Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 343107 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game
« Reply #2835 on: August 20, 2020, 10:05:47 am »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: August 20, 2020, 11:56:25 am »

"And both parts survived being cut in half. What makes you think they can't survive being shattered?."

((Here's the thing. I've been playing with PW for some time, and I've picked up a little on his style. Imagine that you're standing in a corridor with a door at the end. You post an action to walk down the corridor and go through the door. In the turn, he has you go up to the door and then look at it. Why did you not automatically go through? It's because there's a nuke balanced on top of the door and when you open it the bomb will fall on your head and kill you. PW wants to give you another chance to not die.
Say that the mayor has just offered to let you stay for the night. The turn ends right there. PW wants to give you a chance to accept or reject the offer, rather than just having your character do the obvious thing and accept. Why could this be?
Now see, this turn ended the moment that we both concluded our attacks. There's no blurb of us inspecting the bodies or celebrating victory. This opens the possibility that we're still in combat. Why could this be?))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: August 20, 2020, 02:06:05 pm »

"And both parts survived being cut in half. What makes you think they can't survive being shattered?."

((Here's the thing. I've been playing with PW for some time, and I've picked up a little on his style. Imagine that you're standing in a corridor with a door at the end. You post an action to walk down the corridor and go through the door. In the turn, he has you go up to the door and then look at it. Why did you not automatically go through? It's because there's a nuke balanced on top of the door and when you open it the bomb will fall on your head and kill you. PW wants to give you another chance to not die.
Say that the mayor has just offered to let you stay for the night. The turn ends right there. PW wants to give you a chance to accept or reject the offer, rather than just having your character do the obvious thing and accept. Why could this be?
Now see, this turn ended the moment that we both concluded our attacks. There's no blurb of us inspecting the bodies or celebrating victory. This opens the possibility that we're still in combat. Why could this be?))
((Fair points))
You’re probably right, do you think burying the pieces would work?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go to the pieces of the one Zavirius isn’t currently shattering, and use magic to trap each individual piece in spheres of stone and mercury, if this works, trap all of those surrounded pieces in a larger stone and mercury sphere, then use magic to bury that stone and mercury sphere as deep as I can
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 02:11:37 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: August 21, 2020, 04:53:04 am »

[discord convos: pending]

Say a quick word of thanks and remembrance for Excata. Then consider what would be most appropriate/respectful to do with that shroud: leave it here in its final resting place, take it with us and bury it in her beloved forest, or take it and present it to her sister. Go for what seems best.

Either way, with the help of bestbird, head back up with the gem, try to make haste. And be sure to collect our stuff on the way back.

Do I feel any different now, by the way?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 07:40:48 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2839 on: August 21, 2020, 09:22:01 am »

Dive from the sky and shatter the petrified angel. Bash all the bits until they are smaller bits.

Spoiler: ... (click to show/hide)
You spend several minutes shattering pieces into smaller pieces and smaller pieces into powder. When its over there are no parts that are even recognizable as the original.

"Now that should be enough....Hmm"

You pick up some large rocks, sweep the powder into a pile, and place the rocks on top of it.

"THAT should be enough."

Oh no, they're learning! Now I have to just drop instant deaths on them to keep them on their toes~

((Fair points))
You’re probably right, do you think burying the pieces would work?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go to the pieces of the one Zavirius isn’t currently shattering, and use magic to trap each individual piece in spheres of stone and mercury, if this works, trap all of those surrounded pieces in a larger stone and mercury sphere, then use magic to bury that stone and mercury sphere as deep as I can
I'll save you some mana and just let Zavi handle this one. Her work there is good enough and there's no chance of accidently dumping mercury onto the body.

[discord convos: pending]

Say a quick word of thanks and remembrance for Excata. Then consider what would be most appropriate/respectful to do with that shroud: leave it here in its final resting place, take it with us and bury it in her beloved forest, or take it and present it to her sister. Go for what seems best.

Either way, with the help of bestbird, head back up with the gem, try to make haste. And be sure to collect our stuff on the way back.

Do I feel any different now, by the way?

[9]
You consider the best place to put the shroud and think you should leave it here. It was where she chose to be, after all.

You get Eclair to help you up and together the both of you climb the stairway back up to the temple entrance.  As you go, you check yourself over. You don't look different but you do feel different. You feel...floaty? Not all in yourself, as tough your body isn't really your own anymore. You're controlling it, seeing through it, feeling it, but you're not BOUND to it. You feel like if you lost focus you might dissociate from it. You feel other things too, on the edge of your perception. The sensation of other lives.

