Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 341489 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #2220 on: January 16, 2020, 09:14:53 am »

Start going around and collecting mainsprings from destroyed robots.  Also, try to find a couple mostly-intact combat robots, or enough partially-intact ones of similar varieties that a single complete robot could be assembled from their parts.

...Sketch out parts of the robots designs as they're worked on, to.

Do the thing with the thaum conversion for Dev Saeko, and yeah, know roll the armor.

Spoiler: O.o (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2221 on: January 16, 2020, 11:54:53 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Of course. How much gold to you want?
He asks for 15 gold.

Let Ecalir do his thing. Is there anything in this office that might give an indication of what this thing is for? (don't rifle through all the papers or anything, just a superficial check is fine, try not to leave clues/unnecessary fingerprints/etc.)

Should it all work out, then it'll be time to sneak out. Lock the box again after us, as well as the doors. Try to leave everything in the same state as it was before. And again, use viscera sensing spell and small distraction implosion if needed to escape silently.

If we get out unseen, immediately leave the city and head for Fearce. Once far enough away that there are no witnesses, spend 5 mana to teleport in the direction of Fearce, then continue the remainder on foot if necessary. If we get there with no shenanigans, look at the compass for the direction of the 3rd piece.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
Spend mana to bring my will to +2
Then attempt to duplicate the McGuffin. JUst make a copy that physically looks like it, don't try to copy its magical properties or anything.

If succesful, follow Darwin's lead. Probably skedadle from here.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

[1+2 v 6] [-6 mana CRIT FAIL!]
Eclair crouches over the claw for a moment and places his hand on it. Mana flows out of him in a soft glow of bluish light for a long moment and the image of a second claw flickers in mid air for a moment. Then, with sudden violence, the mana seems to detonate in a spray of sparks and whipping lightning. The mana crawls back across Eclair's flesh with a crackle and he doubles over, holding himself tight as his body begins to deform. Flesh ripples and wriggles as though trying to escape, bones crack and clothing tears as the already large man grows even larger, swelling from 6 feet to 9. His skin erupts in blisters and from them burst spreading white and brown feathers that rapidly coat his entire body, save for his face. His head and neck elongate, human face vanishing into something avian, a beak nearly two feet long with a predatory flesh tearing hook point.  His legs elongate, become scaled and astonishingly muscular, like tree trunks of flesh ending in talons the size of hand scythes.  His feather coated arms shrivel into shrunken, yet still strangely muscular, toddler sized limbs with tiny talon tipped fingers.

As the magic dissipates and Eclair struggles back up,  his head bumping the ceiling. Little of the man remains, mostly just a general humanoid profile with the elongated torso compared to the squat ovoid of a true avian. The rest though, is pure Terror Bird in enormous feathered horrible glory.

Of course the guards would have to be extraordinarily thick to have missed this series of events, so  they are charging up the stairs towards the office.

so the fish and the fishermen are acting the same way.
To Adam: "Usually the fish move around a lot more. These ones are acting wierd."
Maybe if I talk to an affected fisherman I'll learn more? Seems like something's in the water. Fat fish gazing up, extra algae thats extra green... maybe the algae itself is the source? Fish eat algae and fishermen eat fish? Are non-fishermen being affected if they eat the fish? Or is it limited to people who contact the water?

You talk to the effected fishermen. They're dull, seemingly distracted or forgetful, prone to standing in the sun and occasionally to bouncing listlessly up and down. They speak as though half asleep. When you ask them about their symptoms, they cannot provide useful answers; their sense of time is flawed. You speak to their families and find something interesting. Others in the house are Not showing similar signs,despite all of them eating the fish.  Something is causing only the fishermen to be effected...but its not clear what.

You move on and look at other people who work near or on the water, but are unconnected to fishing. Boatmen mostly, trading or unloading at the port, and none show symptoms. Even those who swam in the river seem unaffected. Its clearly something in the fish...but something that only effects a single person?

You fell like you're close, maybe one more clue away.

