Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 341476 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #2700 on: July 03, 2020, 12:57:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try getting back to New Kaolin
First step is probably climbing the mountain down

For the sake of time, and because you've trod this way before, We'll assume you get back without again spending 3 turns falling off cliffs~.

"I could detect human life, but I'm not sure if that's sufficient."

Also, technically Senses is my worst stat still. If told to, cast a similar spell as before using Human, Glass on the binoculars to sense the aura of humans.

Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)
"Give it a shot."

[13+4v2] [-2 mana]

You cast a similar life detection spell again and move to the front of the ship as it begins a slow circle. You look out of the wide glass dome of the front cockpit  and down on what was once a city. You can still see bits and pieces of it; stone walls and collapsing tile roofs, crater-like foundations submerged in sand, jagged remnants of paved roads. But clinging to these remnants like a cancer is a great industrial complex, a chaotic rust brown expanse of pipes, towers, chemical vats, silos, automated pit mines and cranes. Smoke and water vapor pour from the stacks and a spreading lake of red and black sludge surrounds the enormous concrete foundations of the complex, towering high above the old city and drowning it in waste. Things skitter and dart through that massive metal hive like a termite mound, a writhing mechanical life.

You strain your eyes down at the mound, searching for life. For a long minute you see nothing and you're about to give it up when you see it. A single light, like a candle flame, deep within the heart of the factory. You search some more but there are no others, just that single one.

Charge less than a gold per message, as a bird should be able to handle more than one at a time.  At least one gold for a package.

Spend 70 mana for +4 knowledge.  (extra word slot needed)

Have a chat with the two permanent guards.  I'm going to re-arm them, so..

What's the weight of armour they want?  d6 chainmail?
What kind of weapons do they want?

And..

Do they want some kind of permanent self-improvement buff?  And if so, what would they like?

Help Ekrov with any experiments that warrant assistance.  (some involving Ice, which might need magical summonses.)

Spoiler: Saeko (click to show/hide)
Lets do a d10 of gold per day/turn then.

Ok.

One wants chainmail, the other would prefer plate if possible.
The woman would prefer a rifle to replace her crossbow, the man as well, but with the addition of an ax for instances where the rifle won't cut it.

The woman would like to have increased Knowledge and Speed, the man greater Strength and Endurance.  They joke about eyes in the back of their heads and extra hands.

Can Ekrov make magical items which run off thaum, rather than needing a mage to force magic into them?  I kinda want to make a thaum gastank for my mechsuit which powers enchantments, but I don't know whether it would need Ekrov to manually act as an intermediate, eating the thaum then infusing the mana into the suit.  I'd also like to know if there's any mechanical drawbacks to doing this, like inefficiency or harder enchants or something.

Talk to the gravid guidebot.  Ask it where it believes itself to be.  Ask it what year/time it believes this to be.  Ask where it was built.  And finally ask it who I (Ekrov) am, and why it's answering questions.  Note, Ekrov is carrying an aristocrat and soldier key.

Lube:

Spoiler: Science? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: creepy oracle kid (click to show/hide)
Yes, though you'd need an intermediary of some kind to convert the thaum into magic. Like a reverse magicoal furnace. You could be that intermediary and there's no harm to doing so as far as I can think of. Only downside might be having to pause and chug some thaum before powering up the suit.

The bot does not know its location. It actually asks you to point it towards the "Kaolin launch point".  When you ask for the year, it says that it is year 1859. When you ask what system it uses, it says "Accepted Void Calibrated Time". It tells you it was built in yard 6 of the Haber manufacturing plant in "Anodyne".  You ask who it thinks you are and after a moment it says it doesn't know, but it has been tasked with answering questions and providing assistance to any who need it. It states that it feels...somewhat inadequate at this task currently.

5.When you do this the water rapidly crystallizes and freezes into ice and the ice begins to melt rapidly, though not as rapidly as the water freezing.  It appears it swaps the temp as it exists at the moment, but that it is free to change.

