Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 342538 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #2040 on: November 11, 2019, 02:10:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
While holding the quiver and arrows, rotate myself while holding it in front of me to feel if the vibrating strengthens or weakens depending on direction

Hotfire90

« Reply #2041 on: November 11, 2019, 05:47:58 pm »

Run up to its head to retrieve the ax by pulling it out with the rope that's still attached to it. Then finish off the Ray with the ax.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: November 11, 2019, 06:37:49 pm »

What was that about a holding pattern? Try again. In fact, keep trying until it looks like I'm damaging them.

Spoiler: Zavi (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 07:27:29 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: November 12, 2019, 02:24:01 am »

Not really any special skills.  Unless there's literally a flying city engineer or something around.  I'll take an extra person if someone like that who really knows about it shows up, but otherwise, no special skills other than being reasonably healthy, willing, and okay with the chance of weird shit.  And not stupidly brave.

Use a Strengthen Expand spell on the adamantium weave material to triple the available quantity.  (d8 tripled a large pile of fish with a normal expand, so should be easier than that.)

Then see if I can get a backpack made from the material, leaving enough for two more backpacks, or an outfit.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 10:27:07 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: November 13, 2019, 01:25:54 am »

At first I thought you meant that Ekrov drew a penis, but after looking at a bunch of pictures of mutilated dicks, I'm convinced that he must have drawn a tongue.  Which is weird, because a tongue would actually work fine here.

In any case... well, try again.  I hate these kinds of actions but this is literally the last thing I really want to do on this trip.

Sketch up a design for a little clockwork hand or arm that is capable of adjusting whatever needs to be adjusted on the alchemist's gear while turning a substance into thaum, and build a rudimentary little construction out of spare clockwork, to serve as a focus for the design.  It doesn't have to be articulated; the idea is that Ekrov will animate the picture, but use the faux hand/arm as raw material, as I imagine that should be easier than just creating an entire arm out of nothing but a sketch. 

Once that's ready, set up the alchemist's gear next to the arm, then fish out one of the death pellets from the opened up furnace/reactor/whatever it is.  Saeko used a cup on a stick I believe, and if it wasn't left here, just build a similar tool.  Once the pellet is obtained, dump it into the alchemist's gear's jar or whatever, and start the thauming process.  If it requires adjusting, cast a very short spell to animate and articulate the faux manipulator constructed earlier to do the adjustments; Ekrov doesn't want to risk getting close and poisoning himself.

Edit: If that actually goes well, thaum the rest of the death pellets that are in the opened furnace thing.  The other furnaces...  bah, just cut them out of the superstructure without opening them, and if they seem to be completely solid and closed, have Benedict pull them out of the wreckage.  I'll bury them somewhere next turn, for safekeeping...

Spoiler: O.o (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: November 13, 2019, 05:22:55 pm »

As per the cost of the diamonds themselves, you think your small handful is worth about...110 gold? They're uncut and not very large so their value isn't too much currently. But still, they're not bad.
How much thaum are they?

Better.  Alright you spread the info around that you have a new diamond vein you're looking to sell the location to. The various buyers express their interest but you also notice that while they're saying they're interested and seem to take your diamonds as good evidence, none have come forward with an express offer. You also get word from the men at the dig site that they've seen more people wandering around the area in the past day or two. None have wandered over to them yet, but you get the distinct feeling that your buyers are trying to find the site on their own before making an offer.

Immediately send snailmail word to our workers to use those tarps and paint and such to camouflage the dig site if they can, they should suspend mining and lay low as well, they're to try and keep the site and themselves hidden.

Get will to +1, then return to the buyers and make clear that we know what they are trying to pull and that their window is closing fast, mention we have the resources to start up our own mining operation should we want to.

By the way, how much thaum to teleport to the dig site from the outskirts of the city?

Finally, could we hire a person who could reliably estimate the yield of the dig site (aka does such a person exist here in Alkahest, and what would their services cost)? And if yes, if we were to blindfold and muffle that person and teleport there, would he or she be able to accurately determine where the site is based on the surroundings, or would the teleport be enough to throw them off?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 05:08:57 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: November 13, 2019, 08:57:37 pm »

RC, why don't you just buy the land the diamond mine is on?  Then you can lead people there, no problem, and sell off the deed to whoever you like.  Probably make more money and you won't have to worry about spending mana in teleports and other things.  If someone finds it, you have your claim in first.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: November 14, 2019, 07:08:12 am »

Now or Never, if I don't try it now I'll be to tired to do it later.
Accelerate, I need to be able to move fast.
Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: November 14, 2019, 04:40:37 pm »

Follow the murder-hobo homeowner into her murderhome. Ask her what she does for a living.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: November 15, 2019, 11:19:36 am »

Get will to +1, then return to the buyers and make clear that we know what they are trying to pull and that their window is closing fast, mention we have the resources to start up our own mining operation should we want to.

