Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 342542 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1935 on: September 28, 2019, 07:47:33 pm »

garstopit

I'LL TAKE YOUR ENTIRE STOCK

((*Garstorpit.  ;) ))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
”Thank you, Ekrov. What can I do to repay you?”

"Err, I hadn't even thought of a reward, to be perfectly honest.  I suppose... well, if you have mana, paying Saeko for the cost of the animation would be fair?  I took no loss myself, as Saeko provided the mana necessary."

((That's six mana, FYI.  Five from Ekrov actually casting the spell, and one from Saeko buffing Ekrov to reduce the failure chance.))

Ekrov pauses a moment, then contines.  "...Your magic is sourced from sculptures, yes?  It wouldn't exactly count as payment, but as I am a mystical sculptor myself, we could share the materials that we possess.  The power of animation is enviable, and is certainly as valuable as the ability to summon lightmetal, if not moreso.  It is a good trade for you."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: September 28, 2019, 07:58:11 pm »

"It is good. I will give Saeko the mana too, as I have enough. We can share materials too. What materials do you need for your sculpture? I have silver wire and a smooth river rock and need about a half layer of mercury and a block of ice. what materials do you need for your sculpture? I have a pry-bar, 100 ft of string, and a ghost charm. I am a Servant Sculptor so I'm going to want to keep the ghost charm, I have 50 gold."
Give Saeko 6 mana

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: September 28, 2019, 08:31:39 pm »

"Err.. okay?  I thought fixing your arm was only fair because you lost it while trying to fight down in the caverns with me.

I still feel you deserve some reward for it, though, you were the only one of us to get hurt.  The other mages, and myself all made it out okay."

"I could make something for you if you'd like."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: September 28, 2019, 08:34:28 pm »

"Fixing the arm was enough. Thank you. I just feel bad for not being able to help as much."

To Ekrov
"If you want biometal too, we can split it 50/50"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 08:55:13 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: September 29, 2019, 06:30:47 am »

Oh, this won't do. Sheathe the knife so I don't accidentally anything with it, then go sell my clippings at an apocathery. After this, go look about town for a curse-breaker, or rumors thereof.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: September 29, 2019, 10:19:27 am »

Ok then, since you didn’t mention anyone actually needing any rezzing services (despite the battle casualties there seemed to be), I guess that means we can move on. How much gold for a couple weeks’ supplies? Also, do we still have that sedated bugman?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 02:19:55 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: September 30, 2019, 09:40:40 am »

Concerning the black biometal, how much mana does it take to make it transform? Also, how much thaum would that 100lbs convert into if Darwin were to do his thing with it?

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: September 30, 2019, 09:42:22 am »

"Maybe I should be asking you that, actually.  Do you want anything special?"
“Are potions possible?”

Hotfire90

« Reply #1943 on: September 30, 2019, 02:32:47 pm »

Regain my footing by stabbing my sword into the Ray and holding onto it. Move towards one of the wings once I've regained my footing.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 04:31:33 pm by Hotfire90 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: October 01, 2019, 09:48:12 pm »

I'll take that Toxic, and cast a d6 Endurance spell to make myself permanently immune to corrosive gas. Repeat as many times as needed to get a success.

Spoiler: Zavi (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: October 02, 2019, 05:25:57 am »

give Saeko and Ekrov the amount of mana they used to fix my arm. Take the biometsl and give 1/3 to Ekrov, and 1/3 to Saeko, keeping the last 1/3

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1946 on: October 02, 2019, 12:11:11 pm »

Eh? Just long sleves and pants? That wont do.
"What. Have you never been homeless before? Those are way too clean, and wheres the undershirt? He is supposed to be sleeping in those, so he has layers even if they arent complete, and it isnt salt-stained at the lower back either. There should be sweat marks here and-"
Correct the supposed slumwear to make it accurate. Remember that it's my background, I actually DO know what its supposed to look and smell like so I can enable him to blend in properly.
I'll take that Toxic, and cast a d6 Endurance spell to make myself permanently immune to corrosive gas. Repeat as many times as needed to get a success.

Spoiler: Zavi (click to show/hide)
D6 can't buy you complete immunity, but it can get you high resistance.
[1+2v1]
Apparently for 1 mana as well. Pretty good.

And we'll assume that Nina properly dirties you up and makes you look slummy  while still concealing your tattoos.

Good to go now?