Begin our new job by day, and find something decent but not showy or expensive to live in by night. In my time off, Go poke about the ruins and tombs up north Arachne is free to join me if not otherwise occupied. I'll give her plenty of space to do her wicked deeds, as long as she meets with me regularly, and I don't start hearing rumors of servants disappearing. Also, chat her up a bit and pay attention to her interests in things other than the hunt. If she likes clothes or jewelry or other girly things. Finally, continue to monitor that orbiting ghost while I'm poking about up north. I'm wondering what could be carrying it about - a territorial animal, some kind of machine, some military patrol, or a strange sense of ghostly wanderlust.

Spoiler: Felix Testimony (click to show/hide)
You find some digs and start work, trying to keep under the radar. On the third day you have the night off and are busily trying to pry the lid off an ancient sarcophagus when you notice something in the distance, around on the other side of the lake. The resort appears to be on fire...at least partially. Arachne is over there tonight too. You sit down on top of the sarcophagus with a sigh and  rest your head in your free hand, grimacing out at the distant light of the fire.

"Would she light the place on fire? Doesn't really seem her sort of thing. I mean I've only known her a few days but I feel like we really connected on a personal level. She wants to eat humans and I...I got nothing. What do you think we should do?"

You ask the kitten.  It yawns.

"I see."

Go ahead and scrawl that shit on my flesh. Then go search another machine.

Spoiler: Zavi (click to show/hide)
[1+1 v 4]
You scrabble about some more, searching for more magic but cannot find anything interesting.

Start going around and collecting mainsprings from destroyed robots.  Also, try to find a couple mostly-intact combat robots, or enough partially-intact ones of similar varieties that a single complete robot could be assembled from their parts.

...Sketch out parts of the robots designs as they're worked on, to.

Do the thing with the thaum conversion for Dev Saeko, and yeah, know roll the armor.

You collect about 35 of the main springs and enough pieces of robot as to assemble what you believe is a complete or at least nearly complete example of one. You sketch it in its entirety.
[5+2v2]

You convert the thaum for Saeko and then look at the armor. You quickly come to the conclusion that its designed to counter act deflect magic, not physic attacks. You recommend dev try firing a thaumic rifle at one of the helmets to see what happens.

Okay, far too many bodies to retrieve them all.  The retrieval squad, maybe for the last day, will just concentrate on stripping bodies of gear, keys, and silk clothing, and then moving on today.  Concentrate on the environmental areas, which might have some kinda technician key instead of a labourer key, and the hangars, which are more likely to have silk-suited pilots and probably have some kinda armourer for the vehicles which might need heavy weapons.  The other half is to look through some guardroooms, storage rooms, and dormatories looking for more tools, keys, and personal effects, and seeing if there's anything more interesting being stored than rotten seeds and ancient crops.  In particularl, there should be magicoal being stored somewhere.

As for me, ask Ekrov if he'll convert all of the 60 thaum to mana, and give it to me.  Then test out the rifles, shooting a one-mana shot out, and then charging one with two mana to see if that gives me two shots or one more powerful one.  Next, try out the magic swords, spending a few mana to see how they work.  I'm not sure how to test the armour, so I'll leave that for now.  Then, cast as many d8 Strengthen spells on myself as needed to raise my Knowledge stat to d8.

Thaum-convert one of the magic rifles, to guage it's value, and some of the broken armour bits for similar reasons.. the metal in itself might be really valuable.  After testing and buffing, go look for words, starting in the Environmental area.

Most of what comes out is much of the same. Dozen more rifles, 2 more swords, a few more suits of silk and 2 full sets of armor. They manage to find a technicians key, though this is at the end of the day so they have no chance to test it. The other rooms you expect, guard rooms, storage, dorms, armories, are not found but a great number of doors remain locked. Increased search of storage rooms does reveal traces of magicoal; generally small pieces found within smashed containers. It seems as though they were previously raided. Maybe during the siege of this city?  Maybe afterwards by survivors?  In the easily accessed areas at least, there's nothing much, but maybe the higher key'd areas will have more?