6. Doing this appears to screw with things a bit. The solid water eventually does melt, but at about 100 C, turning into...what looks like normal water. The liquid ice vaporizes as it warms, but appears to be normal water vapor.

7. Yes, it appears to be superhard due to the "Hardness" being compressed.

8. This write up hurts me. But no, it doesn't work. At least not how you intend. When you make the original swap it doesn't turn all the water hard, only a select amount of it. That amount is scattered through normal water so touching it feels kind of like running your hand through a mixture of water and sand. Trying to swap the hardness of the entire collection of heterogeneously hard water seems to average it, so you end up with water thats somewhere between the hardness of rock and water.

9. "Fullness" doesn't seem to work.

"Thank you."
I think I'll retire and rest up right away then, with the intent to try to be up most of the night tonight to help keep an eye out, so I'm getting some sleep in now so I won't be desperate for it later.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
You head below deck and catch some sleep in a hammock strung between two posts. You wake up sometime later, though you can't say when. You hear a commotion up on the deck and as you sit up the point of a spear sinks a good few inches into the deck above your head and comes out just above you, a glinting point. It is wrenched back out a moment later and leaving a hole that leaks greenwhite light.

Follow the plan, this birb is taking flight.

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
Morph our biometal into 1 set of wings that can attach to a back and be used for flying. Then go out away from these lakes for a bit to practice with them for a while until Ecalir and Darwin are at least comfortable with them (don't need very elegant flying, just good enough to get to the top of that tower).

Then with our tarps and such make 2 parachutes in case the flying goes bad after all. Once we are prepared, attach the wings to Ecalir's back so he can use them to fly up to the top of that tower. If/once he gets up there, the biometal can morph into a bird, fly down, then back into wings and repeat for Darwin.

Should this idea not work for whatever reason, see if I can use the sunbro staff to make a set of plantwings strong enough to let Darwin fly up while carrying Ecalir (shift around those extra points in str to end if needed). Or could we use the sunbro staff to make a tree/vines grow all the way up to the top perhaps?

Either way, drink one of my thaum bottles.

[9 mana]
The wings you get look something like a combination of insect and bat; a sort of thin membrane with geometric patterns of reenforcing chitin stretched between long fingerlike things.  Flying with them is surprisingly easy since they do the work. They follow your commands and no matter how you jerk about or throw off their careful balance and gliding, they adjust in moments.

You both make it to the top of the tower you were aiming for and find that its not solid. Though it has enormously thick walls its actually a tube. Not a smooth tube tough, almost like the hollow interior formed as a result of extreme heat or shifting material; it looks like it expanded and shattered almost, a rough and jagged shaft  down into the dark.

Chug.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: July 03, 2020, 01:07:26 pm »

!!
rush up there, Aqua Vitae in hand, and prepare for combat.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:03:45 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: July 03, 2020, 01:07:42 pm »

((Sorry for not trying something else, I doubt 1 mana would be enough to attempt a teleport, or much of any spells for that matter))
Find the priests and tell them about the helix spirit and that it’s the cause of the missing people

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: July 04, 2020, 09:05:57 am »

Kick the beast back to stun it, and run to the surface. Try to get the others to help attack it if I reach the surface.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: July 04, 2020, 03:43:33 pm »

"I see exactly one light, deep down in there."

Ask to be lent at least 5 mana and cast a d20 spell to get information on that light. First, the current state of the target's body, second, as much information as possible directly from the mind.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: July 04, 2020, 07:21:16 pm »

Time to buff and equip the soldiers.

Ask each of them a question, first, if they'd prefer the spells for those physical buffs to be Strengthen or Grow Strengthen.  With Strengthen the effects could be invisible, but if the spell isn't critically succeeded, it might end up looking a bit weird.  With Grow Strengthen the effects will always be visible, but will probably look less strange than a normal success.

Then do the four spells requested. (d10 difficulty.)  Retry failures.  If any mutations are really bad, Ekrov should be willing to fix, so we'll deal with that if it happens.

