Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 337937 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1920 on: September 25, 2019, 12:14:36 pm »

Are they willing to print any materials onto me that would be usable for Strength-based spells? Explosions are nice, but more speed-based and I could use something less immensely destructive. Electricity would be ideal; I could even use it non-lethally.
Some kind of small bag for carrying things would be good. Not too unusual to see people out on the streets with those, and it could be useful.
What kind of clothes did you give me?

Spoiler: Zavi (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: September 25, 2019, 12:20:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
”Ekrov, would you be willing to animate my aluminum arm so I can control it?”

Hotfire90

« Reply #1922 on: September 25, 2019, 02:16:09 pm »

I have a crowbar which is the next best thing. Jam the crowbar into it with all my might, make sure that I'm attached to the crowbar and finally start hacking away at it.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: September 25, 2019, 03:17:06 pm »

To be completely honest I'm not sure what "Extreme healing" is.  But as long as the other party consents and knows the risks, mage breakers don't really care. They're here to stop people from abusing magic to victimize others, not to be the Magical FDA telling you to stop grafting pizza limbs to willing participants.

Heh, that's funny, given that you are the one who invented the term and told me to put it like this! does "hard core healing" ring a bell perhaps?

If not:

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: September 26, 2019, 02:49:41 am »

Take the small ceramic containers, fill them with magicoal, place them in my backpack or tie them with rope, and climb back out. Store the magicoal in my base camp. Empty the ceramic pots
Touch one magicoal to that light orb of mine to see what it do.
return to the plant room and gather clippings, using my obsidian mystery knife. Fill my small ceramic pots.
take the clippings and sell them at an apothecary

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 06:52:29 am by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: September 26, 2019, 09:49:50 am »

Ask if they have any interesting artifacts, alternatively ask what the straight cash reward for this would be so we can compare our options.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: September 28, 2019, 12:03:00 am »

Get buffed by Saeko.  Strength to d6, end to d6, end temporarily to d8.  If the end boost works, try to animate Eve's metal arm.

Does Saeko qualify as someone who has fought off a possession of their own will, for the purpose od Ekrov's sculpture?  Dev says she might, as she had to host an anger spirit inside her temporarily, and would have fought off possession during that.

Spoiler: O.o (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1927 on: September 28, 2019, 12:56:35 pm »

Are they willing to print any materials onto me that would be usable for Strength-based spells? Explosions are nice, but more speed-based and I could use something less immensely destructive. Electricity would be ideal; I could even use it non-lethally.
Some kind of small bag for carrying things would be good. Not too unusual to see people out on the streets with those, and it could be useful.
What kind of clothes did you give me?

Spoiler: Zavi (click to show/hide)
The mage breakers talk among themselves about this first request. They come forward with the following materials that they have on hand. They say you can take any one of them, if it will help. They even say that if you are successful they will not ask you to remove it afterwards.

Lead
Honey
Fire
Sunlight (Burning light)
Toxin

A small bag is provided.

Inconspicuous street clothing. Basically just a long sleeved tunic and pants.

I have a crowbar which is the next best thing. Jam the crowbar into it with all my might, make sure that I'm attached to the crowbar and finally start hacking away at it.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)
[1+1 v 3]
You raise the crowbar and slam the pointed end down into the ray's flesh. Its like trying to puncture a rubber tire; the crowbar nearly rebounds into your face and you end up toppling over as all the weight and force of your blow bounces and slides off.  Hmmm.  You sit back up and look at crowbar.  Its true this point isn't razor sharp or anything. The war ax has a roughly half moon appearance though, with points on either end...if you could get that in there parallel to the direction the ray will be moving, it might act like a fishing hook, snagging into the flesh. You decide to give it a try.