Done.  The rifle, when fed mana, illuminates a brilliant ruby red and bleches out a comet of crimson light that lashes into the sand, seemingly vaporizing everything in a sphere roughly a foot in diameter.  More mana produces a larger shot and larger effect. You fire the second shot at a helmet, as Ekrov suggested, and the comet curves hard left, like water flowing around a stone, and completely misses the helmet. Neat. The sword takes in the mana with equal ease and a brilliant golden light envelops the thin blade, swelling it in size a good deal, turning it from a sabre into an oversized scimitar like blade. The blade persists until it is used to cut something, at which point it seems to be used up in the action.

[6+3v4][9+3v2] -6 mana, knowledge to d8.

A rifle is about....6.6 mana. Armor, depends on quality and quantity. Some broken bits might be worth 1 mana.

[4+1v1]
Inside a pipe leading up from one of the furnaces is the word for "FORCE(d6)". It looks oddly naturally occuring, as though it formed out of ash.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: January 16, 2020, 12:25:34 pm »

“Here is the gold. Let’s visit a god of mischief”
Pay 15 gold and lead the way to the temple

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: January 16, 2020, 04:02:09 pm »

Finish prying this sarcophagus open and poke about for anything religious for my brain beetle. I don't want to spend a lot of time, so if it doesn't budge in a roll or two, use 2 mana and [force] it. If htat doesn't work, I can come back later. Then, head off to the outskirts of the resort to see what's what.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: January 16, 2020, 04:36:38 pm »

not caused by eating the fish.
Not caused by contact with the water.
Fishermen and only fishermen effected.
Some fishermen not all...
Talk to the fishermen who are not effected, learn what type of fishing they do, locations, techniques, etc. And what they know of the same of their effected colleagues. Is the effects focused on net-based, trap-based, hook-and-line-based, or other fishing? Is it effecting fishing from the shore, a boat, or standing in shallows? Is it only getting fishermen who fish from a certain area? Does it depend on who big their haul is?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: January 16, 2020, 11:47:01 pm »

Give orders to search the technician areas with most everyone.  Things to look for are more keys, suits of armour, maybe some special protective gear if found, and hopefully enough thaumic tools to set up three workshops, so we can sell two of them and still keep one.  Look out for manuals or documentation, quantities of that thaumic wire, and, as always, mana batteries, magicoal, and small flight crystals like the big one we're looking for.  (And the big one itself, natch, but don't take it if it shows up.)

Personally, get that lazy lout Benedict up in the air, and lets look somewhere else.  Take one personal guard with me.  Officers tend to be on top or up high, so lets look on the upper side of this broken chunk of city, and the collapsed towers around.  Mostly just fly around, trying to figure out what kinds of places there are, looking in particular for something like a city hall or palace or military headquarters.

While looking, do keep an eye out for any words, and try to encounter one of those spirits.  Coming with me would have to be less boring than living in this wreck, and I might find someone whom I can ask questions about this city.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: January 19, 2020, 04:51:10 am »

Throw all the smokebombs we have to avoid the guards from seeing anything, grab Ecalir and the artifact, then teleport away toward Fearce (let's say a quarter of the way).

Should we get out, take stock of the situation more. Do we need to buy new armor for Ecalir now?

Either way, continue walking toward Fearce.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: January 19, 2020, 04:25:02 pm »

Let Darwin teleport us away.
Should the guards reach us before he manages to do so, kick them away from us. Caw.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: January 19, 2020, 11:33:30 pm »

Mm. Let's search the other structures. I need more WORDS.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: January 20, 2020, 12:12:41 am »

What kinds of weapons did the combat robots have?

Spend most of a day studying a single specific thaumic flying machine.  There's a few of them left intact, so just study it.  Try to learn about thaumic machinery, and as always, sketch out the design as it's studied.  Fully disassembling/destroying the thing is perfectly fine, as long as there's something to learn.

Also, since it's a war machine, what kinda weapons does it have?

