Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 341654 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #615 on: November 12, 2017, 06:49:06 pm »

""Thank you for your kind offer, but I can't be the only pilgrim targeted this way. If you could please instead make sure the area around the church is safe, and that these men are brought to justice, then that will ensure the safety of not just me, but of everyone. I'll be keeping my eyes open in case they target me again, don't worry. If things get bad, I'll remember that this is a place of sanctuary, and come running."
My intent is to leave and be on my way. The only reason I came by was to warn them of the danger to their pilgrims. If I'm left unmolested, I'm going to spend a couple days plying my trade, and just helping people, and listening to their stories.
Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:55:43 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 13, 2017, 05:01:38 am »

((Assuming for now we can notice what's happening, sent pm to confirm. Confirmed!))

Run up and try to grab the attention of the creature.
-If successful and it's coming for me, throw the net over/at it then focus on dodging.
-If not successful, run up to the creature and throw the net at it so that it ensnares the monster but not Ecalir.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:42:08 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 13, 2017, 12:00:50 pm »

The bartender looks mildly annoyed but he motions to one of the other patrons and the man walks over with slow, heavy steps. The two converse quietly for a moment before the bartender turns back to you.

"This man will take you where you need to go. He wants to know how much you'll pay."

Make a show of thinking for a bit.

"Three gold coins, if he'll put in a few hours of digging and take me back here."

Don't let them know Moghorn has more than eight gold, but go up a bit if he haggles. Might as well die happy. Toss one gold or however much will keep a bunch of alcoholic toughs busy onto the bar, looking extremely pleased.

"Rounds on me."

Then leave immediately. Don't give the guy any opportunities to backstab me for a bit, and ensure we walk roughly towards the pillars of lead. Once within body-dragging distance, try and hit him in the spine with a crossbow bolt from behind. If he tries something not accounted for in this post, then react to it next turn.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 14, 2017, 03:47:06 am »

"Welp!"

Go hit that rock with a hammer as hard as possible.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 15, 2017, 09:40:58 am »

((PW confirmed in PM that we can hear what's happening so we can go and help.

Also, taking bets as to just how badly that net trick will fail. Will it entangle zomraptor with Ecalir? Will the monster gracefully leap over the net so it only binds Ecalir? Will it somehow bind the entire party together into a sausage of failure? Bet now! Win big!))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:35:59 am by Radio Controlled »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 15, 2017, 10:17:55 am »

My bet? It just tangles up Behiar while missing everything else.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 15, 2017, 10:40:15 am »

My bet? It just tangles up Behiar while missing everything else.
[bookie] And how much are you willing to bet on that good sir or madam? [/bookie]

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 15, 2017, 10:42:28 am »

I bet Behair's life (so I'll have a spare when I'm right.)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 15, 2017, 01:18:05 pm »

Ask my sculpture how much blood it would need to tell me the location of the nearest valuable (in terms of Thaum from breaking it down) magical object I can get other than the sculpture that I wouldn't have to steal, and the safest path/way to get that object.

Spoiler: Aurum (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 18, 2017, 10:57:01 am »

Try to throw the creature off of me and get some distance between the two of us.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #625 on: November 19, 2017, 11:41:23 am »

"Seems good to me."

Accept them, and then head out with the caravan.

I've completely forgotten where you want to go...PM me and I'll edit this.

"Yes. See, I'm currently looking for a job and there are lots of wizards who use magic for bad stuff like murder or theft. Someone has to get rid of them, right? I'm also interested in mercenary work and bounty hunting."
Listen to what he has to say.
Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
"There is a young woman who we believe may have wizardly powers. She has agreed to peaceful interaction but we sense betrayal in her. She is..." He runs a thick tongue across sharp teeth, "Slippery. We would employ your services to make sure she does not break her promises."

""Thank you for your kind offer, but I can't be the only pilgrim targeted this way. If you could please instead make sure the area around the church is safe, and that these men are brought to justice, then that will ensure the safety of not just me, but of everyone. I'll be keeping my eyes open in case they target me again, don't worry. If things get bad, I'll remember that this is a place of sanctuary, and come running."
My intent is to leave and be on my way. The only reason I came by was to warn them of the danger to their pilgrims. If I'm left unmolested, I'm going to spend a couple days plying my trade, and just helping people, and listening to their stories.
You thank them but refuse and leave. You spend two days plying your trade as a healer, fixing various minor injuries. The worst of them were sustained by a trader who appears to have been beaten quite badly. He is brought to you unconscious and left unceremoniously in your care. By which I mean they literally drag him into your room at the Inn and drop him on the floor.

