Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 337933 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2017, 04:02:06 pm »

PTW. Dunno yet if I'll play.

One question though, does this mean that DIG is dead?
Only if people aren't interested in continuing it.

ALRIGHT

Everyone who has posted their sheets looks alright so far, though you might all wanna glance at each other just to double check. Since these guys might be your competiton after all.

We have one cabal formed, still waiting on its name and such.

As the rules state, everyone gets 1 material at start. I can either give them via pm for the secretive, or via post for the bold. Those people who have posted a sheet, please, let me know how you want that material, or those materials for the ones you got multiple.

Those of you who still want to form cabals, continue figuring that out among yourselves and get in contact with me via either the thread or PM.

Those of you who want to start independant, let me know and we'll start you right away.

The following spoiler is an example of the actions of cabals. If you are not part of that cabal and you're playing this game DO NOT LOOK IN IT. We're on the honor system for the moment and I like to think you guys can control yourselves. Game loses a lot of the elements of fun when you start cheating. Not to mention non-playing people can't read about your cunning exploits if they exist only in my PM box.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2017, 05:37:38 pm »

I know it's reflex to click on spoilers, but don't click on these. If you don't know if you're supposed to click on these, don't.
You know who you are. :V

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2017, 05:41:12 pm »

Zerthel Zentol's OOC is now here.  Only look at it if you're a member of that cabal.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163899.0

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2017, 05:46:06 pm »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2017, 05:56:15 pm »

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 07:43:25 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2017, 07:30:50 pm »

Well I still have a spot open in the Fellowship in Soaring Towers cabal. Anyone left?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2017, 07:42:19 pm »

Gentlefish, I was looking at your application, and you still have a point left to spend in your stats.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2017, 07:43:43 pm »

Spoiler: ZerthalZental (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: char sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:22:52 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2017, 07:59:41 pm »

Name: Decce Duehe
Appearance: Sly 20ya with green cloak, dark blue jeans, green quiver, sturdy boots that only go up to the ankle. Rough brown hair, green eyes.
Magic path: Invoking Servant
Mana: 0
Strength:      D4
Speed:         D8
Endurance:   D6
Knowledge:   D12
Will:             D8
Senses:        D6

Ongoing effects: None.

Inventory:

Grand:
1. Quality Longbow D8

Great:
1. Doctor's Kit
2. Ghost Charm

Mundane:
1. Backpack
2. Light Armor
3. 100 feet of Rope
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2017, 08:06:03 pm »

Name: Jian

Appearance: This, but replace the staff with a sword.

Magic Path: Ascetic Hunter
Mana: 0

Strength: d4
Speed: d8
Endurance: d10
Knowledge: d8
Will: d4
Senses: d10

Ongoing effects: None.

Inventory:
Grand:
Quality Longsword (d8)

Great:
2 Shortswords (d6)

Mundane:
Longsword Sheath (d4)
2 Shortsword Sheath (d4)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:12:40 pm by adwarf »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2017, 08:10:58 pm »

IN!

Reading OP...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2017, 08:22:31 pm »

Well I still have a spot open in the Fellowship in Soaring Towers cabal. Anyone left?
What are your goals/tenets?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2017, 08:24:34 pm »

This looks like a really neat system. In.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2017, 08:24:57 pm »

@Piecewise: Will any inspiration be taken from the Dark Sun campaign setting?

Are there any "free Cabal slots" left?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2017, 08:28:57 pm »

What are your goals/tenets?

1: Build a flying mobile fortress

2: Travel the world, look for fun things to fight, nab interesting people, discover interesting magic.

3: Expand the tower, become a flying city. Rule like the anime kings we are.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:34:07 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 203