Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 342342 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1680 on: June 25, 2019, 09:48:28 am »

Spoiler: Eve (click to show/hide)
Try to find a different large rock to add weight to the pulley so I don’t risk damaging a sculpture ingredient.

Continue to pull and pry the lid so I make more progress getting the lid open

[9]
You find yourself a large rock and, after much shoving and rolling, get it over and tie it up to the end of the pulley rope. Then you shove it down hill and it rolls, pulling the rope and the lid up with it.  You make sure to shove the lid off to the side before climbing down, just so it doesn't fall on you if the rope breaks, and look what is in the coffin. Inside the coffin, hovering in place, is what appears to be a ring of fire about a foot in diameter and slowly rotating.

(I recommend that you pick up another river rock if you lose that one.)

Gather a number of the guns (Machine guns, sans triggers, with boxes of ammo) by having Benedict rip them out by destroying the wooden mounts around the guns.  Try for up to four good examples.

Try to remove and gather the shiny (gyroturbillon), if it's small enough to carry, and I can manage to pry it loose, or if Benedict can reach it before it gets dark.

If I can find a tight, metal container, (And ONLY if), do the following for the metal pellets.  Get a long stick, and attach some metal scrap to the end of it to make a crude cup-like assembly.  Then use that to fish out one of the metal pellets and put it into the tight metal container.  If there is no suitable thing to put the pellets in, leave them there, I don't want to get burned to death.

Fill remaining weight capacity with scrap.  Take a couple pieces of the odd black metal, and a couple pieces of steel.  Preferably disc-shaped, but it's not critical.

Then get ready to continue with the journey.

Spoiler: Saeko Hirahara (click to show/hide)
You gather the guns and their attached ammo boxes, the Gyroturbillon,  and search for a thick metal container. [8v3] You pull one from some wreckage and using some more scrap scoop out exactly one of the thumb sized pellets and immediately dump it into the box. You take that box and wrap it up in some cabling  to hold it shut before stowing it.

You then gather black metal and steel in large chunks until you have as much as the beast can easily carry.

From there you continue on and reach the lake sometime around sundown, airship of magebreakers in tow.

*am awaiting input from Magebreaker - intent is to follow him and potentially undergo testing*
Basically, as soon as you're both ready we can head out, back towards the capital.  I'll count you as ready, soon as randy gives us the go ahead (or maybe next turn if he doesn't show up.)

Go up and check out the dig site or whatever it is at the center of the city - the place that is a hive of activity.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)
The dig site is, as you quickly find out, some kind of natural hole that opened up within the last few years. It apparently opens up directly into a very large pit and then a network of caves and ruins below. The city here has grown up massively in the last few years by mining and scavenging these things.

Stay in cover and fire back at the pirates with the rifle.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)
[4v2]
You lean out of cover, brace your rifle, and fire back at the approaching pirate vessel. You're pretty sure you hit your mark as the man you were aiming at suddenly falls back.

The pirate ship has been coming in to ram the broad side of the barge, but the barge turns and instead of a full on hit the pirate vessel sort of grinds along the side. Men are leaping over onto the deck while others keep firing. The scene is chaos  and you see, in the flash of a gunshot nearby, one of the beetles impale a pirate and hurl him off the side of the boat and into the flux.

Give ghetto gasmask another go. Try it a couple of times if it fails, if that’s allowed.

Estimate how much mana teleporting out of here would cost, assuming we teleport to the surface as close to this cave as possible (to minimize mana needed).

Then go take a look at that wall. How does the hallway look now? What happened to the rope?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
[6v3]
You cobble together a gasmask of sorts.

Hard to say...you have to point to where you want to go on the map and you're not sure where you are right now. Assuming you're under the lake, then maybe 7-10 mana to go straight up and to the side so you don't warp into the water.

You stick your head around the corner that leads to the door. [6v3] You immediately pull it back and throw yourself to the side as a gout of flame roars down the tunnel and cooks the place your head used to occupy. You're pretty sure that just before that flame started, you saw Eclair standing there, pointing the flamethrower at you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: June 25, 2019, 10:03:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
pick up the ring and (assuming the spirit is in the ring) tell it my name, ask its name, and ask if there is anything I can help with

Hotfire90

« Reply #1682 on: June 25, 2019, 10:35:13 am »

Fire off a shot at the pirates with one of the single shot pistols, then charge into the melee and try to get into a fight with two pirates at once.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: June 25, 2019, 02:00:42 pm »

Sure, let's return to the capital.

Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: June 25, 2019, 03:06:46 pm »

"Darwin? Can you hear Ecalir? I must say, this is all getting a bit much, you know."

Yell to Darwin. See if I can hear him at all. Also concentrate. Does anything seem particularely fucky?

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: June 25, 2019, 04:11:12 pm »

"OI, mate, stop horsing around and snap out of it. If I wanted to get a tan I'd go hit the fulminating sands or something!"

Yell at the silly barbarian. Throw a glass vial at the wall if he doesn't come to senses, maybe the sensory shock will help snap him out of it. (Incidentally, bite my lip a bit just in case I'm the one hallucinating here.)

Should our favorite barbarbar start advancing or something, retreat around the next corner.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: June 25, 2019, 09:45:00 pm »

Park my griffen at the outskirts of the city, and unpack things for the night.  Let Benedict nap.  Inform the magebreakers as to who has the magic viewing spyglass, should they want to review the information themselves, and suggest that we bring the guns into service before we launch the attack.  Inform my guards that the box with the pellet in it is to not be opened under any circumstances.