The bartender looks mildly annoyed but he motions to one of the other patrons and the man walks over with slow, heavy steps. The two converse quietly for a moment before the bartender turns back to you.

"This man will take you where you need to go. He wants to know how much you'll pay."

Make a show of thinking for a bit.

"Three gold coins, if he'll put in a few hours of digging and take me back here."

Don't let them know Moghorn has more than eight gold, but go up a bit if he haggles. Might as well die happy. Toss one gold or however much will keep a bunch of alcoholic toughs busy onto the bar, looking extremely pleased.

"Rounds on me."

Then leave immediately. Don't give the guy any opportunities to backstab me for a bit, and ensure we walk roughly towards the pillars of lead. Once within body-dragging distance, try and hit him in the spine with a crossbow bolt from behind. If he tries something not accounted for in this post, then react to it next turn.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)

The man doesn't haggle, he just nods.  You drop a gold on drinks and then head out with your...guide. You walk side by side for a good few miles until it starts getting dark. At twilight the man starts to slow, trying to maneuver in behind you gradually. You slow in turn and eventually you both end up standing a good 10 feet apart, side by side, in silence.

Ask my sculpture how much blood it would need to tell me the location of the nearest valuable (in terms of Thaum from breaking it down) magical object I can get other than the sculpture that I wouldn't have to steal, and the safest path/way to get that object.

Spoiler: Aurum (click to show/hide)

They say "The fill of a small child".

Try to throw the creature off of me and get some distance between the two of us.

[3v8]
You struggle to escape the creature but it simply slams your shoulder back to the ground.
[5v2]
The beast brings its jaws down and snaps at your skull. You duck your shoulders and twist to the side, avoiding the attack by inches.

((Assuming for now we can notice what's happening, sent pm to confirm. Confirmed!))

Run up and try to grab the attention of the creature.
-If successful and it's coming for me, throw the net over/at it then focus on dodging.
-If not successful, run up to the creature and throw the net at it so that it ensnares the monster but not Ecalir.

You run up within 15 or so feet of the creature and start making a lot of noise, yelling and waving your arms at the same time. The creature's head darts up and stone eyes focus on you. It goes still except for its head and eyes, slowly tracking your movements like a serpent. You whip out the net and hurl it at the creature in one motion.
[6v1] The net lands straight on top of it, instantly tangling around its jaws, forelimbs and the big claws on either foot. It tries to jump back, away from the net. It cuts the net badly with the attempt but it holds well enough to make the creature stumble and fall onto its side.

"Welp!"

Go hit that rock with a hammer as hard as possible.

Both you and the other guide charge in, striking like mad with your rock hammers.
[3,6v8]
The creature squirms and jerks and the blows glance off it with sprays of oddly colored sparks.

The fossil vampire tears at the net with its huge diamond hunting claws and manages to free its legs. It jitters back onto its feet, mouth and forelimbs still tangled and useless for the moment.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 19, 2017, 12:15:35 pm »

"Sure, I accept the job. Do you want her alive or dead? Be specific.
And if she turns out to not be a wizard, I will request extra payment. Not in gold, just something that is alive and has magic."

Accept the job. Ask them if they know where is she now or anything I should know before fighting her. Once I'm ready to go, make sure I'm wearing my Sealer Suit and I have my shield and wooden club prepared for combat.
Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 19, 2017, 12:37:16 pm »

I'll begin helping the man immediately, but I'll also be noting what the men who drop him off look like, and would prefer to question them a little before they go. If they choose to just walk away though I'm not going to try to stop them.
"Wow. Sirs, what happened to this man?" I ask while grabbing my supplies and getting to work on making sure the man ends up okay.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 19, 2017, 05:57:17 pm »

Holy shit that actually worked. Well then, grab the other net and throw that one over the monster as well. Only throw it if I have a more or less unobstructed shot however, don't wanna risk entangling allies.

((Zombrodino rolls: 8, 8, 2, 1, 8. PW, did you break out the old Xan dice again?))

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 05:59:04 pm by Radio Controlled »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #629 on: November 20, 2017, 02:39:02 pm »

Holy shit that actually worked. Well then, grab the other net and throw that one over the monster as well. Only throw it if I have a more or less unobstructed shot however, don't wanna risk entangling allies.

((Zombrodino rolls: 8, 8, 2, 1, 8. PW, did you break out the old Xan dice again?))

(one of those was a D10 so its not max~)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 203