Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 342339 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #2715 on: July 11, 2020, 04:30:53 am »

Okay then.
Time is of the essence, I need to identify the assailant's leadership and make them stop this assault. I make a snap evaluation of the attackers looking for who has the highest authority and can understand me when I talk to them.
"Your attack is over. I'll release you in a moment, and you're going to say why you're doing this. If you defy me, you die. If you have a good reason for your actions, I'll see if I can help you."
There's no way this effect will last for long anyway, but theres nothing stopping me from killing them while they're helpless like this, and there's no way they can't tell that to be true as well. It would be beyond stupid of them to keep attacking in the face of this.
Once I've said my intentions, I want to release this effect from only the boat crew and the being I identified as the attack's leader. I would release the crew sooner but I don't want to accidentally release their attackers early and I don't know how good my control is. I want to keep the majority of the attackers paralyzed for the maximum duration if I can. Hopefully their leader will surrender and explain themselves.
If they insist on violence there's a silly number of ways to reduce them to bloody pulp with the Aqua Vitae ranging from ice spikes to removing blood from brain to making them stab themselves to paralyze and execute one by one. I'm prepared to be violent and adaptive in the face of continued violence on their part, but I would prefer to be peaceful. I have no intention of stopping the boat crew if they do unpleasant things to their attackers while they're helpless, though I'm not encouraging it either. I plan to simply ignore it. At least at first. Plan might change once I've heard the attackers out. I do not approach them, and I do not plan on letting them approach me either. Treachery and attempting to stab me if I let them into range of me is to be expected.
Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 07:46:23 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: July 11, 2020, 07:52:24 am »

Try to run away and get the others to help again

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: July 11, 2020, 01:35:52 pm »

No, I don't have prices for the leads on the two words and the Panacea.  Was expecting something like 300 gold for the panacea.

Land within walking distance of the city.  The guards should be able to protect the moth-plane, and I'm only planning to spend one day here.

Anyway, for that day I'd like to hire one more person.  This will be the agent in Gravis, the person I told them I'd send to represent my interests and make sure I get my cut from the new mining activity up there.  Pay is a few hundred gold from me right now, along with offering a portion of my cut, but transportation to Gravis will have to be arranged by the employee.  As evidence that the person is working for me, write a letter and provide a feather from Benedict.

After that, I need to use the biomodder on Benedict, as Ekrov needs a mount that doesn't cost magicoal to move.  I'll buy a low-quality horse or riding beetle or cow or something for more mass.  Nothing good, because it's just going to be killed and used for meat.

Spoiler: Saeko (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 02:14:45 pm by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: July 11, 2020, 02:05:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask the priests if they’ve ever stopped angelic beings before, what would be required to do so

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: July 13, 2020, 02:36:41 am »

Using the sunbro staff, ask a nearby plant if it can point us in the direction of the thingie we are looking for.

Should that not work: does it seem like our target might be the source of this strange light, or near to it? If yes, go looking for the source. If we cannot seem to find it on our own, do a scrying spell to try and determine the source using 'radiation', then go look for it.

If that also doesn't work, check the ghost charm to see if there is a concentration of spirits in this place somewhere, then check that place.

In any case, as before, try to keep a low profile while we search. Try to collect some interesting plant and fungal specimens while looking around if possible to do safely.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 05:02:15 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: July 13, 2020, 09:40:39 am »

Let Darwin lead the way with his staff ((~)).
If any of the insects/creatures take an interest in us, interpose myself between them and Darwin. If they start getting aggressive, poke them with my spear ((~)).

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 09:11:36 am by Pancaek »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2721 on: July 14, 2020, 11:18:30 am »

"Nothing directly from the second spell. I just seemed to disappear. From the first spell, I know that there's only one human, and their general location. Assuming that my second spell was reversed, they probably know quite a bit about me, now. From the way that the city reacted to my spell, I can infer that they must either be controlling the city, or it's monitoring their thoughts. Or maybe it's possible that my spell wasn't reversed, but the city has some way of detecting the magic being cast on it."

Blorble.

Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)
The commander seems to consider this all for a long moment.

"Going by past information I'd say that its more the former than the latter; they've never shown any understanding or use of magic before. The fact that there is a human leader is important, and I agree with your assessment of them being in charge of that city and coordinating that response. There may be more like them but for now we at least know that this is a coordinated effort, not some kind of autonomous war machine chasing an ancient grudge.

We're going to have to take you off any future work out here for the moment; we have to assume anything you know is compromised and that they'll likely be on the look out for you in particular now.  Lucky you're a newbie without to many secrets to spill eh?"

He claps you on the back in a friendly manner.