Back up Darwin with whatever he does. Look like an intimidating barbarian bodyguard with fabulous style while doing so.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2050 on: November 15, 2019, 11:58:23 am »

While holding the quiver and arrows, rotate myself while holding it in front of me to feel if the vibrating strengthens or weakens depending on direction
It doesn't seem to vary depending on where you're facing, including how high or low they are in comparison to the ground, or which direction you're facing. Nor if they are faced towards the sun. The vibration seems constant, neither growing or decreasing. You try a variety of other things like making sounds at them, speaking to them, trying to somehow get them to react to prayers (they came from a shrine after all) but nothing works.

Run up to its head to retrieve the ax by pulling it out with the rope that's still attached to it. Then finish off the Ray with the ax.
Spoiler: Robert Grant (click to show/hide)
[5+1v5][5v4]

You run over to the creature and, using the rope still trailing from its mouth, tear your ax free and proceed to hack at the beast. You do this for a while. A long while. The creature can't effectively fight against you anymore so  it becomes a horrible bloody slog until finally, after what feels like an hour of chopping, the ax slips from your gore drenched hand and you fall back onto the blood soaked sand, out of breath. The creature is dead. You have no idea where you are in the desert. You're exhausted, covered in sticky blood, and lost your sword somewhere in the chaos. You can't do anything more than close your eyes and try to recover, your mind utterly blank.

You gain 115 mana.

What was that about a holding pattern? Try again. In fact, keep trying until it looks like I'm damaging them.

Spoiler: Zavi (click to show/hide)
[8+1][2+1]
You drag 12 mana out of the two and the first one starts spasming. He's probably dry, unless you wanna drag a bit more out and kill him. Doubt the mage breakers will like that though.

Now or Never, if I don't try it now I'll be to tired to do it later.
Accelerate, I need to be able to move fast.
Thats a pretty vague spell but I'll work with it.
[10v2] -2 mana Wow, just barely worked.

You push mana into your legs along with your word and suddenly it is as though you are flying. Your legs don't suddenly go loonytoons and blur into a haze of flying feet; instead every step seems to drive you forward 20 feet, 30 feet or more. You close the distance in a matter of a few strides and tackle the man. [7] Only as you hit him and feel the full brunt of the impact do you realize how fast you were going. The both of you sprawl out onto the sand, bouncing like you were thrown from a speeding horse. You manage to get an arm around his neck and put him in a chokehold to prevent him from scrambling away, but he sure is fighting you.

Follow the murder-hobo homeowner into her murderhome. Ask her what she does for a living.

She closes the door behind you  and you get about as far as "So wha-" before she has pressed her body against you and her lips to yours. She seems...honestly into it, and more so by the moment.  You get the feeling that this whole murder racket might have very specific and hedonistic motives, so to speak.  You wonder, idly, as she wraps her arms around your back, when she intends to make her move. So to speak.  After a few moments she pulls away and, with a very attractive smile, walks for the stairs while beckoning you along behind her.

Back up Darwin with whatever he does. Look like an intimidating barbarian bodyguard with fabulous style while doing so.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

As per the cost of the diamonds themselves, you think your small handful is worth about...110 gold? They're uncut and not very large so their value isn't too much currently. But still, they're not bad.
How much thaum are they?

Better.  Alright you spread the info around that you have a new diamond vein you're looking to sell the location to. The various buyers express their interest but you also notice that while they're saying they're interested and seem to take your diamonds as good evidence, none have come forward with an express offer. You also get word from the men at the dig site that they've seen more people wandering around the area in the past day or two. None have wandered over to them yet, but you get the distinct feeling that your buyers are trying to find the site on their own before making an offer.

Immediately send snailmail word to our workers to use those tarps and paint and such to camouflage the dig site if they can, they should suspend mining and lay low as well, they're to try and keep the site and themselves hidden.

By the way, how much thaum to teleport to the dig site from the outskirts of the city?

Finally, could we hire a person who could reliably estimate the yield of the dig site (aka does such a person exist here in Alkahest, and what would their services cost)? And if yes, if we were to blindfold and muffle that person and teleport there, would he or she be able to accurately determine where the site is based on the surroundings, or would the teleport be enough to throw them off?

