Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Time Paradox Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Win  (Read 40091 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Time Paradox Mafia [5/9] (Semi-bastard)
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 05:37:50 am »

Regarding delayed actions: can the mafiakill be delayed such that when N3 or N4 or whatever comes around, all the previous nights kills occur that night as well?

also, can delayed actions be adjusted?
Ex: N1 vig delaykills P3 for N3.
N2 vig wants that previous delaykill delayed to N4, and delays a new kill to N4 as well.
N3 vig is blocked by blocky, but submits a new kill for N5, and wants to adjust both previous delaykills to N5 as well. N4 vig submits yet another kill for N5, no adjustments. N5 vig wants to delay all but two of the old kills to N6, change the target of one scheduled for N5, and make one retroactive to N4 as well as make his N5 kill retroactive to N4 targeting himself.

what of any of these actions are valid? how do they resolve?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 05:45:18 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 07:09:58 am »

Regarding delayed actions: can the mafiakill be delayed such that when N3 or N4 or whatever comes around, all the previous nights kills occur that night as well?
Good question :O

The Mafiakill is a faction kill, so that means that at least (generally) 2 scum; Can the Mafiakill be shared in AP between members if the team is composed of more than 1 Mafioso?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 07:34:34 am »

Delayed actions can't be adjusted or delayed again. Once an action is submitted it's out of your hands. If the target is no longer valid or the action otheerwise can't or is prevented from being completed, the AP cost will still be taken.

AP costs for actions can't be split between players.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 07:39:03 am »

Can the mafiakill be delayed such that multiple mafiakills occur on the same night?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 01:47:16 pm »

Yes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 02:08:44 pm »

Will roleblocks on N(X) affect actions taken N(X) but scheduled for a different night?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 04:45:33 pm »

Cha know what? Bugger it. I'm in.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 06:31:13 pm »

AP costs for actions can't be split between players.
Well uh o_O That was an answer I didn't expect at all. I was thinking more like 'since this ability is a faction ability, maybe YOU can spend {x} AP to do this, and then next night I'll spend {x} AP to do THIS! It'll be brilliant! And you can do your other ability in the meantime!'

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 07:38:28 am »

Will roleblocks on N(X) affect actions taken N(X) but scheduled for a different night?
Yes, but they won't block actions submitted on a different night that would take effect on N (X)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2017, 04:48:03 pm »

So blocks have to be on the night it is SENT, protects on the night it is RECIEVED?

SK1 on N1 delays a kill of townie1 until N3, on N2, to block that kill, you'd retro-block SK1 on N1, to protect against it, you'd  delay-protect townie1 on N3.

swapping those would make them fail, correct?

what about redirects?

can redirects forcibly delay an action?

lets get a lil more abusive of the system here, shall we?

D1 lynch is Townie1, 3v2, lynch, flip town, situation normal.

N1 vig1 retro-kills on N0 townie 2, who had voted for townie1 on D1.

This revives townie1, making him confirmed town.

N2 scum1 retro-blocks vig1 on N1. this revives townie2 as confirmed town and kills townie1 via D1 lynch.

N3 meanie1 retro-redirects Scum1 on N2 to himself on N999. does this kill townie2 and revive townie1 again?

it is post-mylo-night (mislynched), meanie1 delay-redirects the doctor from the next night to himself on the current night. he is targeted by the mafiakill on the current night. do the mafia win without the protect from the future resolving or do town get another shot at victory?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:21:11 pm by Lenglon »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2017, 06:06:12 pm »

So blocks have to be on the night it is SENT, protects on the night it is RECIEVED?
Yes.

SK1 on N1 delays a kill of townie1 until N3, on N2, to block that kill, you'd retro-block SK1 on N1, to protect against it, you'd  delay-protect townie1 on N3.
You can only ever submit a delay of one night for an action, but aside from that this is right.

swapping those would make them fail, correct?
The actions wouldn't fail, but they wouldn't do anything about that kill either.

what about redirects?

can redirects forcibly delay an action?
A redirect only changes the target of an action, not any thing else.

lets get a lil more abusive of the system here, shall we?

D1 lynch is Townie1, 3v2, lynch, flip town, situation normal.

N1 vig1 retro-kills on N0 townie 2, who had voted for townie1 on D1.

This revives townie1, making him confirmed town.

N2 scum1 retro-blocks vig1 on N1. this revives townie2 as confirmed town and kills townie1 via D1 lynch.

N3 meanie1 retro-redirects Scum1 on N2 to himself on N999. does this kill townie2 and revive townie1 again?
As far as I can see it would, aside from not being able to change the phase that Scum1's action resolved on.

it is post-mylo-night (mislynched), meanie1 delay-redirects the doctor from the next night to himself on the current night. he is targeted by the mafiakill on the current night. do the mafia win without the protect from the future resolving or do town get another shot at victory?
This particular situation isn't possible, but the mafia would only win once they were uncontestable, including any pending actions.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time Paradox Mafia [6/9] (Semi-bastard)
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2017, 02:08:22 am »

N1 joker1 redirects Vig1 to dude1
N2 joker1 redirects Vig1 to dude2
N3 joker1 retro-redirects Vig1 to dude3 on N2

N1 vig1 delay-kills dude4 on N2
N2 vig1 delay-kills dude5 on N3
N3 vig1 retro-kills dude6 on N2

who dies?

alternate:

N1 joker2 redirects D1 to D2
N2 joker2 redirects D3 to D4
N3 joker2 retro-redirects D3 to D5

N1 vig2 delay-kills D3 on N2
N2 vig2 retro-kills D3 on N1
N3 vig2 superretro-kills D1 on N1

who dies and when?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 02:33:39 am by Lenglon »

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2017, 07:36:22 pm »

Sounds fun

in

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2017, 11:26:52 am »

I really wish I had time to play this. PTW for now.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2017, 02:26:54 pm »

I'll in if you get to 8 players and can't find anybody else.

I would be less hesitant if my mafia skills weren't rusty and I wasn't bad with time management.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18