Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 342167 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1335 on: December 09, 2018, 06:38:01 am »

You wanna do that in town? from your room? On the outskirts? Could make a difference depending on various things.

If we can do it from our room without damaging the room a lot or making a big ruckus, do that.
If not then do it somewhere on the outskirts of town, out of sight if possible. Make sure we take all of our stuff either way. Also tell Venandi where we are going, in case Lup ever starts playing again.

Once there (assuming no shenanigans occur), start asking around about that bug problem to the townsfolk and merchants. Also try to locate the person who put out the bounty.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 06:39:57 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: December 10, 2018, 04:29:42 pm »

Stick with Darwin, play his sombrero wearing bodyguard for now.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1337 on: December 17, 2018, 01:48:25 pm »

Drink the green-blue liquid! Every drop. Lick it right up.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)
You drink the liquid. You feel...strange. Its almost like you were sick before and now you're healthy. Like you were operating at less than normal and never knew it, and now you're back at 100%.

hmm, is Adam hiding from the magebreaker or from the newcomer spirit?
"While we were traveling we encountered another spirit as well, it caused possessed individuals to grow long canines, float, and..."
describe what the newcomer spirit had done to those it possessed and ask if it is related to the problem spirits and generally what he knows about it.
"Also, um, what's the plan for dealing with the hijacker spirits? is there anything they're vulnerable to?"
ask.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
The magebreaker you think.

"Vampire. Sounds like a more classical kind. Possessor spirit, lives on blood."

"The plan is to rip the spirit from them. The problem with vampires is you can't just kill the host. They'll hop to another body. Have to force them into something. "

"I have no idea, didn't knew that there were different types of vampires. I guess their weaknesses are different too? Should we know what are we fighting against?"

Get on the ship and ask about the different kinds of vampires.

Recheck recruitment form, just to make sure everything is correct.

Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
"Generally, there are those that eat flesh, those that eat spirit, and those that drink blood. Blood drinkers are most common. All of them are spirit parasites leaping between bodies."

The form looks right.

I'm ready to fast forward back to town if you guys are ready for it.

Loot the dead bandits, specifically the ones I killed, the continue with guarding the caravan.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)
You get two swords and a knife, along with a crossbow and 20 bolts (all d6). You also get some chest armor and a helmet (d4).

The caravan continues around the ring road. It makes it to Fearce without any further incidents.  (What was the reward they offered you for being guard again? I forget)

Wait for it to stop spasming and then time to butcher it! Keep edible bits (if Grant points any out); any excess or inedible bodyparts can be reduced to mana.
Spoiler: Frick Varmer (click to show/hide)
After a few minutes you and grant wander in and start butchering the thing. You get a good bit of meat and then convert the rest of the body to mana, getting 4 mana total. You keep some of the spiky skin as well. Might be useful.

Explain to the man's family what I've discovered, and express that I'd like to observe him for a full day, so I can see him waking up and going back into this state.  I should be able to help, but I'll need more time in order to do so safely, as there is a lot of magical power involved there.

Also ask what was meant by the condition progressing over the three years.  Did it start by him being drowsy and progress to catatonia?  Did the time catatonic expand steadily?  Something else?

If it's the afternoon or early evening, stay fairly near the patient and consider some possibilities, such as narrowing the bottom of the well by expanding the walls or shrinking the horizontal space to pinch it off at the bottom.  Also, try to think about ways to anchor myself from being pulled in, in case I have to dive into the.. conduit, in order to solve the problem.

Right now I'm thinking that it might be best to wait for him to be in the body, and then securely block the link.

If it's the morning, and it'll be a good number of hours before he'll 'wake up', I'll do something else in the interterm.

Spoiler: Saeko Hirahara (click to show/hide)
They say you can observe.

He has been straight up comatose for longer and longer over time.

Its about mid morning so you might want to do something else in the meantime.

Stick with Darwin, play his sombrero wearing bodyguard for now.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
You wanna do that in town? from your room? On the outskirts? Could make a difference depending on various things.

If we can do it from our room without damaging the room a lot or making a big ruckus, do that.
If not then do it somewhere on the outskirts of town, out of sight if possible. Make sure we take all of our stuff either way. Also tell Venandi where we are going, in case Lup ever starts playing again.

Once there (assuming no shenanigans occur), start asking around about that bug problem to the townsfolk and merchants. Also try to locate the person who put out the bounty.

You head out of town so as not to potentially teleport part of the room with you or something.

The teleport costs whatever it was I said before, and you end up just outside Lunare.

At this point We can assume you and Dev can make contact.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: December 17, 2018, 02:49:48 pm »

"Huh. What will we put them in? And what happens post-transplant?"
timeskip ready.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Hotfire90

« Reply #1339 on: December 17, 2018, 02:59:47 pm »

The caravan paid 100 gold.

Sell my loot, but keep one of the swords, the crossbow and the helmet.
Afterwards check if there are any bounties and whether there are any expeditions heading to the Artifacter's grave.

Do I know whether I need special equipment to gather Iron thread and whether there are any noteworthy dangers at the Artifacter's grave?

Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: December 18, 2018, 03:32:02 pm »

((Lets get started then.))

