Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 341705 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1890 on: September 13, 2019, 02:35:30 pm »

So, quick orient: these people currently exiting out of the cave, right? I'm guessing the rushing noises is water?

Would teleporting this whole group outta here be possible, should it come to that? Other than that, help the wounded get up I suppose.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1891 on: September 13, 2019, 06:28:31 pm »

Quickly head back to town and hire a tracker, then resume my hunt.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: September 14, 2019, 11:18:52 pm »

Sit at the base camp and anxiously wait for the Japanese magical girl to return.  Use d12 know to figure out where Japanese people even come from, in this setting.  Also continue playing doctor, I guess.

Spoiler: O.o (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: September 15, 2019, 05:45:53 am »

Sit at the base camp and anxiously wait for the Japanese magical girl to return.  Use d12 know to figure out where Japanese people even come from, in this setting.  Also continue playing doctor, I guess.

(Who is the magical Girl you are referring to?)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: September 15, 2019, 11:14:04 pm »

((Devastator's character, who is literally stated to be Japanese as the very first word of her description.  Piecewise has jokingly referred to her as a magical girl since... pretty much since Dev joined, to my knowledge.  Eve could probably be considered a magical girl as well, but she doesn't seem to be Japanese.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1895 on: September 16, 2019, 12:57:01 am »

((Devastator's character, who is literally stated to be Japanese as the very first word of her description.  Piecewise has jokingly referred to her as a magical girl since... pretty much since Dev joined, to my knowledge.  Eve could probably be considered a magical girl as well, but she doesn't seem to be Japanese.))
Dev's character was also generated on my magical girl generator.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1896 on: September 16, 2019, 11:02:04 am »

Explore the hallway and the two doorways. Contemplate using these golems as the core of my new glorious robot army.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)

The hall, like all these places, is pretty geometrically precise but utterly plain: basically an elongate rectangle. The two doorways here are both on the left side, both with metal doors. The first door has a symbol that looks like an arrow, while the second has no symbol.  You try the first door and find it to be stuck; not locked, but clearly stuck considering the small amount of give you can get out of it and the grinding sound of metal on stone. The second door is unobstructed and leads to a stairway down, which in turn leads to another door. This one is one has no door and instead opens out onto a rather large room. There is a fair amount of rotten or rusted material here; with the only real surviving structures being a "U" shaped counter built into one wall and 8 barrel sized ceramic pots neatly pushed into a corner. There's another doorway across the room, this one with a door and a symbol of...you're not really sure. It looks vaguely like two overlapping circles, though each isn't quite a circle but a complex jagged polygon in a vague circular shape.

These golems would be very useful, though getting them up and running might be tricky.

"Well, this seems doomed to terrible failure, but I at least am prepared to fly things by ear... Just maybe put that thing inside my body so I can know backup's coming to the right place."

Proceed?

Spoiler: Zavi (click to show/hide)
Alright, well you've got the tracking device. It looks like just a metal rod about as long as your middle finger and roughly the same thickness. It has no markings on it or other indications that it is magical in nature. You also receive clothing that covers your tattoos as well as makes you look a little less threatening than a mage breaker in training.  They give you something else as well, a shoe with a knife (d6) hidden in it. Its spring loaded,  a twist of the heel will extend it and you can remove it from the shoe entirely for independent use.

They ask if there is anything else you think you'll need.

Quickly head back to town and hire a tracker, then resume my hunt.

We'll assume you can get one for about 1 gold for every 2 days.  Now, he'll be able to follow those tracks pretty well, but how do you want to handle the actual hunt? You wanna just follow the tracks to the thing itself and then start perforating the ground, hoping you kill it? Also hoping it doesn't wake up or notice you before you reach it.

So, quick orient: these people currently exiting out of the cave, right? I'm guessing the rushing noises is water?

Would teleporting this whole group outta here be possible, should it come to that? Other than that, help the wounded get up I suppose.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
Right now I have assumed you are with Sy and Naturegirl. Since you and pancaek are so...well in pancaek's case at least...fittingly flaky, I've been automoving you out of danger.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Watch the entrance and warn someone if something comes towards us
Yeah that...might be a good idea...things might get awkward.

[10v???]

You're not entirely sure what japanese is. You think it might describe people from a place but you've never heard of a place called Japanes or heard anyone else claiming to be from there. In your opinion the girl might just be a bit loony.

Continue heading upwards.  At a good place, try to block the passage physically, by moving rocks.  Have my pet monster help with that.  Use the spyglass to get an update on what's happening, but don't stick around more than a minute, keep moving.

If I can see water coming up, just drop everything and move.

[8v7]
At a more narrow section of the mine you have Benedict stop for a moment and start kicking out the ceiling joists and clawing up the stones. As he does this you take a look at whats coming with the spy glass. The beetle thing is at the entrance to the cave, or roughly there, and is violently tearing its way through the stone and trying to follow the mine shaft upwards. Luckily for you it seems to be having quite a hard time at it, being too big to get through without significantly widening the tunnel.  Benedict kicks out a final joist and then scampers as the ceiling collapses.  You let him pick you back up and carry you further along. You reach a main shaft and are ascending as you hear something crack in the distance. Then there is a great groaning and further crumbling noises that shake the earth around you. Water roars in the distance.