Indeed, it's probably too late for any work to be done, but grab one of the machine guns and head into town.  Try to find someone who can repair them, even if work won't start until the next day.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 08:37:17 pm by Devastator »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: June 25, 2019, 09:53:29 pm »

Go check out the standard procedure for becoming an official scavenger, if there is one. How are people getting in and out of hte hole? ropes, ladders, stairways? Are the re guards? Teams of scavengers? Official city scavengers? Is it a free-for-all or more organized?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1688 on: June 29, 2019, 12:23:35 pm »

pick up the ring and (assuming the spirit is in the ring) tell it my name, ask its name, and ask if there is anything I can help with
The ring is not physical, so when you try to grab it your fingers pass through. Instead, as your hand moves through it it leaps up onto your wrist and seems to lock itself into place there before starting to slowly love around your body, changing size as it rolls up your arm, around your head, down a leg, etc.  You ask it what it wants and it tells you, or rather shows you an image of, a gold ring.

Fire off a shot at the pirates with one of the single shot pistols, then charge into the melee and try to get into a fight with two pirates at once.
[4v1,6][6v4, 5v3, 1v6,6+1]
You pull out one of the single shot pistols and fire it at the nearest pirate. You catch him right in the temple and he tumbles off into the flux as you charge forwards. You strike out at two pirates at the same time, trying to separate them from the group. You swing a hard blow into the chest of one of the pirates with a satisfying thunk, though you don't think it actually harmed him very much.  As you're busy with the first, the second swings hard at your back and connects squarely, hacking a great gash in your armor but not into your flesh.

Sure, let's return to the capital.

Alright so if you guys wanna skip straight to the training and doing stuff like Egan, then I'm fine with time skipping a lot of this. If you want to do the actual testing and stuff, we can play that out. We'll time skip back to the capital regardless.

The test would mostly be them asking a variety of questions and having you do actions while they observed you. It might be interesting or it might not be depending on your desires.  The actual mission they'd probably throw at you as recruits would be something like tracking down the origin of some odd occurrences and confiscating or destroying the source.

"Darwin? Can you hear Ecalir? I must say, this is all getting a bit much, you know."

Yell to Darwin. See if I can hear him at all. Also concentrate. Does anything seem particularely fucky?

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
[2+1 v ?]
You look around and concentrate but nothing seems out of the ordinary...well, you know what I mean. More out of the ordinary than it did a few minutes ago. You shout for Darwin and to your surprise you hear his response further down the hall that has just opened in front of you.

"OI, mate, stop horsing around and snap out of it. If I wanted to get a tan I'd go hit the fulminating sands or something!"

Yell at the silly barbarian. Throw a glass vial at the wall if he doesn't come to senses, maybe the sensory shock will help snap him out of it. (Incidentally, bite my lip a bit just in case I'm the one hallucinating here.)

Should our favorite barbarbar start advancing or something, retreat around the next corner.

You bite your lip. Ouch...well that hurt and nothing changed so...maybe you're fine?
[1]
You throw a glass vial but your rather terrible physical prowess results in it spiraling into the wall a few feet away instead of arcing down and smashing near Eclair's feet like you intended. So far Eclair hasn't moved, he's just sort of standing there, head lulled to the side as though asleep.

Go check out the standard procedure for becoming an official scavenger, if there is one. How are people getting in and out of hte hole? ropes, ladders, stairways? Are the re guards? Teams of scavengers? Official city scavengers? Is it a free-for-all or more organized?

You find out the following:
1. Scavengers are given permits by the town. Individuals and groups need different permits. Individuals can generally get them for free, groups need to pay.
2. People are getting in and out via a variety of methods, including ropes, ladders, and crane platforms.
3. There are guards around the hole.
4. There are large groups of scavengers and even companies of them. The companies seem to be the ones doing large scale work with cranes and such.

Park my griffen at the outskirts of the city, and unpack things for the night.  Let Benedict nap.  Inform the magebreakers as to who has the magic viewing spyglass, should they want to review the information themselves, and suggest that we bring the guns into service before we launch the attack.  Inform my guards that the box with the pellet in it is to not be opened under any circumstances.

Indeed, it's probably too late for any work to be done, but grab one of the machine guns and head into town.  Try to find someone who can repair them, even if work won't start until the next day.

You do all that, and find a smith who can do work with guns, albeit the stuff he has on display is mostly muskets and similarly low tech items. He says he'll do his best to get it running and you leave it with him.  The Mage breakers are indeed planning things out with the spyglass when you see them next, all hanging out near the airship.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: June 29, 2019, 12:47:09 pm »

Head back to the town and ask where I can buy a gold ring

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: June 29, 2019, 01:17:51 pm »

I would enjoy playing out the testing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: June 29, 2019, 07:47:44 pm »

What kind of stuff are the scavengers typically returning with? Meanwhile, hunt around town for fuzzy creatures. Also, while out of sight of the people of the town, tinker with my magic shiny ball. also, may as well get a scavenger's license.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: June 29, 2019, 09:23:39 pm »

Ask them what they think, about going down there and the logistics of recovering the captives.

Also ask if Benedict can make it down there as-is.

Rest.  Spend the next day observing the buildup of mercenaries and militia, and find out if there are issues with them, such as insufficient equipment, not enough bounty money, or whatever other concerns they may have.  Try to raise some mana by demonstrating the new machine gun, or if Benedict can come down, by showing him off to a crowd, letting everyone know that he'll be helping fight.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 05:21:36 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: July 01, 2019, 07:19:14 am »

I would also like to go through the testing.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: July 01, 2019, 09:24:29 am »

Go tap him with the orb to hopefully take away the effect, else just shake dat boi awake.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 203