"You're dry now, so head up to the gunner seat on the top of the airship; more useful up there at the moment.  Hold your fire until you see something definitely heading for us. With any luck we can squeeze out of here between their firing lines and return to base. We've already sent word about what we found, so the knowledge is safe, but the King is gonna need every soldier he's got for this"

Okay then.
Time is of the essence, I need to identify the assailant's leadership and make them stop this assault. I make a snap evaluation of the attackers looking for who has the highest authority and can understand me when I talk to them.
"Your attack is over. I'll release you in a moment, and you're going to say why you're doing this. If you defy me, you die. If you have a good reason for your actions, I'll see if I can help you."
There's no way this effect will last for long anyway, but theres nothing stopping me from killing them while they're helpless like this, and there's no way they can't tell that to be true as well. It would be beyond stupid of them to keep attacking in the face of this.
Once I've said my intentions, I want to release this effect from only the boat crew and the being I identified as the attack's leader. I would release the crew sooner but I don't want to accidentally release their attackers early and I don't know how good my control is. I want to keep the majority of the attackers paralyzed for the maximum duration if I can. Hopefully their leader will surrender and explain themselves.
If they insist on violence there's a silly number of ways to reduce them to bloody pulp with the Aqua Vitae ranging from ice spikes to removing blood from brain to making them stab themselves to paralyze and execute one by one. I'm prepared to be violent and adaptive in the face of continued violence on their part, but I would prefer to be peaceful. I have no intention of stopping the boat crew if they do unpleasant things to their attackers while they're helpless, though I'm not encouraging it either. I plan to simply ignore it. At least at first. Plan might change once I've heard the attackers out. I do not approach them, and I do not plan on letting them approach me either. Treachery and attempting to stab me if I let them into range of me is to be expected.
[7+1v6][7v3]
You speak your piece and then release the crew from their paralysis. They tumble to the ground, groaning in obvious pain. Apparently whatever you did was pretty unpleasant. However, despite your best effort you can't pick out a leader among these men. Its possible their leader didn't engage in the attack directly. Also possible they're disguising him. In either case, you can't pick out a specific person to address your negotiations to. You suppose you could choose one at random...or just the toughest looking one...Hmm.

Try to run away and get the others to help again

[12v4]
You don't bother with an attack this time and instead slip the incoming punch, duck under the machine's arm, and sprint away. You run all the way back to the entrance of the tunnel, find the man you rescued climbing out, and both scramble to the surface together. The rest of the group is there, along with two other guards, forming a semi-circle around the hole. You take up position with the other guards while your employers help their friend away and wait for the machine to come charging out of the depths.

But it doesn't. You hear it down there, running about in the darkness and rusted tunnels, but it doesn't come for you.  The other guards argue over it being lost or it trying to lure them in to fight on its territory.

Ask the priests if they’ve ever stopped angelic beings before, what would be required to do so
They have not. Its not their purview to murder divine beings. But there are stories of it, and they direct you towards a group they call "the Golden Horde", a sect down on the lower levels of the city that apparently specialize in dealing with such things in a....respectful manner. Unlike the Mage Breakers, who they say are "needlessly blunt."

Let Darwin lead the way with his staff ((~)).
If any of the insects/creatures take an interest in us, interpose myself between them and Darwin. If they start getting aggressive, poke them with my spear ((~)).

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

Using the sunbro staff, ask a nearby plant if it can point us in the direction of the thingie we are looking for.

Should that not work: does it seem like our target might be the source of this strange light, or near to it? If yes, go looking for the source. If we cannot seem to find it on our own, do a scrying spell to try and determine the source using 'radiation', then go look for it.

If that also doesn't work, check the ghost charm to see if there is a concentration of spirits in this place somewhere, then check that place.

In any case, as before, try to keep a low profile while we search. Try to collect some interesting plant and fungal specimens while looking around if possible to do safely.

You ask a fern to point you in the right direction and it twists a branch round to do so.  You thank it before  continuing on.  You ask several plants like this along the way, readjusting your search when needed. After a while you find your way out of the most dense section of forest and into...well what might be considered a clearing by these standards. Its more of a huge field of plants that are only roughly 6 or so feet tall; giant flowers and ferns and grasses the come up to roughly your height, with scattered giant trees throughout. You climb up onto Eclair's back and look around using his height plus your own. The land here is uneven, sloping gently towards the center of this enclosed space like a shallow bowl. You still cannot see where the light is coming from, but it seems to be all around you; so much so that its difficult to see very far. Its like staring into a sunset no matter where you look, a fog of red amber light. However, out towards where the plants pointed, and down in the lowest part of the bowl, you can see something. From this distance its nothing but a vague shadow, both back and front lit into a vague gray lump. If you had to guess, it looks like an old temple, not unlike those you saw with Miss Lizard made you her favorite toy.

