Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 342367 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #1950 on: October 02, 2019, 07:52:15 pm »

Spoiler: Subtracted 6 mana (click to show/hide)
“Glad I could help, even if it’s not direct combat, I still was able to help make a camp for the long trek back to town. I’m headed to Bromcresol for mercury, if anyone else is headed there, we could travel together
Head to Bromcresol
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 01:09:16 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: October 03, 2019, 01:29:23 am »

Time to leave the city.  Take catbird and fly back to the town outside the capital where I can land safely.  I'm not going to keep him there, though, so look for a place for me and one guard to stay, that seems reasonably secure enough for my baggage.  Cast a Steel spell on the steel scrap metal to change it into a more portable and valuable form, such as useful rods and bars instead of simple scrap metal.

Ekrov said he wanted to loot the remains of the Airship, and to that effect, he can fly Benedict back to the airship wreck, and take one of my guards with him while he's doing that.  I'll likely be here for at least a few days raising money and equipment for the trip.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 02:06:16 am by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: October 03, 2019, 02:13:12 am »

9 gold in supplies. Please inform us when we're about at half of these, so we'll know when to get more?

Learn whatever I can about the bugman without dissecting it or damaging it.

Mercs still paid for?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: October 03, 2019, 06:47:16 am »

There's really only one obvious course of action here: go someplace private and stab myself with the curse knife. I am attempting to gain the material [curse]. Failing that, [sharp] or [stabby] will do.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: October 03, 2019, 01:02:27 pm »

We will gratefully accept the black biometal as our reward. After thanking them, go over to Darwin and give the biometal to him for safekeeping. Then just stick by him and strike some poses, it's been a while.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: October 04, 2019, 04:50:53 am »

Fly Benedict (and one of Saeko's guards, whoever seems trustworthy) to the crashed clockwork ship wreckage that Saeko brought down before.  Assuming nothing special happens en-route, circle the place and judge it from the air.  Has it been discovered, or laid claim to by anyone?  Perhaps even picked clean already, somehow?  Or is the place basically untouched?

Spoiler: O.o (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1956 on: October 06, 2019, 11:42:39 am »

Climb back up to the sword, once back up there lie down and repeatedly stab the Ray with the sword. Should it look like the Ray is going to attempt shaking me off while I'm still climbing, stop climbing and fire at a wing with my crossbow.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)
[6v2]
You turn around, getting on your belly, and crawl back up to the sword as the thing banks hard to the left. You pull the sword free and start stabbing repeatedly. However, the creature doesn't seem to be weakening. Its so massive that your sword blows are probably not reaching anything vital: Like trying to kill a man with a needle. You need a better target, a place where the blow will matter.

Spoiler: Subtracted 6 mana (click to show/hide)
“Glad I could help, even if it’s not direct combat, I still was able to help make a camp for the long trek back to town. I’m headed to Bromcresol for mercury, if anyone else is headed there, we could travel together
Head to Bromcresol
Bromcresol is a pretty good ways away, and through the wastelands where there are no rivers and little to no food. You could go there by the roads, though it would be a significantly longer trek, or try to go straight there through the wastelands. The straight path is faster but has a chance to get lost and a greater chance to encounter things. In either case it might be good to stock up a bit on supplies before you go, else you maybe die of dehydration on the way. You could get a couple days worth of food and water for 1 gold.

There's really only one obvious course of action here: go someplace private and stab myself with the curse knife. I am attempting to gain the material [curse]. Failing that, [sharp] or [stabby] will do.

[1v7]
Your first attempt to stab yourself results in what amounts to a minor chickening out. You only jab yourself with the tip and barely do anything. You steel yourself and try again.
[6v6]
This time you get a good stab. Almost too good. You sink the knife  straight into your leg, driving the point straight into the femur. For a moment it doesn't hurt so bad but the pain builds quickly and trying to remove it only hurts more.  Blood pours in a slow stream down your leg; not fatal or anything but still surprisingly voluminous.

[Word gained: Weapon] 

We will gratefully accept the black biometal as our reward. After thanking them, go over to Darwin and give the biometal to him for safekeeping. Then just stick by him and strike some poses, it's been a while.

9 gold in supplies. Please inform us when we're about at half of these, so we'll know when to get more?

Learn whatever I can about the bugman without dissecting it or damaging it.

Mercs still paid for?

Will do.
I forget how long you hired them for, but its been about a week since you first hired them.