Do say that I'm considering making some temporary buffs, like the parachute popsicle sticks to issue out as well, and maybe think about anything specific they'd want for an emergency.

Buy the gear requested.  (Two rifles, a suit of chainmail, a suit of platemail, an axe, and a dagger.  Aim for very good quality, should have the money.)  Take a look at the quality of the rifles, as compared to the looted machine guns.

Add one item for myself, a long spear, as I'll want a long hafted weapon to use with wings.

Sell back that multiple word, as I need the empty slot again.  Don't care about amount, just don't want to waste it.

Do some magical buffs to the guard's equipment.  a d10 Permanent Steel Strengthen for each suit of armour, to significantly improve protectiveness, and a d10 Permanent Steel Strengthen across both melee weapons, as those have much less steel involved and that should be sufficient.

Follow it up by five spells to make the guard's items and my new spear immune to rusting and other chemical-related wear, with Permanent Steel Strengthen Chemical.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 01:42:39 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: July 06, 2020, 09:02:55 am »

Convert 100 gold to thaum please. Then chug it! Chug chug chug!

Then secure a rope somewhere so we won't fall down. Really take some time to make sure it is very secure, and that we are secured to the rope properly (hopefully all that CAVE ADVENTURE experience will pay of here). Then start rappelling down slowly, using our lantern to light our way. Let Ecalir go first, and let him have the biometal wings for now.

If it seems we won't have enough rope to make it to the bottom, then instead tie Darwin to Ecalir's feet so he can carry him, and then have him glide down using the wings (don't need to be able to fly, just slow our descent).

If there seems to be any chance that the wings can't support both our weight, then just go down the same way we got up here, by having one person go down with the wings, then having the wings return so the second person can go. Ecalir can go first if he wants, in which case give him the glass map. 

« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:52:40 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2707 on: July 07, 2020, 08:39:14 am »

!!
rush up there, Aqua Vitae in hand, and prepare for combat.
The assailants swarming the deck are not what you expect: they look mostly human but there are features of animals mixed in. Fish, eels, leeches, crabs, etc all fused with manflesh, wielding long fishing spears and fillet knives.  They seem to be searching as they battle with the crew, several digging through the cargo and toppling things as the others fight. As soon as they spot you they let out a warbling cry and every one of them not currently fighting a crewman charges over at you.

((Sorry for not trying something else, I doubt 1 mana would be enough to attempt a teleport, or much of any spells for that matter))
Find the priests and tell them about the helix spirit and that it’s the cause of the missing people
They tell you that the Helix creature sounds like an "Angelic" being, a creature born from the Goddess of the Sky and said to inhabit the darkness beyond the blue sky. They are concerned as to why one of these creatures would be down here.

Kick the beast back to stun it, and run to the surface. Try to get the others to help attack it if I reach the surface.
[4v8][2v4][3v4]
You attempt a hard kick and then run, but the mechanical monster catches your ankle and hurls you back to the other side of the room, pancaking you against the opposite wall. Before you can recover, it drives a charging uppercut into your gut and the blow lifts you straight up to the ceiling. Lucky for you it was an upper cut and not a straight blow, otherwise it would have split you in two. As is, it still breaks two ribs and leaves you utterly winded.
"I see exactly one light, deep down in there."

Ask to be lent at least 5 mana and cast a d20 spell to get information on that light. First, the current state of the target's body, second, as much information as possible directly from the mind.

+5 mana
[3+5v19] -19 mana

You attempt the powerful spell but are surprised  by a sudden mana fluctuation that causes it to,,,vanish? The spell seems to just disappear, tear itself from you and go somewhere else.

A few moments later the factory city suddenly begins igniting search lights and swinging the beams about, searching the sky. You think the spell may not have vanished...you think it may have been inverted....

The airship turns hard, the entire cabin tilting to a hard 45 degree angle as it does so. The captain shouts for battle stations and tells everyone to hold steady. He then casts his own spell, though you can't see what it has done.

Convert 100 gold to thaum please. Then chug it! Chug chug chug!

