Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 342813 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #2010 on: October 30, 2019, 11:50:17 am »

assuming the freaking explosion in the middle of the camp was noticable:
"Seriously? Well damn. Guess its go time then."
Advance on the camp and prepare for mayhem, but try to remain unnoticed and retain suprise for now at least.
Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 01:28:25 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: October 30, 2019, 12:09:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I wish I could help, but I'm not experienced in construction. Thank you for talking with me. I will be on my way" Get back on the roads to Bromcresol. Use the ghost charm on the way
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 06:19:31 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: October 30, 2019, 12:43:49 pm »

There appears to be one in the city, and one further northeast.

Where in the city?

Either way, hire 4 workers (2 gold/day) and 1 guard (1 gold/day). Make sure to take the time to screen for reliable and trustworthy employees.
(if we need to account for supplies for them, tell us how much gold that'd cost please)

Then, off we go! Start prospecting based on where I think diamonds are most likely to be found based on the maps we got earlier.

If after a day or 3 no leads are found whatsoever, do a d8 knowledge diamond-sensing spell to get a vague area down on the map, then go there and use the detector to pin it down.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 12:46:27 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: October 30, 2019, 09:27:20 pm »

"No, you."

Use 30 Mana to upgrade Speed to d6+2.
Do a magic to introduce enough sedative to those two guys that they pass out, but don't die. If this doesn't use Speed for some reason, then don't do the upgrade.

Spoiler: Zavi (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: October 30, 2019, 09:52:41 pm »

"The ghost charm is because I'll be interviewing people to bring with me, and work with in close quarters for weeks if not a month.  I had an encounter with a person containing an anger spirit some time ago.  I want to be able to screen candidates for spirits before we leave, and to monitor people who might get posessed while working on the graveyard of a long-dead city.  It's necessary for security."

"Alchemy gear is less necessary, but converting items or material to thaum may be useful for removing curses or destroying dangerous objects, and is less wasteful than disposing of them.  It would make our efforts safer, and extracting some essences would allow for different kinds of magic to be used, not just the ones I have a word for."

Explain.  Finish with the note that 600 gold is a bare minimum for expenses.  Someone with a contract for unlimited funds can provide more than that upon delivery.  Try to charm this guy into paying extra.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: November 01, 2019, 07:13:59 am »

Take careful note of the wacko lady's description, hunting grounds, and any other useful information, then go hang out in the hunting area looking adventurous. If it helps, wave my nife around vaguely and babble about ground ghosts and walking dust mops and the mouse conspiracy.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #2016 on: November 01, 2019, 05:43:41 pm »

((The ax was supposed to stay inside the mouth, it's supposed to save me from falling from my death via the safety line attached to it. Also I still have my +1 bonus to strength.))

Hang on tight while its diving. Climb onto its back and make my way towards it right wing once it slows down its dive or attempts to land.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: November 01, 2019, 06:17:14 pm »

"Darwin, this is possibly the most dissapointing town I've been in yet. There isn't a single interesting hat here. It's positively barbaric."

Follow along with Darwin and help him out with our diamond business.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: November 02, 2019, 11:42:55 pm »

Uh, keep cutting apart metals and thauming them.  You said it'd take two more days and would average ~100 per day, so yeah, do that.  Jeeze.  Also, I'm gonna consume just 19 thaum immediately, leave the rest raw.

Take a few hours out of the workday to diagnose whatever is wrong with Benedict.  Saeko apparently couldn't figure out why he's as tired as he is, apparently it has something to do with having too many enchantments on him?  Maybe?  Just do a physical examination at first, and if that doesn't reveal anything, use animate to... examine his animating lifeforce, I guess?  Sense-based scrying spell to figure out what's wrong with him.

Can Benedict even lift one of those crucibles for the radioactive pellets, when otherwise unladen?