[10]
You do a complete examination of the insectman while Eclair poses behind you. The following things become clear.
1. These things are not transformed humans, they are a unique species
2. They appear, judging by the available organs and what you can guess about their function, to have communicated pheromones but also sound: they have an oddly well developed ear for an insect.
3. Though you've only seen them in combat, they seem to be more general use than that. Unlike ants with their specialized drones and soldiers, these creatures had only one body plan which was used to do everything from fight to aid in agriculture.
4. They are apparently omnivorous but their diet in the cave was nearly entirely vegetarian.
5. Their carapace is softer than expected, more like dense rubber than bone, and apparently there is an exoskeleton as well, albeit a seemingly incomplete one.
6. Their vision is based on a compound eye but seems more acute than other insects.
7. They cannot fly outside of the low gravity of the cave, but they can use their wings for enhanced jumping and similar movement.
8. They appear to be sexless and sterile.

Fly Benedict (and one of Saeko's guards, whoever seems trustworthy) to the crashed clockwork ship wreckage that Saeko brought down before.  Assuming nothing special happens en-route, circle the place and judge it from the air.  Has it been discovered, or laid claim to by anyone?  Perhaps even picked clean already, somehow?  Or is the place basically untouched?

The wreckage is relatively near the capital but thanks to its location far off the main roads it has yet to attract attention. It appears to still be in the same state that Saeko described it; though a bit dustier.

Time to leave the city.  Take catbird and fly back to the town outside the capital where I can land safely.  I'm not going to keep him there, though, so look for a place for me and one guard to stay, that seems reasonably secure enough for my baggage.  Cast a Steel spell on the steel scrap metal to change it into a more portable and valuable form, such as useful rods and bars instead of simple scrap metal.

Ekrov said he wanted to loot the remains of the Airship, and to that effect, he can fly Benedict back to the airship wreck, and take one of my guards with him while he's doing that.  I'll likely be here for at least a few days raising money and equipment for the trip.

You and Ekrov fly back out to Mofette, parting ways with the mage breakers and their blimp outside the capital. Finding secure lodging is easy enough (2 gold a week) and you deposit your gear there while Ekrov flies out to loot the wreckage of the airship.
[1+2v2][-2 mana]
You pile the steel up and then cast a spell over it, converting it into ingots while also pulling the impurities out of it, leaving wonderfully shining dense bars of metal and a small black and brown pile of dust beside it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: October 06, 2019, 11:50:29 am »

Spend 9 gold on food and water and follow the roads

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: October 06, 2019, 02:53:56 pm »

Before hitting the sack, there are a couple more things to do.

1. Start two new potions.  Use a d12 Grow Strengthen (willpower) spell on one, and a d12 Grow Strengthen (endurance) spell on another.  The goal is to improve those two statistics over a period of two weeks, after the potion is drunk.  The grow word and the duration are intended to improve the effectiveness.  This won't be enough to move from d10 to d12, but it should be a good start.  Do not retry failures.

2. After getting settled in the room, open the box of painting guardian.  If whatever's left in there is not operative, try to give it 3 mana, in an attempt to revive it.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 07:45:37 pm by Devastator »

Hotfire90

« Reply #1959 on: October 06, 2019, 03:12:33 pm »

Make my way to the head and climb down to its eyes. Plunge my sword into one of its eyes and try my best to hang on to it with my sword.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 07:18:04 pm by Hotfire90 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: October 07, 2019, 05:02:39 pm »

...Okay, awesome.  Land and look around a bit, basically just make sure the place is indeed safe, and if nothing starts shooting at us, invest 10 mana to increase Senses to d12+1.

Then, start exploring the wreckage, seeing what's intact.  In order of priority, Ekrov wants to find and study:

1. The remains of the ship's artificial mind.
2. The remains of the ship's power source, which Saeko retrieved that glowing pellet from.  Especially if there's more pellets, or any hints of how it was used to generate power--a simple steam turbine?
3.  Remains of any crew.  IIRC, the crew was itself mechanical?  Even a destroyed robot person would be of immense interest.
4. The remains of the craft's propulsion.  How did it fly?  A blimp?  Rotor blades?  Wings?  Something more magical?
5. Whatever intact clockwork tools and pieces can be scavenged.  I believe Saeko left behind some guns, and presumably quite a lot of ammo (:D) but anything that might be useful or valuable is of interest.  A fancy can opener would qualify, if it still works.

6. As a general question, what state is the craft in?  Is it just a big pile of destroyed junk, or more just crippled, with a largely intact structure?  Is there any chance it could be repaired?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: October 08, 2019, 06:59:35 am »

Carefully patch myself up and contemplate jsut how much mana I would need in order to break this curse, and what materials. Would Weapon be sufficient? Weapon + Toxin?