Between here and there though, you see more jungle and, more worrying, some extremely large creatures. The light makes it hard to see, but they look like giant lizards of some sort. Bipeds and quadrupeds, moving slowly through the haze.

No, I don't have prices for the leads on the two words and the Panacea.  Was expecting something like 300 gold for the panacea.

Land within walking distance of the city.  The guards should be able to protect the moth-plane, and I'm only planning to spend one day here.

Anyway, for that day I'd like to hire one more person.  This will be the agent in Gravis, the person I told them I'd send to represent my interests and make sure I get my cut from the new mining activity up there.  Pay is a few hundred gold from me right now, along with offering a portion of my cut, but transportation to Gravis will have to be arranged by the employee.  As evidence that the person is working for me, write a letter and provide a feather from Benedict.

After that, I need to use the biomodder on Benedict, as Ekrov needs a mount that doesn't cost magicoal to move.  I'll buy a low-quality horse or riding beetle or cow or something for more mass.  Nothing good, because it's just going to be killed and used for meat.

Lets see....227 gold for all three. You rolled well this time.

151 for the employee, who heads off for gravid. Likely gonna take a week or two to get there.

27 gold for "raw materials" so to speak.

[1+4v1]

-77 mana

Str D12+2
Spd D12
End D10
Kno D4
Will D8
Sen D10

The resulting creature is a rather odd chimera of cat and bird. It has basically an entirely feline body, though feathered, that resembles a bobcat or mountain lion, complete with spotty white, black and brown coloration. Its head resembles that of an eagle, though with large feline ears plopped a bit too low on the head. Its tail is that of a bird's, though more stubby and wider than a proportional eagle would be. Its quite buff looking but still quick. The most odd distinction is its chest, which has an almost boat keel like shape to it, coming to a point in the center and forming a curve down the chest and onto the abdomen.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: July 14, 2020, 11:32:42 am »

As I'd mentioned, Im making a snap decision here. Semi-random is fine, and I don't need to be accurate. Whichever one has the fanciest gear or looks smartest works. The biggest works to. Or even just whoever is closest to me. It doesn't matter all that much to be accurate so long as im quick. I need to keep them off-balance and cowed.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 12:05:01 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: July 14, 2020, 12:03:16 pm »

Thank the priests and head to the lower levels of the city and try to locate the Golden Horde

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: July 14, 2020, 12:24:16 pm »

(Do hunters get mana just by damaging living things, or do they need to kill them to get mana?)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: July 14, 2020, 03:54:49 pm »

Use binocs to scout some more and identify other possible dangers and obstacles between us and our target.

Secondly, use some plants and such to camouflage ourselves as much as we can (especially bestbird Ecalir).

Then start sneaking over to that center, use the sunbro staff to help us remain quiet by bending the grass and other plants out of the way a bit so we don’t rustle it or disturb it too much, while still having it cover us over our heads. Should one of the local wildlife still be close to spotting us, use the staff to create a distraction in the other direction (eg. Have some branches fall, make the ferns rustle really loudly, etc).

Should we find it difficult to keep track of where the local wildlife is to help avoid them, then cast a temporary viscera sensing spell to give Darwin the ability to sense guts. The sense does not need to be very precise nor long-ranged, it is simply to help avoid the biggo lizardboys (and other critters) between us and the temple. Aiming for a d6 spell difficulty, if that is not enough to last us the whole way I can recast it.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 05:34:28 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: July 15, 2020, 04:12:44 pm »

"I guess that's one upside to me not knowing what I'm doing yet, huh..."

Go to the gunner seat and keep an eye out.

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: July 16, 2020, 04:54:21 am »

What's the terrain like between Lunare and Ens Veneris?  Geographically, I'd like a place where if a spring were to magically come out of the ground, it'd be easy to irrigate a good chunk of land and not drown anything.  I'd also prefer it to be not too hilly.

If that's all doable, time to head out there and begin construction.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 12:26:54 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: July 16, 2020, 06:41:57 am »

Edit since Dev didn't edit his post: He said he meant to send the miner to Galena, not Gravid.  I think.  I don't even know what's being mined, but I have no clue why anyone would want to send a miner to Gravid...

Show the guide golem a map of the known world.  Ask it where the "Haber manufacturing plant in Anodyne" would be found.

Ask the moth plane what year it currently is, in "Accepted Void Calibrated Time".  If the moth doesn't know, ask the guide about historical events that Ekrov would have knowledge of, to try and figure out how Ekrov's known timescale corresponds to the guide's system.  I'd like to know how many years ago 1859 AVCT was.