Spoiler: O.o (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: November 03, 2019, 06:53:23 am »

Knowledge is normally used for scrying,  syv.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2020 on: November 03, 2019, 09:40:04 am »

"No, you."

Use 30 Mana to upgrade Speed to d6+2.
Do a magic to introduce enough sedative to those two guys that they pass out, but don't die. If this doesn't use Speed for some reason, then don't do the upgrade.

Spoiler: Zavi (click to show/hide)
Alright
[3+2v1]
[1]
-1 mana

You wave a hand at the two men and they waver on their feet for a few seconds before collapsing, thin streams of gas flowing from their mouths and noses.

assuming the freaking explosion in the middle of the camp was noticable:
"Seriously? Well damn. Guess its go time then."
Advance on the camp and prepare for mayhem, but try to remain unnoticed and retain suprise for now at least.
You get to the edge of camp unnoticed (everyone is focused on the explosion for the moment) and immediately start grabbing workers as silently as possible. They're in a sort of daze and seem to collapse into submission the moment you grab them, so restraining them is easy. You and the magebreakers move inwards, towards the main camp, securing as you go. You notice someone emerge from a building behind Zavi and start running, apparently trying to get away.

"I wish I could help, but I'm not experienced in construction. Thank you for talking with me. I will be on my way" Get back on the roads to Bromcresol. Use the ghost charm on the way
Just outside of town there's a ping on the charm. You follow it off the road a while until you find what appears to be a tiny stone temple. Its maybe a foot tall but fairly ornate with little pillars and engravings and such. There's  a small doorway in the front the the charm points straight into the dark interior of the little building.

"Darwin, this is possibly the most dissapointing town I've been in yet. There isn't a single interesting hat here. It's positively barbaric."

Follow along with Darwin and help him out with our diamond business.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
There appears to be one in the city, and one further northeast.

Where in the city?

Either way, hire 4 workers (2 gold/day) and 1 guard (1 gold/day). Make sure to take the time to screen for reliable and trustworthy employees.
(if we need to account for supplies for them, tell us how much gold that'd cost please)

Then, off we go! Start prospecting based on where I think diamonds are most likely to be found based on the maps we got earlier.

If after a day or 3 no leads are found whatsoever, do a d8 knowledge diamond-sensing spell to get a vague area down on the map, then go there and use the detector to pin it down.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)

Merchant's district is about as exact as you can get without going off to search for it specifically.

Okie dokie.

[6v4] It takes some searching and a lot of walking but eventually you manage to get the compass to zero in on a likely location. Its near the river, on the west side, south of the capital.  Seemingly straight wilderness with no claims or locals. You do a walk around with the compass and start mapping off the edges of the area. From what you can tell its an area of a few hundred feet in a roughly oval shape, extending a bit into the river itself.

"The ghost charm is because I'll be interviewing people to bring with me, and work with in close quarters for weeks if not a month.  I had an encounter with a person containing an anger spirit some time ago.  I want to be able to screen candidates for spirits before we leave, and to monitor people who might get posessed while working on the graveyard of a long-dead city.  It's necessary for security."

"Alchemy gear is less necessary, but converting items or material to thaum may be useful for removing curses or destroying dangerous objects, and is less wasteful than disposing of them.  It would make our efforts safer, and extracting some essences would allow for different kinds of magic to be used, not just the ones I have a word for."

Explain.  Finish with the note that 600 gold is a bare minimum for expenses.  Someone with a contract for unlimited funds can provide more than that upon delivery.  Try to charm this guy into paying extra.

[4+2 v 19]
The man listens and agrees after a moment's consideration. He okays  your expenses for basically whatever you need, so start creating a list. Just be aware that anything too odd will come under scrutiny. Never mind about the cost for now.

