Alongside the note that given all this time, you're not pushing your case on Teneb AND INSTEAD VOTING ME. :P

And again, why are you pushing for a lynch when a no lynch will (slightly) increase the chance of fulfilling your win condition?
Does 2 Mafia do 1 kill?
1 Mafia does 1 kill. :3
1 Mafia less makes Town more encouraged to do things.

It's pretty much a point in between there that makes me want to lynch people who are Mafia, yes. :v
Or, we can lynch Teneb :^ Sure.
But you're not making a good case at all, what with all these opportunities.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2017, 11:36:54 pm »

Alright, by my count we have a tied vote, so I'll vote FoU. Why? Basically, I don't see his case on Tiruin at all (Tiruin tends to play this way as town/3p, and FoU says that Tiruin is playing badly because it's MYLO, but that only makes sense if Tiruin is scum in the first place; with Tiruin as a 3p as claimed, it's actually LYLO so wanting to urgently lynch someone makes sense). Also, his cop claim is easy to fake (mafia tell people who the non-mafia are pretty easily), as opposed to Teneb's, which is not easy to fake. And I'm pretty sure one of Teneb and FoU are scum given the claimed actions so far.

...I'll detail stuff a bit more later, but I wanted to get this vote out to avoid losing at LYLO because of inaction.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2017, 03:54:57 am »

Sorry, missed the day end due to stuff happening. Will process results as soon as I can.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2017, 12:37:03 pm »

Votecount:
TheDarkStar
BlackHeartKabal
Tiruin (1): Caz
Teneb (2): BHK, FOU
FallacyOfUrist (3): Teneb, Tiruin, TDS
caz

FallacyofUrist has been lynched. They were a Town Cop.

Spoiler: Role (click to show/hide)

Night 2 has begun, and will end on Thursday the 17th at 23:00, or Wednesday at the same time if all actions are submitted by that point.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Time Paradox Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Win
« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2017, 05:38:52 pm »

Night 2 has ended.

Caz has been killed. They were a Town Phoenix.

BlackHeartKabal has been killed. They were a Town Vigilante.

Caz has been revived.

TheDarkStar and Teneb have won!

Roseheart has won!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18