Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 337934 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2017, 10:51:27 pm »

Nnnnot after you offered to sell my info out to syv.
Wait, he did that?
I literally did that to try and get on his team's good side. I mainly meant components, but the only other things I would've CONSIDERED sharing were either public (like goods at a shop we don't want but they do) or stuff we weren't going to go near (like a dangerous outlaw or aggressive enemy Cabal).

Here's the specifics of the PM: doubt the quote will work, but I may as well try.
...It would be possible for me to act as a contact in another group for you. If I find information you might want, or you're looking for something from me, we could always arrange a trade or something.
..yeah, sounds a lot shadier than I intended.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 10:55:12 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2017, 11:01:40 pm »

I did ask you outright whether you were saying you were offering to spy, and you never corrected that.  I would've been a lot more willing to discuss if you had simply said I misunderstood, and that you just wanted to share safe information.

Beyond that, even such inert things are dangerous to share.  If you say there's a dangerous outlaw in some city, that'll be warning everyone else that you were recently in that city--or you're making something up.  The former is bad for your team, while the latter is just bad.

I don't have anything against sharing truly safe information, like what can be bought in shops, if it won't risk my team.  I don't think that needs to be shared secretly between two players though, seems odd and limited.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2017, 11:21:21 pm »

Not sure how I missed you reply there. Whoops.
Anyway, as for information being safe, there are two ways of having information that would hide any important information about me, even if it's not what I was doing with the information. First, news travels; I could've heard about the outlaw in Herrisberg from a traveler in Tare City, and it's pretty hard to distinguish. Second, I could allways provide a delay of several turns, or I whether 2 or 15. Still, the smallest details may be all that's necessary to reveal the truth of one's circumstances, so I'll try to refrain from such unless it's anti-mages or the like.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2017, 11:49:04 pm »

Actually, guys, can we make a universal pact to publicly post the locations of anti-mages whenever we find them? An agreed-upon allowed delay (like, say, 3-5 turns or so) for posting those locations might also be included in that pact.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2017, 12:25:19 am »

A bit behind, gotta double check everything, but I think I'm happy with my character.

Spoiler: Zrell (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:41:56 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2017, 01:41:03 am »

I did ask you outright whether you were saying you were offering to spy, and you never corrected that.  I would've been a lot more willing to discuss if you had simply said I misunderstood, and that you just wanted to share safe information.

Beyond that, even such inert things are dangerous to share.  If you say there's a dangerous outlaw in some city, that'll be warning everyone else that you were recently in that city--or you're making something up.  The former is bad for your team, while the latter is just bad.

I don't have anything against sharing truly safe information, like what can be bought in shops, if it won't risk my team.  I don't think that needs to be shared secretly between two players though, seems odd and limited.

Weren't you the double-spy in Perplexicon? You are the patron saint of deception.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2017, 01:43:42 am »

Fountain of Skulls needs one more player to form a cabal! PM me or/and shadowclaw to join!  ;)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2017, 02:12:49 am »

I'm thinking of joining with a channeling invoker... with a spirit.

What would it mean as a non-servant with a spirit?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SpottedWobbegong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2017, 02:27:24 am »

I'd like to join
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Could the cabals write a bit of info about themselves? I wouldn't like to join some torture gang accidentally, and I'm too lazy to write PMs to every leader :D

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2017, 02:40:13 am »

I wouldn't like to join some torture gang accidentally
really, those are the fun ones though
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:50:09 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2017, 03:00:35 am »

Zerthel Zentol's core values are teamwork and progression; we want to grow stronger, together, staying close and tight-knit.  We haven't been doing much advertisement because we don't want to be a massive cabal--everyone who is already part of the cabal has to agree on a new recruit being accepted before they get in.  After all, if two people don't work well together, then we can't be very close-knit.  (Plus, it'd be no fun if any one cabal got too massive :P )

SpottedWobbegong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2017, 03:07:51 am »

I wouldn't like to join some torture gang accidentally
really, those are the fun ones though
They are fun until the Mage Killers come and start torturing you.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2017, 04:41:11 am »

Numbers, for fun.

A fun tidbit; all gut-readers are also hunters
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2017, 09:58:04 am »

Name: Noh
Appearance: Small girl. Constantly looks bored. Albino with pale blue eyes.
Magic path: Channeler Ascetic
Mana: 0
Strength: 1d4
Speed: 1d8
Endurance: 1d10
Knowledge: 1d6
Will: 1d10
Senses: 1d6

Ongoing effects: None

Inventory:
Backpack, ceremonial kris D4, Light Armor d4
Doctor's bag, Sling d6

Familiar: Kuzco the mini-Quetzal
Strength: 1d4
Speed: 1d8
Endurance: 1d6
Knowledge: 1d4
Will: 1d6
Senses: 1d8

Little winged snake that flys about when he isn't lazily curled around Noh's neck

HEY WHO WANTS A FREAKSHOW IN THEIR CABAL?

Added that extra point. Still looking for a cabal to join before existing because I'm lazy and scared.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2017, 12:33:59 pm »

I know it's reflex to click on spoilers, but don't click on these. If you don't know if you're supposed to click on these, don't.
You know who you are. :V

Spoiler: ZZ Cabal Actions (click to show/hide)

I'm thinking of joining with a channeling invoker... with a spirit.

What would it mean as a non-servant with a spirit?
It would mean you have some kind of invisible magical critter living inside you, talking to you, without contributing anything really.

So kind of like just having a mental illness. If that illness were actually alive and had powers.

So fist has formed but no one has posted an action or told me where their headquarters will be so....kinda not a lot going on with them.

Again, any independants that just wanna start playing and not join a cabal, at least right away?

Or any cabals still looking for members to form?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 203