Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 341781 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #405 on: June 19, 2017, 11:29:59 pm »

Spoiler: FISTicuffs (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 20, 2017, 12:03:58 am »

Yeah, Not having fun as part of a cabal, so I'm going to quit and start up a new character. Spawn in Fearce.

Name: Harold
Appearance: Moderately obese middle aged man.
Magic path: Alchemist Ascetic
Mana: 0
Strength: d4
Speed: d4
Endurance: d12
Knowledge: d6
Will: d12
Senses: d6

Ongoing effects:

Inventory:
Lantern
Thaumic Junk
Book
Alchemist's gear
100 gold
Magical Material
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 21, 2017, 07:00:09 pm »

Spoiler: ZZ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: char sheet (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

SpottedWobbegong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 23, 2017, 04:41:46 am »

So, I've haven't been posting here for quite a while. The main reason is that I've been waiting for my cabal mates to do something, and after a while I got bored and forgot to check the thread. Seeing that my cabal is dead, could I go independent with my current character?

And just a note, having all these spoilered actions makes the game a bit boring. I mean I have to wait 2 days to catch a fish and do some RP with my cabal. If I could read other stuff, it would be a lot more interesting. But this is due to the format of the game, so I don't know what could be done.

taat

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't notify people when putting them in the sig
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 23, 2017, 08:51:44 am »

I'm biased since I'm not in and just read everything but if you patiently wait for the game to develop, the eventual pc interaction is likely to be pretty good and unique since although you can't see it, things still happen in the world instead of everything popping into existence just before you round the corner.
Hypothesis: I will kill all dwarves in a horrible fashion

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #410 on: June 25, 2017, 12:21:08 pm »

So, I've haven't been posting here for quite a while. The main reason is that I've been waiting for my cabal mates to do something, and after a while I got bored and forgot to check the thread. Seeing that my cabal is dead, could I go independent with my current character?

And just a note, having all these spoilered actions makes the game a bit boring. I mean I have to wait 2 days to catch a fish and do some RP with my cabal. If I could read other stuff, it would be a lot more interesting. But this is due to the format of the game, so I don't know what could be done.
You can create an independent character. And I wouldn't mind things going unspoiled but...well we'd have to have some sort of honor code of not using OOC knowledge to murder. Alternatively, we can all just go independent and let cabals form organically.

Spoiler: Fist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ZZ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pamrod (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bombu (click to show/hide)
There's only really one way off the mountain, and thats to walk. But its quite a distance and the environment is not particularly friendly. If you're going to do it, you're gonna want warm clothing and probably a few days of food and water. Maybe even to go with a group, if you're worried about getting lost.

Welp, that worked out. Go back down and thank the woman before going about my day.
My first priority is to locate herbalists and such to restock my doctor bag with from. I need to do my profession's maintanance tasks before anything.
while doing that, chat with the shopkeepers. find out anything important to know, and anything interesting, and try to learn a bit about those religious guys from the bottom of the lake.
clarity edit: Do buy whatever is necessary to keep my doctor bag fully ready. Spending limit is literally all the money I have on me. I consider this seemingly optional task a high priority because I need it to do my job.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
Hey nina, you're not in mesothorium, you're in phaganeda. Might wanna update that.

You thank the woman, who just nods, and then head out to find a herbalist and a place to replenish your other stocks. You find an apothicary near the center of town and they have a large supply of dried herbs, including many you've never seen, and plenty of medical supplies. The shop is quite old, smells of smoke and dust, and the owner is much the same. However, he is friendly enough, when you can finally weave your way through hanging clusters of plants and baskets of dried flowers.

You restock your bag, but it costs you 6 silver. You talk to the shop keeper about the town and the procession. He tells you that Phaganeda is built upon the mangrove roots and the sunken ruins below the surface and that the religious groups hold a covenant with the creatures in the lake. Its how the town can continue to exist, despite the pestilence of the water and their isolated location. Because you're an outsider he warns you that while the fish are good natured and the people understanding, anything which would threaten the covenant will be...disposed of.  He does however say that you should talk to the people at the church. If you want to learn about or find things at the bottom of the lake, they're the ones who would best know how.

