Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Time Paradox Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Win  (Read 39478 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Time Paradox Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Win
« Reply #240 on: August 17, 2017, 05:44:19 pm »

...Did BHK shoot me?

w
t
f

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2017, 05:50:01 pm »

Roles:
Spoiler: Teneb (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TDS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: roseheart (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: roo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FOU (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: juicebox (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Caz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: BHK (click to show/hide)

Scumchat
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2017, 05:53:38 pm »

Two mafkills per night? O_o

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2017, 05:54:09 pm »

Welp, I guess that multiple actions were always going to make it a short game. I was kind of expecting the mafia to be a bit on the underpowered side, which is why the sort-of mafia-ally was there. Tiruin's role definitely needed some buffing up, it probably should have just been able to redirect stuff since as-is it needs both far too much knowledge of actions and too much luck to be in any way reliable. It might work in a game that went longer, but not one like this. Those are my random thoughts at the moment.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 17, 2017, 05:55:40 pm »

All actions run off the same system. There was meant to be a balance put on it, but it should definitely have been the number of kills submitted on a given night that increased the cost of them, not the number that were actioned on a given night.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 17, 2017, 06:12:38 pm »

Wow. Two mafiakills.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2017, 07:43:30 pm »

And that fakeclaim, kids, is why I'm top of the class.

Also, shameless advertisement: I need two players for King of the Mafia. So if you want another game RIGHT NOW, send me a PM with a role.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 17, 2017, 08:25:42 pm »

You forgot the Xylbot role list.

Sorry DA
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 17, 2017, 09:45:07 pm »

Im posting from phone here but what.

Also that wasnt good play, roseheart >_>
Alsoalso it was vitally important for people to remembrr the AP rules.
It didnt seem like many, did <_< or...this is a classic example of why it is important to also dayplay.

We really didnt have good activity.
And that fakeclaim, kids, is why I'm top of the class.

Also, shameless advertisement: I need two players for King of the Mafia. So if you want another game RIGHT NOW, send me a PM with a role.
it was more that your competition didnt ping right either. If I was town (which I basically acted as in all but wincon), you were 1cm right next to being voted despite FOUs play.
But hmph :I I also felt real edgy on TDS' way of his last post but then night happened ._.

All actions run off the same system. There was meant to be a balance put on it, but it should definitely have been the number of kills submitted on a given night that increased the cost of them, not the number that were actioned on a given night.
that was unbalanced right out :P
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:11:18 pm by Tiruin »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2017, 11:34:17 pm »

Balance comments:
I agree that the scum were a bit too strong - one kill per night would have been enough.
It seemed really hard for Tiruin to win - it might have been better to give her a kill or at least a roleblock
Delayed actions didn't seem that useful; maybe make them cost less than just submitting a normal action?

That said, I liked the general set of rules and I would definitely play another game where time travel worked like this.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 18, 2017, 08:13:14 am »

Balance comments:
I agree that the scum were a bit too strong - one kill per night would have been enough.
It seemed really hard for Tiruin to win - it might have been better to give her a kill or at least a roleblock
Delayed actions didn't seem that useful; maybe make them cost less than just submitting a normal action?

That said, I liked the general set of rules and I would definitely play another game where time travel worked like this.
Basically this.

Totally called it on Teneb being scum. Pay no attention to Tiruin not being scum.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 18, 2017, 12:10:14 pm »

Also that wasnt good play, roseheart >_>

Actually served a good purpose though. Roseheart was effectively a maf ally (though I'm not sure if they were informed of that?) so using all their posts to just confuse everyone day1 was useful to them. If they had no idea of TDS' alignment it was stupid though.

Annoyed I didn't get back before the day2 end but from what I can see even if I'd changed to help lynch Teneb  TDS will have still put his vote on FoU. Shit even with a successful res we still lost, vigs need to not randomshoot.

Alsoalso it was vitally important for people to remembrr the AP rules.
It didnt seem like many, did <_< or...this is a classic example of why it is important to also dayplay.

AP balance was strange imo. The game starts with 5/9 players being town and they have two kills, while town has to deal with a jester that can screw up everyone's actions (but actively helps mafkills to be stronger)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 18, 2017, 04:21:51 pm »

Annoyed I didn't get back before the day2 end but from what I can see even if I'd changed to help lynch Teneb  TDS will have still put his vote on FoU. Shit even with a successful res we still lost, vigs need to not randomshoot.
While BHK did randomshoot roo, so did TDS. So roo'd be dead anyway.

I think it's actually possible for scum to win on N1 in this setup, since we could have done a total of 4 mafiakills in a single night at the price of not being able to do anything else during following nights if somehow the game didn't end.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #253 on: August 18, 2017, 06:03:14 pm »

Thank you for the game Deus Asmoth.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2017, 08:14:05 pm »

Balance comments:

Basically this.

Totally called it on Teneb being scum. Pay no attention to Tiruin not being scum.
Attention was needed :P Yes.It made little sense to bet on something more theoretical than by what was given in such a span of time though, in my opinion.

Also the day really needed more activity u_u
Thank you for the game Deus Asmoth.
You could've done a lot better :-\

You have FoU, me, yourself, and BHK :P
Two of those were voting Teneb, until you voted me. Then FoU voted me. :-[
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18