Your attempts to charm the man are rather like attempting to charm a brick wall. He is neither charmed nor disgusted. He remains utterly unmoved.
Take careful note of the wacko lady's description, hunting grounds, and any other useful information, then go hang out in the hunting area looking adventurous. If it helps, wave my nife around vaguely and babble about ground ghosts and walking dust mops and the mouse conspiracy.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)
(oz's technique of picking up ladies is about what I expected)

You find one of the more seedy bars in the "hunting ground" and proceed to try your best to look like a drunken adventurer with compromised powers of judgement.  Its not terribly hard.

The first night nothing happens, but on the second a woman approaches you. She looks somewhat like the woman on the poster, but apparently younger and with the wrong color hair. Still, she looks similar enough to be a relative maybe? Sister? Hmm.  She starts chatting you up and being quite nice and flattering, listening to your made up stories and telling you how interesting you are.

((The ax was supposed to stay inside the mouth, it's supposed to save me from falling from my death via the safety line attached to it. Also I still have my +1 bonus to strength.))

Hang on tight while its diving. Climb onto its back and make my way towards it right wing once it slows down its dive or attempts to land.
((we can assume you used your sword instead then and the ax is still in place))

[1v2]
You attempt to shift position as the thing dives and end up tumbling through open air again, this time literally being dragged along behind the ray as it dives.
[7+1 v 2]
You climb your way back down the rope and cling to the thing's back as it levels out, skimming the surface of the sand at extremely high speed.

Uh, keep cutting apart metals and thauming them.  You said it'd take two more days and would average ~100 per day, so yeah, do that.  Jeeze.  Also, I'm gonna consume just 19 thaum immediately, leave the rest raw.

Take a few hours out of the workday to diagnose whatever is wrong with Benedict.  Saeko apparently couldn't figure out why he's as tired as he is, apparently it has something to do with having too many enchantments on him?  Maybe?  Just do a physical examination at first, and if that doesn't reveal anything, use animate to... examine his animating lifeforce, I guess?  Sense-based scrying spell to figure out what's wrong with him.

Can Benedict even lift one of those crucibles for the radioactive pellets, when otherwise unladen?

Spoiler: O.o (click to show/hide)

You make 228 thaum in those two days and basically strip the ship down to its skeleton.

[1+1 v7]
Examination reveals nothing.
[2+1 v1] - 1 mana

A quick look using magic finds that the creature's stamina is drained due to its large size and the various spells woven into it.  The natural magic of the beast is being consumed to keep these spells going so it gets tired easier than it normally would.

Unencumbered, yes. Its quite heavy but if you remove it from all the stuff attached to it, then it should be doable.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2021 on: November 03, 2019, 10:26:06 am »

Make my way towards the right wing and stab it until it's incapable of supporting flight.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: November 03, 2019, 10:29:09 am »

Enter the door and head to where the charm leads

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: November 03, 2019, 10:36:15 am »

Run down the runner. I'd prefer not to cast but if I can't keep up then I'll attempt to speed myself up.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: November 03, 2019, 12:58:43 pm »

Equipment list:

Ghost charm.
Alchemist's gear.
30 days of storable food and water for Benedict and eight people.  (Saeko, Ekrov, my two guards, two assistants (to help cover more ground and do more excavaton, not fighters), one extra guard, and one expert.  (someone with knowledge of the area and/or relevant skills)
Do note that this is assuming Benedict will be doubled in size to be able to carry eight people.
The salary for all the hires. ~20 gold each in advance with the same upon return.  x6 (240g)
A new much more effective harness for Benedict. (Will fit him out after Ekrov's return.  Will also describe in more detail then)
Various camping and exploration tools, whatever seems reasonable, as well as digging tools and what not.  Some lanterns and light sources, too, in case we need to go underground or just for use at night.
Supply of paper and pens/ink.  (For Ekrov's sketches, as well as mapping and what not.)
Doctor's bag. (In case someone gets hurt, since we don't seem to have one.)
There may be a few other small expenses, such as popsicle sticks to store the parachute spells on, but that should be everything big.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 02:09:10 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 203