Finally... think about whether the bodies of these clockwork robots could be repurposed towards creating some kind of powered armor.  If they're human shaped, presumably their armor could be repurposed into a kind of platemail, and their actuators or w/e moves their limbs could be either moved to be external, or adjusted so that a human can fit inside the armor alongside.  Would this be completely unreasonable, or just a fair bit of work?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2230 on: January 21, 2020, 01:35:07 pm »

“Here is the gold. Let’s visit a god of mischief”
Pay 15 gold and lead the way to the temple
I'll be honest, he's a bit taken aback by you actually paying for this errand. But he goes with you just the same and when you reach the place where you think the temple should be, there is nothing there. However, the man says that the disappearing temple itself is probably pretty good proof it was a mischief god. They love to do that stuff.  He says the arrows you got from it probably have completely random effects on what they hit.

not caused by eating the fish.
Not caused by contact with the water.
Fishermen and only fishermen effected.
Some fishermen not all...
Talk to the fishermen who are not effected, learn what type of fishing they do, locations, techniques, etc. And what they know of the same of their effected colleagues. Is the effects focused on net-based, trap-based, hook-and-line-based, or other fishing? Is it effecting fishing from the shore, a boat, or standing in shallows? Is it only getting fishermen who fish from a certain area? Does it depend on who big their haul is?

I believe You misunderstood something or I misspoke.

All the fishermen, ie the people actively fishing, were effected. However, their families did not get infected. As per anyone else who may have consumed the fish, you'd have to check the market and the people who ate the catch. Since we're losing a turn here, I'll just tell you that the households who bought the fish do each have exactly one effected person, usually the father or head of the family.

Let Darwin teleport us away.
Should the guards reach us before he manages to do so, kick them away from us. Caw.

Throw all the smokebombs we have to avoid the guards from seeing anything, grab Ecalir and the artifact, then teleport away toward Fearce (let's say a quarter of the way).

Should we get out, take stock of the situation more. Do we need to buy new armor for Ecalir now?

Either way, continue walking toward Fearce.

"Well, this is a fowl situation."
[4+1 v 3]
Darwin unloads a literal armful of smoke and whips out the glass map as the entire room explodes into thick smoke. He grabs Eclair by the little wingy arm and slams 14 mana into the map while pointing at a space roughly between the capital and Fearce.  The world swirls and goes liquid, tempesting around them, before suddenly going cold.  The smoke dissipates rapidly into open air and gentle showers and they find themselves standing on a dark plain in the middle of the night. Darwin lights their lantern and uses it to carefully assess Eclair, in particular connection to his armor.  His sealer suit ain't gonna work no more, and his fitted armor isn't going to fit....but, luckily, Darwin thinks he can salvage the fitted armor and at least get a few pieces to fit. It won't be as good as a full fitted set, but it will be better than losing it entirely.

Just needs some leather straps or something, and a hammer....

After a few awkward moments, darwin climbs up onto Eclair's back...shoulders?...and the giant bird takes off at a trot, heading for Fearce. They make it there around 10 in the morning the next day, damp and tired.

They have the artifact by the way, its safe and sound.

Finish prying this sarcophagus open and poke about for anything religious for my brain beetle. I don't want to spend a lot of time, so if it doesn't budge in a roll or two, use 2 mana and [force] it. If htat doesn't work, I can come back later. Then, head off to the outskirts of the resort to see what's what.

[6v6]
You finish prying the sarcophogus open and dig a questing hand into the folds of bandages and shawls within, returning with a golden effigy of some kind of crocodile god or something of that kind.  You show it to the beetle and after a bit of deliberation it accepts it and rewards you. [+32 mana]

Flush with new mana and feeling strangely awake considering the hour, you decide to hitch a ride with the other people all charging over there.  By the time the wagon reaches the structures, the fire is mostly contained. It seems to have started in a series of small out buildings and not damaged the major structures, though almost everyone has evacuated and is standing around or -in many cases- sitting on provided chairs, drinking refreshments.  Even when the building is burning, the service is excellent.  You tuck your hands in your pockets and search for Arachne, interested to see if she was the cause of this. You eventually find her with some other wait staff, shuttling carts of chilled alcohol out to the rotund clientèle. You both slip away and she starts telling you in a whisper that there is something in this resort. Something like her, but bigger and meaner and even worse.  She goes on a lot in a sort of "I know I'm bad, but this is outrageous" sort of way until you interrupt and ask to get the actual details. She tells you that she had a nice fat snack and was just taking him out to the pools round back, near those out buildings, when she noticed something. Before she could really get a good fix on it, it had already pounced on her meal and started pursuing her. She lit the fires and used them to slip away.

