Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 127

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 85649 times)

Radio Controlled

  • Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1830 on: August 11, 2019, 11:46:51 am »

Thank you for being precise in the amount of materials and such that were consumed.

Welp, back off and let Ecalir deal with this bloke (nonlethally, if possible). While he is working on that, do that d6 rope spell and see if it can restrain the guy easily (we'll want to try and get as many of them as we safely can before the boom).

Try to get an estimate of the amount of people that are in these fields.


Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
Logged


Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1831 on: August 11, 2019, 12:52:45 pm »

"You have my permission to take Benedict up for another attack like that, if you want."

"I'm going to see if I can make one of those machineguns strong enough to just shoot the siren, from way over here.  Seems fastest and safest."

Give orders to light the barricade.  Do leave a space for people to be brought in.  Instead of splitting up too heavily, get only one group together with one machine gun to start collecting people, as they're actively hostile.  I want to rescue at least some people, dammit.

Go to one of the machine guns, use a temporary (1 hour) Strengthen Speed spell to increase the velocity of the bullets coming out of it enough to reach the distance to the central tower easily, and maybe penetrate the wall some.  If that's below d6, use a d6 spell instead for extra penetration power.  Repeat if it fails.

Then, do a temp Steel Strengthen spell on the ammunition to give the bullets hardened steel penetrators to further improve penetration and ability to do damage.  Repeat if fails.

Lastly, enchant both the machine gun and the ammunition with a temp Strengthen Expand to make it into an autocannon, so each shot has more heft.  Try for twice the size or so, somewhere in the 20-30mm range.

With that, and the spyglass, try to find the siren and shoot it with the buffed autocannon.  Add additional spells if the gun isn't powerful enough.  Add a Strengthen to the spyglass if it can't see through the wall or something.


Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 09:37:33 pm by Devastator »
Logged

Pancaek

  • Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1832 on: August 11, 2019, 04:16:38 pm »

"You are a good man Darwin, still trying to save these people. But I really wish you'd just let me shoot this guy and be done with it."

While he's focused on Darwin, try to get behind him and disarm/restrain the man, so that Darwin can tie him up via his rope magic. If this fails, say fuck it and cut him down with my sword.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
Logged

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1833 on: August 11, 2019, 11:30:54 pm »

Inspect the door for weak points or rot, and look around the room for a metal bar to act as a lever - perhaps one of the metal tables has a loose leg or something. If I find no good prybars or even a big stone, then push on the door with [Force]

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you 0cra_tr0per for the link
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1834 on: August 12, 2019, 06:44:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
try to help get people out of here
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 06:52:23 am by Naturegirl1999 »
Logged
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Quote from: Naturegirl1999 IRL
*picks up pepper* “Look, a pickle” *puts down pepper* “wait, pickles and peppers are completely different instruments”
Moral of the story: Everyone has dumb moments, laugh at them

syvarris

  • Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1835 on: August 13, 2019, 11:42:16 am »

Try to treat the most heavily wounded people, trying to make sure nobody bleeds out.  If there's nobody in imminent risk of dying, patch up more minor wounds, focus on getting wounded people combat ready.  Direct some of the more mobile wounded to drag anyone incapacitated back into the main tunnel--Ekrov doesn't really have the strength to do that himself.

Spoiler: NEEEEERRD (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1836 on: August 14, 2019, 10:18:32 am »

Try again, hand it off to someone else if I fail to find anything a second time.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)
Logged

Lenglon

  • Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1837 on: August 15, 2019, 02:01:09 pm »

interesting. Ask him for a recounting of the last and first things he remembers on either side of the memory loss gap, thank him, and proceed pn to another victim to check for consistency in what im seeing and Adam's seeing.
Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Logged
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1838 on: August 16, 2019, 05:45:14 pm »

Inspect the door for weak points or rot, and look around the room for a metal bar to act as a lever - perhaps one of the metal tables has a loose leg or something. If I find no good prybars or even a big stone, then push on the door with [Force]

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)
[2v4]
You attempt to simply force the door open with your weight and some shoving but it doesn't work. However, you can tell by the minor flexing and shifting that the door isn't locked, simply stuck or perhaps barricaded.
[8]
You grab some of the larger debris and proceed to use it as a battering ram, charging with it into the door, right at the edge of the opening side for maximum leverage. The blow smashes the door open and, as a result, causes several of the large stones from the top of the doorway to fall in, along with some loose silt and dirt. Apparently the doorway had sunk down over time and the weight of it resting on the door had held it in place.

