Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 343140 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #825 on: March 11, 2018, 04:38:56 pm »

Randolf gives a thumbs up to the healer to show that the water is fine.
Wait for the healer to go into the water. Protect the healer from harm and make sure she doesn't try anything suspicious like attacking someone. Follow the priests to the place we had to go.
Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 11, 2018, 05:52:05 pm »

Neither I nor Behiar actually know this will work; it's a sort of divine inspiration thing. So she'll have told you that there's a secret door in the tablet room, and she has an idea how to deal with it, but it'll take 9 hours to set up.

Ia Ia, Piecewise fhtagn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 14, 2018, 12:19:37 am »

First up is probably a magical examination of the girl.  Maybe there's something obviously wrong with her internally.. something that's doing too little or too much.  Maybe there's some other kind of magical influence, like maybe there's something missing from her or being taken from her.

Spoiler: Saeko (click to show/hide)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 14, 2018, 11:56:24 am »

Poke the dirt gingerly with the rifle. Is it an illusion covering a hole? Or marks of actual digging? If it is an illusion, use the gem and blood to fire lightning through.

If it's the marks of a hole dug in the ground... gee, I guess Moghorn will set up camp.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 14, 2018, 05:34:35 pm »

I assume you're only taking the tablets that have magical words, right?
Actually, no. I'll be taking the tablets that I see have words on them first, but if I had time left after that I'd start hauling out the blank tablets too.

Also, tattoo the following words on myself once the hauling is done:
Insect 
Strong acid
White Phosphorous 
Electricity
Lightning

After that, help rufus and Darwin with whatever they need

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #830 on: March 18, 2018, 12:01:27 pm »

Radio Controlled - Today at 20:37
2.Is that one word actually "lighting" or was it supposed to be "lightning"?
2.Yes.
Mr.Bones - Today at 20:38
Lightning
Radio Controlled - Today at 20:38
Will you ever pass up an opportunity to pull that one :p
Mr.Bones - Today at 20:39
probably not, even if I want to

((So yeah Pancaek, the word is of the electrifying variety, not the illuminating one.))

Oh, and also:

((Egan, can I assume Behiar informed us of her plans and how long they'd take before starting on her magic?))

Action for the 9 hour timeskip: With the help of Rufus (and Ecalir if he wants to), start hauling all of our loot back up the ravine where Rufus is. Then spend the remaining time converting jade into thaum.

Give the rune sword and springy metal weapons to Ecalir for now.

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
I assume you're only taking the tablets that have magical words, right?
Actually, no. I'll be taking the tablets that I see have words on them first, but if I had time left after that I'd start hauling out the blank tablets too.

Also, tattoo the following words on myself once the hauling is done:
Insect 
Strong acid
White Phosphorous 
Electricity
Lightning

After that, help rufus and Darwin with whatever they need

In nine hours the two of you, and Rufus, manage to haul all the tablets back up to the cliff. You separate them into magical and non-magical (so far as you can see) and Darwin starts melting down the non-magical ones. He gets about 20 thaum made in the remaining time while Eclair tattoos his words onto himself.  Not sure where he does this for each word, but he should probably mark that down.

Randolf gives a thumbs up to the healer to show that the water is fine.
Wait for the healer to go into the water. Protect the healer from harm and make sure she doesn't try anything suspicious like attacking someone. Follow the priests to the place we had to go.
Down I go I suppose.
Once both Healer and "Bodyguard" are in the water, the procession continues downward. Its an odd thing because the priests and the other followers do not swim so much as they do a floating low gravity walk, like someone skipping down spiral stairs on the moon. You follow as best you can and find that the water holds up beneath your feet as though it were semi-solid, a thick amorphous goo. The spiral down takes an hour at least but you eventually reach the lake floor, a plane of fine silt and countless thousands of fish and human bones as well as trash and debris.  At the center of it, directly below the town, is an ancient stone structure almost entirely sunken into the muck. It looks like it was once a grand temple but now only the front section peeks out, like a half sunken ship listing out of the waves one last time.

"We have arrived, dear pilgrims!" A priest announces, his voice oddly unchanged beneath the water. "Who shall be first to enter?"

Neither I nor Behiar actually know this will work; it's a sort of divine inspiration thing. So she'll have told you that there's a secret door in the tablet room, and she has an idea how to deal with it, but it'll take 9 hours to set up.

Ia Ia, Piecewise fhtagn!

You hear...something happen inside the room when you activate the array. And it continues to happen even after several minutes. Huh... Sounds like...well...someone playing a saw with a cello bow. Or a Theremin. You wouldn't know this, what with those instruments not existing in your world, but thats what it sounds like.