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
Thats honestly kind of dependent on where you are. Remember, its a desire/rarity sensor.  Here, about 15 ish per stone,   at the dig site, like 10, out in the wilderness, 30. The less diamonds around, the more thaum its worth.

You get word back from the workers that they are doing as you asked and will keep you informed. No bad news yet.

Done. [8+1v1] Your warning causes them to fold remarkably quickly; its actually surprising how quick and totally they give up. They begin making offers. The current high bid is 450 gold and they're still going. You could probably get it up to 600 if you let them argue a while.

Lets see...outskirts...assuming you mean outside the city and at the base of the volcano...4.

You could. They would need to come see the place and probably want 20-30 gold for it. As per if they could identify it...maybe. Alkahest's volcano is still in view from the dig site so thats a pretty good landmark. But the dig site isn't on any roads so they probably could only get a rough idea of where it is; given time they might find it again but it won't be super easy. Teleport would definitely make it harder because they'd have no idea of the route or the distance off road.

Not really any special skills.  Unless there's literally a flying city engineer or something around.  I'll take an extra person if someone like that who really knows about it shows up, but otherwise, no special skills other than being reasonably healthy, willing, and okay with the chance of weird shit.  And not stupidly brave.

Use a Strengthen Expand spell on the adamantium weave material to triple the available quantity.  (d8 tripled a large pile of fish with a normal expand, so should be easier than that.)

Then see if I can get a backpack made from the material, leaving enough for two more backpacks, or an outfit.

Alright, you get your workers. Mostly men, two women, all in their mid 20's, all clearly up for adventure but not dumb.

[4+2 v 3] Done. -3 mana.
[5+1 v3] You make a pretty nice backpack from the stuff, though...well...there are some issues. You don't have thread that works for it so you have to unravel some of the weave (Laboriously) and use the resulting threads. They're not easy to sew with so the bag's pretty simple in design, a rucksack of sorts with just one big compartment.

At first I thought you meant that Ekrov drew a penis, but after looking at a bunch of pictures of mutilated dicks, I'm convinced that he must have drawn a tongue.  Which is weird, because a tongue would actually work fine here.

In any case... well, try again.  I hate these kinds of actions but this is literally the last thing I really want to do on this trip.

Sketch up a design for a little clockwork hand or arm that is capable of adjusting whatever needs to be adjusted on the alchemist's gear while turning a substance into thaum, and build a rudimentary little construction out of spare clockwork, to serve as a focus for the design.  It doesn't have to be articulated; the idea is that Ekrov will animate the picture, but use the faux hand/arm as raw material, as I imagine that should be easier than just creating an entire arm out of nothing but a sketch. 

Once that's ready, set up the alchemist's gear next to the arm, then fish out one of the death pellets from the opened up furnace/reactor/whatever it is.  Saeko used a cup on a stick I believe, and if it wasn't left here, just build a similar tool.  Once the pellet is obtained, dump it into the alchemist's gear's jar or whatever, and start the thauming process.  If it requires adjusting, cast a very short spell to animate and articulate the faux manipulator constructed earlier to do the adjustments; Ekrov doesn't want to risk getting close and poisoning himself.

Edit: If that actually goes well, thaum the rest of the death pellets that are in the opened furnace thing.  The other furnaces...  bah, just cut them out of the superstructure without opening them, and if they seem to be completely solid and closed, have Benedict pull them out of the wreckage.  I'll bury them somewhere next turn, for safekeeping...

Spoiler: O.o (click to show/hide)

[4+1v5] eh, good enough.
[2+1 v 1]-1 mana
[8+1v7] And fine.

You melt the pellets down and luckily don't kill yourself. You get 95 mana out of them. And bury the rest of the stuff.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: November 15, 2019, 12:15:39 pm »

continue to Bromcresol with the quiver

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: November 15, 2019, 12:38:21 pm »

"Settle Down! Identify yourself and what you're doing here!"
Manacle him, drain him while doing it to exhaust him.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 12:40:16 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: November 15, 2019, 08:26:54 pm »

Felix is nothing if not nearly suicidally adventurous, so, up (or down) the murder stairs he goes. Spot check: any sounds of other persons?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: November 15, 2019, 10:13:19 pm »

As per negotiations with Zavi, cast a d6 Bird Ape to summon a smallish winged monkey to act as a pet for Zavi.  Try to make it smart enough to understand speech, but try to encourage speed and flight capability with any leftover power.  Retry failures, unless the miscast effect triggers, causing ‼Fun‼

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 03:17:23 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 203