Then secure a rope somewhere so we won't fall down. Really take some time to make sure it is very secure, and that we are secured to the rope properly (hopefully all that CAVE ADVENTURE experience will pay of here). Then start rappelling down slowly, using our lantern to light our way. Let Ecalir go first, and let him have the biometal wings for now.

If it seems we won't have enough rope to make it to the bottom, then instead tie Darwin to Ecalir's feet so he can carry him, and then have him glide down using the wings (don't need to be able to fly, just slow our descent).

If there seems to be any chance that the wings can't support both our weight, then just go down the same way we got up here, by having one person go down with the wings, then having the wings return so the second person can go. Ecalir can go first if he wants, in which case give him the glass map. 

okie dokie

You perform a quick test with all the rope you've got on you and it doesn't seem to hit the bottom. But it does hit something and snag there for a time. You pull it back up and find that it seems to have caught on what looks like a giant fern? The leaf that is tangled in the rope is a foot and a half in length and half that or so wide. It also looks...different from any you've seen before.

You and Eclair hang glide down the shaft in a slowly spiraling descent. As you get deeper, the air gets more humid and the smell of dense forest and life becomes overpoweringly thick. Not only that, but you begin to see light down there. Eclair lands on a lead outcropping some thousands of feet down and you both look down into what looks like the canopy of a colossal primeval jungle poking out of the hole  beneath you. Its too dense do just glide down into, but you can see light shimmering out between the leaves, as though you were looking up at the sun through the treetops.

Time to buff and equip the soldiers.

Ask each of them a question, first, if they'd prefer the spells for those physical buffs to be Strengthen or Grow Strengthen.  With Strengthen the effects could be invisible, but if the spell isn't critically succeeded, it might end up looking a bit weird.  With Grow Strengthen the effects will always be visible, but will probably look less strange than a normal success.

Then do the four spells requested. (d10 difficulty.)  Retry failures.  If any mutations are really bad, Ekrov should be willing to fix, so we'll deal with that if it happens.

Do say that I'm considering making some temporary buffs, like the parachute popsicle sticks to issue out as well, and maybe think about anything specific they'd want for an emergency.

Buy the gear requested.  (Two rifles, a suit of chainmail, a suit of platemail, an axe, and a dagger.  Aim for very good quality, should have the money.)  Take a look at the quality of the rifles, as compared to the looted machine guns.

Add one item for myself, a long spear, as I'll want a long hafted weapon to use with wings.

Sell back that multiple word, as I need the empty slot again.  Don't care about amount, just don't want to waste it.

Do some magical buffs to the guard's equipment.  a d10 Permanent Steel Strengthen for each suit of armour, to significantly improve protectiveness, and a d10 Permanent Steel Strengthen across both melee weapons, as those have much less steel involved and that should be sufficient.

Follow it up by five spells to make the guard's items and my new spear immune to rusting and other chemical-related wear, with Permanent Steel Strengthen Chemical.

I'll have to consult their sheets when I can get to them but they don't really mind either way and according to the rolls neither mutate from the changes. THey'll think on temp buffs.

Uh...total cost of everything after word resale is...86 gold.

Total mana cost after everything is...46.

If I missed something that required explicit explanation, let me know, but most of this seems to be book keeping.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: July 07, 2020, 10:31:43 am »

Neato! Secret jungle!

Well, keep descending by climbing down through the forest. Use our rope to secure ourselves in dangerous areas or where we might slip, and use the sunbro staff to help us in our descent by moving branches and such.

If possible, go a bit slower but try to remain hidden/stealthy somewhat, stop from time to time to take in our surroundings, etc. Ancient giant jungle might mean ancient giant critters after all! Also douse our lantern if the light from below is strong enough now to see.