...If the current year actually is 1859 AVCT, ask the guide how many years it has been since its last activation, or since the attack on Gravid.

Ask the guide what it knows about the clockwork robots that attacked Gravid; who made them, and why they attacked, in particular.  Show it an inactive robot, after assuring it that I have deactivated it for the purposes of study.

Ask the guide if it is able to read and translate the books we took from gravid.

Since Benedict is now apparently Ekrov's personal mount, take him to go retrieve the three buried caches of loot that were taken from the clockwork wreck before.  Move all the stuff to the new construction location.  I just want it free to mess with.

Finally... three more lube experiments.

7. In a previous experiment, swapping ice's solidity to room-temperature water created room temperature ice.  This room temperature ice only melted at 100c, transitioning to a liquid, just as normal water transitions to a gas at 100c.  Now, I want to swap some steam's solidity to normal ice at -10 C or so, creating -10 C steam.  Then I want to let that -10 C steam heat up above 0 C, and watch what it transitions to.  Does it remain steam?  Become water plasma?  Something weirder?

8. Get two mice.  Transition the first mouse's intelligence/consciousness to a brick.  Then transfer the second mouse's intelligence to the first mouse, hopefully reviving the body before it dies.  Finally, attempt to move the first mouse's consciousness from the brick to the second mouse's body.  The goal is to see whether consciousness/intelligence/the mind can be transferred as a trait, whether it can control/survive in a new body, and whether it dies if left in a nonliving object.

9. Take a stick.  Use the lube to transfer a rock's "hardness" to the top half of the stick, leaving the bottom half unaffected.  Does this work, or is the entire stick affected?

...And melt magicoal.

Spoiler: creepy oracle kid (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2729 on: July 17, 2020, 09:41:46 am »

As I'd mentioned, Im making a snap decision here. Semi-random is fine, and I don't need to be accurate. Whichever one has the fanciest gear or looks smartest works. The biggest works to. Or even just whoever is closest to me. It doesn't matter all that much to be accurate so long as im quick. I need to keep them off-balance and cowed.

You choose the toughest looking one and give your speech to him directly. You then release the effect on him specifically and wait as he recovers. He finally croaks out "Give us the sword". You ask why. "Ours...by birthright..." is his response.

Thank the priests and head to the lower levels of the city and try to locate the Golden Horde
The Golden Horde turns out to be a small building with an overly large and elaborate sign declaring itself "THE GOLDEN HORDE" in giant gold letters. The building itself, in faded red, is smaller than the sign. You head in and find what looks almost like an antiques shop, but more chaotic. There's a bunch of...stuff...just piled all around. Ancient looking stuff, like the backroom of some particularly disorganized museum. There's a counter on the far end, and a young lady sitting with her feet on it, clearly bored. She nearly falls out of her chair when you walk in and hurriedly greets you.

"Welcome to the golden horde! Monsters killed, artifacts found, spirits exorcised. Can I help you?"

(Do hunters get mana just by damaging living things, or do they need to kill them to get mana?)
If you "end" the encounter by escaping, you do get mana...but less than if you kill it.

"I guess that's one upside to me not knowing what I'm doing yet, huh..."

Go to the gunner seat and keep an eye out.

You climb up to the gunner seat. Its an odd thing, since you can see outside and see that the airship is invisible. Gives the impression you're flying rapidly through the air, backwards, in a sitting position. Then, completely without warning, the spell ends and the airship pops back into existence in the blink of an eye. By now you're pretty far away from the city, back over the army on the ground. You crane your neck to look down and see them all looking up at you. Or rather just looking up, searching. Its still night for the moment -you have to remind yourself of that- so they don't seem to notice the ship.  You check the skies and see black dots moving about like flies in the distance. None of them seem to have noticed the ship either, from what you can tell.  You wait and watch, whispering what you see down to the breakers below.

After maybe 40 or so tense minutes the captain announces that you're back over friendly territory. The engines pick up and the ship speeds back towards Alkahest, reaching it sometime in the mid morning.

What's the terrain like between Lunare and Ens Veneris?  Geographically, I'd like a place where if a spring were to magically come out of the ground, it'd be easy to irrigate a good chunk of land and not drown anything.  I'd also prefer it to be not too hilly.

If that's all doable, time to head out there and begin construction.

I can't access the map at a resolution good enough to tell you for sure (attempting to just nearly crashed my tablet and lost this turn). But anyplace on the map thats just the general brown can be assumed to be pretty much flat.

If a place exists between those two places that looks like it would fit that criteria, then feel free to use it.

