Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 341660 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1875 on: September 06, 2019, 05:09:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
try to make my way back to town with some of the hostages
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 05:45:36 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: September 07, 2019, 12:55:12 pm »

Get closer look with binoculars, what is going on at the tower?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: September 08, 2019, 03:06:42 am »

"There ate kidnappings occuring in the town slums, targeting isolated healthy individuals, to be recovered days layer with no memory of what occured to them. Examination of them shows signs of mental influence dominating them, and of them being worked to near death before being discarded. The plan is to bait them out with someone that meets their victim profile but that can resist being controlled. The plan is for our Trojan to be picked up and taken to the rest of the captives, so we can make sure to stop the entire operation rather than merely disabling one agent."

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1878 on: September 08, 2019, 04:40:59 pm »

Do the crystals in the lamp look like they are being consumed to give off the smoke? Either way, get a closer look at that bronze box. Does it appear to be a storage type box? A cabinet? some kind of power conduit or other appliance, or something mysterious and without lid, door, or seam? If it is an openable box, look closely to see if I can see any traps, and then try to open it in a normal, casual way.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)
You stare at the crystals for a a minute or two. If they're being consumed, its so slowly that you cannot tell.

The box appears to be a normal box; it has a lid though no handle or other methods of opening it. The only give away is a small seam between the lid and the rest of the box. So small in fact that you can't easily open the lid. After a check for traps you work the tip of the prybar into the seam and lever it open. Inside is another lid made of what looks like steel mesh. You lift this one and find a humanoid curled up in the fetal position. Its clearly mechanical but...not the same as the machines that the invaders brought. Unlike those things of gears and springs this is much more sleek and simple. Almost like a statue but with articulation spread throughout the body. You think it might be a golem. The body is sculpted to resemble a human's but the head is shaped like a flower.

Return the equipment the merchants gave me, then rent out a fast mount, retrieve my lead weights from storage and go Sand Ray hunting.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)
Renting a mount is difficult; especially when you wanna take it into the desert.  They require a deposit in case you just vanish. They want 50 gold, though they'll refund you almost all of it when you return, just taking out the rental fee. Alternatively they offer to sell you a beetle mount, much like the one you want, for 40 gold. The mounts are basically big grasshoppers and look quite fast. They tell you that they can fly as well, for short distances.

We'll let you make your choice and assume you've already headed out into the desert and made it roughly to where the ray attacked last time.

try to make my way back to town with some of the hostages
At this point we're gonna say that you're safely away from the events down below. You've had enough time to make a run for it.

Get closer look with binoculars, what is going on at the tower?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
You look up at the tower, which is falling rather slowly in the reduced gravity. Something large and insectoid is writhing around within. You can see it through the windows as it thrashes about.

Quote from: Dev via IRC
Cast a strengthen speed spell to try and help one or more people get away.  (up to d6).  Give orders to start packing the machine guns up and leave the cavern. Try to make sure the guys collapsing the cavern get out too.
[6+1v6] - 6 mana

You cast a large scale but relatively weak spell over the remaining friendlies in the cavern, with the hope that it will help people escape.  That done, you run over to the gunner and the remaining forces that returned with you and order them to head for the cavern exit.

The tower, gaining speed as it falls, finally slams into the earth with enough force to knock everyone still in the cavern off their feet. A wave of dust washes out across the ground and fills the air with choking white particulate. Even in the cloud, a shadow can be seen, insectoid limbs flailing like an overturned beetle.  The sound that comes from that direction is a horrible permutation of the singing, though this time in a recognizable dialect.

"OUR KINGDOM! OURS! OURS! NO OTHER!"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: September 08, 2019, 04:58:41 pm »

help the hostages to their houses

Hotfire90

« Reply #1880 on: September 08, 2019, 06:57:57 pm »

Renting it is fine. Check the immediate area for any Sand Rays that may have burrowed in the sand, also check the sky on the off-chance that one is hunting here right now. Head north of where the caravan was attacked and continue my search there if I don't find anything here.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: September 10, 2019, 10:30:22 pm »

(After finding out that the magebreakers collapsing the cavern are capable of getting out.)