You step forward, waving the dust aside, and check what lies beyond. Its another room, or at least part of one. A fissure has cut this room in half and beyond the few feet of stone walls is a yawning black abyss stretching up, down, left and right as far as you can see. However, straight ahead of you, maybe 10 or so feet, is the other side of the fissure. You can see, against that stone wall, a cross section of a complex of stone encased buildings. Other severed rooms are visible down the length of that wall, like a slice of honeycomb, some of them even lit by dull blue lights.

Try again, hand it off to someone else if I fail to find anything a second time.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)
[4v2]
You dive back down and flail about, swimming along the length of the barge  making wide movements until you smack your forearm into something. A quick pat down reveals what you think is....a giant metal finger?

interesting. Ask him for a recounting of the last and first things he remembers on either side of the memory loss gap, thank him, and proceed pn to another victim to check for consistency in what im seeing and Adam's seeing.
Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)

The first victim recounts that the last thing they remember is walking home from their job and crossing through a section of older and largely abandoned buildings. They remember hearing something to their right and then being tackled from the left, but after that there is nothing. The next thing they remember is waking up near their own home, in their current state, wearing the same clothing though it was badly damaged, dirty, and literally crusty with sweat.

The next victim, another young man, evokes similar responses. He was walking near the intercity railway when he was taken and woke up on the steps into his home, similarly dirty and exhausted. Adam says much of the same thing, though he adds "Desperation" and "Regret" to the pile of words.

"You are a good man Darwin, still trying to save these people. But I really wish you'd just let me shoot this guy and be done with it."

While he's focused on Darwin, try to get behind him and disarm/restrain the man, so that Darwin can tie him up via his rope magic. If this fails, say fuck it and cut him down with my sword.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
Thank you for being precise in the amount of materials and such that were consumed.

Welp, back off and let Ecalir deal with this bloke (nonlethally, if possible). While he is working on that, do that d6 rope spell and see if it can restrain the guy easily (we'll want to try and get as many of them as we safely can before the boom).

Try to get an estimate of the amount of people that are in these fields.


Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
[3v5] [-5 mana]
Darwin's spell fails, but together he and Eclair make short work of disarming and restraining the man the old fashion way. He's stronger than he should be normally but not superhumanly strong or even as strong as Eclair. His enthusiastic but awkward attacks are worth very little against a trained warrior.

With one down Darwin takes a moment to survey the scene and guess at the number of people probably in this field. He thinks...maybe 200? Its a large number but not absurd.


Spoiler (click to show/hide)
try to help get people out of here
The controlled civilians are still a fair bit away and a fire wall is being erected, so you decide to instead focus on moving the injured soldiers, militia, and other allies from the front to the back and into the shelter of the passage into the cave. You get several people into shelter and direct others to help out similarly.

Try to treat the most heavily wounded people, trying to make sure nobody bleeds out.  If there's nobody in imminent risk of dying, patch up more minor wounds, focus on getting wounded people combat ready.  Direct some of the more mobile wounded to drag anyone incapacitated back into the main tunnel--Ekrov doesn't really have the strength to do that himself.

Spoiler: NEEEEERRD (click to show/hide)
[7v4]
It is perhaps a positive thing regarding serious injuries that what you can do to treat them in the field is often very simple. You don't let yourself get bogged down and instead move quickly between patients, providing the best medical care you can to the most injured, focusing entirely on prolonging their life in the immediate sense and less about long term viability. You stuff wounds with gauze, burn shut arteries and stumps, repack innards and bandage up the hole. You direct people to take the worst injured back to the cave entrance after you finish working on them and point out others in need of assistance to anyone else trying to treat the injured.  Its chaotic, but seems to be effective.

"You have my permission to take Benedict up for another attack like that, if you want."

"I'm going to see if I can make one of those machineguns strong enough to just shoot the siren, from way over here.  Seems fastest and safest."

Give orders to light the barricade.  Do leave a space for people to be brought in.  Instead of splitting up too heavily, get only one group together with one machine gun to start collecting people, as they're actively hostile.  I want to rescue at least some people, dammit.

Go to one of the machine guns, use a temporary (1 hour) Strengthen Speed spell to increase the velocity of the bullets coming out of it enough to reach the distance to the central tower easily, and maybe penetrate the wall some.  If that's below d6, use a d6 spell instead for extra penetration power.  Repeat if it fails.

Then, do a temp Steel Strengthen spell on the ammunition to give the bullets hardened steel penetrators to further improve penetration and ability to do damage.  Repeat if fails.

Lastly, enchant both the machine gun and the ammunition with a temp Strengthen Expand to make it into an autocannon, so each shot has more heft.  Try for twice the size or so, somewhere in the 20-30mm range.