Poke the dirt gingerly with the rifle. Is it an illusion covering a hole? Or marks of actual digging? If it is an illusion, use the gem and blood to fire lightning through.

If it's the marks of a hole dug in the ground... gee, I guess Moghorn will set up camp.

The dirt is ordinary dirt.

*cough*

First up is probably a magical examination of the girl.  Maybe there's something obviously wrong with her internally.. something that's doing too little or too much.  Maybe there's some other kind of magical influence, like maybe there's something missing from her or being taken from her.

[4v4] -4 mana
You attempt, with the use of your limited scrying abilities, to examine the girl's body for any sign of illness. You have her lay on a bed (her feet hang off the end) and trace a finger across her skin, up each arm and leg, across the spine, along each major artery, across the sutures of the skull, etc.  It leads you to her throat. You feel as though her issue is something to do with too much of something in that area.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 18, 2018, 01:16:49 pm »

Imbibe thaum, give half the mana to Ecalir (10 mana).

Then climb up on the bridge (a safe distance away from the chasm) and continue converting jade into thaum with Rufus' help (and Ecalir if he wants to). Also, last turn I was perhaps a bit unclear, but the idea was to convert jade from the bridge into thaum, not the jade tablets. Does that change the amount of thaum made last turn?

Could you give me a rough idea how much thaum we'd theoretically get by converting the crystal skull? What about the platinum ingot?

"Do you guys think we should go check up on Behiar? She's been busy for quite a while now. She's been handling herself pretty well for someone not used to this kind of adventure, but I'm not exactly sure what she's trying to do right now.

Ecalir, do you wanna go take a look, or would you rather try out that new sword we traded for? It appears to be pretty powerful."

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:53:38 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 18, 2018, 07:01:22 pm »

Don't go first. Enter after the healer.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 20, 2018, 06:29:56 pm »

If the issue is too much of something in that area, go change part of whatever organ it is into ordinary ape fat.  Not all of it, it might be worse to remove all of an organ, but if there's too much of it, removing some of it should help.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 20, 2018, 07:04:48 pm »

After a pause for thought:
"Me."
Go.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 21, 2018, 06:15:48 pm »

"Ecalir wishes to play with his new shiny toy."

Give the runesword I got from Darwin a once-over and a few practice swings (in the air, don't shatter it against a rock or anything). Can I get any info from it from that?

After playing around with the sword a bit, go and help Darwin and Rufus convert the Jade.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:39:36 am by Pancaek »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 22, 2018, 02:30:43 pm »

Use some blood to coat my boots and lower trousers in Crystal. If the crystal isn't heavy, get some lead from the down and tie it to my feet, so I stay upright. Then walk across the Mercury to wherver the goddamn bandits are. Take my weapons on a sled if that's easier/possible.

One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #837 on: March 25, 2018, 06:35:48 pm »

Use some blood to coat my boots and lower trousers in Crystal. If the crystal isn't heavy, get some lead from the down and tie it to my feet, so I stay upright. Then walk across the Mercury to wherver the goddamn bandits are. Take my weapons on a sled if that's easier/possible.

Use some blood? But your crystal just turns blood into lighting, not more crystal? You've confused me. PM me what you mean by that and I'll edit this turn.

"Ecalir wishes to play with his new shiny toy."

Give the runesword I got from Darwin a once-over and a few practice swings (in the air, don't shatter it against a rock or anything). Can I get any info from it from that?

After playing around with the sword a bit, go and help Darwin and Rufus convert the Jade.

You hold the blade in both hands and give it a few slashes. Its well balanced and sturdy but other than that it seems unremarkable as a blade. You can feel it trying to suck mana out of you though, especially when you swing it. The runes emit very faint light in total darkness though, which means you should probably keep it sheathed and covered to avoid being noticed in those conditions.

Imbibe thaum, give half the mana to Ecalir (10 mana).

Then climb up on the bridge (a safe distance away from the chasm) and continue converting jade into thaum with Rufus' help (and Ecalir if he wants to). Also, last turn I was perhaps a bit unclear, but the idea was to convert jade from the bridge into thaum, not the jade tablets. Does that change the amount of thaum made last turn?

Could you give me a rough idea how much thaum we'd theoretically get by converting the crystal skull? What about the platinum ingot?

"Do you guys think we should go check up on Behiar? She's been busy for quite a while now. She's been handling herself pretty well for someone not used to this kind of adventure, but I'm not exactly sure what she's trying to do right now.

