Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding a cave.  (Read 1297 times)

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finding a cave.
« on: April 23, 2017, 09:32:04 am »

I set caves to hide in world gen but I'm having a hard time finding sites. Im particularly after one cave full of kobolds. Its a pocket island and npcs will refer to sites clear across the island but don't seem to care or know about about some sites, including a smattering of semi megabeasts lairs maybe because its year 54 and they haven't killed anyone yet. Nobody seems to know this cave full of kobolds exist. Its clearly there when I export sites civ data.

So besides wandering aimlessly hoping to bump into it, is there another way to find it? At least what region or something its in?

EDIT: Sorry nevermind I found the cave looking at the year 0 historical map in legends mode. Also there is no physical entrace to the cave, and nothing in the cave when dug into and emarked on in dwarf mode. Highly dissatisfying.

Also is it just me or can I not retire in an adventurer built site? Also I have some soldiers from a player fortress I like to recruit but they all say 'Sorry my duty is here' anyway to convince them to go awol and join me in my genocidal rampages?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 11:07:53 am by Rusty Shackleford »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a cave.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 09:00:13 pm »

You should be able to retire in your camp once you've built and claimed a meeting hall.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 02:49:17 pm »

Just remember not to do construction alone at night time.

Am I supposed to assign a mead hall before going to sleep in my camp? I've had bogeymen spawn while I was sleeping in my hut. Maybe I can't use trees as walls..?
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 04:17:10 pm »

Were you sleeping under a roof? That should keep them away, regardless of the state of your walls.

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 07:31:56 pm »

For clarity my adventurer became lord after assiging him and all his lackeys to a zone I drew over the first floor of the nice hunting lodge/ clubhouse Ial to a random traveling compainion and claimed the site and became lord in the name of the Armored Cloisters.

So my genocidal horrible and powefully lethal dwarf retired in Skullsyrups and, as lord of Skullsyrups ruled from the Boyish Nut. A zone a dragged across the first floor.

I didn't name anything btw.