With that, and the spyglass, try to find the siren and shoot it with the buffed autocannon.  Add additional spells if the gun isn't powerful enough.  Add a Strengthen to the spyglass if it can't see through the wall or something.


Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You throw out orders and watch the barricade get lit as you move towards the machineguns. You order one of them off to aid in the rescue/self defense efforts against the slowly encroaching horde of human slaves.

[2v6] -6 mana, 22 remains
[8v3] -3 mana, 19 remains.
[2v4] -4 mana, 15 remains.
[7v4] -4 mana, 11 remains
[5v1] -1 mana, 10 remains

You push your way through several minor failures, the first of which is the worst and leaves you stunned for a good 30 seconds as shimmers of mana flash in front of your half blind eyes.  In the end though you manage to get the gun modified as you desire, turning an already frightening machine gun into an autocannon that can lob fist sized rounds literal miles depending on the elevation.

You pull out the spyglass and try to get a good lock on the target, to direct the autocannon's fire. After a few moments of sweeping the glass around, searching, you finally get a glimpse of the target. Its standing on what could almost be described as a balcony near the top of the tower, its 4 visible arms seemingly directing its own singing as well as the balls of purple energy. It looks a lot like the other insects around here, albeit larger  and a lot more humanoid and ornate. It looks almost like the classical idea you have of a siren, except crossed with a grasshopper instead of a fish. You can't make out its lower body and the magical flux in the air makes your vision shimmer and wobble like heat haze.

[5,1,1,6,6,8v3]

Almost as soon as you get a good look at it, the siren sings out again, that same three tones as before. The third down sweeps violently across the cave and  everyone staggers again, including the mind controlled humans.

The allied forces shake the song off, as does Eclair, Darwin and Saeko. But Ekrov and Eve both jerk to a halt and then turn and draw their weapons. Or in Eve's case, the closest thing she has to a weapon: the pry bar. As they start their menacing if awkward approach the great cluster of shadowy energy balls suddenly begin breaking free of their orbit around the tower and flying in towards the allied forces.  Benedict takes off with a mage breaker on his back and the other full mage breaker moves to the forefront and appears to be starting some kind of spell.

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you 0cra_tr0per for the link
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1839 on: August 16, 2019, 06:25:17 pm »

Can I still think when my body is being controlled? If so, attempt to resist, if not, follow my programming and head towards the nearest target
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 07:21:57 am by Naturegirl1999 »
Logged
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Quote from: Naturegirl1999 IRL
*picks up pepper* “Look, a pickle” *puts down pepper* “wait, pickles and peppers are completely different instruments”
Moral of the story: Everyone has dumb moments, laugh at them

Devastator

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1840 on: August 16, 2019, 10:16:22 pm »

(They're definately important, but those are not the two people who will murder everyone in melee, Siren.  Bit of a whoops there.)

Direct the fire of the autocannon towards the siren with the spyglass and my magic-enhanced vision.  Have my two guards keep people clear of myself and the gunner.  Open fire, and lets hopefully end this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 12:28:51 am by Devastator »
Logged

syvarris

  • Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1841 on: August 17, 2019, 04:29:04 am »

While I'm terribly tempted to simply not post Ekrov's sheet, thus forcing him to autoroll 1, I'd like to have him shake off this mind control.  Roll to resist!

...Failing that, stab people with the steel stilleto, I guess.


Spoiler: NEEEEERRD (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1842 on: August 18, 2019, 11:44:24 am »

Move the finger out of the way, should the finger refuse to move, try to sever it with my axe.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)
Logged

Radio Controlled

  • Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1843 on: August 19, 2019, 03:56:40 pm »

Wait, why would you roll for Ecalir and Darwin there? Shouldn't we be way back in the past of whatever is happening here? Cause at no point have you mentioned us noticing any of those events up till now, far as I know, so I thought it wasn't simultaneous. Does this mean we can also see that singing thing, since we're close to the tower? Does that perhaps resemble the guts Darwin felt before?

Anyway, does it seem likely we can restrain and gather all of the people in this field in a timely manner (assuming we get that rope working)? And what if we just had Ecalir here go around and bonk fools on the head? Guessing either will take too long given the time we have left?




Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
Logged


Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

  • Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1844 on: August 19, 2019, 10:10:34 pm »

Mark this location, then retrieve the washbasin and climb up out of this ruin - tie the basin with the rope to lift it out: make a sort of basket loop if i can't tie a handle or something. Return with my loot to the city and sell the basin for gold. Then attempt to purchase a kitten for the Shepherdess.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 127