[4v4,4]

You tie the rope around the head of the ax, right where it attaches to the haft, and then around your waist. That done, you kneel down, raise the ax above your head, and slam it down with all your might. Again, you feel the rubbery flesh of the ray blunt the strike, but unlike last time enough of the force is concentrated on the edge to pierce through. The blade sinks in, not to the haft but just enough that the "hooked" part seems to snag in.  The ground immediately quakes and you are thrust straight up into the air, flopping onto your belly as the ray jerks itself out of the earth. Sand pours away under you until you're laying flat against the creature's back. It moves, seemingly looking for whatever attacked it, and the ax digs in. With a rumbling cry the creature suddenly begins to move, loping foward in a sort of awkward gallop. You're bouncing about, dropping a dozen feet or more with each step, completely unable to get your footing or do much of anything other than hang on.

Take the small ceramic containers, fill them with magicoal, place them in my backpack or tie them with rope, and climb back out. Store the magicoal in my base camp. Empty the ceramic pots
Touch one magicoal to that light orb of mine to see what it do.
return to the plant room and gather clippings, using my obsidian mystery knife. Fill my small ceramic pots.
take the clippings and sell them at an apothecary

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
You gather up the containers and fill them as full as you can with magicoal and carefully pack them away before heading back out. [2v2] You climb back up to base camp without issue and empty out the magicoal, piling it up in one corner before returning the containers to your bag.

You touch a piece of magicoal to the orb and it seems to ignite into neon green flame and remains burning as long as it is in contact with the orb. The flames do not injure you and in fact have no temperature. The magicoal seems to very slowly be burning away though, and the orb is definitely absorbing mana.

You pull out the obsidian knife and take hold of it. The freezing cold of the knife penetrates your body and you feel your fingers tighten around the handle like a vice.

You have been cursed! You cannot drop the knife until you have killed another sapient being with it! So long as the knife is held, you may manipulate any blood it spills as though you had the "Blood" material. This does not cost mana, but still has a difficulty die as normal. Other effects may reveal themselves as time goes on...

You look at the knife in mild annoyance, shaking it as though it were stuck to your hand by glue.   Seeing as this doesn't work, you simply go and gather the clippings as you intended. You find doing these things with one hand...well its not impossible but its more tricky.

Ask if they have any interesting artifacts, alternatively ask what the straight cash reward for this would be so we can compare our options.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

The reward in cash would be about 500 gold.  As per artifacts, there are a few. 

The first is about 100lbs of black biometal. This isn't just a big lump of metal though; biometal will, once bonded to a partner, follow that person's orders, transforming into any object or creature they desire. This does not require a roll, but does require mana from the partner.

The second is a brass key that enables the holder to "Step through" one doorway and come out of any other doorway they've ever passed through. The cost of doing this increases depending on the amount of time it has been since the user passed through the doorway. Ie teleporting to a doorway you walked through yesterday is cheaper than one you walked through last month.

Last, they offer a tablet which contains several materials for flesh scrolls, though they won't say which ones.

To be completely honest I'm not sure what "Extreme healing" is.  But as long as the other party consents and knows the risks, mage breakers don't really care. They're here to stop people from abusing magic to victimize others, not to be the Magical FDA telling you to stop grafting pizza limbs to willing participants.

Heh, that's funny, given that you are the one who invented the term and told me to put it like this! does "hard core healing" ring a bell perhaps?

If not:

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
Ah, well then.

So...reanimating the dead is a bit of a tricky business. Necromancy, ie using bodies as puppets, is more accepted than rezing people. Mostly because rezing implies some sort of forcing of the soul to return to the body and generally has more...unpleasant and unexpected side effects than just raising a puppet.

However, if you have the family's ok and do everything up front, they won't stop you. Though they'll probably want to be somewhere nearby just in case things go...bad.

((Naturegirl, if you want something done about that aluminum arm, now is the time.  Also, let me know if you want the 15 mana I'm offering to the participating mages.))

Stat boosts:  End to +2, (30 mana) Will to +2, (30 mana), Str/Spd/Sen to +1 each. (30 mana)  Do in front of a mirror, if possible.

Cast two Strengthen spells on Ekrov, to permanently increase his Strength and Endurance to d6.