Up on the surface, at the base camp, a lance of green light leaps from the distant town and impacts the lake. A few moments later the water along the shore begins to recede a bit and a great whirlpool slowly materializes on the surface way out near the center of the lake. A moment later there is a rumbling and what seems like an explosion underwater, the whirlpool bursting like someone dropped a massive stone inside it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: September 16, 2019, 12:02:18 pm »

Continue watching the mineshaft

Hotfire90

« Reply #1898 on: September 16, 2019, 05:39:28 pm »

The plan is to grab onto the Ray, tie my rope around its body and then to attach myself to the rope. This should prevent me from falling of the Ray once it takes flight, from thereon I will gently persuade the Ray to land by attacking its body, and the wings if it should attempt to shake me off via maneuvers.
Basically I'm pulling a Shadow of the Collossus.

So yeah, follow the tracks to find the Ray, grab onto it and attack it until I can fully tie the rope around its body and then execute the rest of the plan.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: September 17, 2019, 12:38:43 am »

(For various reasons I've been considering Saeko half magical girl, half Final Fantasy white mage.  As for where she's from, she started at the northern map-edge, so I kinda assumed she traveled there from off-map.)

Head up top.  Use the spyglass to see if that did it, or if the mage is still around.  Pass it around after I see what happened.

"Did we do it?"

If we did it, celebrate and drain one of my guards to prime the pump for the upcoming series of limb-replacement/hugs.

If we didn't do it, drain both my guards as the mana might be necessary.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 03:44:17 am by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: September 17, 2019, 01:31:57 am »

(For various reasons I've been considering Saeko half magical girl, half Final Fantasy white mage.  As for where she's from, she started at the northern map-edge, so I kinda assumed she traveled there from off-map.)

Head up top.  Use the spyglass to see if that did it, or if the mage is still around.  Pass it around after I see what happened.

"Did we do it?"

(Thanks)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: September 20, 2019, 08:10:06 am »

"I'll try to follow from a distance in case something happens, um... May I please wear my old clothes? I... kinda lived in the slums anyway. I know how to blend in, and these uniforms really don't."
ask.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: September 20, 2019, 08:24:49 am »

GASP! Did you say ..... Ceramic? Is it ... is it high quality ceramic? Go inspect the Porce - *ahem* ceramic pots. Open one if it has a lid.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1903 on: September 20, 2019, 10:51:14 am »

GASP! Did you say ..... Ceramic? Is it ... is it high quality ceramic? Go inspect the Porce - *ahem* ceramic pots. Open one if it has a lid.

You inspect the pots. They've been glazed in quite a thick dark blue glaze so you're not sure what their actual composition is. A few knocks and some careful examination makes you think they're pretty high quality.  Three of them are empty,  two more are filled with what was once probably food, though is now not much more than dust.  The final three contain a rather odd substance. [8v2] It looks to be fist sized chunks of black opal but you recognize it as something even more valuable: Magicoal. Back in the days of magic, huge quantities of mana were compressed into a physical form for use in powering Thaumic devices like furnaces, golems, light networks, etc. This "coal" was used to power just about anything and in the last days of magic it fetched massive prices.  If there's this much of it here, these structures must significantly predate that time. They might even predate this kingdom. Or they might be what remains of a kingdom that challenged the King.

"I'll try to follow from a distance in case something happens, um... May I please wear my old clothes? I... kinda lived in the slums anyway. I know how to blend in, and these uniforms really don't."
ask.

They say this is ok.

We're basically waiting on ER to give the final ok that he doesn't need anymore stuff.

The plan is to grab onto the Ray, tie my rope around its body and then to attach myself to the rope. This should prevent me from falling of the Ray once it takes flight, from thereon I will gently persuade the Ray to land by attacking its body, and the wings if it should attempt to shake me off via maneuvers.
Basically I'm pulling a Shadow of the Collossus.

So yeah, follow the tracks to find the Ray, grab onto it and attack it until I can fully tie the rope around its body and then execute the rest of the plan.

((Man dies attempting to wrestle jumbo jet))

Well, the tracks lead to a depression in the sands, a pit of sorts that is 200 feet wide or so. The tracker tells you that this is likely the bed of the ray and that if his guess is right, its buried under the sand right now, probably digesting a recent meal. Attaching ropes to it would require reaching it under the sand, and chances are that once you start digging it would wake up. Its a tricky situation.

Continue watching the mineshaft

"Did we do it?"

If we did it, celebrate and drain one of my guards to prime the pump for the upcoming series of limb-replacement/hugs.

If we didn't do it, drain both my guards as the mana might be necessary.

Saeko reaches the exit to the mine and immediately starts sweeping the spyglass around, searching for any further hostiles. She cannot see anything; the entire cavern seems to have at least partially collapsed and filled with water.  With a sigh she hands the spyglass off to anyone else wanting it and proceeds to give a few starter hugs to people around her, extracting 5 mana without much effort.

The mage breakers are already moving out, apparently headed to town to reconnect with the troops they left behind and make sure nothing bad is happening in town.  The uninjured militia and mercs are following along for the most part, while a small number hang back to help with first aid. Those leaving promise to return with wagons to carry the injured.

The lake still bubbles and churns as the water finds its new level, seeping into every opening in the cavern.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: September 20, 2019, 11:12:15 am »

Putting away: long sword, armor, kite shield, catch pole. taking out padded cloak and backpack. requesting permission before taking out doctor bag since that was specifically asked and denied earlier, but I think it's worth re-asking here, and intend to pick up a walking stick. keeping bombs/manacles since those can be hidden in backpack great big swords, shields, or catch poles.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 203