"This place is a hunting ground. Not sure if its after the clients normally, or if its just feeding on the human wreckage that this place creates. Either way there's an apex predator here and it doesn't like me intruding."

Mm. Let's search the other structures. I need more WORDS.

[6v4]

Inscribed on a glass lens that looks like it once focused light, you find the magic for [SUNLIGHT]

What kinds of weapons did the combat robots have?

Spend most of a day studying a single specific thaumic flying machine.  There's a few of them left intact, so just study it.  Try to learn about thaumic machinery, and as always, sketch out the design as it's studied.  Fully disassembling/destroying the thing is perfectly fine, as long as there's something to learn.

Also, since it's a war machine, what kinda weapons does it have?

Finally... think about whether the bodies of these clockwork robots could be repurposed towards creating some kind of powered armor.  If they're human shaped, presumably their armor could be repurposed into a kind of platemail, and their actuators or w/e moves their limbs could be either moved to be external, or adjusted so that a human can fit inside the armor alongside.  Would this be completely unreasonable, or just a fair bit of work?

The combat robots you can find are not armed, though they clearly show signs of having weapons at one point. Some were built in, such as blades (now either torn away completely or broken off at the hilt) while ranged weapons appear to have been held as there are places for ammo storage and a rack on the right leg to hold what looks like a rifle. Either these things stripped their "Dead" of weapons or they were scavenged by someone else earlier. This is why I said they were "apparently" well armed because while they show definite signs of having weapons in the past, they don't now.

[11+2 v 18, 2]

You spend most of the day studying the Thaumic flying machine.  The one you study, which isn't the same as all the others I should say, resembles something like a giant dragonfly with membranous wings made of stained glass and a body made of what appears to be lapis, jade, or some other kind of green blue stone.  Its weapons are a sextuplet set of bladed limbs under the main body and a pair of what look like larger versions of the thaumic rifles.  You start by studying the cockpit: its a bit difficult considering the thing won't even turn on without mana, but you get a general idea of how it functioned. It seems to have been semi-intelligent, almost like a golem, and was simply guided by the pilot. The controls, metal track balls under each hand, pedals on the floor, and a handful of controls on the console, seem to have been the equivalent of reins.  You move back through the rest of the machine, spending 2 mana to open pannels, or momentarily activate machinery just to get a good idea how it works.

The gold "veins" spread to every surface like the artries of the body, starting at a centeral "Core" or heart.  This heart looks something like a spherical lantern, with a massive branching golden root system growing out its top.  There is a piece of Magicoal inside the core, obviously the fuel for the machine. Careful examination of the way the veins are spread and their general structure, as well as some of the stranger pieces within the body cavity gives you an idea of how these things are constructed and powered. But one thing still eludes you: How they are given their "mind".  The machine cannot have functioned without being semi-sapient yet there's no physical structure within it that seems to hold this sapience, no brain as it were. The core provides power and the veins clearly spread it out to the entire structure, providing the means of animation, but...how does it know what to do?

Maybe if you activated it, saw it in action, you could understand. Or maybe you could ask it? It if is intelligent then it might be able to explain itself.  Its fueled, you'd just need to start it up...though if its intelligent it might also be loyal to the citizens or its pilot, which could mean it sees you as a threat.

[9+2 v 10]
You spend the evening looking at the scattered robot chunks by the light of the camp's fires, shifting them about in the sand and consulting your old notes while penning new ones. You come to the conclusion that creating a sort of "robot armor" from these things is not impossible. It would, in fact, be fairly easy for a majority of it. These things have pulleys,cranks, ratchets, and cables instead of muscles; things that can be removed and reconfigured, slapped on to anything and work so long as they're adequately powered and anchored. Making a set of armor that uses these muscles to enhance a movement would be as easy as correctly setting up the muscle groups and activation protocols such that they moved as desired. The issue comes with making the armor sense the movement of the person inside and mirror their movements.  The bots have piezoelectric and mechanical sensors under small plates that function something like a "Touch" sense, so it might be possible to use these sensors to "Feel" movement in the suit and go from there....but doing so would require extensive data as to which sensors are being activated in response to what movements...you'd need to run tons of tests with men in sensor suits, compile the data and then create your own "Logic modules" to handle the responses...maybe you could retrofit one using the image sensing gear boxes?