Saeko stands out pretty well in a crowd.  She is very young, perhaps 16 or 17, and a bit tall for her age.  She's wearing an elaborate red-and-white cloth outfit, which looks dense enough to give some protection against attacks, and, upon closer inspection, has a slight glitter in her eyes.  There are also two guards in her employ standing nearby.

"So you're here about the bounty?  Yeah, I'm responsable for it.  Do you need any information about the bugmen or what happened?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: December 19, 2018, 04:27:38 pm »

Start asking around town about that bug problem to the townsfolk and merchants. Try to find out the latest news/updates about the problem.

Check the magic compass and add the directions it points to the map we bought before. Take a look at the result, can we pin down the location of 1 or 2 of the remaining artifacts? For reference:

The compass is a normal compass in every way other than its odd orientating.  You pull out the glass map and compare the directions the compass points to things marked on the map.  The northeasty sort of direction is pointing towards god knows how many cities and places, including Alkahest. Inconclusive. You try the others. The slightly off south one might be pointing towards Alizarin. The straight East one towards Mesothorium? Or maybe Fearce?

((Lets get started then.))

Saeko stands out pretty well in a crowd.  She is very young, perhaps 16 or 17, and a bit tall for her age.  She's wearing an elaborate red-and-white cloth outfit, which looks dense enough to give some protection against attacks, and, upon closer inspection, has a slight glitter in her eyes.  There are also two guards in her employ standing nearby.

"So you're here about the bounty?  Yeah, I'm responsable for it.  Do you need any information about the bugmen or what happened?"

"Good evening miss. Yes, we heard about the problems you encountered with these strange creatures, and we came to look into it. Could you perhaps start by telling me what happened to you exactly? Try to remember how exactly the creatures looked if you can. I have some books here on both natural and magical animals, perhaps based on your description we pin down what we're dealing with here more precisely."

Listen to the description of the bugmen and look through my books on both natural and magical animals to look for anything that seems to match.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: December 19, 2018, 04:34:32 pm »

What I was looking for, before these mercenaries arrived, was someone with a fish familiar who would be willing to search the bottom of the lake for some kind of entrance or opening.  I'd offer five gold a week for this service, and cast a spell to enhance the familiar's sense of smell permanently so it'd have a better chance of sniffing out where any underwater humans might be at, or any openings to where they are at.

Describe the encounter with the bugmen, making sure to mention the fog, that it happened at night, and describing the weapons and tactics used.  (blowdarts, nets, mounts).

Lastly, change the subject.

"Are you two mages?  This city is facing another crisis other than the bugmen.  I could use some help with that, too, if you two are mages."

Spoiler: Saeko Hirahara (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 11:41:54 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 19, 2018, 04:47:08 pm »

"Why yes, very astute of you miss... ah, my apologies, in our rush to get down to business it seems we forgot to introduce ourselves. My name is Darwin, and my bulging muscle compatriot here is Ecalir. And you were?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 19, 2018, 04:50:25 pm »

"Saeko.  I'm mostly a healer, but I have some very potent words for strengthening others as well."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: December 19, 2018, 05:26:00 pm »

"Oh? That might come in handy indeed if we are to help you with your apparently multiplying problems. What is the nature of your 'strengthening'?

And what exactly is this other crisis that plagues this poor town?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 19, 2018, 05:35:41 pm »

"I don't know yet.  There is some kind of magic that is kidnapping people during the full moon and holding them under the lake.  That said, I think it'll likely be pretty delicate, and I don't want to go in like a wrecking ball, so to speak, but feel out what's happening before going in there."

"As for strengthening, I can make objects, people, and creatures larger or strengthen their physical capabilities.. strength, speed, toughness.  This can be temporary or permanent.  I can also do mental abilities, but that's more difficult and probably more risky.  As for some examples, I'm wearing a set of light robes that protect as well as metal armour, but are still light and easy to move.

One other thing I can do is strengthen specific aspects of a person.  I don't need to make their whole body tougher, for instance.  Although I haven't done it yet, I think I could harden someone's skin into additional armour, and I can seriously enhance someone's senses.. earlier, with a single temporary spell, I made myself able to hear just about anything that occured in this entire town while in my inn room."

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 20, 2018, 01:21:56 pm »

Well, that was a fun diversion. Continue onwards towards Hepar.

Spoiler: Frick Varmer (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: December 21, 2018, 07:27:39 pm »

"Hmm. Yeah, that sounds tricky, getting under a lake sounds problematic. I could help to hook you up with a diving/breathing apparatus if you want to, though on the magical side I'm not sure if either of us has knowledge that is immediately applicable here. That said, there are still some options. What can you tell me about the kidnappings?

Perhaps these two cases are related somehow, seeing as how they both seem to involve regular people being spirited away for reasons unknown."

"Really now? So, for example, you could improve one's constitution up to a point where they could carry a heavier load than they naturally are capable of? That could be very useful indeed given the challenges we are about to face. How difficult is it for you to perform these feats?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 21, 2018, 07:58:51 pm »

Ready for the timeskip, but first try to ask the magebreaker about the recruitmemt process and how did he become one.

Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 203