Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal Training Questions  (Read 356 times)

Furious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Animal Training Questions
« on: April 24, 2017, 01:08:53 pm »

I can't seem to get my animal trainer to do anything. Migrant adept trainer showed up to my fort so I figured I'd give it a go. Animal training is the only active skill. I designated a puppy in a pasture to be trained. The puppy is the offspring of two war dogs and they're all pastured together at the fort entrance. I marked the pasture for animal training and set the puppy to be trained in the animal list.
My trainer just socializes constantly and after atwo seasons has t done anything yet.
Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to cage the puppy, or is it only trainable once it grows up?
Wait ? Your fort is not half green half red regardless of the stone it's built in ? I'm learning something new every day.

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Training Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 01:52:49 pm »

puppies cannot be trained. When it grows to an adult aged dog, it can be trained as a war dog or hunting dog.   

Furious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 02:04:59 pm »

Thanks! I thought that might be the case, but couldn't find anything on the Wiki or the forums.
Is that because they're already tame/domesticated? Or are all baby/child animals untrainable?
Wait ? Your fort is not half green half red regardless of the stone it's built in ? I'm learning something new every day.

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 02:41:01 pm »

Its because they're domesticated, any domesticated animal does not need training in order to be tame.  But if you caught a wild animal, whether grown adult or child, it would need training to become tame.