Moghorn shrugs ruefully, and asks if the shopkeeper could recommend an idiot to flog them to. Also, ask him if there are any animal hides in particular demand, seeing as he'll be spending a lot of time travelling.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
The shopkeeper hands the rats back and tells you that someone in the noble quarter might pay for it; but it would need to be preserved and without some expert saying it is genuine, it might be hard to find a buyer.  He offers you a deal: He'll fix this up for you and sell it, giving you 50% of the profits. In return, you agree to sell any pelts you get to him exclusively.

Yeah, Not having fun as part of a cabal, so I'm going to quit and start up a new character. Spawn in Fearce.

Name: Harold
Appearance: Moderately obese middle aged man.
Magic path: Alchemist Ascetic
Mana: 0
Strength: d4
Speed: d4
Endurance: d12
Knowledge: d6
Will: d12
Senses: d6

Ongoing effects:

Inventory:
Lantern
Thaumic Junk
Book
Alchemist's gear
100 gold
Magical Material

Ok. Fearce is a town that cropped up along a major road after the events that created the artifacter's grave. Its something like a mining town however it survives by scavenging the huge burnt expanses of the grave and the ash trail for mechanical parts, living bronze and other objects of use in the creation of machines. Of all the places in the kingdom, it is the one that has any measure of advanced machinery and it is basically entirely focused on the creation of machines. It exports mainly parts and men who go set up machines elsewhere. It is quite a wealthy little town as well, even through the majority of its citizens are just scavengers.

Is this where you'd like to spawn? And if so, do you want to be a traveler passing through or connected to this town somehow?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 25, 2017, 03:19:59 pm »

I'll spawn in Fearce, as a somewhat wealthy store owner (don't dig for gold, sell shovels!)
What are my materials?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 25, 2017, 03:24:11 pm »

The shopkeeper hands the rats back and tells you that someone in the noble quarter might pay for it; but it would need to be preserved and without some expert saying it is genuine, it might be hard to find a buyer.  He offers you a deal: He'll fix this up for you and sell it, giving you 50% of the profits. In return, you agree to sell any pelts you get to him exclusively.
Agree. Collect mad dosh. Make investigations about Living Bronze in Alkahest.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 25, 2017, 10:48:37 pm »

Well then, lets take his advice. Talk to the people at the church.

Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 01:20:28 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 26, 2017, 10:05:17 am »

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:49:11 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 26, 2017, 12:49:30 pm »

Spoiler: Fisticuffs (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 26, 2017, 04:58:28 pm »

Spoiler: fist (click to show/hide)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 26, 2017, 06:18:27 pm »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #418 on: July 02, 2017, 08:29:29 am »

We're down to 7 people here. Not even including sy, of all people. Are you guys interested in continuing or should I just put the time I would be using towards this game towards 888th or maybe a different game?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 02, 2017, 08:39:03 am »

I wonder pw, is it absolutely necessary for a lot of people to post for you to run a turn in this? Unlike something unnatural selection, which is highly competitive and missing a turn can mean you're dead, or wizards which is focused on a small group, most players in this game are pretty independent. So couldn't you just run turns for those who had the time/interest to post, even if it's only a small percentage of people nominally playing?

Hell, even if the game drops to only ~7 people regularly posting, is that such a problem if those people are having fun? Sure, the cabal aspect of the game might not really get realized like that, but is a sandbox wizard game without a big competitive angle inferior? And for the people who don't like the current CABAL style, you're running multiple other games with a different style, so it's not like there's a dearth of options here (not to mention all the other stuff in the subforum).

Seriously, for me the game is just getting interesting and exciting, pulling another DIG and killing it now would be really unfortunate.

EDIT: perhaps if we drop the explicit cabal part and make turns open, there'll be more interest?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 08:42:02 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 203