You shake your head and clear your mind. A suit of armor empowered by robot muscles is easy enough. Telling how those muscles should move and react is the complex part.

Give orders to search the technician areas with most everyone.  Things to look for are more keys, suits of armour, maybe some special protective gear if found, and hopefully enough thaumic tools to set up three workshops, so we can sell two of them and still keep one.  Look out for manuals or documentation, quantities of that thaumic wire, and, as always, mana batteries, magicoal, and small flight crystals like the big one we're looking for.  (And the big one itself, natch, but don't take it if it shows up.)

Personally, get that lazy lout Benedict up in the air, and lets look somewhere else.  Take one personal guard with me.  Officers tend to be on top or up high, so lets look on the upper side of this broken chunk of city, and the collapsed towers around.  Mostly just fly around, trying to figure out what kinds of places there are, looking in particular for something like a city hall or palace or military headquarters.

While looking, do keep an eye out for any words, and try to encounter one of those spirits.  Coming with me would have to be less boring than living in this wreck, and I might find someone whom I can ask questions about this city.

You send the team off as usual and then head out on your own to search for the dwellings of the higher ranking members of society.
[5+1v3][8+1v4]
A fly over of the debris path ends with you finding what seems to be the remants of a palace, or at least a well to do manor house of sorts. The thing has been smashed like an egg but you can still find some intact sections and bits and pieces scattered about. Most of the finery of the place thats left is carvings, frescos, inlaid metal work or statues; the other things have been taken or degraded or been buried with time. You dig here and there and by luck manage to find a mummified body in an overturned section of building. On her -you're pretty sure its a her judging by what remains of the clothing; there's no lower body- you find a key. Its different from the others: still vaguely spherical in shape but much more ornate and complex. It responds to one of the symbols they found before that you haven't gotten a key for yet. You also find a bowl with an inscription on it for [ICE d4].

As per spirits, you follow your tool over to where one is supposed to be but don't find it. Instead you find the wreck of a thaumic flying machine. Huh.

When you return your crew tells you that the first technician section they opened was damaged. When the door opened it spewed out a gas that had been pressurized behind it. The gas isn't poisonous, as far as they know, but was suffocating and, they believe, flammable. They're waiting for it to dissipate so they can do more exploring.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: January 21, 2020, 03:20:17 pm »

“Thank you. Do you know of a way to communicate with mischief gods?” Listen to his answer, then look at my ghost charm for spirits to help

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: January 21, 2020, 10:03:19 pm »

Meant to go search the towers and such with Saeko, as that might be more likely to have cool stuff.
Try to find an animal word.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: January 22, 2020, 02:07:24 am »

Loot one or two pieces of statuary that look particularly good, looking for ones no larger than a person.  Benny should be able to carry those back to the loot pile.

Before searching the flying machine wreck, spend 50 mana to advance my Will to +3, and 30 mana to move Kno to +2, in case the spirit is hostile, to limit the potential danger it can do with ~100 mana.  If the spirit's there, it must be in something there, so check stuff by touching it with my magic senses.  Try to establish communications, and take away whatever part it's stuck in, if it isn't hostile.  Hopefully it'll be bored and want to go somewhere new.

Continue telling everyone to explore technician areas like before.  Hopefully better luck this time.

Open a couple of the new doors with the "aristocrat" key, to see what's inside.

(Default for Ekrov, help with the technician rooms, and test if the mage armour works if layered with regular armour.  Shouldn't take more than one or two mana. Look for robot weapons, too, might be some in this more secure location.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:22:13 am by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: January 23, 2020, 01:07:31 pm »

Goto inn and rest. Pay a bit extra to the innkeeper for him to ignore birbman.

After that, try to get a rough idea of where the last part of the artifact is. Also try to get info on where the nearest bandit gang is located/operates (not necessarily in Fearce).

Try to sell those leather skins (15 of them) for a good price. Use last two and the hammer from our tools to adjust Ecalir's armor.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 01:12:52 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 203