Regain my footing by stabbing my sword into the Ray and holding onto it. Move towards one of the wings once I've regained my footing.
[8+1 v1]
You draw your sword and use the bouncing to drive it in with not only your full strength but the motion of the beast. Again it cries out with that low rumbling roar and suddenly thrusts itself forward, going from a run into a glide. Its great wings flap once and it lifts off,  rising into the air in an increasingly steep climb. Wind roars past in a battering gale and you cling to the sword's handle as the creature goes nearly vertical, ascending hundreds of feet above the sands.
[1v6]
As the ray begins to level out a bit you try to regain your footing and stand up, but as you rise the ray flaps and your knees buckle beneath the sudden rise. You lose your grip on the sword and go skidding off, towards the Ray's side. The rope around your waist catches you before you can go all the way off, but you find yourself with your legs dangling over empty space while you clutch frantically at the creature's smooth and rubbery flesh.

Oh, this won't do. Sheathe the knife so I don't accidentally anything with it, then go sell my clippings at an apocathery. After this, go look about town for a curse-breaker, or rumors thereof.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)
You sheathe the knife (which looks quite odd considering how you are holding the knife), and then head back. You sell the clippings for 15 gold (keeping careful track of which sell for the most. The man you're selling to doesn't seem to recognize most of the plants though) and then ask around for someone to break a curse. Apparently there are a fair share of cursed items in the excavation so there are actually several curse breaking "shops" around. The only issue with them is that they seem quite expensive: apparently their services are usually used by big companies so they've inflated their price to match the pockets of those companies instead of the individual. You pay a total of 4 gold to have the thing appraised at a variety of places and the "Cure" most offer is to remove the hand holding it. To break the curse itself without harming you is gonna require either a large amount of mana or over 100 gold.

Ok then, since you didn’t mention anyone actually needing any rezzing services (despite the battle casualties there seemed to be), I guess that means we can move on. How much gold for a couple weeks’ supplies? Also, do we still have that sedated bugman?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
Couple weeks? Lets assume about 1 gold for every 2 days. So like 7 gold for 14 days. Expand as you like.

We'll assume you still have him. And have been sedating him repeatedly as needed. He'd be pretty docile now regardless.

Concerning the black biometal, how much mana does it take to make it transform? Also, how much thaum would that 100lbs convert into if Darwin were to do his thing with it?

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
Depends on how big of a transformation it is. If you had it in like a wolf form and then transformed it into like a saber tooth tiger, that would be quite cheap since they're really quite similar. Maybe a mana or two. but if you were doing complete transformations from like wolf to 50 spiders, that would get more expensive.

Over 100 likely. Maybe more in the 150, 200 range. Its pretty rare.

give Saeko and Ekrov the amount of mana they used to fix my arm. Take the biometsl and give 1/3 to Ekrov, and 1/3 to Saeko, keeping the last 1/3
Ok first, one action per turn please. I see like 3 bolded actions this turn.
Second, that biometal isn't being offered to you. Its being offered to Pancaek and Radio. You threw your lot in with Dev and Sy who already had set rewards.

We'll assume the mana gets transferred.

Instead of doing one ring per spell, do one d10 spell to enchant several rings at once.  Do 3 sets.  Use Strengthen Speed for one set, and just Strengthen for the other two stats that will sell for the best.  Ask for the same rewards, some precious gems and small ingots of precious metals.  Retry failures.

Do tell them that I'd be willing to do a personalized item, but I'm leaving town soon.  If a good offer comes in, (hundreds of gold range, or an Invoker word) I'll take it.

Ekrov has my permission to draw blood.

[2+2 v 4] -4
[1+2 v 8] -8
You get the speed rings done but the next set of rings literally melt into some sort of ruined slag as you attempt to enchant them. You try again but the lost resources are coming out of your payment.
[2+2 v 9] -9
Another set of rings melts and the seller starts getting nervous.
[5+2 v 6] -6
[7+2 v 1] -1

A set of strength rings comes out ok, and the last set of Endurance rings comes out better than expected. The seller is still somewhat apprehensive but seems pleased overall. He gives you a small bag of cut precious gems and a small box of precious metal ingots.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: October 02, 2019, 12:18:27 pm »

Sorry, I got confused
How much mana needs to be subtracted?

Hotfire90

« Reply #1948 on: October 02, 2019, 01:48:58 pm »

Climb back up to the sword, once back up there lie down and repeatedly stab the Ray with the sword. Should it look like the Ray is going to attempt shaking me off while I'm still climbing, stop climbing and fire at a wing with my crossbow.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: October 02, 2019, 07:26:31 pm »

Sorry, I got confused
How much mana needs to be subtracted?
Six.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 203