Ecalir, do you wanna go take a look, or would you rather try out that new sword we traded for? It appears to be pretty powerful."

You give Eclair 10 mana.

Rufus and Eclair  climb up on the bridge and start chipping off pieces, dropping them down to Darwin who feeds them into his alchemy equipment. They make 10 mana worth of thaum.

Roughly 30 and roughly 40.

Don't go first. Enter after the healer.
After a pause for thought:
"Me."
Go.
The priest doesn't respond except with an exaggerated bow and double handed gesture to go past him and into the building. You both head in, sorcerer followed by magebreaker, and begin to descend. The hall you enter is quite grand, despite its current location and the thick coating of sea life. Statues and fresco are obscured by seaweed -or whatever the lake equivalent is, You're no expert on aquatic plants- and fine layers of silt. You can tell from what you can see that this building is a temple, though you don't recognize the language or the god it depicts. After the hall you come into a great circular chamber. Pillars line the walls and a dome, probably once coated in copper but now corroded into an ugly green-black, makes up what would have been the roof once. Now its tilted at the same hard angle that everything else is and holes in it have allowed silt and debris to collect against the back wall, the point of the building sunk most deeply into the muck. There is a huge statue there, depicting that same god in flowing vestments, all of it carved of marble. At the foot of the statue is a throne, now leaning back with the rest of the building, made of carved rock. A figure sits that throne and a sword has been stabbed straight through his chest and into the rock behind him.  Blood flows from the wound in a slow but constant trickle, but seems to vanish or become water almost immediately after it leaves his body.

The man turns his head to look at you and you can see that it is the same man as the one depicted by the statue, albeit more haggard and thin, his vestments soiled and crumbling.

"Ah." He says, voice unaffected by the water, and he speaks dozens of words you don't recognize until saying "This?" in your language. He seems to notice your faces light up in recognition and then continues in the tongue you understand. "Have you come to kill me?"

If the issue is too much of something in that area, go change part of whatever organ it is into ordinary ape fat.  Not all of it, it might be worse to remove all of an organ, but if there's too much of it, removing some of it should help.

[3v6] -6 mana
You lay your hands on the girl's throat and push magic in. You start to concentrate it on the problem with something goes wrong. It dissipates with a flash of blue sparks that sends pain up your arms like you just whacked the bone with an iron rod.  The girl doesn't seem to have felt the pain you did, but she and her father both yelp in surprise at the unexpected display. 

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 25, 2018, 07:01:41 pm »

Randolf doesn't trust these shady guys enough to open his mouth underwater just because everyone else seems to be able to talk underwater for no reason. And now there's a guy that has been stabbed with a sword talking in tongues that apparently seeks death or something stupid like that.

(thinking) I ain't dealing with this dumb crap.

Randolf just turns towards the exit and walks away.

No. Go back and express my confusion to the priest with a nonverbally "what the hell is going on here" stare while angrily waving my air bladder around. They didn't tell me there was going to be an underwater temple with a guy impaled by a sword. I want an explanation, the full story. Remind them that I was HIRED just to protect from the healer girl (emphasis on from, because they didn't want me to protect her from danger, but to protect everyone from her as if she was the danger.), not join a damn cult. This is a temporal job and I'm not getting paid enough to deal with this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 25, 2018, 11:53:22 pm »

Can his statement be reversed... 'have you come to kill me?' becomes 'have you not come to kill me?' yeah, no. it's a non-reversible. And I'm not sure that the whole opposite day thing applies at all anyway.
"I don't know."
which would reverse to 'I do know', which is meaningless in this context. so he can't fall into the reverse meaning trap either if that's even a thing.
"I was told that you might mean the opposite of what you say, and that I should attempt to speak to you the same way, yet that doesn't seem reasonable or likely."
A statement that SHOULD also become not only nonsensible if reversed, but clearly convey that I'm confused on this issue even if he tries to reverse it, and the goal here is communication, not wordplay. He seems to be thinking clearly enough to hopefully be able to understand me.
"I've been trying to learn what is happening here, but what I get told feels like lies. I think I've walked into a trap, but I don't know what kind it is. People that come here disappear, and nobody has been willing to tell me how or why. I want to help people, and to understand, but I don't know enough to make things better. What is the problem?"
I hope he doesn't have trouble understanding me. If what I just said is reversed, it can convey some weird meanings, but I think he'll be able to decipher it, especially since I signaled the problem first and brought it to his attention, so he should be ready to check for communication errors too if it really is a thing.
talk
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 203