Use binocs to scout some more and identify other possible dangers and obstacles between us and our target.

Secondly, use some plants and such to camouflage ourselves as much as we can (especially bestbird Ecalir).

Then start sneaking over to that center, use the sunbro staff to help us remain quiet by bending the grass and other plants out of the way a bit so we don’t rustle it or disturb it too much, while still having it cover us over our heads. Should one of the local wildlife still be close to spotting us, use the staff to create a distraction in the other direction (eg. Have some branches fall, make the ferns rustle really loudly, etc).

Should we find it difficult to keep track of where the local wildlife is to help avoid them, then cast a temporary viscera sensing spell to give Darwin the ability to sense guts. The sense does not need to be very precise nor long-ranged, it is simply to help avoid the biggo lizardboys (and other critters) between us and the temple. Aiming for a d6 spell difficulty, if that is not enough to last us the whole way I can recast it.

[8+1v8]
You reach the outskirts of that temple through the use of a great deal of stealth, hiding, and plant camo. It is...not exactly a glorious advance and you spend much of it squirming through mud and underbrush, staring at the ground ahead of you and paying no attention to any of the sights around you.  The temple grounds though...that seems like it will be an even greater issue. It, like the one you saw before, has a large pyramid shaped temple in its center, with the trees and such cleared around it. There are other buildings and structures, toppled over or overgrown with moss and grass, but that main building is still in good shape. And in front of that temple is what you can only describe as a giant wingless dragon of some kind. It has the body plan not dissimilar from Eclair's original terror bird shape, but lacking feathers and a beak. Its head is instead reptile like, maybe like a stubby crocodile? Its sitting in the open grass, curled up and apparently asleep.

Edit since Dev didn't edit his post: He said he meant to send the miner to Galena, not Gravid.  I think.  I don't even know what's being mined, but I have no clue why anyone would want to send a miner to Gravid...

Show the guide golem a map of the known world.  Ask it where the "Haber manufacturing plant in Anodyne" would be found.

Ask the moth plane what year it currently is, in "Accepted Void Calibrated Time".  If the moth doesn't know, ask the guide about historical events that Ekrov would have knowledge of, to try and figure out how Ekrov's known timescale corresponds to the guide's system.  I'd like to know how many years ago 1859 AVCT was.

...If the current year actually is 1859 AVCT, ask the guide how many years it has been since its last activation, or since the attack on Gravid.

Ask the guide what it knows about the clockwork robots that attacked Gravid; who made them, and why they attacked, in particular.  Show it an inactive robot, after assuring it that I have deactivated it for the purposes of study.

Ask the guide if it is able to read and translate the books we took from gravid.

Since Benedict is now apparently Ekrov's personal mount, take him to go retrieve the three buried caches of loot that were taken from the clockwork wreck before.  Move all the stuff to the new construction location.  I just want it free to mess with.

Finally... three more lube experiments.

7. In a previous experiment, swapping ice's solidity to room-temperature water created room temperature ice.  This room temperature ice only melted at 100c, transitioning to a liquid, just as normal water transitions to a gas at 100c.  Now, I want to swap some steam's solidity to normal ice at -10 C or so, creating -10 C steam.  Then I want to let that -10 C steam heat up above 0 C, and watch what it transitions to.  Does it remain steam?  Become water plasma?  Something weirder?

8. Get two mice.  Transition the first mouse's intelligence/consciousness to a brick.  Then transfer the second mouse's intelligence to the first mouse, hopefully reviving the body before it dies.  Finally, attempt to move the first mouse's consciousness from the brick to the second mouse's body.  The goal is to see whether consciousness/intelligence/the mind can be transferred as a trait, whether it can control/survive in a new body, and whether it dies if left in a nonliving object.

9. Take a stick.  Use the lube to transfer a rock's "hardness" to the top half of the stick, leaving the bottom half unaffected.  Does this work, or is the entire stick affected?

...And melt magicoal.

Spoiler: creepy oracle kid (click to show/hide)

Several turns worth of posts all at once eh?

1. Ok
2. The golem responds that it is not "On a terrestrial map"
3. The plane says that the year is correct, by its estimation. Give or take 1.3 years.
4. It says 1327 was the last activation time.
5. It doesn't know much other than general info. Namely that they are Mechanist in make. The attack, it says, was part of an ongoing war.
6.It says that it can translate many languages, including "Celestine" the language of Gravid.

7.ok

7(b). It remains steam at room temp, though maybe thats just because its not gotten hot enough?
8. Transfer from mouse to brick to mouse doesn't work, but mouse to mouse does.
9. The entire stick is effected.

1 coal, 31 mana.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 203