Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Roll To Split Time: Lets Kill Off The Protagonist Again 10 More Times  (Read 4082 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

Story:
You wake on a busy street corner. You don't know who you are or where you came from. You feel a small item in your pocket.
You take the item out of your pocket. It has a red button and a blue button. It also has a small screen with the string 'T0', lit up.

You Feel Extremely Stable Right Now.

What do you do?

Commands:
Do(Action);
Do(Action, Time);
Kill(Time);
Rng(diceNotation);
//the variable Time is used to indicate a given time line. time lines are designated based on what string is lit in a time line.
//Example diceNotation, 1d6 + 1 will roll a d6 and add 1 to that value.
//More Commands May Be Added As They Become Necessary
Notes and Lore:
-Some actions are considered free actions and will not split time. Some Scholars theorize that free actions exist in split time do to the unstable nature of time lines stuck within split time. Given that the more a time line splits, the more likely that one or more of its branches will destabilize, time will sometimes find some actions to be minute enough that split time will merely recycle itself back into the same time line. This is also caused whenever an actionRoll has a value of 3.
Archive of the Alpha Timeline
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 08:11:12 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Split Time
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 03:05:19 pm »

Do(confirm this isn't supposed to be a suggestion game);
Do(press both buttons simultaneously);
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 03:12:08 pm »

This
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 03:21:37 pm »

This
Do (chech if Parisbe is here, as that would mean this isn't a suggestion game);
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 03:46:25 pm »

This
Do (chech if Parisbe is here, as that would mean this isn't a suggestion game);
((You mean me? cuz I'm  Lenglon))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 04:22:00 pm »

While this is based somewhat off of an old suggestion game, I am adapting it to be a RTD by using rng for actions taken and for stopping this from branching into infinite time lines.
Story:
int ActionRoll = rng(1d6) => 4

The Screen Has The String 'T0' Lit Up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You succeed in hitting the red button but miss the blue button. you see a person a few feet away burst into flames. You and the rest of the crowd wince as you hear that person's screams.

The Screen Has The String 'T1' Lit Up.
You fail to hit either button.

Commands:
Do(Action);
Do(Action, Time);
Kill(Time);
Rng(diceNotation);
//the variable Time is used to indicate a given time line. time lines are designated based on what string is lit in a time line.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 06:04:20 pm »

10: Do(check how minimalistic the world is);
20: Do(hit the blue button)'
30: If(blue button was pressed)=false; Goto(20);

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 07:26:20 pm »

10: Do(check how minimalistic the world is);
There are some checks on the minimalism. Assume that to begin with, you are a normal human who can do anything a normal human can. That being said I will try to go with the flow with any actions posted and adapt them to what the main character can do.
Story:
20: Do(hit the blue button)'
int ActionRoll = rng(1d6) => 5
30: If(blue button was pressed)=false; Goto(20);

The Screen Has The String 'T00' Lit Up.
You press the blue button but unfortunately for you, you chose the wrong time line. You start to get colder, colder, colder. Your limbs lose all feeling. How ironic that someone is still burning just a few feet away. You need to sleep. You just put your head down for a little while... TIME LINE 'T00' HAS ENDED.

The Screen Has The String 'T10' Lit Up.
You try to press the blue button but you miss and hit the red one instead. You suddenly feel yourself burning. You cry for help but nobody helps. Same as with the last guy... TIME LINE 'T10' HAS ENDED.

The Screen Has The String 'T01' Lit Up.
You press the blue button. You watch in horror as a person in front of you turns ice blue. A chunk of ice surrounds him. He is dead. You shudder to think that could have been you. In fact, you are pretty sure that in another time line, it was probably you...

The Screen Has The String 'T11' Lit Up.
You try to push the blue button but press the red one instead. Or perhaps it is more accurately to say that you smash the red button. (It hurts your hand more than the button)
You look on in horror at the wake of destruction this causes. most buildings within  5 mile radius spontaneously combust. The sound of screaming can be heard for miles.

Commands:
Do(Action);
Do(Action, Time);
Kill(Time);
Rng(diceNotation);

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 07:39:22 pm »

10: Do(check personal stability)
20: Do(press both buttons simultaneously)
30: If (both buttons were press by me simultaneously in I timeline I have been in)=false; Goto(20);

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 09:02:15 pm »

Do(abandon device)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 09:20:34 pm »

Do(abandon device)
Do(be glad there's a time traveler other than me);

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 09:24:25 pm »

Do: acquire knife.
Do: search for somebody named time.

(and thus starts my quest to kill (a guy called) time)
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 09:25:44 pm »

Do (RNG(1d1) (All));
I want to watch what happens when the only roll is a negative one.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 02:29:28 am »

Do(Find selves in other timelines to work with);
Do(Loot dead selves in other timelines);
Do(Open device);
Rng(6d6));
Rng(1d20+1d6));
Rng(1d100));
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 02:51:09 am »

Pages: [1] 2 3