Leave the cavern area.  Try to make sure Benedict gets out, but the autocannon can be left there.. it's just a magic machine gun, after all, and three of them are already out.  When we're out, or giant buggy notices us, use a Strengthen Expand spell to enlarge the rock behind us to close the passageway.  Head up.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: September 11, 2019, 02:10:38 pm »

Yeah, that ain't Ekrov's problem, and it ain't something he can deal with.  Just... keep herding people up the tunnel, watching for straggling wounded.  Use cha to make people help any, I guess.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: September 11, 2019, 08:37:19 pm »

"There ate kidnappings occuring in the town slums, targeting isolated healthy individuals, to be recovered days layer with no memory of what occured to them. Examination of them shows signs of mental influence dominating them, and of them being worked to near death before being discarded. The plan is to bait them out with someone that meets their victim profile but that can resist being controlled. The plan is for our Trojan to be picked up and taken to the rest of the captives, so we can make sure to stop the entire operation rather than merely disabling one agent."

"Sounds like I'm going to make a lifestyle of being kidnapped... If there any kind of plan for how you're going to find me, or am I on my own?"

Spoiler: Zavi (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 12, 2019, 01:15:14 am »

Ignore the mannequin bot for now and head into the other room.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1885 on: September 12, 2019, 05:51:00 pm »

help the hostages to their houses
You essentially create a base camp of sorts near the mine entrance and keep helping people up, getting them settled before the long trek back to town.

Renting it is fine. Check the immediate area for any Sand Rays that may have burrowed in the sand, also check the sky on the off-chance that one is hunting here right now. Head north of where the caravan was attacked and continue my search there if I don't find anything here.
There are about 12 hours of good sunlight per day to search. Because your senses are crap, instead of rolling once per turn I'm gonna roll 12 times per turn to see if you manage to find the thing any of those hours.

[after 7 hours, sometime around 2pm]
You do not find a ray itself, but you do find what looks like the tracks of one. They're headed south, out towards...well more sand.

"Sounds like I'm going to make a lifestyle of being kidnapped... If there any kind of plan for how you're going to find me, or am I on my own?"

At this point the mage breakers would add that they have something that amounts to a location tracker that they would be able to use to find you. As long as it doesn't get broken or you are intentionally shielded against being found, it should work.

Ignore the mannequin bot for now and head into the other room.

You leave the box and walk down stairs, only to find a reasonably large square room filled with more, very similar boxes. They're stacked 3 high  in some places, all pushed against the walls. There's another of those golem things, albeit this one is partially smashed is is laying sprawled out on the floor near the stairs. There are some odd instruments hung up on the ceiling by long cords, maybe 5 or so feet off the ground.

There's another door here as well, this one heading into a hall with two other doorways.

Yeah, that ain't Ekrov's problem, and it ain't something he can deal with.  Just... keep herding people up the tunnel, watching for straggling wounded.  Use cha to make people help any, I guess.

We'll assume you guys are to safety at the base camp of sorts. Well, assuming nothing stupid happens.

(After finding out that the magebreakers collapsing the cavern are capable of getting out.)

Leave the cavern area.  Try to make sure Benedict gets out, but the autocannon can be left there.. it's just a magic machine gun, after all, and three of them are already out.  When we're out, or giant buggy notices us, use a Strengthen Expand spell to enlarge the rock behind us to close the passageway.  Head up.

You call Benedict back and beat a very hasty retreat with the rest of the people left in the cave, leaving behind anything that isn't absolutely vital.
[7v5][-4 mana]
You make it to the mouth of the cave and attempt a spell, pointing at a large section of stone. The magic drains from you and then goes off with an electrical crack that bowls you over and leaves you dizzy. The rock remains the same size. You're trying to understand what happened when Benedict grabs you by the collar with its beak and starts dragging you away, moving in a semi-frantic crawl. You're a few hundred feet into the mine.

About 30 seconds later there is a great rushing noises and something slams into something. The mine shakes and you heard grinding of stone. A voice calls up through the mine, echoing violently.

OTHER OTHER ALWAYS OTHER LOOK AT ME LOOK MINE MINE MINE OURSSSSSSSSS

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 12, 2019, 05:55:55 pm »

Watch the entrance and warn someone if something comes towards us

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: September 12, 2019, 08:07:40 pm »

Continue heading upwards.  At a good place, try to block the passage physically, by moving rocks.  Have my pet monster help with that.  Use the spyglass to get an update on what's happening, but don't stick around more than a minute, keep moving.

If I can see water coming up, just drop everything and move.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:27:22 pm by Devastator »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 13, 2019, 12:59:39 am »

Explore the hallway and the two doorways. Contemplate using these golems as the core of my new glorious robot army.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: September 13, 2019, 01:53:16 pm »

"Well, this seems doomed to terrible failure, but I at least am prepared to fly things by ear... Just maybe put that thing inside my body so I can know backup's coming to the right place."

Proceed?

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 203