Oh, and does the sunbro staff respond in any way as we get closer to that other part?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: July 07, 2020, 04:35:11 pm »

Animal-human hybrids, all aquatic types, searching for something, reacting to me.
They want the Aqua Vitae, but may also be bound to obey it. May not.
Try!
"STOP!"
See if my demand is obeyed,  and I am holding the Aqua Vitae, and am intending for it to reinforce my command, working on the premise that it may grant me authority over these beings. If they cease their charge then I'll see about what to do to solve whatever the source of their issue is.
However, I'm not insane. I have a chokepoint in the form of the deck access I'm using, and a potential bloodthirsty mob charging me. I intend to step back into this chokepoint assuming I am disobeyed and they keep mass-charging me with weapons ready, and then to have the Aqua Vitae exploit the plentiful water around here to form a expanding cone of ice spikes projecting outward from my chokepoint.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 06:21:52 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: July 08, 2020, 02:28:23 am »

"Well, that was unfortunate. Seems like my spell reversed itself. And I'm spent, too."

Ready my bow, because that's about all I have now. Order Salt to stay near me but fight any that get close, and if attacks a directed towards her intercept them on my armor.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: July 08, 2020, 03:50:18 am »

Tell them that it was hostile, ask if they know any info on the Goddess of the Sky

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: July 10, 2020, 01:54:03 am »

Finish preparations to leave.  A few last things to buy:

1. If available, a dose of Panacea.  Examine it to try and figure out if the supply can be increased with the words I have.  (expand, strengthen, disease, etc.)  If it looks possible, try a d6 spell to do so.

2. A large obsidian boulder.  Aim for one large enough for a life-sized statue of a person, although that's not what is going to be done with it.

3. Information on the locations of two additional words. a d8 or more bird, and a d6 or more Protect.

After that, spend the last day or so trying to get some mana.  Saeko shouldn't be strong enough to fly carrying an adult, but there must be street kids here, so take a bunch for mana draining flights if they're interested.  Hand out some small change if any seem particularly poor, but don't be stupid and carry too many valuables.  Try not to kill anyone and give magic back if it looks risky.

Help Ekrov if he needs Saeko's help making things or such.

Last, it's time to get in the moth-plane, and travel to Lake Candentis.  The mansion location will be the next stop.

Spoiler: To Ekrov (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2713 on: July 10, 2020, 12:23:18 pm »

Tell them that it was hostile, ask if they know any info on the Goddess of the Sky
They don't seem that surprised. Apparently angelic creatures are varied in their actions and often dangerous to people.

They can offer you a lot of ritual info and myth but little in the way of straight up information about what she is or where she currently is. Basically, they can tell you how to pray to her or her myths relating to her but nothing that seems terribly useful tracking her down or anything.

"Well, that was unfortunate. Seems like my spell reversed itself. And I'm spent, too."

Ready my bow, because that's about all I have now. Order Salt to stay near me but fight any that get close, and if attacks a directed towards her intercept them on my armor.

"If you're low, let us know next time. We'll get you filled before hand." The captain says, apparently not angry about the failed spell. [4] The ship rattles and strains as it moves away at high speed. The city begins to disgorge all manner of flying machines, but for some reason they don't seem to be following, and the search lights are slicing around randomly through the dark skies.

"We've got at least a few minutes of invisibility." The captain says, looking back at the city. "We're heading back for the border."

He turns back to you.

"Did you get anything from that? Any info?"

Animal-human hybrids, all aquatic types, searching for something, reacting to me.
They want the Aqua Vitae, but may also be bound to obey it. May not.
Try!
"STOP!"
See if my demand is obeyed,  and I am holding the Aqua Vitae, and am intending for it to reinforce my command, working on the premise that it may grant me authority over these beings. If they cease their charge then I'll see about what to do to solve whatever the source of their issue is.
However, I'm not insane. I have a chokepoint in the form of the deck access I'm using, and a potential bloodthirsty mob charging me. I intend to step back into this chokepoint assuming I am disobeyed and they keep mass-charging me with weapons ready, and then to have the Aqua Vitae exploit the plentiful water around here to form a expanding cone of ice spikes projecting outward from my chokepoint.
[10+1v7][-4 mana]
You shout for them to stop while holding the Aqua Vitae in front of you in a ready stance. The blade glows a brilliant blue and the waters within churn violently. Everyone on deck, from the fishmen to the normal humans, suddenly  stop moving.  A few topple over, apparently unbalanced, but everyone remains stiff as a board. Some of them are bleeding, seemingly randomly.