When you reach the top of the stairs and come out onto the temple steps you are suddenly blinded by light. The cavern which used to contain this jungle is gone, the entire roof blow away and open to the sky. Trees, monstrously large, stretch into the heavens, and greenery flows up the walls and out into the desert beyond, reclaiming the sands and changing them to soil. You can feel the warmth of that sand as though you are digging your toes into it. You feel the jungle expand like you are taking your first deep breath in a long, long time. Your attention is diverted when you feel something approaching. The giant bipedal lizard which slept at the gate to the temple is now very much awake and it is approaching, mouth open, with what you can tell is clear intent to eat you.

Go into the oasis town and rent a room there, making sure to buy about ten or twenty pounds of food for the starling.  If necessary arrange a water supply too.  Starling is to stay in my inn room, window open.

Spend a day or so in the town, doing the usual rounds of healing people for hugs.  In addition to that, see if I can find a much better lead on that statue, something that should let me find it.  If that fails, see if I can hire a few guides to help search for it.

Use my super-ears to try and scope out the town, what's going on with it, if there's any big problems or such.  If there's any willing children, repeat the human thrill-ride for mana thing.

Spoiler: Saeko (click to show/hide)
You rent a nice room for 2 gold a night. You also buy a lot of food for the starling. You're not entirely sure what starlings eat off the top of your head but you ask around end up getting a lot of fruit, which the bird apparently likes. It eats a lot of it at least.

[8] mana. This place is partially a resort of sorts so there aren't a lot of injured underclass workers to pry your trade on.  [7] You ask around about the statue and get some better instructions of where to go. Apparently you weren't far off, but the statue is pretty regularly buried and then unburied by the winds out there, so sometimes it goes missing.

The town is fairly bustling; almost everyone coming through is a merchant or pleasure seeker and there seem to be few who are really badly off. At least so far as you can find. The locals are making a killing on the trade and the traders are enjoying themselves. You set up your carnival ride of sorts and get an additional 10 mana, though these kids seem a bit more jaded than the others.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: August 21, 2020, 10:02:13 am »

((You could always throw in some red herrings, but yeah unavoidable instakills are probably the way to go.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: August 21, 2020, 02:08:55 pm »

Your attention is diverted when you feel something approaching. The giant bipedal lizard which slept at the gate to the temple is now very much awake and it is approaching, mouth open, with what you can tell is clear intent to eat you.
Try to will it to back down through my connection to this jungle. If that doesn't cut it, try to use the upgraded sunbro staff (sunbro-er staff) to make it stand down.

Should these not work or if there's not time for it, get ready for combat! Fend it off with the springy metal halberd (or with the biometal sword should it be better), work together with Ecalir to slay the beast.   

« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 02:16:01 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: August 21, 2020, 08:00:16 pm »

Stay here three more days, allowing the starling to engage in a life of gluttony.  Try to estimate the time until it's about the same mass as myself.

Each day look for the statue, trying to see if it's accessable.  If I can locate it exactly and it'll just take some digging, do so.  If I get through three days, stop there, I'll use some magic to assist.

Since this is a wealthy area, do one more thing to raise money/mana.  See if I can find a few people for cosmetic-related spell stuff, such as baldness cures.  Take no more than one person a night, to get less attention.  Use the biomodder and collect money and a hug, say 25 gold minimum.

Spoiler: Saeko (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 04:23:08 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: August 22, 2020, 06:45:09 pm »

Zavirus plants her club in the ground and spreads wide her four arms and wings.
"Say Eve, what has six limbs, two wings, and a hard shell?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: August 22, 2020, 07:24:01 pm »

Zavirus plants her club in the ground and spreads wide her four arms and wings.
"Say Eve, what has six limbs, two wings, and a hard shell?"
You, and insects

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: August 22, 2020, 07:29:19 pm »

She grins. "Got it in one. Good hunting with you, Eve.
Do you need any more assistance? I'll only be in Kaolin long enough to ask if there's any other fires to put out, then I'll have to head back. Sounded like they wanted help with something back in Regulus."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: August 22, 2020, 07:48:09 pm »

Give Darwin a chance to subdue the beast with his powers. Should that fail, attack it by either:

- If my arms were reattached when we picked up our stuff, channel 3 mana into my longsword and slash at the beast when I see an opening
- If my arms were not reattached, then find a weakspot and give it a TerrorBirb Kick

Spoiler:  Écalir Speedwagon (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: August 22, 2020, 09:47:54 pm »

She grins. "Got it in one. Good hunting with you, Eve.
Do you need any more assistance? I'll only be in Kaolin long enough to ask if there's any other fires to put out, then I'll have to head back. Sounded like they wanted help with something back in Regulus."

I can come with you, one of my Materials is Water, so I should be able to assist in putting out the fires, is it ok if I travel with you to Regulus?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: August 22, 2020, 09:53:53 pm »

"Heh, they're metaphorical fires. Don't worry, fire is on our side. I don't mind if you come along, but understand that I won't slow down for you."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: August 22, 2020, 10:49:58 pm »

Understood, I shall fly with you, if this spell goes well
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 10:38:17 am by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 203