Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help using dfhack as a replacement for dwarf therapist  (Read 1677 times)

pognivet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help using dfhack as a replacement for dwarf therapist
« on: April 25, 2017, 04:12:08 am »

Since dwarf therapist hasn't been updated to 64 bit yet I've been stuck using dfhack and its various utilities. The Dwarf Manipulator utility has been extremely helpful however I am in a bad situation.

I made a fortress back in like 2015 or 2016 that's part of a civilization called The Glad Door. The Glad Door is a civilization that is nearly extinct. The entire civilization only has like 120 people alive. I've been trying to save this civilization, but without dwarf therapist it is extremely difficult to do a few things. I was wondering if anyone knew how to perform the following actions using dfhack:

- Checking the age of an animal
- Checking the sexuality of a dwarf

I have to create a homosexual military essentially because there are so few dwarves left alive capable of reproducing that I can't risk them getting killed or gelded in combat. I need to have any heterosexual couples taken out of harms way to have as many kids as possible before they become sterile/barren or die. I don't know if its possible for female dwarves to go through menopause in this game but if so they need to be rotated into service after that happens. I also need to check the age of chickens in order to get the maximum amount of eggs possible from them and slaughter them right before they die naturally.

If anyone can help me out that would be great. Thanks in advance.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help using dfhack as a replacement for dwarf therapist
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 05:10:36 am »

There's a DFhack script called gaydar that works better than DT for marriage possibilities, as DT doesn't show all the info, such as refusal to marry and "minor" bi-sexuality.

Animals on the animal screen in DF are listed in the order the were added to the fortress, which means birth time for your chicken.

Menopause is not an issue in DF: even humans remain fertile up to the end.

The birth time of creatures is also available from the unit info, and so can be accessed by scripts or by hand (gui/gm-editor when a creature is selected, then go down to the "birth_year" field. There's also a field that probably contains when they're set to die of old age, but using that is rather cheaty). Personally I maintain a steady stock of my animals, so I slaughter off the oldest ones as new ones are born.

I use 32 bit with DT, as 64 bits doesn't bring anything I currently need to the table, so DT is worth more to me.

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 06:36:35 am »

There is a DT which works with the latest version of Df.
"Announcing the second 64bit Beta Pack!"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.4200

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 06:38:45 am »

There's a DFhack script called gaydar that works better than DT for marriage possibilities, as DT doesn't show all the info, such as refusal to marry and "minor" bi-sexuality.

Annoyingly, recent developments in how DFHack renders text has made the gender readout unreadable in gaydar, which I haven't been able to fix, but if you just look at the name it should be fine.

pognivet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 01:17:25 pm »

Thank you everyone. You have been very helpful. I had heard about Gaydar before, but didn't know how to use it.