If Ekrov is animating Eve's arm, cast a temporary spell to increase his End to d8 for attempts.  Give Ekrov mana equivalent to the mana cost of animating her lightsilver arm.

Also, with my newfound surplus of mana, I'd like to use a strengthen spell on my armour to make it bright and colourful again, without losing any protection.

I'm mostly ready to go, but I'd like to acquire a few more goods before heading to the capital.  Since I heard this town is rich in precious metals and gemstones, see if I can find a jeweller who would be interested in selling rings with magic spells on them to enhance the capabilities of the wearer.  With all the mercs in town, they should sell well.  Negotate a price, and sell up to six of them with one permanent d6 Strengthen (stat) spell each.  In exchange I'd like a few gemstones, and a few small ingots of gold and silver.

-90 mana

The physical changes of +1 are not very noticable, except for str. You don't gain massive muscles, but they becomes more pronounced. Almost like going from a normal healthy person to an althlete, but not a body builder.  End increase makes you glow very slightly. Its not really noticable unless you're in almost complete darkness or you
re specifically looking for it. The Will boost seems to make your eyes change color slightly and gain a more inhuman, violet like hue.
[3v6] -6
[9v1] -1
[3v3] -3
[6v1] -1
so -11 mana for the buffs, temp and perm.

[10v2] -2
Armor is now nice and pretty again, but nothing else about it has changed.

There are jewelers who would be willing, but the issue is stock. Rings like that would sell best if customized to the user OR if they had a stock of like...10 of each kind of ring which boosted 1 stat. If you feel like sitting down and enchanting a bunch of rings, they'll be more than happy to pay you a flat fee and then some more for each ring sold.

Get buffed by Saeko.  Strength to d6, end to d6, end temporarily to d8.  If the end boost works, try to animate Eve's metal arm.

Does Saeko qualify as someone who has fought off a possession of their own will, for the purpose od Ekrov's sculpture?  Dev says she might, as she had to host an anger spirit inside her temporarily, and would have fought off possession during that.

Spoiler: O.o (click to show/hide)
”Ekrov, would you be willing to animate my aluminum arm so I can control it?”
[5v5] -5 mana

You succeed on animating Eve's metal arm and tying it to her will, though it was a bit expensive.

As per saeko's blood...you think that might actually count!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: September 28, 2019, 01:58:53 pm »

Instead of doing one ring per spell, do one d10 spell to enchant several rings at once.  Do 3 sets.  Use Strengthen Speed for one set, and just Strengthen for the other two stats that will sell for the best.  Ask for the same rewards, some precious gems and small ingots of precious metals.  Retry failures.

Do tell them that I'd be willing to do a personalized item, but I'm leaving town soon.  If a good offer comes in, (hundreds of gold range, or an Invoker word) I'll take it.

Ekrov has my permission to draw blood.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 02:38:36 pm by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: September 28, 2019, 02:04:23 pm »

”Thank you, Ekrov. What can I do to repay you?”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: September 28, 2019, 04:10:26 pm »

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: September 28, 2019, 04:18:01 pm »

(Did Eve hear the rewards?)
If so
"How much biometal will 50 gold get me?"(assuming Ekrov doesn't want gold)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: September 28, 2019, 04:58:36 pm »

"Maybe I should be asking you that, actually.  Do you want anything special?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: September 28, 2019, 05:03:49 pm »

"Maybe the biometal, though I'm not sure I deserve it since all I did was fail a spell"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: September 28, 2019, 05:32:48 pm »

Eh? Just long sleves and pants? That wont do.
"What. Have you never been homeless before? Those are way too clean, and wheres the undershirt? He is supposed to be sleeping in those, so he has layers even if they arent complete, and it isnt salt-stained at the lower back either. There should be sweat marks here and-"
Correct the supposed slumwear to make it accurate. Remember that it's my background, I actually DO know what its supposed to look and smell like so I can enable him to blend in properly.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 203