Neato! Secret jungle!

Well, keep descending by climbing down through the forest. Use our rope to secure ourselves in dangerous areas or where we might slip, and use the sunbro staff to help us in our descent by moving branches and such.

If possible, go a bit slower but try to remain hidden/stealthy somewhat, stop from time to time to take in our surroundings, etc. Ancient giant jungle might mean ancient giant critters after all! Also douse our lantern if the light from below is strong enough now to see.

Oh, and does the sunbro staff respond in any way as we get closer to that other part?

You continue the climb down using rope and as soon as you reach the canopy you call it to you. The branches reach up like giant hands and cup themselves around you before carrying you down, transferring you from branch to branch as you descend.

The jungle below is of colossal size in almost every way. Its trees are many times larger than even the largest trees above and the flying insects you see buzz past are the size of birds; flies and beetles like sparrows and ravens. The air is dense and humid, almost chokingly wet, heavy, and warm, like the breath of a living thing. You cannot tell where the light is coming from, but its everywhere, soft and amber like an autumn sunset, shining in from all angles.  Though the trees are wrought large and there are proportional spaces between them, you can see little beyond maybe 2 or 3 rows of trees away, due to the thick canopies, dense fungal growths and heavy ground coverage of huge ferns and tall grasses.

The branches deposit you in soft and mossy soil and something the size of a mountain lion bounces away through the oversized underbrush.  A dragon fly the size of a human child buzzes past overhead with a rumble chitinous wings.  The jungle is alive with warbling calls and chaotic rustling but nothing which identifies itself as directed at you.

The staff makes no sign it is near its mate...if it ever would have.

Finish preparations to leave.  A few last things to buy:

1. If available, a dose of Panacea.  Examine it to try and figure out if the supply can be increased with the words I have.  (expand, strengthen, disease, etc.)  If it looks possible, try a d6 spell to do so.

2. A large obsidian boulder.  Aim for one large enough for a life-sized statue of a person, although that's not what is going to be done with it.

3. Information on the locations of two additional words. a d8 or more bird, and a d6 or more Protect.

After that, spend the last day or so trying to get some mana.  Saeko shouldn't be strong enough to fly carrying an adult, but there must be street kids here, so take a bunch for mana draining flights if they're interested.  Hand out some small change if any seem particularly poor, but don't be stupid and carry too many valuables.  Try not to kill anyone and give magic back if it looks risky.

Help Ekrov if he needs Saeko's help making things or such.

Last, it's time to get in the moth-plane, and travel to Lake Candentis.  The mansion location will be the next stop.

Spoiler: To Ekrov (click to show/hide)

1. [8v1] We can get you a dose (not sure I ever gave a price) but you know magic won't work on it. It is something...beyond that kind of meddling. It might be beyond human in general...

2. You can find these fairly commonly around the base of the volcano so we'll assume you get one.

3. (Did I give a price for this before) in any case, Bird is said to be findable in the peaks of the Philosopher's teeth mountains. Specifically the northern most one thats still snowcapped. the "Magus Canine". They say Protect can be found in the slime sea, on an old coast wall.

Your flights net you 63 mana

Alright.  Were we setting down? Right outside town? Little while off?  Remember, it will attract lookie loos depending on where it is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: July 11, 2020, 12:26:46 am »

"Nothing directly from the second spell. I just seemed to disappear. From the first spell, I know that there's only one human, and their general location. Assuming that my second spell was reversed, they probably know quite a bit about me, now. From the way that the city reacted to my spell, I can infer that they must either be controlling the city, or it's monitoring their thoughts. Or maybe it's possible that my spell wasn't reversed, but the city has some way of detecting the magic being cast on it."

Blorble.

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 203