Would coating the weapon in Black Flux be an effective anti curse measure (since that material is supposed to ground and nullify magic)? Would converting the weapon to Porcelain be of use? Head back down to base camp while I mull this over. Feed the kitten.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: October 08, 2019, 10:47:46 am »

I forget how long you hired them for, but its been about a week since you first hired them.
Yeah, me neither. We'll just let them go then, ok? Also, really, a week? Seemed like 2 days tops in-game.

Transform all of the biometal to thaum, except for about 5 kg worth. How much thaum?

Set off to the capital, but on foot for now. Just follow the road, keep going until we either reach a town, find something noteworthy or get a random encounter. Be sure to have a watch rotation for the night.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: October 09, 2019, 04:05:33 pm »

Tag along with Darwin. Whistle a jaunty tune as we travel.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1964 on: October 10, 2019, 11:42:24 am »

Spend 9 gold on food and water and follow the roads
Done. Lets see now....

You make it to Crocus without issue and sleep in an alley to save some cash. You head out the next day, take the fork for Ens Veneris, and as you travel that road you come across an odd sight. Its a bit off the road, but you can see what looks like like two men laying in the dirt, maybe 15 feet apart. They aren't moving.

Make my way to the head and climb down to its eyes. Plunge my sword into one of its eyes and try my best to hang on to it with my sword.
[3v8]
[4v8]
The ray suddenly banks hard left, sending you rolling, before it then banks right and begins a slow corkscrew, turning completely upside down. You find yourself dangling from the rope, flapping about in mid air as the ray continues to maneuver. You feel the ax start to slip a bit, cutting and tearing itself free due to all the jerking and weight on the rope.

Carefully patch myself up and contemplate jsut how much mana I would need in order to break this curse, and what materials. Would Weapon be sufficient? Weapon + Toxin?

Would coating the weapon in Black Flux be an effective anti curse measure (since that material is supposed to ground and nullify magic)? Would converting the weapon to Porcelain be of use? Head back down to base camp while I mull this over. Feed the kitten.

The curse is connected to the weapon itself so just the "Weapon" word might give you some leverage. You're not sure how much mana it would take to break the curse; you'd have to try it at least once to get an idea.
[1]
You have no idea if the black flux thing will work, nor if the porcelain thing would work. Its a complete crapshoot to your eyes. You return to your camp and feed the kitten. It seems happy enough here, if a bit spooked, cooped up, and lacking a litter box or similar place.

Tag along with Darwin. Whistle a jaunty tune as we travel.

Yeah, me neither. We'll just let them go then, ok? Also, really, a week? Seemed like 2 days tops in-game.

Transform all of the biometal to thaum, except for about 5 kg worth. How much thaum?

Set off to the capital, but on foot for now. Just follow the road, keep going until we either reach a town, find something noteworthy or get a random encounter. Be sure to have a watch rotation for the night.

I assumed some days were taken up with finishing up various things, settling debts, etc. Time skip basically.

When you attempt to convert the Biometal you get a bit of it in but as soon as you start breaking it down the stuff literally leaps out of the beaker and reconnects with the larger block. When you attempt to get it back in, it actively fights against you and slithers between your fingers.  It never attacks you, but it seems completely hell bent on not being  dissolved.  Stupid living metal.

You head out, walking behind Eve and only splitting up at Crocus.  Its a small town, mostly only still on the map because of its position on the main road north. Whatever it once was, its now basically just a pit stop on the way to more distant locales.

Before hitting the sack, there are a couple more things to do.

1. Start two new potions.  Use a d12 Grow Strengthen (willpower) spell on one, and a d12 Grow Strengthen (endurance) spell on another.  The goal is to improve those two statistics over a period of two weeks, after the potion is drunk.  The grow word and the duration are intended to improve the effectiveness.  This won't be enough to move from d10 to d12, but it should be a good start.  Do not retry failures.

2. After getting settled in the room, open the box of painting guardian.  If whatever's left in there is not operative, try to give it 3 mana, in an attempt to revive it.

[1+2v12]
Oh dear.
[1+2v8]
Oh double dear.

You put your hand over what is effectively just sugar water and attempt to push magic into it.  You see mana leaping into the potion, changing the fluid into a luminous green. But then the bottle begins to vibrate and ring, the tone going higher and higher until the glass starts to crack. Then it stops and everything is silent. The glow of the liquid dies away and the green fades. For a moment everything seems fine; as though the magic just failed to take hold.  Then a bolt of green energy leaps from the failed potion and strikes you in the right arm, curling around it in an instant. You are physically flung back against the wall, nearly through it, and collapse to the ground in a heap. Your arm is smoldering and there is a spiral Lichtenberg style burn up it that still glows faintly green. You feel with partially numb fingers where the burn curls up your shoulder, round your neck, and to your right temple.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 203